Old 01-10-2020, 08:37 PM

Overwhelming emotional responses.

I was unnnerved by someones (I'm close to this person) response to bad stimuli in their lives. It led me to over-react. Said things I regret. I didn't mean them. I swear.

The lil'wrekker ran over(with her car) her new $$$$iPhone this morning. I don't even understand how she did that. Reminds me of the time She dropped her phone in a toilet at school and LEFT it there!!. I cursed at her. I never do that. Another over-reaction.
I have an extended warranty.

DIL came in a while ago. She said she was checking on me. Struck me as invasive. Oh, my. I told her she could've texted, kinda snappishly. She meeky said "I came to get those eggs you wanted me to have" Oh, man. I felt small. I apologized.

I'm all over the place emotionally. I'm feeling things like a high strung teenager. I don't understand it.
My recent kidney things and the upcoming surgery has released a flood of thoughts and fears. I know my diabetes will kill me. I've made peace with this, many years ago. I just think I gotta do things now. I don't have any patience with...idk..with anything. The electric kettle pissed me off today because it wouldn't hurry up. I couldn't watch Jeopardy this afternoon. That one guy just irked me. Turned it off.
Not sure this month will be pleasant for anyone I live with.
At least the Cats know to stay away from me. The dang dogs are skating on thin ice. I tell you what.

Gah!
Sorry guys. Don't mean to unload on this board. But if I don't I'm liable to just start screaming and not stop.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:00 PM

*puts arms around Beck and gives her a big (((hug)))*

Awww, Bekkers, Dear. You can let go here. All we'll ever do is love you!

~VOW
Old 01-10-2020, 10:41 PM

Showing emotions is good.
It is the person who acts out and refuses to acknowledge it that is the problem. You know who you are and recognize you are going through issues. That keeps you on the good side of life. Receive a hug from all of us and face the day.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:15 AM

Ah. A 'Number 24'.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:37 AM

{{{hugs}}}
Old 01-11-2020, 01:08 AM

You're in a frustrating and scary period right now. Your reactions are understandable. You'll make it.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Sorry guys. Don't mean to unload on this board.
Y'know, that's the great thing about being a Doper. You can unload, vent, rant, rave, and do it all in perfect anonymity--but you'll be doing it among friends.

Hang in there, Beck. It's a difficult time, but you'll get through it. Besides, you've got to stay with us, because we need you to help us count to a million.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:44 AM

What I do in these situations is drink a bunch of whiskey and then say and do things that I regret later. I'm not saying it's a great suggestion, but on the other hand nobody has come up with any better idea.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:15 AM

Getting drunk is not something I can do. If I wanna live long enough have the surgery. So there's that.
What I feel like I need is to be somewhere else for a short period. If there were only a nice Doper who would take in a needy, clingy phobic sick person. I sound like a riot, don't I? Fun just oozes outta my pores.
Ah, well. I'll just keep on keepin' on.
{{{Lovies for everyone}}}

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 01-11-2020 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:30 AM

Quote:
If there were only a nice Doper who would take in a needy, clingy phobic sick person.
Only if your house is burning down. And NO CATS!
Old 01-11-2020, 03:45 AM

You just come right up here to rainy Washington, Becks. Ol' Nellie has a guest room, and I can handle irritable/nervous/moody people. Hell, I spent 25+ years cooped up with teen-agers (not the same teen-agers, of course). Bring the Meezers: they're basically just slightly fuzzier teen-agers, right?

Seriously, you've had too many worries lately, and I'm guessing they've sucked up your emotional reservoir. You've got nothing left to deal with the little things. Rant away here.

How does this affect your blood sugar? And could your blood sugar level play a role here, too?
Old 01-11-2020, 11:49 AM

We're in SCal now, shackled with doctor appointments. However, you are more than welcome to the use of the AZ house! Bring the Meezers, maybe THEY can eliminate the mouse problem once and for all!

The absolute serenity of our place in AZ will drain all your anxiety away. Guaranteed!

~VOW
Old 01-11-2020, 11:57 AM

Y'all so nice!
Except you, Gato.
If I could find you I'd show up at your house just to bother you ()

(Do you have beams in your ceiling?)

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 01-11-2020 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:28 PM

You can crash here, including the cats (Vienna would love them!).

And there's a Sonic not far from here.

But NO DOGS!!!
Old 01-11-2020, 07:00 PM

AZ has no beams, but LOTS of windows, which are perfect for birdie-watching and sun basking!

~VOW
Old 01-11-2020, 07:47 PM

I may have to really go some where. Mr.Wrekker came in and looked at me. I said "what?" He sez, syrup dripping off his chin, "Can I have a Jack, neat?". I reminded him there still was no Jack Daniels in the house. He sat down and with the same sticky sweetness, asked me was I ever gonna buy some?
I told him, "Go to hell"
He looked like I punched him in the stomach.

I never do these things. I swear I'm nice.
He came home with a Large jug of Jack Daniels.(I've never seen a gallon of liquor in a home) And made his own cocktail.
He needs to get used to that.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:53 PM

This sounds like me during menopause. I was on an emotional roller coaster that didn't end until I discovered HRT. I'm past it now, so you can crash at my place and I welcome cats AND dogs.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
The lil'wrekker ran over(with her car) her new $$$$iPhone this morning. I don't even understand how she did that. Reminds me of the time She dropped her phone in a toilet at school and LEFT it there!!. I cursed at her. I never do that. Another over-reaction.
I have an extended warranty.
don't use it. if she's that careless with such an expensive device, she does not deserve another one.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enola Gay View Post
This sounds like me during menopause. I was on an emotional roller coaster that didn't end until I discovered HRT. I'm past it now, so you can crash at my place and I welcome cats AND dogs.
Well, now that makes me wanna get drunk!
Old 01-13-2020, 01:19 AM

I had a few moments of regret for telling big Wrek to go to hell. I was inspired to apologize to him when he came in this afternoon.
It's not like me to curse people. Especially people I live in domestic arrangements with. I mean, I might want him to pay the heating bill a few more months. I do depend on him. He's usually unnerved by my goofiness and leaves me to my rat killin'. Going about his outdoor hobbies and not tracking in mud and such.
But, then he came in. I fixed his cocktail and handed it to him as he passed me in the kitchen.
Oh, heck no. I ain't apologizing. He'll get over it. And be the bigger man, for it.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 01-13-2020 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:23 AM

On your way to see nellie you can stop by my place for a bit if you like, cats welcome of course. No roof beams but plenty of beds for them to hide under and a drier for them to roost on. Oh, and a closet organizer with a top shelf that might do in a pinch instead of a ceiling beam.

Seriously, you know you can send me a private AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!! any time.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:01 AM

☺️Awwww!
Old 01-13-2020, 11:50 AM

Hey Beck, first off, donít be too hard on yourself, itís a really difficult time.

Second, Iíve had some of that bad shit too, recently. There are coping things you can do that do help (or at least, they helped me). Hereís a suggestion.

Lay a date down Ė letís say April 1st. Hereís the thing: on April 1st all of this will be in the rear-view mirror and disappearing into the distance behind you. Keep telling yourself that. No more than a memory of a bad time. So focus on April 1st (for me it was the New Year Ė but the idea is just the same, itís a marker to be positive about). Whatís early April like in your neck of the woods? Pleasantly warm? Wildflowers in bloom? Weather OK for sitting out on the deck? Sounds great already. Focus on it.

If youíre doing this already, or have already rejected it for whatever reason Ė sorry to waste your time. If it sounds helpful, I can post or PM a few of the other things I found useful, if you would like.

Look after yourself!

j
Old 01-13-2020, 01:46 PM

I get you. Thanks.

I planted 250 bulbs in November. Red and Yellow tulips. They will bloom around early April. I think when I see them up and blooming my travails will be over. Or I'll be dead, and my family will see them. Ain't that romantic?(I know, morbid☺️)

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 01-13-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:49 PM

Am I the only one who wants the story of how you can run over your own phone???
Old 01-13-2020, 01:51 PM

I have heard that if unwanted wildlife dines on planted flower bulbs, it helps to dunk the bulbs in hot sauce before planting!

*evil, evil grin*

~VOW
Old 01-13-2020, 06:40 PM

Come on up in time for the St. Paul Winter Carnival and test your mettle for cold. Actually, it's been a relatively warm winter so far, but we keep getting warned that winter is coming.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:05 PM

The lil'wrekker ran over her phone by accidentally leaving it on top of her car. She says she saw it slide off as she backed out and her crunch as her wheel went over it. This is why I bought insurance. Crap happens.
Her new phone is already in her hands.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:30 PM

Iím an WASPy Canadian and therefore supposed to be rather reserved and polite and unobtrusive, but BIG HUGS to you, Beck, and a reminder that youíve piled up tons of good karma and so can afford to spend a little by not being perfect in this tough time. You have a lot going on and itís okay to let others around you know it ainít business as usual.

Plus, more hugs.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:14 PM

Thank you. Hugs are always welcomed.
I'm feeling tons better, athough tired. I go to the clinic tomorrow and get more drugs pumped in. I'm hoping to perk up to a good place.
And...wait for it...the Big Wrek apologized to me. He kinda got woke a little bit.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
The lil'wrekker ran over her phone by accidentally leaving it on top of her car. She says she saw it slide off as she backed out and her crunch as her wheel went over it. This is why I bought insurance. Crap happens.
Her new phone is already in her hands.
OK, I can sympathize with Li'l Wrekker. Once when I lived in Massachusetts, a car pulled abreast of me on the highway and honked an pointed to my car's roof. When I'd stopped for gas, I'd left my handbag up there. And oh, the places my cell phones have died. I'm still convinced there's a mountain goat in Wyoming who has my phone nestled somewhere in one of his stomachs.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:01 PM
Charter Member

I'm a little late to this party, but I'll just say that you might want to give a blanket apology to your nearest and dearest. Yes, in many cases they may deserve whatever you're dishing out, but if this is unlike you, you may actually feel better if you just (before anything else happens, not after) say to your family, " I'm sorry if I'm acting snappy. I'm taking my nerves out on you, and that's not fair. Please bear with me, because I love you."

This should make you feel better, and make them worry less. And remember, sometimes they DO deserve it.

StG
Old 01-15-2020, 09:53 PM

Hugs Beck. The new year has been crappy here too. This too shall pass.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:27 AM

I have apologized to all parties. We're good.
The whole family is under stress.
My big concern, of course is the lil'wrekker. I just can't have her so worried that her college work suffers. She's done so well. She doesn't need to worry about her ol' Ma.
Hey, you guys have been so nice. I appreciate your kind words and advice. If one person tells me online friends are not real friends I may just kick them. This is a real community of real people. I love it here.
I love all you guys.
Thank you again.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:42 AM

Beck, I'm so sorry you're going through all this! I think the emotional rollercoaster is totally normal. I'm glad you've apologized to your fam, but maybe you could ask your care team if there's a counselor you could see, even if it's just once or twice? This may happen again and it would be good for you to have some coping tools.

As for your daughter in college, I've been in that situation. What she should do is to go to her profs and tell them what's going on. Tell them that she's going to do her very best to do all that's required, but she may need an extended due date here or there. Just stay in contact. Don't get behind and give up without talking to them. My profs were all great when I was going through stuff. She may want to get some counseling through her university, too.

ETA: She should talk to her advisor(s), as well. Mine were helpful not only with class-related things, but they gave me emotional support, too. Maybe she could withdraw from one class to lighten her load a bit? Just this term?

Last edited by Helena330; 01-16-2020 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:39 AM

Thanks, Helena. We have a meeting with the Surgical team next week. They want as many of the immediate family as can be there to come. I've been offered counselling. I may take them up on it.
I'll be sure and talk to the lil'wrekker about all this when she's home this weekend.
My ever diligent DIL is keeping me in line. I really don't know what I'd do without her. She's a treasure.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 01-16-2020 at 04:39 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:57 AM
Charter Member

Beck, you would always be welcome here. My house is a mess, but the guest room is pretty clean. And, I have cats.

Regardless, be well, think positively, and know that you have friends. I hope that I am one of them.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
Beck, you would always be welcome here. My house is a mess, but the guest room is pretty clean. And, I have cats.

Regardless, be well, think positively, and know that you have friends. I hope that I am one of them.
Yeah, but do you have bears?

Any bear sightings recently, Beck?

StG
Old 01-16-2020, 12:40 PM

It seems Mr. Bear is sleeping one off. When spring gets here, look out!
Old 01-18-2020, 03:22 PM

Hugs to you, Beck, and donít be so hard on yourself.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Getting drunk is not something I can do.
https://weedmaps.com/learn/laws-and-...ions/arkansas/
Old 01-18-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by road_lobo View Post
I knew that (). Weed is not advisable for diabetics. You lose inhibitions and may over-eat. My blood glucose levels are hard to control at this time. Can't take the chance.

But, getting high or drunk sounds like an escape that I could use.
Well, kinda. Never been either, so I'm not sure.