Old 03-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Charter Member

The Magicians - Season 5 - the final season

Yes, you read that right. It was not initially announced, but the current season of Magicians is the final one and while sad, the good news is that they knew it was their final season during the writing and production, so a finale was planned and filmed.

I am posting this without watching any of it. I actually prefer this show "binged", so I wait until the end and then watch the whole thing. This time, I will make sure that by April 1(finale date), I am all caught up and ready to see the final episode.

I have yet to see any, but has anyone been watching? Last year and season 3 were amazing.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
Yes, you read that right. It was not initially announced, but the current season of Magicians is the final one and while sad, the good news is that they knew it was their final season during the writing and production, so a finale was planned and filmed.

I am posting this without watching any of it. I actually prefer this show "binged", so I wait until the end and then watch the whole thing. This time, I will make sure that by April 1(finale date), I am all caught up and ready to see the final episode.

I have yet to see any, but has anyone been watching? Last year and season 3 were amazing.
Its one of those shows thats gonna leave a hole in your life, well not quite but it feels like it. I can't think of any other show right now thats in its weight class and worse, Agents of Shield is going on its final season.

This show wont change your life, but it will feel like it did
Old 03-04-2020, 03:35 AM

I was wondering how long they'd sustain it after the much-unloved Big Event of the last season finale.

Pity. I am also waiting to the end to watch this season.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:27 PM

I'm a few episodes into the new season and it definitely feels like they are recycling concepts and running out of steam. After last season's finale (which I LOVED!) I expect the final episode to be one for the history books...otherwise I'll just pretend that last season was the end.

And thank you SyFy for not cancelling this show after 2 seasons like damn near every other SyFy show I have enjoyed.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

The fifth season was pretty good, but clearly it played out like a slightly weaker epilogue now that Quentin is dead.

Did anyone see the "finale"? I put it in quotes because it was shamefully weak and rushed. For a show that claims it knew its ending was coming in time, they barely put any effort into their finale compared to what we've seen before. I could easily see people end at the end of season 4 and call it a finale. Quentin's death and "Take On Me" being sung was a better ending than we got.

The actual finale was just a regular rushed episode with no significant conclusion.

Sad. Such a great show, not much of an ending.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:20 PM

Yeah, I just finished and was kinda disappointed myself. Not that it was bad per se, it just hardly felt like an ending.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:23 AM

I liked that one episode where Elliot and Margo were stuck in the Groundhog's Day time loop. But an episode or 2 after that the quality was so low I lost all motivation to finish the season.

I'll probably go back and finish eventually.