Old 09-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

US Women's soccer

Just thought I'd mention that Portland Thorns FC trounced Seattle Reign FC last night 3-1 to take second in the division and home court advantage for next week's semi-final against the same team, who is in 3rd. Portland took it all last year and will hopefully repeat. Despite the score, it was a hard-fought match.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:50 PM

I'm cheering for Portland as well, but NC Courage has been a destroyer of worlds all season (most GF, fewest GA, 1 loss all season, etc.). However, (1) the final would be in Portland, and (2) McCall Zerboni will be out for NC (who people smarter than I rate a lot more highly than I do). At any rate, fingers crossed!
Old 09-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
I'm cheering for Portland as well, but NC Courage has been a destroyer of worlds all season (most GF, fewest GA, 1 loss all season, etc.). However, (1) the final would be in Portland, and (2) McCall Zerboni will be out for NC (who people smarter than I rate a lot more highly than I do). At any rate, fingers crossed!
The Portland fan base is massive and rowdy. They sell out all 21,000 seats for every game and have a lunatic fringe cheering section complete with drums and horns. It's quite the spectacle.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:43 PM

I'm rooting for AD Franch and still don't understand why she isn't getting more call ups to the USWNT.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Portland comes back to win the semi-final 2-1 after a terrible offside call against them! The final is next week, and we're too late to get tickets.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:45 PM

due to the storm the #1 seed NC courage cannot host their home playoff game and are forced to play Tues in Portland vs. Chicago

Last edited by Bijou Drains; 09-16-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
due to the storm the #1 seed NC courage cannot host their home playoff game and are forced to play Tues in Portland vs. Chicago
Hadn't heard that. Good news: we scored tickets for Saturday!
Old 09-19-2018, 10:30 AM

Anyone wanna come down and coach the Pride? We have world-class players (arguably the two best in the world) and we can't seem to win shit.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The good news for the North Carolina Courage is that they are undefeated on the road (their 1 loss was at home) .
Old 09-22-2018, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, they certainly destroyed Portland today, 3-0. Outran them, out played them, and put up a really tough defense. Don't know what Franch was thinking, coming so far out of the box. It cost them two goals.