Old 01-10-2020, 12:57 PM

Fuck you too, electric boogaloo!

Virginia elected a Democratic governor and legislature for the first time in a quarter-century, and when they proposed moderate gun control legislation, the right-wing snowflakes lost their shit and started threatening to take their ball home. They're raising the specter of a full-blown civil war against what they claim is tyranny.

Bad enough, but at least when their gggggrandfathers did it back in 1861, they used florid Victorian language. Now, they're trying to either cloak their treasonous talk, or make light of it, by calling rebellion against the duly-elected government "the boogaloo." I presume this meme arose from the "thought" Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ment-civil-war

So to that faction of Virginians who are bandying about the fucking boogaloo with any thing but unalloyed condemnation: fuck you too, electric boogaloo! Dems get gerrymandered and "voter fraud"ed out of electoral victory in state after state, and when they do manage to overcome all that, take office, and propose legislation that's survived judicial review and that they didn't hide during the campaign, the opposition tries to win anyway by threatening civil war if they dare to enforce that legislation. Why bother having an election at all, why not just give all the keys to the Republicans and appoint them to office permanently?

And the hand-wringers who claim to not support "boogaloo" but ostentatiously and repeatedly express concern about it if the horrible evil legislation is implemented -- I'm looking at you, Phil Van Cleave and your "Leave it alone. Walk away.” in the article -- don't escape unscathed. IMHO, they want all the deterrent effect of scaring off the Virginia government from adopting legislation they oppose without any of the backlash or personal cost of taking a pro-civil-war stance.

Last edited by John Bredin; 01-10-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 01-10-2020, 01:02 PM

They want another civil war... like that worked out so well the last time. Is it something in the water, or are they just genetically stupid?
Old 01-10-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atimnie View Post
They want another civil war... like that worked out so well the last time. Is it something in the water, or are they just genetically stupid?
But this time, they're not even picking a fight with the "Union," but their very own beloved Virginia. How's that going to work?
Old 01-10-2020, 01:55 PM

How is threatening armed conflict for political goals not terrorism?

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 01-10-2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
But this time, they're not even picking a fight with the "Union," but their very own beloved Virginia. How's that going to work?
Maybe we'll end up with East Virginia as well.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:55 PM

I agree: fuck 'em. Let the violent yokels start shooting over their fantasy boogeymen bullshit. When they get shot dead or sent to life sentences by the authorities, we will have a modern day example of what happens when rednecks follow through on their terroristic threats. With them out of the way, maybe the rest of the public can have a reasonable debate about how to govern themselves.

I don't care if they come out here and burn my house and shoot me dead, my position will still be: fuck 'em. We don't make decisions in this country based on terroristic threats. It is too bad the bumpkins' message isn't resonating with the people-who-know-what-they're-talking-about community enough that they can win elections in VIRGINIA, but them's the breaks.

Hell, I don't care if the dipshits WIN a civil war. I, house burned and shot dead, will mock them from the Great Beyond as their gap-toothed new Confederate nation staggers along for a few weeks or months with no electricity or running water or internet because all the people who know what they're talking about are dead, followed by the redneck realization that the Chinese occupiers are 100x more tyrranical than Democrats, and that there is no possible hope of ever voting China's army out of power.

I hope I made that clear. I said fuck 'em. Go ahead and come here and shoot me first, you ignorant fuckwit Confederate terrorists.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:04 PM

Historically, civil wars are not known to be announced - or even identified until things get bloody for a while. It's even been argued the American Revolution was this nation''s first civil war.

The "some" of "thousands" that Lois Beckett alludes to in her piece is hardly cause for chest-thumping, or even a pitting. The progressive left and religious right both prefer authoritarian solutions and laws when enforcing their ideals and mores on their opposition and a diverse society at large. Things could get a whole lot messier before people come to realize top down solutions are impractical, and often unsustainable.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:55 PM

The importance of stressing the sameness of "both sides" in a thread about right wing 2A enthusiast death threat issuers and hysterical false premise reactionary civil war fomenting terrorist rebels and their reinforcement by out-of-state white nationalist militia allies can't be overstated.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:24 AM

Can't we all use a little more Boogaloo in our lives???
Old 01-11-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
They will raid Walmart for bigger TV's.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:31 AM

And when the next school house massacre happens, the gun loons will avoid taking responsibility for enforcing the law and want to prosecute the school's resource officer instead. They worship at the alter of violence while showing contempt toward representative democracy.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telemark View Post
Maybe we'll end up with East Virginia as well.
North Virgini/South Virginia.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:51 PM
Charter Member

Moderate? The VA state Democrats are proposing laws that amount to "you can't own any guns the government decides it doesn't want you to have". That pretty much shits on gun ownership as a fundamental right, and the Dems don't care if the troglodytes object, they plan to cram it down the throats of the populace because what's "right" trumps what the hoi polloi want- which pretty much shits on the idea of democracy. When local law enforcement proclaimed that they didn't want to have to be the ones to enforce these laws, the Dems declared they'd have the VA National Guard do it- and then the Guard declared that they didn't want to have to either.

Despite deep doubts about the constitutionality of such laws, the Democratic majority is falling back on the old authoritarian mantra of "THE Law is THE Law!". I wonder if the African-American legislators in favor of this would have had a similar attitude during the civil disobedience campaigns of the Civil Rights era.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
Moderate? The VA state Democrats are proposing laws that amount to "you can't own any guns the government decides it doesn't want you to have".
Horseshit.

Quote:
which pretty much shits on the idea of democracy.
The democratically elected state government? Ok.

Quote:
Despite deep doubts about the constitutionality of such laws, the Democratic majority is falling back on the old authoritarian mantra of "THE Law is THE Law!". I wonder if the African-American legislators in favor of this would have had a similar attitude during the civil disobedience campaigns of the Civil Rights era.
A comparison of defending silencers and bump stocks to not being second class citizens.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:26 AM

I wonder where Lumpy stands on the political spectrum...

That was sarcasm, it's obvious he's a right wing idiot.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:24 AM

Virginia politics are a mess. Both sides hate each other, and have for decades. Just look at the combat they had 26 years ago.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
When local law enforcement proclaimed that they didn't want to have to be the ones to enforce these laws, the Dems declared they'd have the VA National Guard do it- and then the Guard declared that they didn't want to have to either.

Wow, what a display of aggressive stupidity.

I'm pretty sure law enforcement wasn't afraid to enforce the law during the Civil Rights era. That's kind of what civil disobedience means, you break the law but remain civilized and non-violent.

It's almost like Conservative Gun Huggers only support the police when they're arresting brown folks. Sure, throw some little brown kid in a cage because their parents broke the law... it's their fault, they broke the law! Attempt to enforce the law on some white skinned backwoods yokel? It's time to shoot the cops because they're going to take away Mah Guns.

This is why I don't believe any Conservative whey they claim to love this country, or respect the law, or respect anything but themselves.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post
Wow, what a display of aggressive stupidity.

I'm pretty sure law enforcement wasn't afraid to enforce the law during the Civil Rights era. That's kind of what civil disobedience means, you break the law but remain civilized and non-violent.

It's almost like Conservative Gun Huggers only support the police when they're arresting brown folks. Sure, throw some little brown kid in a cage because their parents broke the law... it's their fault, they broke the law! Attempt to enforce the law on some white skinned backwoods yokel? It's time to shoot the cops because they're going to take away Mah Guns.

This is why I don't believe any Conservative whey they claim to love this country, or respect the law, or respect anything but themselves.
If they would just give some proof that they've read any amendment aside from the second, it'd be a great start, but they're the ones who cheer when Trump calls the press "the enemy of the people".

How much overlap is there between these capital-p "Patriots" who never read the Constitution, and capital-c "Christians" who are happy the homeless are dying on the streets, that sick people are going bankrupt or dying of lack of care, who approve slut-shaming women by the sort of men who brag about sexually-assaulting women, who gleefully rejoice in rejecting desperate immigrants and sending them back to certain death, who happily and boldly accuse honest people of the crimes they themselves have committed, and who lie so constantly and aggressively that they make discourse impossible?
Old 01-12-2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Moderate? The VA state Democrats are proposing laws that amount to "you can't own any guns the government decides it doesn't want you to have". That pretty much shits on gun ownership as a fundamental right, and the Dems don't care if the troglodytes object, they plan to cram it down the throats of the populace because what's "right" trumps what the hoi polloi want- which pretty much shits on the idea of democracy. When local law enforcement proclaimed that they didn't want to have to be the ones to enforce these laws, the Dems declared they'd have the VA National Guard do it- and then the Guard declared that they didn't want to have to either.

To answer your points in reverse order:

* "The law is the law" is also the mantra of the Trumpists regarding people crossing the border without permission. Doesn't matter that some people were brought here by their parents when they were still children, doesn't matter how much they've been a productive member of society since, not even by serving in the armed forces, illegal is illegal.

*It's fucking disingenuous to say that "the Dems declared they'd have the VA National Guard do it." One legislator said it, and I will presume you're not stupid enough to think one legislator can do fuck-all by himself, much less speak for the entire legislature, much less speak for the governor or the executive branch. The governor can activate the Guard but he never said he'd do so, and the Guard confirmed that they haven't been asked to do so by the governor or his staff.

*The voters who elected this governor and legislature knowing their stance on gun control are also the populace, the hoi polloi, or whatever other term you want to use to imply that the Democratic electorate aren't the "real" people while the gun control opponents bandying about the prospect of civil war are.

*The right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, no more than the fundamental rights in the First Amendment are. The phrase "shall make no law" in the First doesn't give one the right to slander someone, or to commit wire fraud, or to kill someone as a religious sacrifice, why should "shall not be infringed" in the Second mean that anything goes? The case where the Supreme Court held that the right to keep and bear arms is enforceable against the states, McDonald v. City of Chicago, 561 U.S. 742 (2010), also said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S. Supreme Court
It is important to keep in mind that Heller, while striking down a law that prohibited the possession of handguns in the home, recognized that the right to keep and bear arms is not “a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” [Citation.] We made it clear in Heller that our holding did not cast doubt on such longstanding regulatory measures as “prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill,” “laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.” [Citation.] We repeat those assurances here. Despite municipal respondents' doomsday proclamations, incorporation does not imperil every law regulating firearms.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bredin View Post
*The voters who elected this governor and legislature knowing their stance on gun control
Did the elected officials actually propose any of these measure before the elections? The impression I got was "Suprise suckas, we've got a MANDATE now!"

And to everyone who responded with sarcasm, ridicule and contempt: Fuck you. Fuck you with fish hooks. Fuck you with fish hooks coated with fire ant venom.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Did the elected officials actually propose any of these measure before the elections? The impression I got was "Suprise suckas, we've got a MANDATE now!"

And to everyone who responded with sarcasm, ridicule and contempt: Fuck you. Fuck you with fish hooks. Fuck you with fish hooks coated with fire ant venom.
Given that all they're doing (as of right now), is re-proposing Northam's ideas from last year, then yeah, they knew.

Have you tried not being a moron?
Old 01-13-2020, 10:01 AM

Why do Repubs always pull this crap? "Background checks" gets turned into "THEY'RE COMIN' TO TAKE OUR GUNNNNNNNNNNSSSS!" And then they need guns to go out in public?

No wonder they like Trump. He's the biggest wuss ever.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
3/10

Any ridicule or contempt you've received is well deserved.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Moderate? The VA state Democrats are proposing laws that amount to "you can't own any guns the government decides it doesn't want you to have".
That is, broadly, how gun control works at its most basic level, yes. Have a gold star.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedmonkey View Post
Virginia politics are a mess. Both sides hate each other, and have for decades. Just look at the combat they had 26 years ago.
So much cringe, so little time... The 80s really were something else, huh ?
Old 01-13-2020, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
Have you tried not being a moron?
Have you tried not re-eating the kernels of corn that come out of your ass?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
That is, broadly, how gun control works at its most basic level, yes. Have a gold star.
In the same way that the I can't onw a car the government doesn't want me to have. Remember back in 1901 when the government came in and confiscated all the cars so no one could drive?

Last edited by Buck Godot; 01-13-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
In the same way that the I can't onw a car the government doesn't want me to have. Remember back in 1901 when the government came in and confiscated all the cars so no one could drive?
I'm not driving, I'm travelling.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:10 PM

Have you tried not being a total fucking asshole? Because that's what you're being, a total fucking asshole, and everyone knows it.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
the gun loons
"Boogaloons" has a nice ring to it. "Boogalunatics" in formal usage.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:38 AM

Lumpy, before you fuck me with a fish hook, can you maybe stop and consider some other path to addressing the "deep doubts about the constitutionality" than taking up arms, issuing death threats to the legislature, radically misrepresenting what they are trying to pass as a pretext to threatening civil war and attracting out of state white nationalist militias for support? Do you really believe that is appropriate and the only recourse here?

Also, falling back on "the law is the LAW" doesn't sound very left-field to me. What the fuck else do you expect a LEGISLATURE to do exactly, hmmm? Because guess what? If it comes to shooting, falling back on the law goes all the way to shooting back with overwhelming force, which just happens to fit perfectly with my "kill 'em all" policy toward yokel redneck rebel traitor Confederate terrorists.

Last edited by Try2B Comprehensive; 01-14-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atimnie View Post

Have you tried not being a total fucking asshole? Because that's what you're being, a total fucking asshole, and everyone knows it.
I did not start the exchange of insults. If you don't want to hear any opinion or reasoning contradicting the "gunz are the evilz" mantra, then have the honesty to say so up front that the opposing view is going to be rejected out of hand. Otherwise, address posts on their merits instead of ad hominem denigration of people who don't agree with you.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
address posts on their merits
Once you submit a post with merits to be addressed, I'll be sure to follow this advice.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:38 AM

Lumpy is a hypocrite. He complains about ad hominems while engaging in ad hominems.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Moderate? The VA state Democrats are proposing laws that amount to "you can't own any guns the government decides it doesn't want you to have". That pretty much shits on gun ownership as a fundamental right, and the Dems don't care if the troglodytes object, they plan to cram it down the throats of the populace because what's "right" trumps what the hoi polloi want- which pretty much shits on the idea of democracy.
Actually polls show pretty much the opposite. Its been the minority gun lobby troglodites who don't believe in Democracy and are trying to cram guns down the throats of the populace because of what they believe is right which pretty much shits on the idea of democracy.

https://www.insidenova.com/news/poli...c8b418c52.html

Quote:
Voters strongly support requiring background checks on all gun sales, 86% to 13%,
and passing a ‘red flag’ law to remove guns from someone who may harm someone, 73% to 23%,
according to the poll results. A slight majority, 54% to 44%, support banning assault-style weapons.

Among other results:

Voters strongly back the Equal Rights Amendment (80%-13%).

A slight majority oppose giving localities authority to remove or alter Confederate monuments (51%-44%).

Voters strongly support decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana (83%-14%).

Voters strongly support raising the minimum wage (72%-28%)

Voters strongly support automatic voter registration (64%-31%), and no-excuse absentee voting (74%-23%)

Voters strongly support passage of the redistricting reform constitutional amendment (70%-15%).

Last edited by Buck Godot; 01-14-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:47 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Moderate? The VA state Democrats are proposing laws that amount to "you can't own any guns the government decides it doesn't want you to have". That pretty much shits on gun ownership as a fundamental right, and the Dems don't care if the troglodytes object, they plan to cram it down the throats of the populace because what's "right" trumps what the hoi polloi want- which pretty much shits on the idea of democracy.
Did these Democrats not win their elections? Did they not run on pro-gun control platforms? Are they not implementing the policies they campaigned on? What part of that is "shitting on democracy?"
Old 01-14-2020, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Fuck you too, electric boogaloo!

I can’t fail to wonder how much of the boogalooing may be a result of the efforts of provocateurs planting in various information venues the suggestion that there can be no choice but the boogaloo, and that ANY majority rule is by definition tyranny thereof.

Meanwhile, the last barely-Republican legislature could have used the chance they had to modify Northam’s proposals to something more passable to them, and then put the onus on him to sign them, and defused the pro-gun-control side of the Democratic platform and their momentum. But noooo, it was flat-out NO, nada, not a step back, don’t give an inch, don’t even consider it. And I can almost foretell that come this legislative session they will not even consider the possibility of lending votes to a less restrictive measure, it will once again be “NOOO! No Compromise! All Or Nothing!” (and don’t get smug, Dems, I know a bunch of you are gonna be like “sucks to be ya, losers”)

Last edited by JRDelirious; 01-14-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
Did these Democrats not win their elections? Did they not run on pro-gun control platforms? Are they not implementing the policies they campaigned on? What part of that is "shitting on democracy?"
What happened to "elections have consequences"?

Last edited by Turek; 01-14-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
That’s not only how gun control works, that’s how the law has been for a while.

The right to bear arms doesn’t equate to the right to carry around anything you want to without restrictions. It’s surprisingly lax; you can literally own a weapon that launches grenades or rockets if you register with the BATF and pay a small tax. Some states are a bit more restrictive but it will vary.

Weapons recently manufactured and fully automatic are not legal to own and use as a private citizen. Fully automatic weapons manufactured before 1986 can be legal to own if registered, but they are hard to find and very expensive. It’s also legal to buy a semiautomatic weapon that can be converted to fully automatic, though there have been efforts to make that practice illegal.

Regardless, the precedent has already been set that the federal government can and does tell you what guns you are allowed to legally possess. Griping about a new law that might violate the absolute right to gun ownership is a futile exercise since it already doesn’t exist.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turek View Post
What happened to "elections have consequences"?
Like the right wing answer for just about everything.. IOKWRDI.

Want to impeach an obviously crooked, corrupt, criminal president? Then your thwarting the will of the voters, and participating in an illegal coup.

Want to enact some common sense gun legislation that the majority want and in fact elected you to do? Well then time for an armed revolution.

I'm starting to wonder why anyone even bothers to point out Republican hippocracy any more. It's like commenting on the wetness of the oceans and the blueness of the sky.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I did not start the exchange of insults. If you don't want to hear any opinion or reasoning contradicting the "gunz are the evilz" mantra, then have the honesty to say so up front that the opposing view is going to be rejected out of hand. Otherwise, address posts on their merits instead of ad hominem denigration of people who don't agree with you.
So that's a no, then.

I'll wait while you come up with better insults, because it's painfully obvious better arguments are beyond you, given that you clearly didn't even note my original point, even after your "fuck you with fish hooks".

Weaponized stupidity, indeed.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
Republican hippocracy
"Above all, do no compromise" ?
Old 01-14-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
As far as dumbfuck redneck terrorists are concerned, the definition of "democracy" is "me and my bros can do whatever the fuck we want and we get to murder anybody who says otherwise."
Old 01-15-2020, 07:28 PM

Well, it's all fun and games until M1Abrams Tanks pop your motorcycle's headlights out.

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/ne...850926-en.html
Old 01-15-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post

It’s also legal to buy a semiautomatic weapon that can be converted to fully automatic, though there have been efforts to make that practice illegal.
I'm not so sure on this point

The NFA defines a machine gun as “any weapon . . . designed to shoot . . . automatically.” In 1982, ATF issued a ruling explaining that “designed to shoot” refers to “those weapons which have not previously functioned as machineguns but possess design features which facilitate full automatic fire by simple modification or elimination of existing component parts.”
Old 01-15-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I'm not so sure on this point

The NFA defines a machine gun as “any weapon . . . designed to shoot . . . automatically.” In 1982, ATF issued a ruling explaining that “designed to shoot” refers to “those weapons which have not previously functioned as machineguns but possess design features which facilitate full automatic fire by simple modification or elimination of existing component parts.”
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...vegas-shooting

You may have heard the “bump stock” controversy and political discussion about trying to make them illegal. They replace the normal stock on a rifle, so get around the language you quoted about a “simple modification or elimination of existing component parts”.

The way it works:

The device basically replaces the gun's shoulder rest, with a "support step" that covers the trigger opening. By holding the pistol grip with one hand and pushing forward on the barrel with the other, the shooter's finger comes in contact with the trigger. The recoil causes the gun to buck back and forth, "bumping" the trigger.

Technically, that means the finger is pulling the trigger for each round fired, keeping the weapon a legal semi-automatic.

It’s a sneaky loophole.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:

About a quarter of the democrats in the state assembly and senate cannot vote to limit gun rights without almost guaranteeing a loss in the next election. THe Democrats hold both houses by a slim margin. The chances of there being anything either meaningful or particularly inconvenient are low. I suspect they will limit you to one gun purchase a month. This is not actually very inconvenient for most people and they can tell Bloomberg that he got something for all his financial support.

The redistricting fights are going to take over pretty soon along with the ERA and the Presidential election. Virginia is trending blue but it is a long way from being California.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...vegas-shooting

You may have heard the “bump stock” controversy and political discussion about trying to make them illegal. They replace the normal stock on a rifle, so get around the language you quoted about a “simple modification or elimination of existing component parts”.

The way it works:

The device basically replaces the gun's shoulder rest, with a "support step" that covers the trigger opening. By holding the pistol grip with one hand and pushing forward on the barrel with the other, the shooter's finger comes in contact with the trigger. The recoil causes the gun to buck back and forth, "bumping" the trigger.

Technically, that means the finger is pulling the trigger for each round fired, keeping the weapon a legal semi-automatic.

It’s a sneaky loophole.
The controversy continues. From the plaintiff's brief in one of the Las Vegas shooting cases:
Quote:
The Akins Accelerator was an early iteration of the bump stock that came on the market in 2006. Id. ¶ 90. According to its patent application, the Accelerator produced continuous fire with a single depression of the trigger and the immobilization of the shooter’s trigger finger. Id. The Akins Accelerator was recalled after ATF found it was a machine gun; but Mr. Akins found an easy workaround, then renamed the device and put it back on the market. Id. ¶ 91. The company with whom Mr. Akins partnered sold it online with the following description:

Ever wonder what it would feel like to own a Machine Gun? Heck Yeah, who doesn’t. . . . The Bumpski is the civilian legal way to convert your semi-auto rifle to bump firing, lead throwing, brass spitting rifle that you have always dreamed of owning. Simply replace your existing stock with the FosTech kit that matches your rifle and away you go.

Id.

In 2010, a bump stock called Slide Fire came on the market. Id. ¶ 93. Like the Akins Accelerator, the Slide Fire bump stock replaced the AR-15’s stock and modified the weapon so that the shooter could cycle fire with a single trigger pull. Id. ¶ 94. The Slide Fire website advised customers to “[m]ake sure your finger is tightly seated on the finger rest and that it does not move while you are shooting your firearm. After years of shooting by moving your finger, it can be a hard habit to break.” Id. Slide Fire also “improved” the bump stock design, facilitating modification in minutes, with only a screwdriver. Id. ¶ 95. The device’s inventor has boasted that “Slide Fire brings shooters the same full auto experience” as a fully automatic firearm. Id. ¶¶ 96-97.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
"Above all, do no compromise" ?
Rule by horse.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:

You are completely full of shit.

Now that the shit show is over and NONE of those tiny dicked no balls having motherfuckers was arrested or had their toys taken away, we see just how full of shit their whole narrative was all along.

They went there in fake ass uniforms and with guns, to intimidate. They got laughed at for the inbred pussified incels they are.. Their 3 Nazi agent provocateurs got busted. No guns were grabbed. No evul librulz or anteefas attacked. No brown people went after them. even the cops left them pretty much alone.

It was a clear demonstration of the fact that they are/were/always will be full of shit.