Old 01-19-2020, 07:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Johnny LA, whence this snow??? And it stuck? Ours from the other day melted pretty fast, and we've had none (that stuck, anyway) since.
We got a total of about eight inches in Birch Bay. It's melting nicely now, but I did want to get it off of the driveway and also get the trash and recycling out.

Aver shovelling snow, I came in and Mrs. L.A. said she's going to make biscuits. I asked if she wanted gravy, so I made some; plus some scrambled eggy weggs. Not good for Low-Carb Boy, but it was tasty. I watched the Titans lose (It's OK, though. We think Patrick Mahones is a good kid.) and then Mrs. L.A. sent me to the store for a bottle of wine. Then it was out to chop wood. I spent an hour or so chopping two and a half wheelbarrows full of wood, and stacking it in the catio. A nice shower, and I think I'm done for the day.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:03 PM
born to be shunned

Doggio -- look at it this way -- another half like this and you can put your FULL attention on hockey.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
The Titans lost. (I'm sure baker is celebrating)
I'm happy for my manager, and glad that things will probably be happy at work on Tuesday. I can't imagine what the local bars are going to be like on Super Bowl Sunday.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Chances are ------ the top lifts off being a semi-huge-and-heavy piece with the roll and writing surface and leaving two "towers" of drawers connected by a couple cross/supporting pieces or a single pillar base. But I would be interested to see pictures. Since doing Dads I've found myself somewhat of a desk fan.

I love desks too and rolltops in particular. I've always found them fascinating, with all of the cubbyholes, and the way they close up and hide the chaos.

Thank you all for your well wishes. I appreciate them very much.

We've arranged for MiL to get cremated. Her remains will go to Mexico, where she'll be interred with her parents. Next summer or so, we'll have a memorial service here with all of her friends.

Y'all are right about this year getting off to a rough start. Here's hoping the rest of it brings better news.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:56 PM

Happy Sunday evening to all.

Mooom hope the kids have done insulation before. Not real technical but they needs protection, masks, etc.

Metal Mouse hope you are documenting all these events with photos. Might be entertaining to see one day.

Sunny Sorry for losing MiL. I do think cremation is the way. Why store bodies in the soil?

Butters, I hope things are looking up for you.

Johny LA I am worried about your hummingbird friend. Keep us deformed, okay?

Went to the super market. Bought a plastic basket with holes in it. People use them for laundry. I use them for my compost. Cut out the bottom, and put it upside down on the soil. Load through the top, which used to be the bottom. When it is full, take off the basket, and shovel into the next basket. Which turns the compost. You need three baskets. Living alone it takes about a month to fill up the basket. After three baskets, the compost is ready for the garden.

Bought a cooked chicken. It fed a friend and I lunch, plus sandwiches for supper for us both, and a few pieces for the pets. The bird, tortillas, rolls, and beans cost $4.00. So, it worked out to be one buck for each meal. I was proud of that. Cheap entertainment.

Probably off to Netflix land, now.

Meet you back here tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:27 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicamoon View Post
Happy Sunday evening to all.

Mooom hope the kids have done insulation before. Not real technical but they needs protection, masks, etc.
They've never done it, but FCD and I both have, so we have done our best to educate them. SIL will be unrolling it in the attic, and he has coveralls and masks - he should be fine. Daughter will be passing the rolls up to him, and she'll cut pieces to size when required. They're being well-paid to do this little job.

Well, I think it's time for bed. Catch youse all in the next MMP!!
Old 01-19-2020, 09:32 PM
Charter Member

I'm glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Late on Sunday nights TCM has silent films, and tonight I can stay up for them! Harold Lloyd, here I come.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:55 PM

Leaving the horsepistol in a few. Hubs is much better and very anxious to get out of here. Thanks for all the good wishes.

Hugs to Sunny and VOW. Have not read so Rosie’s sig.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Leaving the horsepistol in a few. Hubs is much better and very anxious to get out of here. Thanks for all the good wishes.

Hugs to Sunny and VOW. Have not read so Rosie’s sig.
Psssst. Over here
Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Finally feeling like winter here, with temps dropping into the 60s at night. We still keep the windows open of course, but the ceiling fans run at medium speed now.
Old Today, 01:34 AM

I know you're in a different time zone from most of us, but five days difference?

Over here now.