Old 07-18-2018, 06:31 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
You know that counts as ass-salt in some jurisdictions?
Not to worry, Mom can talk her way out of it.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:47 PM

swampy, how much of a discount do seniors get at Kroger and the Pubic Sto'? And at what age does it start?

{{{OW}}}

Hi butters! :tacklehug:

sari, if Ripple's fetching mail, he's a pretty smart pupper.

metal mouse, the dogs go outside and, well, bumba's a dude, so if he gets out before daybreak and stays close to the bushes, all three at the same time is an option.

I had a lousy night's sleep. The doggy houseguest came last evening. She was OK, but Nelson was pretty antsy all night. To top it off, when I got home from irk, she had plowed through the baby gate on the bathroom door, upset two bookcases, chewed a pair of shoes (fortunately, the yard shoes that I put on to take the dog out), destroyed the bedroom window blinds, took a big hunk from the ones in teh living room and did ALL of her business on the carpet.

I emailed my friend and he's agreed to replace the blinds and clean the carpet. He is also coming over to hang out with her during the day. Copper was abandoned as a pup and still has issues. She has never really been by herself at his house because there are quite a few humans working all kinds of shifts and two other dogs there. She doesn't do lonesome well.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:30 PM

Ripple's been getting the mail since he was a pup.
We have a mail slot in the door and at first he was scared of the mail, but then he started running to get it.
Of course he thought it was a great chew toy, but I offered him some spray cheese and he figured that was a pretty fair trade.
Every now and then he'll run off with a letter, or his favorite trick is to steal the empty envelopes and bring them to me so he can get another treat.

Sorry about the mess at your house, what a chore to come home to.

One of the things I regret is that I never crate trained Ripple. He has never been alone and I figure if we ever leave him alone I won't have much of a house left. He goes crazy if I leave home without him.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

Worked, had a Booster Club meeting with the Canes, went to the Bistro for a pint. Walking Goride at 6 was much more bearable than it would have been at 3.
Making Italian Chicken with noodles with basil and thyme butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Howdy, Hope y'all haven't forgot old Butters. So busy, have not read but will eventually.

Rosie's sig and Swampy's too.
How could we forget you and Lucky Louie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Heya, Butters! How's life in Paradise??

After an initial rush, I'm just about out of work again. I think the last thing I'll do today is send out an email looking for work. I do have a little more I can do today, but my motivation is pretty close to gone.

I'm rasslin' with a decision. There's a chance that my daughter will be able to work for FCD from home, so she can take care of Roxy and I can keep working. When I originally took this job, it was my intention to re-retire in Dec 2018, since I hit the big 65 the next month. My dilemma - if I don't become full-time day care, do I keep working? Full time? Part time? On demand? Or do I just re-retire and potentially turn into a slug?

I like what I do, but I honestly don't know how much longer I want to do it. Decisions, decisions...
Quote:
Of course, there's the added issue of having housemates, and the additional expenses that entails. They should be able to kick in some day... I hope...
I'd stay part time in that case. 1. Extra cash. 2. Get you out of the house. 3. Gives you the morla high ground when you ask SiL to kick in some dough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Well, I signed on the dotted line and the first thing I was told is that I have to move out of my bedroom. Since it;s located between the Kitchen and Master bathroom there is going to be much tromping about and work being done so...spare room here I come. Also need to have checks each week or every other week, so moved money from my savings to a checking account at the Credit Union to simplify matters. Going to be an interesting couple of months...

Bought boxes and tape for the stuff that needs to be relocated from the kitchen and bathroom and think it would be wise to write and leave a note for my neighbors since there's likely to be some extra vehicles around here for awhile.
That sounds like...less than fun.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Of course he thought it was a great chew toy, but I offered him some spray cheese and he figured that was a pretty fair trade.
Every now and then he'll run off with a letter, or his favorite trick is to steal the empty envelopes and bring them to me so he can get another treat.
Penny's only trick is to pick something up off the floor and give it to me at the command, "gimme".
She has been know to tear pieces of paper in half to get two cookies, and to steal things off the coffee table to bring for a reward.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Penny's only trick is to pick something up off the floor and give it to me at the command, "gi mme".
She has been know to tear pieces of paper in half to get two cookies, and to steal things off the coffee table to bring for a reward.
I can't let Ripple read this, he doesn't need any more ideas.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:10 PM

I hold a treat in my hand, and get my cat to stand up and paw my hand for it (rather than biting.)
I guess that's the only thing approaching a trick that she knows.
My cat is also named Penny. She's very big and fat.

Last edited by EmilyG; 07-18-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:43 AM

I haven't managed to teach the axolotls or bees any tricks at all

Volunteering attempt mkII seems to have been successful, though not sure how it'll work out timewise, because the waitressing timetable is a bit random.

Going out for the day with a skool friend today, which should be nice. Tomorrow will probably not be nice- cleaning job in the morning, then KP-ing in the evening. Money is useful though.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:33 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 75 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy (OK, dark) out with a predicted high of 89 and a sixty percent chance of rain/tstorms/apocalypse for the day. We shall see. The big item on today's agenda is mowage. Rah. We shall sup upon burgers 'n fries.

Sari Ripple has done an outstandin' job of trainin' his hyoooman.

Red ick! Here's hopin' Cooper does a lot better in the future.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day!

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 07-19-2018, 04:53 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:03 AM

Up for now, breakfast cooked and consumed, cleanup after the long nap to come. It's easy to ignore whatever is on TV.

Happy Thor's Day to all.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:16 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

It's a lovely cool morning here, and rain is promised over the weekend and into next week. I hope so - we're sooooooo dry!

Today is my daughter's last day of class, so they'll be home tonight. I need to remind them that they have to check out of the hotel by 11 so I'm not paying for an extra night that they don't stay there.

I've got a little work to start the day and promises of more - we shall see.

Happy Thursday!
Old 07-19-2018, 06:31 AM

Happy Thorsday!

I slept through the night and woke to the alarm this morning.

It's nice and cool outside, we turned off the AC and opened the windows yesterday evening.

They all have me trained Swampy.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:42 AM

Morning all. 73F here with a chance for rain this evening, but dry the rest. Best chance for rain is Saturday-Sunday, just when I plan to mow the yard.

Need to call a mover to come get my bedroom furniture, I thought about moving it myself into my garage, but there is going to be a lot of stuff going on in the garage while they're working on the house, so probably better just to store it for a couple months.

I see why people do this remodeling stuff only once...
Old 07-19-2018, 07:07 AM

I'm up and alive to see another day. I'm working 10-hour days this week so I can have tomorrow off. Last night, I was the last person in the office. Today I came in early so I could be home at a reasonable hour... and I was the third person in the office. I feel like I live here. Ah, well. 3-day weekend, here I come! (In 9 hours...)

Metal Mouse, good luck with the remodel! Sounds like ... fun.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:16 AM

I vote for work one more year from Dec.

I am so mad I could spit nails. On the way in I got behind a truck pulling an open trailer without a tailgate. In that trailer was lots of loose paper aka trash. Every 20 feet some paper would blow out. Finally the truck pulled off at a store but not to remedy the situation. I pulled off too and confronted the driver. I said" Dude, do you know you are dropping trash every 20 feet?" He looked at me with his mouth hanging open. I told him there are four grown ass men in the truck and could they please clean the paper out of the trailer. He said "well you don't have to get rude". It took 8 months to finally clean up all the hurricane debris and this SOB just rides around littering. As I pulled away I made a point to act like I was calling the popo. I bet they even threw their weed away. I have officially moved into the "Get Off My Lawn" camp.

Calm deep breaths.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 07-19-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:18 AM

Butters, I'm in the Get Off My Lawn camp, and I'm only 35. Don't feel bad. These people were littering and being a hazard to everyone on the road. Not just the people immediately behind them, but everyone who drives on that road until the debris is cleaned up. Each time a car drives over/past one of those pieces of paper, it'll kick it up and blow it around to be a hazard to the people behind them. I would have called the non-emergency number, given a description of the truck, the driver, and the license plate.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Mowage has been completed. YAY! All cloudy out and TWPTB still say a sixty percent of rain/tstorms/apocalypse this afternoon. Guess nobody told 'em I mowed yet.

Butters they made you call them out. They're just lucky you didn't call their mama!
Old 07-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Butters, I used to tell people off for littering when I was a 17 year old goth; it ain't grumpy old person stuff, it's civilised person stuff.

Back from day out, got shown a nice swimmin' beach, which isn't on any of the tourist maps. I've been looking for places like that, 'cos from next week, when the skools are out, this area's gonna turn into tourist central and anywhere nice and well known is going to be jam packed. Shame I hadn't bought any swimming gear.

I really should go check on the bees this afternoon, but it's hot and I'll have to get in an even hotter outfit to do it. Dontwanna. I could put it off til Sunday, but it's not going to get any cooler.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:37 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Baby Engineer leaves for a week anna half in Hawaii tomorrow. He's been bitching that for the 10-hour flight, they won't be served a meal, which is pretty bad, IMHO. Then again, a 10-hour flight is pretty bad in and of itself.

Anyway, I'll have the office to myself for a while - woohoo!
Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 PM

Mooom, I'm a bit surprised, for flights that long you usually get at least one meal. What airline is he flying--El Cheapo? In China, any flight I took over 90 minutes got a hot meal...and it was good.

The mover said he could do the job Friday, so I need to be spending time cleaning out my bedroom and moving stuff out instead of being on the internet. Also arranged for a storage shed and bought a lock and gave the contractor the down-payment, so I have been active this morning.

Need to get some caffeine in me and get to work packing while watching the British Open.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:25 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

MetalMouse, he's flying United. According to their website, they'll get snacks and can buy sammiches, but they're not fed. So much for the friendly skies, huh?
Old 07-19-2018, 12:34 PM

Eesh. I used to know a couple of cabin crew who told me about a flight they all hated because it was about 30 minutes long so they had to basically run down the aisle throwing sammiches at people because rules said at least one meal/snack per flight... 10 hours no food is crazy. Does he get a seat, or is he just sitting in the lap of the person behind?
Old 07-19-2018, 01:26 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

He claims to have a seat, and he was all excited that there are screens on the backs of all seats. He's so cute!

The only thing I can imagine worse than a 10-hour flight is a 10-hour flight next to a noisy or stinky person, or a crying baby, or an armrest hog... can't wait for the stories when he gets back.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
He claims to have a seat, and he was all excited that there are screens on the backs of all seats. He's so cute!

The only thing I can imagine worse than a 10-hour flight is a 10-hour flight next to a noisy or stinky person, or a crying baby, or an armrest hog... can't wait for the stories when he gets back.
It would be exceedingly cruel to mess with his office space when he was to fly back in that situation.
What are you going to do to his stuff?
Old 07-19-2018, 01:52 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I've got too much work to screw around with his desk. Tho if I could find a statue of a hula girl with a clock in her belly...
Old 07-19-2018, 01:53 PM

I need a caffeine pick me up... but the coffee is gone in our coffee station and we're not supposed to make more after 1. Time to go on a hunt for any other departments who might have some coffee...

Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm hunting fow coffee.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:20 PM

Ripple is crazy.

We got a order delivered that has treats in it for him.
He got part of a Beef and Cheese Snawsome, a piece of Grain Free Turkey, Pea, and Berry Jerky, and a Rachel Rays Beef Soup Bone.

So what does he want?

To play/make a mess with the styrofoam packing.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 07-19-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:50 PM

Found coffee up in engineering. And they had the good stuff... my favorite flavor (of the stuff my company buys). I might have to become more friendly with the engineers if they have the vanilla hazelnut up by them...
Old 07-19-2018, 03:01 PM

Dogs is Dogs, Sari; they are all crazy in some way.

Bedroom is clear of stuff except for TV and clock, and I'll get those in the morning. Also need to do laundry tonight since I'm having them take the washer/dryer out too (laundromat here I come).

Damn, FCM, flying 10 hours should include a meal (looks like he's flying IAD-HNL). All I can figure is that it is considered a domestic flight so no special service to the peons is required. Tell him to carry on whatever he can, it would have to be cheaper than the United options. Or tell him to vacation in London or Paris; the flights are shorter and a Meal is included.

Butters: You go, girl!!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:

Or behind someone who wants to recline their seat all the way back.
I once said to a woman in front of me who had done so that if she reclined any further into my lap she would have to marry me.

She was not amused.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
Or behind someone who wants to recline their seat all the way back.
I once said to a woman in front of me who had done so that if she reclined any further into my lap she would have to marry me.

She was not amused.
But did she unrecline?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

I have read that United has the narrowest seats, so if you don't have anorexia, you WILL be in your seatmates space...

Maybe after the 10 hour flight, you have starved enough to get back OUT of the seat, if you haven't succumbed to DVT's!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:35 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

A narrow seat could be a challenge - Baby Engineer works out and while he's not massively muscular, he is rather broad across the back and chest. Plus he's tall, so I expect leg room will be an issue. He is on the aisle, tho, so that should help some.

Home, trying to decide what supper will be. FCD is thinking he wants Chinese food, so we'll probably be heading to Leonardtown after we feed Higgs. Works for me!
Old 07-19-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
But did she unrecline?
The flight attendant who witnessed our exchange was kind enough to move me to a different seat.

Especially after the woman in question objected to me resting my book on her head.
Unlike Mom, I am not unfailingly nice, dammit.

I think that airline seats should be constructed so that the seat cannot recline if the tray table on it's back is deployed.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Charter Member

Worked, went on a beer run. Ate some carrots. Drinking a Trophy Husband.

Quote:
MetalMouse, he's flying United. According to their website, they'll get snacks and can buy sammiches, but they're not fed. So much for the friendly skies, huh?
At least they're not charging for O2.

Quote:

Well, there was the time my parents and I flew to CA, I got the two hyperactive unaccompanied kids, and my parents got the humorless 82nd Airborne Sergeant.

MetalMouse, not all dogs are dogs. Gordie thinks he's a cow.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

We supped upon burgers, fries, and watermelon. Stuffded are us!
Old 07-19-2018, 06:25 PM

Good on you butters! Doing creek cleanup twice a year on a section where Briley Parkway passes over, I can attest that the amount of crap that comes out of vehicles is amazing.

nut, you can go swimmin' in shorts and a sports bra. Just sayin'.

Copper's human was here for a few hours today and she was in much better shape when I got home. She and Nelson are beginning to get curious about each other. She still looks at both of us like we're crazy shen we play fetch though.

Last edited by missred; 07-19-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:15 PM

I don't like flying. And I've never been brave enough to try airplane food. I get nauseous enough on planes already.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
At least they're not charging for O2.
A fellow could make a lot of money doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
MetalMouse, not all dogs are dogs. Gordie thinks he's a cow.

Penny is a cat horribly trapped in a dog's body.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:

Penny is a cat horribly trapped in a dog's body.
So, she's a transcat?
Old 07-19-2018, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
So, she's a transcat?
I wouldn't be that rude.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:51 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 75 Amurrkin out and cloudy (well, dark) with a predicted high of 88 and mostly cloudy for the day. TWPTB say only a twenty percent chance of rain/tstorms/apocalypse, but who knows. The big item on today's agenda is to finish up the kitchen cabinets and then attack the laundry room cabinets which will be a huge chore. That should keep me productive and off the streets for the day.

My parents had a cat that acted like a dawg. They got her as a kitten and she grew up with the two dawgs and pretty much did everything they did. She would run to greet dad just like the dawgs did. She also loved goin' down to the woods with dad and the dawgs. They had another cat who would not allow strange cats and dawgs to wander in the yard. Groucho was a stray cat who wondered up one day, decided he liked it there and made himself to home. He was nicknamed "butthead" because he loved to butt haids with any hyooman who was so inclined to do so with him.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy is hongry. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Firday Y'all!
Old 07-20-2018, 05:30 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Double shift today.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:30 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The thread title as appropriate for me today. Last night was one of those nights - it was nearly midnight before I fell asleep and I woke at least twice before 5. Gonna be a long day.

But daughter et al got home safely just before 9. I got a little bit of a Roxy fix before going to bed. We'll see what I'll get done today. C'mon 3:30!!!

Happy Firday!
Old 07-20-2018, 05:57 AM

Happy Firday!

It's a cool 64 out now but supposed to get up into the 80s today.

It's another grumpy morning. I managed to sleep though the night but 6 hours isn't enough. Ripple is being obnoxious already. Usually he sleeps in but this morning he is up and wanting to play. I have to irk and Sah-son wants to sleep.

I still haven't ordered groceries and we need to go get them today. I think I'd rather order a pizza and get them tomorrow. However, it's supposed to rain for the next 5 days so we should go today. It's no fun carrying in groceries in the rain. It also means we should mow the front postage stamp today.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:27 AM

Movers coming this AM to take my bedroom furniture to storage. Think I have everything cleaned out, but there's always something left...

So that leaves the kitchen and bathroom to empty out this weekend. Who had the bright idea to remodel the house?!?!?!

swampy, not a cat acting like a dog, but my niece got an English Mastiff that got raised alongside three Basset Hounds. Watching Archie try to bay like a basset never gets old...
Old 07-20-2018, 11:25 AM

Was it something I said?

Movers have been here, did a great job, and now I've got to get the spare room bed cleaned off and set for sleeping. The house is looking rather crowded right now...not at hoarding levels yet, but just 'be careful where you walk' stage; and it'll be that way for the next couple of months. Oh joy.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I guess the MMP has a case of the lazies? I'm trying, sorta, to work, but my heart's not in it. Tahred...
Old 07-20-2018, 11:57 AM

Gibbs had a bit of a 'digestive upset' last night and consequently woke me up 3 times to take him outside, and apparently was unsuccessful in waking me one other time, as evidenced by the rug in the laundry room. Poor little guy. He seems to be fine this morning however, and managed to scarf his breakfast down with alacrity.
I'm feeling not so well rested, however.

Good thing there's nothing much on the schedule for today.

I could have another go at the upstairs.
Or the garage.
Or sweep and mop the bathroom and kitchen.
Or ignore it all.

I wonder what I'll do.