Old 01-06-2011, 03:48 PM

More GemCraft News!

Game In A Bottle's blog says the new GemCraft should be released by the end of January.

The GemCraft series is probably my favorite out of all the tower defense games and since GemCraft is free and Flash based, I will be losing quite a few hours of work time to it.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sweet! I haven't actually finished Gemcraft: Chapter Zero yet, but this'll be my incentive!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:52 PM

I just finished Gemcraft 0 a few days ago
SPOILER:
lay many traps and fill them with orange gems - the extra mana helps build up your defenses before the waves overpower your towers.
Of course I've immediately started playing again from scratch and I'm almost a third through in less than a week (so much better than finishing in 18 months, two computers and three motherboards).

I was looking at this a few days ago, and thought I read that it included a payment to unlock the full range of options. Has anyone else heard the same?

Looking forward to it.

Last edited by maggenpye; 01-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggenpye View Post
I just finished Gemcraft 0 a few days ago
SPOILER:
lay many traps and fill them with orange gems - the extra mana helps build up your defenses before the waves overpower your towers.
Of course I've immediately started playing again from scratch and I'm almost a third through in less than a week (so much better than finishing in 18 months, two computers and three motherboards).

I was looking at this a few days ago, and thought I read that it included a payment to unlock the full range of options. Has anyone else heard the same?

Looking forward to it.
I vaguely remember reading something about them canceling the payment options. Very vaguely.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0psn4j View Post
I vaguely remember reading something about them canceling the payment options. Very vaguely.
It's up and it's great. I'm loving the new options setup and gameplay.

There is a pay option for those who wish but I'm not remotely tempted, yet.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 PM

I've been playing this quite a bit at work lately. I decided I was ready to try an endurance run. A few hundred waves into it, I hit the back button on my mouse by accident.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Oh no!

You have my heartfelt sympathy - I've done something similar, but not that far in. You must have the premium edition for the endurance waves.

I'm giving it a rest at the moment, having completed the maze (except for the paid squares) and realised that I can't come close to getting all the amulets without paying.

Great game though.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:02 PM

So I was about 2/3rd of the way through the game, beat the third epic level, and was a high enough level that it was all pretty easy going. So I took a break for a couple days.

And now my save is gone. Presumably I accidentally deleted it using CCleaner.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM

Ouch.

It got a bit tougher after the third epic (the Shadow, top left?) - like it was a bit harder between the 2nd & 3rd. At one stage I was doing all the initial battles with all the levels maxed out, then I could only manage the left hand increases (through to all armored) then in the last section I had to go back to basic levels again.

I found the final battle to be a bit of a letdown, the 3rd epic was more awesome.