Old 10-30-2019, 07:17 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Letting people know that you have a gun will not necessarily deter a person with a gun. It may cause them to shoot you in self defence or cause them to try to mate with you in gun fetish fellowship.

For example, when my friends and I were held at gunpoint by a toddler, the toddler did not have the mental capacity to care one way or the other as to whether we were armed (we were not -- we were starkers). I leave it to the dear reader to consider how many gun owners even have the mental ability and emotional stability of a toddler.
"...cause them to try to mate with you in gun fetish fellowship."

Excellent. The whole post, but that line made me LOL.

Last edited by steatopygia; 10-30-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
For example, when my friends and I were held at gunpoint by a toddler, the toddler did not have the mental capacity to care one way or the other as to whether we were armed (we were not -- we were starkers). I leave it to the dear reader to consider how many gun owners even have the mental ability and emotional stability of a toddler.
Sure, but deaths by toddler shootings are rare. It's not like more Americans were killed by toddlers in America than Muslim terrorists this year.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:39 AM

Stupid all around, almost goes in controversial encounters.

Idiot

I get that it was a BB-Gun, but if you are holding something that looks like a gun, and you are screaming at employees, you just might get the police called on you.

But, he wasn't a black teen, but a white senior citizen, so he got to live through the encounter to complain about it later.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Stupid all around, almost goes in controversial encounters.

Idiot

I get that it was a BB-Gun, but if you are holding something that looks like a gun, and you are screaming at employees, you just might get the police called on you.

But, he wasn't a black teen, but a white senior citizen, so he got to live through the encounter to complain about it later.
Well, too bad there wasn't a case of police just charging into a Walmart and shooting a black guy with a BB Gun.

Oh, wait..

I'm sure this one is different somehow.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:45 AM

Kentucky woman shoots up a KFC drive thru because she didn't get a fork and a napkin.
https://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-wo...n-fork-1468351
Old 11-03-2019, 01:00 AM

KFC is not worth the $20 bucket let alone jail time.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:59 AM

Can't eat the slaw without a fork. /devil's advocate
Old 11-03-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Can't eat the slaw without a fork. /devil's advocate
That's why God made fingers.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Well she laid it on the table and gave me a grin
Opened it up and said dig on in
I started on a thigh and then I got me a breast
My mouth got so full I had to save the rest
Yeah I'm snackin' all night, it's all right, all right
Got an eight piece box
Old 11-04-2019, 06:50 AM

All kidding aside, imagine the fear and anger that must exist in a country where these bizarre shootings are so frequent. I live in a "shithole" country, I guess, but am not planning on moving to U.S.A. anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Sure, but deaths by toddler shootings are rare. It's not like more Americans were killed by toddlers in America than Muslim terrorists this year.
For those who don't get the joke, I think shootings in America this year by toddlers outnumber killings in America by Muslim terrorists.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:31 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

A 6-year-old Ohio boy brought a loaded gun to school
Quote:
A 6-year-old child in first grade at Kids Care Elementary in Columbus, Ohio brought a loaded, semiautomatic gun to school in his backpack Wednesday, police say.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:00 AM

Poll Question

I keep clicking Submit in Elections, then doing an Edit 'nm' to avoid getting BANNED.

Question: Would the following have earned a Warning?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
You must REALLY hate this administration. Or the early-21st century one that lied to get the US into a war that killed hundreds of thousands of people and spawned yet another terrorist organization.

Or is it only bad when a comedian SUGGESTS Democrats do it?
OP wasn't worried about a few hundred thousands of deaths — they were all going to die anyway eventually. Nor trillions in lost treasure — that treasure was diverted to American Job Creators™ who know whose political coffers to grease.

OP was worried about Gun Control. Think of it!! Some Americans might be forced to trade in the 30-round magazines for their AR-15's for 20-round magazines. The horror! The horror!
Old 11-12-2019, 06:18 PM

Again, I would like to see this story in the happy happy gun gun thread but I never go near that one anymore because I tend to harsh their slugs.

It looks like SCotUS has delivered a kick to Remington Arms in their efforts to get the parents of the Sandy Hook students to just leave them alone. This is not a ruling on the question itself but on whether the families should even be allowed to ask it, so hope remains that the high court might still get them off the, uh, hook when there is a ruling later on.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:54 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Teen-age driver shot in her back with by rear seat passenger with an AR-15.

She's dead now.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

A man was shot to death by his own booby trap he made to protect his home:
Quote:
When officers arrived, they discovered a device on the front door of the man's home that was designed to fire a handgun if anyone attempted to enter, the department said.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
Darwin approves. Doubt the shooter qualifies for felony murder, but it would be interesting to learn why they were driving around with a loaded rifle, in a position where it could be negligently discharged into someone. My WAG is they were driving around, shooting at road signs, and genius in the back seat had his finger on the trigger and the safety off. Burn him.

The booby trap story is hilarious and sad. Booby traps are illegal, just about everywhere in America. I feel for someone who'd been the victim of theft enough that they felt it necessary to emplace one to defend their property.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:44 PM

Suitable for both Stupid Gun news of the day and also Positive gun news of the day.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
The booby trap story is hilarious and sad. Booby traps are illegal, just about everywhere in America. I feel for someone who'd been the victim of theft enough that they felt it necessary to emplace one to defend their property.
I might have a bit of sympathy for the guy if it turns out he really was the victim of multiple home robberies/invasions, or even lived in a bad neighborhood. My suspicion is that he was worried about something that wasn't going to happen and died because of it.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
I might have a bit of sympathy for the guy if it turns out he really was the victim of multiple home robberies/invasions, or even lived in a bad neighborhood. My suspicion is that he was worried about something that wasn't going to happen and died because of it.
I have no idea of his prior history. Many of the people who've made it into textbooks for their booby traps and 'spring guns' working well, installed them because they'd gotten robbed over and over. The police are...well, apologetic is about the best you can hope for. Clearance on domestic burglaries is something ridiculously small, like under 10 percent.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:47 PM

Trust me, there are no bad neighborhoods in Van Buren, ME. I grew up in The County. There are barely neighborhoods in Van Buren, ME.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Charter Member

The police department said
Quote:
Other unknown devices were also discovered alarming investigators to contact the Maine State Police Bomb Squad.

[...]it was determined that Mr. Cyr had been shot as the result of the unintentional discharge of one of his homemade devices.
His house had multiple such devices. I am guessing there may have been some mental illness in play here.

Last edited by Miller; 12-02-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
Trust me, there are no bad neighborhoods in Van Buren, ME. I grew up in The County. There are barely neighborhoods in Van Buren, ME.
Looks like it's basically Canada. Hard to get closer to it than they are anyway. The kind of place where everyone knows everyone, and the people who moved there in 1983 are still called , 'that new family who moved into the Johnson's place.'

His situation reminds me of that one, heavily booby-trapped, house in Fallout: New Vegas. Only without the scorpions. I agree, he sounds like he was mentally ill. Well, he's cured now.

I feel for the poor people in Public Safety who had to clean out the house.

Last edited by Gray Ghost; 12-01-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
Booby traps are illegal, just about everywhere in America.
I believe there is no "just about". Every structure must accessible to emergency services. Those that have things like barrels of HazMat or dangerous equipment are normally required to inform the city/county of what needs to be avoided. There are probably big fines for anyone who harbors any kind of major unreported hazard on their property – if they get caught hiding it that is.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Those that have things like barrels of HazMat or dangerous equipment are normally required to inform the city/county of what needs to be avoided.
And to visibly post it.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
OP was worried about Gun Control. Think of it!! Some Americans might be forced to trade in the 30-round magazines for their AR-15's for 20-round magazines. The horror! The horror!
When twenty-ONE armed home invaders, uhh..., invade your home, you'll thank them for their foresight!

In the meantime, the National Tracing Center, the place that traces weapons used in a crime, is not allowed to have a computerized database of all the paperwork it has, lest it be used to GRAB ALL THE GUNS!!!! So, it takes manual searching to trace the origin of a gun, slowing down crime investigations.

Really annoys me, that one.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
When twenty-ONE armed home invaders, uhh..., invade your home, you'll thank them for their foresight!
And think of those poor souls who will be helpless against the onslaught of 30-50 feral hogs!
Old 12-03-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
And think of those poor souls who will be helpless against the onslaught of 30-50 feral hogs!
Plus after you save your family from that hog onslaught, you have to fight the dreaded Boss Hogg!
Old 12-03-2019, 03:34 PM

30-50 might be an exaggeration, but not by much.

And they will absolutely and completely fuck you up.

Feral hogs in Texas attacked and killed a woman outside a home

Quote:
A Texas woman was found dead after pre-dawn attack by a group of feral hogs outside a home, the Chambers County sheriff said.
Christine Rollins, a 59-year old caregiver to an elderly couple in Anahuac, failed to show up at her normal time on Sunday, the sheriff's office said. The 84-year-old homeowner found her lying in the front yard between her car and the house.
Certainly it's rare, but I can tell you from personal experience on my own property, feral hogs are a rapidly growing menace. 20 years ago there were no signs of hogs at all on my property at all and very few on my neighbors. Last time I went out I found indications of at least 2 packs and I've only got 60 acres.
Old 12-04-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post

Mmmmmm.....porketta.
They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:46 PM

Kids having a nerf gun fight, when Uncle Drunky says “Here's what a real one looks like” and shoots one of the kids in the leg.

But he is an alcoholic, so that makes it ok.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:25 PM

Second Amendment icon George Zimmerman is suing the family of Trayvon Martin for defamation, abuse of civil process, and conspiracy. He is seeking $100 million in damages.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/loc...238030539.html

I guess he already blew the $250K he made by auctioning off the gun he used to kill Trayvon.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Kids having a nerf gun fight, when Uncle Drunky says “Here's what a real one looks like” and shoots one of the kids in the leg.

But he is an alcoholic, so that makes it ok.
The clear solution is to ban nerf guns so tragedies like this don't happen again.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:43 PM

Memphis woman pulls a gun at a McDonald's because she got ketchup instead of jelly.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/asia-...00149f73dcc7e?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Memphis woman pulls a gun at a McDonald's because she got ketchup instead of jelly.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/asia-...00149f73dcc7e?
To be fair, I feel that strongly against ketchup myself. But I would not have pulled anything worse than a knife.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
To be fair, I feel that strongly against ketchup myself. But I would not have pulled anything worse than a knife.
That's old school. The new weapon of choice is a narwhal horn.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:03 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
That's old school. The new weapon of choice is a narwhal horn.
Fire extinguishers at 10 paces.
Old Today, 03:04 PM
Charter Member

Clutch Catch: A couple of morons shopping for a gun leave an infant on top of the shop counter. While the morons' attention is focused on their fetish, the shop manager moves in just in time to prevent the infant from falling head-first onto the concrete floor.