Old 11-17-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Out of curiosity, I put on a pair of vinyl gloves, attached a clothespin to my nose, and went over to Twitter to check out the Real soon-to-be-ex's thread. There have been a steady stream of tweets criticizing and insulting the Democrats, but they're strangely passionless and subdued. Mostly spelled correctly, not an excessive use of exclamation points. They're sort of robotic. I wonder if he's in an induced coma and a computer is sending them?
The answer may well be "Dan Scavino":

Quote:
... Wired Magazine says text-only tweets sent between 6 p.m. and 10 a.m. are the most likely to be written by the president, due to his schedule and cable TV news viewing habits. If there's a thread of tweets, the magazine surmises Scavino is more likely to have written them. ...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...fe/1495205001/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I would agree with you except for the lid today, and another lid for tomorrow. That's not normal.
The thing is, the only people left at the White House are corrupt. Who would be surprised if they covered up Trump's complete incapacity---or even demise---for some period of time, so as to facilitate arrangements for their own personal advantage?

Another consideration: what's going to happen to the stock market when it opens tomorrow morning, if no one knows whether or not Trump is functioning (or alive)? Is it possible that this entire episode is yet another attempt to manipulate the market?
Old 11-17-2019, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

CNN said that normally when he goes to Walter Reed for a scheduled visit, there is a notice sent round to everyone there of a VIP visitor but that wasn't done in this case. I'm not normally prone to conspiracy theories, but there is something weird here.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
The answer may well be "Dan Scavino":
Yeah, Scavino resides in a closet off the Oval Office.

From a NYT article:
Quote:
Once Mr. Trump arrives in the West Wing — usually after 10 a.m. — Dan Scavino, the White House social media director, takes control of the Twitter account, tweeting as @realDonaldTrump from his own phone or computer. Mr. Trump rarely tweets in front of others, those close to him say, because he does not like to wear the reading glasses he needs to see the screen.

Instead, the president dictates tweets to Mr. Scavino, who sits in a closet-size room just off the Oval Office until Mr. Trump calls out “Scavino!” Often, he prints out suggested tweets in extra-large fonts for the president to sign off on. (A single-page article that Mr. Scavino recently printed out for him ran to six pages after the fonts were enlarged, according to one person who saw it.)
Old 11-17-2019, 09:00 PM

Here's video of Trump getting into the motorcade. He's only visible for a second or two, but looks normal. Let me rephrase that: he looks like he always does.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Goodness. WaPo quoted the press secretary Stephanie What's-Her-Name as saying he's fine, great, blahblahblah, but the reader comments beg to differ. Over two thousand of them ain't buyin' it. Very interesting.
Probably because an emergency partial annual physical is not an actual thing that happens.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:31 PM

“I’ve got some free time today; what should I do: play golf? Or move up that prostate check that I’ve got scheduled for January?”

Yeah, somethings fishy.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
Here's video of Trump getting into the motorcade. He's only visible for a second or two, but looks normal. Let me rephrase that: he looks like he always does.
Fat.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Yeah, somethings fishy.
Hmm...
Old 11-17-2019, 09:39 PM

Big Mac awareness and avoiding drinks made by Melania. “She loves me so much she makes me drinks with gold in them! Even Oatmeal!”
Old 11-17-2019, 09:43 PM

Is it possible to overdose on Diet Coke and Sudafed?
Old 11-17-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
In a perfect world, he'd have no coverage at all - due to preexisting conditions, and because he did his best to wreck healthcare coverage for other people.
Remember when Dick Cheney shot a guy in the face on a "hunting trip"? (The quotes are because it was evidently more like shooting animals at a petting zoo).

The thing that was buried near the bottom of the accounts was that the victim was treated on site by the medical aides who traveled with Cheney, and then transported by the ambulance that was standing by in case Cheney needed it.

That's what you call a gold plan.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Do you suppose one of those tests was a search to determine if he even has a heart (or brain, for that matter)?
The White House released the CAT scan of his head. It showed an abnormally large skull, with a brain the size of a walnut, and a much larger brain drawn around it with a Sharpie.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:07 PM

We need a second opinion on the president’s health
Quote:
The only thing of which we can be fairly certain about President Trump’s mysterious Saturday-afternoon trip to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center is this: The White House is not telling the truth when it claims the president was there “to begin portions of his routine annual physical exam.”

We know this because — well, because those people lie about pretty much everything.

So now the oldest president in U.S. history claims the purpose of his two-hour medical visit, which was not on his public schedule, was to conduct “phase one of my yearly physical. Everything very good (great!). Will complete next year.” Phase one? What does that entail? Has anyone else ever taken a routine physical in installments spread out over months? Has he signed up for some kind of quirky flexible spending plan with his insurance?

But medical privacy is something that should not be granted the most powerful person in the world.

As Trump embarks on his effort to convince us that he deserves another four years in office, Americans should demand something more than what they are getting, starting with a briefing from the physicians who treated him at Walter Reed.
My bold. Hehe.
Surely someone will leak the info. Where's the National Enquirer and their fat checkbook when we need them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySinclair View Post
The White House released the CAT scan of his head. It showed an abnormally large skull, with a brain the size of a walnut, and a much larger brain drawn around it with a Sharpie.

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 11-17-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:09 PM

I remember Nagasaki Day 1974, when tricky dick departed DC and slunk off to San Clemente. For months afterward, he appeared to be in shit health, even with the murmur of the surf and squawking of the maritime skyotes to calm him. Individual-ONE is currently twelve years more advanced in chronological age than dick was as the WG controversy brought him to his bony knees. Surely this Ukraine QPQ scandal cannot be good for the CFSG's general health.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:12 PM

There is one odd thing about the video - Trump is carrying something, possibly a folder. I don't recall ever seeing Trump carry anything.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
There is one odd thing about the video - Trump is carrying something, possibly a folder. I don't recall ever seeing Trump carry anything.
Something he REALLY doesn't want anyone else to see?
Old 11-17-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Well, we saw him carry an umbrella once. And toilet paper on at least 2 occasions.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:18 PM

I think he was having his stomach pumped after having accidentally eaten a vegetable.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Well, we saw him carry an umbrella once. And toilet paper on at least 2 occasions.
Then there were the paper towels. But right away he threw them into a crowd, so maybe that doesn't count.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:40 PM

And of course, he carries a torch for Vladimir Putin.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySinclair View Post
Did it look like this?
Old 11-17-2019, 11:19 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

ThelmaLou, don't look to an august publication like the National Enquirer for breaking news. It is the Publication of Record for the Trump family.

Last edited by steatopygia; 11-17-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzled View Post
Do you have a link? I'd love to show that to my Republican friends that believe everything the white house says
https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1196196826086617091
Old 11-18-2019, 01:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Someone pointed out that he’s not wearing a tie in that clip (which suggests that it’s NOT how he always looks).
Old 11-18-2019, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Wasn't the original story something about how he was visiting a wounded veteran and family at Walter Reed, and just decided, Heck, long as I'm here, might as well take some time for a partial physical. These doctors aren't doing anything important....

Latest versions have disappeared the wounded soldier bit. Poof! Gone!

What, no photos? No teary-eyed warriors calling him "Sir"? The wounded guy didn't want any pictures of a fat stupid lout looming over him? Nobody noticed, a stealth motorcade and fifty invisible Secret Service goons? No adoring doctors and nurses setting aside their minor duties to bask in his aura?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:09 AM

It looks like he's carrying a pretty large file folder of some kind,maybe like one of these. Maybe a bunch of past medical records?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mabes View Post
I have never in my life wished someone dead. I sometimes feel that I not only wish him dead, but I wish a long, slow, painful death. I want him to suffer the way he has made others suffer, stealing from working people- not paying contracters, Trump "University", his bullshit foundation, etc etc. And I don't like the way that makes me feel.

And so I do not wish that death on him. I just want the motherfucker gone, and out of my, and your, life.
As I said some months ago, I do not want him dead, I want him in jail. I want him in jail a long, long time. I want him to contemplate about how he could have remained what he was, a grifter squeezing a couple hundred grand here, maybe a million there, for the rest of his life but then he hit upon the idea of running for president as a vanity project* and it all came crashing down when people who mattered (like attorneys general) started paying attention to what he was doing.

Death is too good for him.

*Or an enhancement to the Trump brand, I can't tell which.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Anyone know if he's back at the White House?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:45 AM

John Harwood, CNBC:
Quote:
WH press secretary defending her credibility: “I've given plenty of on-the-record statements that were truthful and accurate”
Old 11-18-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Probably because an emergency partial annual physical is not an actual thing that happens.
Especially seeing as the last one was in February.
They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
John Harwood, CNBC:Quote:
WH press secretary defending her credibility: “I've given plenty of on-the-record statements that were truthful and accurate”
The best response I saw to this was from Soledad O'Brien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraphrase by Soledad
I have—on occasion—not lied to you
Link, I hope.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Is it possible to overdose on Diet Coke and Sudafed?
Twitter is reporting Stage 4 Windmill Cancer.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:28 PM

Donald Trump: “I am fortunate to have been blessed with great genes” (2015)

Trump's doctor, Harold Bornstein: “His blood pressure, 110/65, and laboratory test results were astonishingly excellent...His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary... If elected, Mr Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency” (2015)*

Steve Mnuchin: “Trump has perfect genes” (2017)

Jeanine Pirro: “He's almost superhuman” (2019)

* Bornstein later admitted that Trump dictated to him what he should write.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Well, that explains all those perfect phone calls, I guess.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says the country has a “behavioral problem” as he called on both sides of the political spectrum to defuse the anger now swirling around political debates.

Let's start with getting Trump and his family of trolls off social media!
Old 11-18-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Donald Trump: “I am fortunate to have been blessed with great genes” (2015)

Trump's doctor, Harold Bornstein: “His blood pressure, 110/65, and laboratory test results were astonishingly excellent...His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary... If elected, Mr Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency” (2015)*

Don't forget...

Dr. Ronny Jackson: "if he had a healthier diet over the last 20 years, he might live to be 200 years old"
Old 11-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
CNN said that normally when he goes to Walter Reed for a scheduled visit, there is a notice sent round to everyone there of a VIP visitor but that wasn't done in this case. I'm not normally prone to conspiracy theories, but there is something weird here.
I do hope it's nothing trivial.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Do you know who else thought he was a superman with perfect genes?
Old 11-18-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
He is meeting with people in the residence today instead of the Oval Office. I don't know if any of the grand interpretations of this event are remotely accurate, but the official explanation is fairly unlikely.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Pirro is so out there that she might as well be Alex Jones in drag.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 11-18-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:28 PM

Remind me, that's the guy who said the proudest moment of his political career was looking Obama right in the eye and saying the Senate would not vote on any judicial nominee of his (regardless of who that was) ? That guy ?
In which case, sure, let's hear his opinion on moderation, bipartisanship and de-escalation, he seems reasonable. I mean you don't earn yourself the moniker of "grave digger of democracy" by being a bad guy.

Last edited by Kobal2; 11-18-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Someone pointed out that he’s not wearing a tie in that clip (which suggests that it’s NOT how he always looks).
No tie, hustling like he never hustles, and I've seen more than one doctor suggest that what he's carrying looks like a portable IV covered by a file folder.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
As I said some months ago, I do not want him dead, I want him in jail. I want him in jail a long, long time. I want him to contemplate about how he could have remained what he was, a grifter squeezing a couple hundred grand here, maybe a million there, for the rest of his life but then he hit upon the idea of running for president as a vanity project* and it all came crashing down when people who mattered (like attorneys general) started paying attention to what he was doing.

Death is too good for him.

*Or an enhancement to the Trump brand, I can't tell which.
I've been thinking I want to get a bumper sticker made, that looks like a Trump/Pence 2020 campaign sticker, except the word "Pence" is replaced with "Prison".

Or maybe I can get a real Trump/Pence bumper sticker and just do it myself in Sharpie.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
He is meeting with people in the residence today instead of the Oval Office. I don't know if any of the grand interpretations of this event are remotely accurate, but the official explanation is fairly unlikely.
I wonder if he's in his jammies? Maybe he's going to revive that custom that past monarchs had of conducting meetings from their beds. Or sometimes while on the potty. Well, he already does that. Sort of.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:16 PM

I solved all my bumper sticker problems for the upcoming election.

Mine reads, "The Democrat 2020."

Done and dusted.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:38 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
Do you know who else thought he was a superman with perfect genes?
Charlie Sheen?
Old 11-18-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
I solved all my bumper sticker problems for the upcoming election.

Mine reads, "The Democrat 2020."

Done and dusted.
I saw a pretty good bumper sticker the other day: "Any Functioning Adult, 2020"
Old 11-18-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
Charlie Sheen?
Don't be glib. His body produces tiger blood. Does that seem perfect to you, in a human ? He's going to need some form blood filtration or replacement for the rest of his life. Shame on you for making light of a genetic medical condition.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
I saw a pretty good bumper sticker the other day: "Any Functioning Adult, 2020"
Mmmm, that's more tricky. I mean, a bumper sticker like that could include purely evil functioning adults like Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and Condi Rice. Dare we leave it to such chance?
Old 11-18-2019, 03:53 PM

Chief Justice Roberts has signed a stay that, for now, protects the Criminal-in-Chief's 1040s.