Old 09-07-2019, 12:49 PM

It wasn't in that link but there is news that he was shot.

Quote:
In a statement to TIME, the FBI says the individual surrendered Thursday afternoon and confirmed he had been shot. He is receiving medical treatment at a hospital near Nashville. The FBI has not arrested him or charged him with a crime.
https://time.com/5669993/ice-agent-s...uck-nashville/
Old 09-07-2019, 12:52 PM

My apologies to Mr. Kitchen and my thanks to you, mikecurtis, for the update.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-07-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:13 PM

https://www.fox13news.com/amp/news/f...sing-stun-gun?

Only 20 years for this???
Old 09-09-2019, 10:40 AM

COPA Report Concludes CPD Officer Patrick Kelly Shot Friend Michael LaPorta, Lied About It For Nearly 10 Years

Too weird.

Kelly says that 10 years ago, his friend, whom had been out drinking with, came back to Kelly's home and then shot himself in the head with Kelly's gun.

Chicago cops don't really buy it, but since the friend, LaPorta, had several brain surgeries and could not speak and could not contradict Kelly. (I guess he could not communicate at all)

But now he can speak, says he was not suicidal and did NOT shoot himself. Says Kelly was acting out in a fit, had punched his dog and was brandishing his gun. He doesn't remember being shot, but had told Kelly he was leaving.

Quote:
In 2014, while on duty, Kelly is accused of wrongfully shooting Hector Hernandez to death. A year earlier in 2013, he was accused of wrongfully using a Taser on Elaina Turner, who was pregnant.

-God
Old 09-10-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
From the linked article:
Quote:
Earlier this year, two retired Chattanooga officers were accused of helping suppress allegations against Logan.

The women say they notified police, but an official probe wasn't launched until the county sheriff was notified.
And they wonder why there is a credibility problem.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
"Desmond Logan is not what the men and women of the Chattanooga Police Department represent," Police Chief David Roddy told the Free Press.
But the men and women of the Chattanooga Police Department protected him as best they could......

-God
Old 09-13-2019, 11:10 AM

In the last 15ish years Chicago has paid over 750 million dollars in settlements and fees and things, and an additional over 200 million in private attorneys fees in regards to police misconduct. I'm no math wiz, but I'm pretty sure that's close to a billion dollars, baby.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...560224581.html

Last edited by bobot; 09-13-2019 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Coop
Old 09-13-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
In the last 15ish years Chicago has paid over 750 million dollars in settlements and fees and things, and an additional over 200 million in private attorneys fees in regards to police misconduct. I'm no math wiz, but I'm pretty sure that's close to a billion dollars, baby.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...560224581.html
Well then, I'd think the "few bad apples" would be gone now!
Old 09-16-2019, 10:34 PM

***WARNING! The video linked in this post is very intense and IMO disturbing!***

This asshole resigned from the Glendale (AZ) PD before he could be fired.

The body cam video shows Glendale Officer Joshua Carroll confronting an unarmed mentally disabled man who was sitting in his car. The man doesn't understand why the officer is talking to him or detaining him, becomes upset and isn't following the officers instructions well. So naturally, Officer Carroll decides that he must be taken down and taken down hard. He's repeatedly tased, taken down to the pavement and partially lodged under his own car and then repeatedly assaulted and incapacitated, all while the officer demands he do something he in physically unable to do, which elicits more beating and tasing. The man is left bleeding from his head while the officer continues to assault him while screaming conflicting commands at him.

For the fucking life of me, I cannot understand why this man hasn't been charged with assault, arrested and put behind bars, where he won't be a danger to the general public.

Remember this name: Joshua Carroll. He didn't get fired, so he could end up working in your town.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:22 AM

The guy seems a real winner
Quote:
During the pursuit, police said Carroll advised an officer trainee to violate department policy by increasing his speed to over 100 mph and not stopping for red lights. In the same incident, Carroll fired a rifle round at a suspect, which police said put civilians and other officers at risk. Following the incident, Carroll told a police commander that the investigation would have never happened if the incident took place ten years earlier and no cameras were inside police vehicles.

The commander criticized Carroll for not accepting responsibility and providing excuses for his conduct. In addition to the reprimand, Carroll was removed from the field training program, according to police officials.
from here https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/www....ontroversy.amp

These were among other violations the officer had received warnings for.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:28 AM

Sheriff helped plot his own deputy's killing over 'racially offensive' tape, prosecutors say

Yep. Sheriff plots to kill his deputy to keep him quiet.
Quote:
Attorney Lorrin Freeman, who brought the charges, told the News & Observer that Wilkins is still the sheriff.

“Technically,” the prosecutor said, “he can continue to serve if he chooses to until convicted.”
Yep. Law AND Order!

-God
Old 09-18-2019, 01:17 AM

Columbus, Ohio:
Quote:
The video shows three people coming out of the home where officers responded. At one point, it appears an officer hits one of the people from the home on the face. Petitt yelled out to the officers.

"You ain't supposed to smack him like that," Petitt is heard saying on the video.

The officers and Petitt keep yelling back and forth. They can be heard on the video asking Petitt to go inside his home, but he says no. Petitt expressed it was his right to continue taking the video from his property. Eventually, the officers approach Petitt and there is a struggle.

"They were trying to take Mr. Petitt into custody. Mr. Petitt began to struggle - refused to put his hands behind his back. One officer is heard telling him to drop the phone - or give me the phone - Mr. Petitt wouldn't separate from the phone to be handcuffed," Ohl said.

Petitt said he was roughed up during that struggle.

"Knocked the phone out of my hand. Slammed me against the wall. The two officers who had me slammed me to the ground," he said.

Petitt was arrested. He had a warrant out on other charges. Police ended up charging him with misconduct at an emergency in relation to the incident. Police took his phone as evidence. He didn't get it back until months later. At that point, he posted the video on social media.
1:44 video here.

ETA: I just checked up on the charge: Ohio Revised Code 2917.13. Without knowing precedents with regard to this law, it's hard to believe he's guilty as charged. The cops should be investigated; they cannot control their tempers or their actions, it seems.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-18-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:06 PM

Undercover St. Louis Cop gets beaten by cops

Quote:
Detective Luther Hall’s lawsuit filed this week in U.S. District Court alleges that his colleagues slammed him down twice and then beat him with batons and fists days after former officer Jason Stockley was found not guilty of killing a black man, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

The lawsuit claims Hall was working undercover in a crowd of people who were protesting the acquittal of the white officer. The protesters damaged windows and flowerpots before – without any audible warning or justification -- responding officers started using pepper spray and bean bag rounds to get them to disperse, the suit added.
Quote:
The alleged beatdown is said to have left Hall with several herniated discs and a jaw injury that has inhibited his ability to eat – and he has not returned to the job since.
Cover up? Sure.
Quote:
But police -- in an apparent cover-up attempt -- never made any documentation of the arrest, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported, citing the lawsuit.

-God
Old 09-18-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typo Negative View Post
So they have messed this undercover cop up for life with his injuries. All four of these beasts need to be locked away for at least a decade not the 30 months that one of them will potentially get from the article.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:54 AM

So much for the thin blue line.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:58 AM

All cops are bastards.

The so-called "good cops" still have to deal with the bad cops, and those who speak up... Well, what do you think happens to them?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...north-carolina

Quote:
The sheriff of a North Carolina county allegedly tried to arrange the killing of a deputy who planned to release a recording of him using "racially offensive language," according to court records.

Granville County Sheriff Brindell Wilkins was charged Monday with felony obstruction of justice for the alleged 2014 plot.

After learning one of his deputies, Joshua Freeman, possessed the offensive tape, Wilkins reportedly told an unnamed individual on a phone call "the only way you gonna stop him is kill him."
Given that something like 40% of cops beat their wives, what do you reckon the odds are that any given "good cop" doesn't have at least some psychopath in their department who they're either tolerating or actively covering for?
Old 09-19-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget Player Cadet View Post
All cops are bastards.

The so-called "good cops" still have to deal with the bad cops, and those who speak up... Well, what do you think happens to them?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...north-carolina

Given that something like 40% of cops beat their wives, what do you reckon the odds are that any given "good cop" doesn't have at least some psychopath in their department who they're either tolerating or actively covering for?
I’d like to see a cite for the 40% bit there.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
I’d like to see a cite for the 40% bit there.
The Center For Women And Policing mentions the 40% figure and cites two papers in support of the number. Other studies come up with 24%. Every study finds police domestic violence well above the national average.

Quote:
Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence, (1, 2) in contrast to 10% of families in the general population.(3) A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24% (4), indicating that domestic violence is 2-4 times more common among police families than American families in general. A police department that has domestic violence offenders among its ranks will not effectively serve and protect victims in the community.5, 6, 7, 8 Moreover, when officers know of domestic violence committed by their colleagues and seek to protect them by covering it up, they expose the department to civil liability.7
Old 09-19-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
The Center For Women And Policing mentions the 40% figure and cites two papers in support of the number. Other studies come up with 24%. Every study finds police domestic violence well above the national average.
This is a good article that discusses the two different percents, as well as why it is hard to get accurate numbers, as well as the protection of blue lives when they beat blue wives:

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does
Old 09-19-2019, 03:18 PM

Prosecutor: Officer-involved shooting that killed 18 year old was justified

Quote:
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to the West family for their loss," Hanson's office said in a statement to WISN 12 News.
Go fuck yourself.

Quote:
Giese was wearing a body camera at the time of the shooting but he did not activate it.
Well, that's not at all suspicious, is it?

Quote:
"There is no question that a body camera recording would have been helpful to an analysis of this case and given a more definitive picture of the events that occurred on June 15, 2019, however, the lack of body camera recording does not automatically indicate an inappropriate use of force," the report stated.

His squad car dash camera system's memory card was full and it did not record the chase or shooting, the district attorney's report concluded.
Wow, TWO chances to record the truth and missed them both. Whodathunk it?

-God
Old 09-19-2019, 07:04 PM

Philadelphia cops hassle black kids waiting at a bus stop - 3 minute video.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-19-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:19 PM

Guilty of being black. And not respecting his Authoritah!

-God
Old 09-20-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
That's some grade A bullshit there. And that fucking dildo dressed in blue bragging about how the teen was shaking in the back of his cop car. Fuck them!
Old 09-20-2019, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Fucking bully. Big man making a child shake, and proud of it. I’m sure the internal investigation will come up wit the appropriate whitewash, but hope for a different outcome springs eternal. I’m impressed with the other kids calling the cops out and refusing to go on the bus without the detained kid.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Charter Member

Interesting article.
Quote:
Well, that's not at all suspicious, is it?
Not particularly, no. The officer had his Tazer in one hand and his radio in the other and was chasing a suspect.
Quote:
Wow, TWO chances to record the truth and missed them both. Whodathunk it?
Fortunately at least some of the truth came out - that the 18 year old had fled the scene after the stolen car he was in was pulled over, and that he was a felon in possession of a gun.
Quote:
Go fuck yourself
My thoughts entirely.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 09-20-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Interesting article.Not particularly, no. The officer had his Tazer in one hand and his radio in the other and was chasing a suspect.Fortunately at least some of the truth came out - that the 18 year old had fled the scene after the stolen car he was in was pulled over, and that he was a felon in possession of a gun.
My thoughts entirely.

Regards,
Shodan
The cop's version of 'the truth' came out, which is whatever he says it is, since he did not have his body cam on like was supposed to.

Quote:
The officer had his Tazer in one hand and his radio in the other and was chasing a suspect.
Chasing a suspect for riding his bike without a light. I guess it would have been too much to turn the cam on as he got out of the vehicle. Turning it on must be a difficult process.

And he found the time to put his hand on a gun and shoot the kid twice in the head and once in the chest. At least he gets high marks for being a good shot. But then it hard to miss when you are straddling the target.

Quote:
Giese said he was straddling West and could not kick West's gun away from him.

According to the report, Giese said he feared losing his balance and allowing West "to overpower him and get to the gun on the ground first."

Giese said he warned West not to reach for the gun or he would shoot him.
He was straddling the kid. He was straddling him. How the fuck does that even happen?

We'll never really know, since his body cam was off and cruiser cam 'was full'.
Quote:
Hanson has not spoken publicly about the findings of the investigation
The 'investigation' consists of asking the cop what happened and writing it down as gospel fact. Because the other witness is dead, and he did not have his body cam turned on.

Although Mount Pleasant Police Sgt. Eric Giese's body camera was not activated when he shot Ty' Rese West after a foot pursuit June 15, other officers who responded to the scene did have theirs turned on.
Other officers how up with their body cams already turned on.

-God
Old 09-20-2019, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The 'investigation' consists of asking the cop what happened and writing it down as gospel fact.
No, I don't think that's true, unless you have a cite.

I would expect the other people in the stolen car that the suspect fled from were interviewed, and they did find his gun at the scene, and that he was a felon is a matter of public record. The officer's Tazer had been deployed.

The notion that the only alternative to video footage is to take the officer's word for it is pretty idiotic. No doubt it's the best you can do.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 09-20-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think that's true, unless you have a cite.

I would expect the other people in the stolen car that the suspect fled from were interviewed, and they did find his gun at the scene, and that he was a felon is a matter of public record. The officer's Tazer had been deployed.

The notion that the only alternative to video footage is to take the officer's word for it is pretty idiotic. No doubt it's the best you can do.

Regards,
Shodan
Stolen car? Tazer?

Am I missing something? Because neither of the stories about the shooting of Ty'rese West mention a stolen car or a Tazer. At least, not the stories that have been posted in the last few posts here. Both stories say that he was riding a bicycle.

Last edited by mhendo; 09-20-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:11 AM

Trial to start for Georgia cop who shot naked, unarmed man:
Quote:
A police officer responding to a call of a naked man behaving erratically at an Atlanta-area apartment complex arrived on the scene, exited his vehicle and shot the man almost immediately.

Now a jury must decide if he’s guilty of murder.
Quote:
During a May 2018 pretrial hearing on a request by Olsen’s attorneys to dismiss the charges because Olsen had acted appropriately, the apartment complex maintenance supervisor said he saw Hill outside the leasing office in shorts and a T-shirt saying strange things, like, “The devil is coming,” and asking for help. He got Hill to go to his apartment, but Hill reemerged without clothes. Leasing office staff called 911.

Olsen was responding to that call, told by dispatch there was a naked man who was “possibly demented.” Hill was squatting in a roadway when Olsen arrived but jumped up and ran toward the patrol car, Olsen testified.

Olsen drew his gun as he exited his car and yelled, “Stop! Stop!” Hill didn’t stop, and Olsen shot him “maybe a second” after giving the order, he testified.
But wait! There's more!
Quote:
The second officer to arrive testified that Olsen said Hill ran at him and “started pounding on him.” Olsen testified that he didn’t remember that conversation.

A successful self-defense claim requires evidence that it was reasonable for Olsen to believe Hill was about to kill or gravely injure him or another person. But there was no evidence that Olsen believed Hill was going to kill him, a judge ruled, declining to dismiss the charges. The judge also cited concerns about the former officer’s credibility and conflicting testimony.
Quote:
The fact that Hill was naked and unarmed is a major challenge for the defense, which will also have to explain why Olsen didn’t use less-than-lethal force, like a stun gun or pepper spray, he said.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post
Stolen car? Tazer?

Am I missing something? Because neither of the stories about the shooting of Ty'rese West mention a stolen car or a Tazer. At least, not the stories that have been posted in the last few posts here. Both stories say that he was riding a bicycle.
Why respond to the crazy? We people start making up facts then there is no reasoning with them.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Stolen car? Tazer?

It's Shodan, what do you expect?
Old 09-22-2019, 02:44 PM

The cop who killed Botham Jean goes on trial tomorrow.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-22-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Stolen car? Tazer?

That's because you didn't read the actual report, instead you are relying on news articles.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Stolen car? Tazer?

I don't know if it counts as missing anything, but I did some superficial Google-ing and found stories that covered things a bit more completely. But that's kind of the point.

The narrative as presented of "racist cop shoots kid for driving his bike without a headlight, fascist department takes his word for it and closes the investigation based entirely on that" is not plausible to a neutral or even semi-neutral observer. So a quick search finds facts that are left out. The idea of this thread is to generate maximum recreational outrage, against cops. Anything that would mitigate against that - not gonna get mentioned.

What seems to have happened is, the kid was riding to a party with his friends in a stolen car. The cops pull that car over, and everybody in it takes off running. West himself finds a bike. Maybe it was his bike - I don't know, but it is unlikely that he just happened to be stopped by the police conveniently close to his own house, or wherever he had stashed his bike. Maybe that's how it happened, but not likely. So West takes off, the officer in question (who did not know about the stolen car incident) sees West pedaling away without a headlight, calls on him to stop, West doesn't, the officer takes off chasing him, tries to Tazer him but it is too far away to reach him with the Tazer, then West falls off the bike and pulls a gun, but then drops it. A struggle ensues, as the saying goes, the officer is straddling West trying to step on his hand so West can't get to the gun he (West) dropped, and is afraid he can't stop him from getting to the gun. He warns West (we have only the officer's word for it that he warned West), and then, when West continues to try to get to the gun, shoots him. Then the facts of the stolen car and that West was a felon in possession of a firearm came out later, in the course of the investigation that people claim didn't happen.

I get that the purpose of this thread is just to generate outrage that Amerikkka is a fascist nation and every black person lives in fear of being randomly shot while innocently riding their bike. And posters are going to ignore or leave out everything that doesn't work to further that outrage. That's fine, but it's also stupid. A narrative that relies on anecdotes and selective perception even of those anecdotes is a stupid narrative.

You can certainly go ahead and scream racism to your little hearts' content. And I will go ahead and laugh at you to my little heart's content, where I feel it appropriate. It's the Pit, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka Gravis
We believe that pointless ritual and mindless superstition are all that that separate us from the animals.
This thread is pointless ritual, the notion that every shooting of every criminal is racist is mindless superstition. Have fun separating yourself from the animals.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 09-23-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
So West takes off, the officer in question (who did not know about the stolen car incident) sees West pedaling away without a headlight, calls on him to stop, West doesn't, the officer takes off chasing him, tries to Tazer him but it is too far away to reach him with the Tazer, then West falls off the bike and pulls a gun, but then drops it.
How many cops will instigate a foot chase after a Taser failure for someone riding a bike without a headlight?
Old 09-23-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I don't know if it counts as missing anything, but I did some superficial Google-ing and found stories that covered things a bit more completely. But that's kind of the point.
Well why the fuck didn't you provide some links to those stories, rather than introduce new information with no backup evidence whatsoever, you lazy piece of shit?

There were precisely two stories linked about this incident, and neither of them mentioned a stolen car or a Tazer. If you're going to introduce new information, which I'm always happy to consider in a case like this, it's incumbent on you to give us a sense of where it comes from. This is particularly important for an asshole like you, because I simply don't trust you to offer an honest account of these incidents.

Which brings me to...
Quote:
What seems to have happened is, the kid was riding to a party with his friends in a stolen car. The cops pull that car over, and everybody in it takes off running. West himself finds a bike. Maybe it was his bike - I don't know, but it is unlikely that he just happened to be stopped by the police conveniently close to his own house, or wherever he had stashed his bike. Maybe that's how it happened, but not likely. So West takes off, the officer in question (who did not know about the stolen car incident) sees West pedaling away without a headlight, calls on him to stop, West doesn't, the officer takes off chasing him, tries to Tazer him but it is too far away to reach him with the Tazer, then West falls off the bike and pulls a gun, but then drops it. A struggle ensues, as the saying goes, the officer is straddling West trying to step on his hand so West can't get to the gun he (West) dropped, and is afraid he can't stop him from getting to the gun. He warns West (we have only the officer's word for it that he warned West), and then, when West continues to try to get to the gun, shoots him. Then the facts of the stolen car and that West was a felon in possession of a firearm came out later, in the course of the investigation that people claim didn't happen.
Emphasis mine.

Once again, you seem happy to uncritically accept the word of a police officer who has killed a guy, and who has failed to activate the one piece of technology that might have provided a clear (or, at least clearer) record of the event. It's interesting to note that, according to this story, the officer's own department does not actually require activation of body cameras during pursuits, so at least he didn't violate department policy. Good for him, I guess. I wonder what possible motive the department might have for such a policy? Can you think of one?

And the cop's account, which can be found in full in the DA's report (PDF), is just that: the account of an officer who has killed someone with no witnesses, who has every reason to provide an account that reduces or eliminates his own culpability, and who hasn't activated his body camera. I concede that much of the account might be accurate, but I'm also not willing to concede that it is the complete truth. The fact that you take it as the unvarnished reality, with no possibility for correction, says much about your moral compass.
Quote:
A narrative that relies on anecdotes and selective perception even of those anecdotes is a stupid narrative.
Ther fact that you can (presumably) type this with a straight face, while uncritically accepting the account of every officer who kills a suspect with no witnesses and no camera footage, again says a lot about your moral compass.
Quote:
You can certainly go ahead and scream racism to your little hearts' content. And I will go ahead and laugh at you to my little heart's content, where I feel it appropriate. It's the Pit, after all.

This thread is pointless ritual, the notion that every shooting of every criminal is racist is mindless superstition. Have fun separating yourself from the animals.
Go fuck yourself with a cactus, you lying, racist cunt. I started this thread with the aim of having a rational discussion about each and every case, and not jumping to conclusions. I've already conceded in this thread, a number of times, that police have acted appropriately, or that I would have difficulty charging an officer with a crime. For one of the very first cases we discussed, the Eric Garner case, I noted that, if I had been on the grand jury, I might have had difficulty approving an indictment of the cop in question.

But you are the mirror image of everything you falsely claim about this thread. You'll forgive anything, as long as it's someone you don't care about (preferably a person of color) lying dead on the street, and as long as the cops are not held accountable for their actions under any circumstances.

Last edited by mhendo; 09-23-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The narrative as presented of "racist cop shoots kid for driving his bike without a headlight, fascist department takes his word for it and closes the investigation based entirely on that" is not plausible to a neutral or even semi-neutral observer.
Let's see if any of this is actually true.
Quote:
So West takes off, the officer in question (who did not know about the stolen car incident) sees West pedaling away without a headlight, calls on him to stop,
So, we can confirm that the cop stopped West for riding a bike without a headlight, thanks for that.
Quote:
West doesn't, the officer takes off chasing him, tries to Tazer him but it is too far away to reach him with the Tazer,
You now confirm that the cop initiated a chase, and attempted to use force against West in order to stop him from getting away from... what... a conversation about bicycle safety?
Quote:
then West falls off the bike and pulls a gun, but then drops it. A struggle ensues, as the saying goes, the officer is straddling West trying to step on his hand so West can't get to the gun he (West) dropped, and is afraid he can't stop him from getting to the gun. He warns West (we have only the officer's word for it that he warned West), and then, when West continues to try to get to the gun, shoots him.
We do in fact have only the officer's word on the rest of it because the only other person there is now conveniently dead, and the officer conveniently failed to activate his camera.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
That's because you didn't read the actual report, instead you are relying on news articles.
Are you relying on the police report? Would you mind linking to it? Possible quoting the relevant sections?

Hey, if the article I am relying on is wrong on the facts, well that certainly changes things.

Shodan has said this:
Quote:
What seems to have happened is, the kid was riding to a party with his friends in a stolen car. The cops pull that car over, and everybody in it takes off running. West himself finds a bike.
He suggests also that West id not have the bicycle originally and may have stolen it in the moment.

The article says this:
Quote:
West was initially stopped after police said he was riding his bike at 1:30 a.m. without lights.

Under Wisconsin law, it is illegal to ride a bicycle at night without a white front headlight.
Completely different, right? One of the accounts is wrong. In the article, there is no mention of a taser, there is no stolen car, there no other suspects. And there is no other cop.

If you have something else that backs up this other version, post it, and I will retract. I will say this: "I relied on bad information, and I retract my statements."

If you cannot post a cite to this alternate version, will you agree that Shodan has posted something that only happened in his mind? He has abandoned facts and backs up his position with a stereotypical racist fantasy.

This article has the officer in question radioing in about a man on a bicycle.
Quote:
"We have a bicyclist on the curb of Highway 32, coming up to Highway 24, 24th Street," Giese said in dispatch audio released by DA Hanson
(my emphasis)

So, the Officer's own words contradict Shodan's version. He does not mention a stolen car, or a car of any kind. He doesn't mention any 'friends' or other suspects.

So I ask you and I ask Shodan, if you have any basis for this alternate version, please link to it.

-God
Old 09-23-2019, 09:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well why the fuck didn't you provide some links to those stories, rather than introduce new information with no backup evidence whatsoever, you lazy piece of shit?
Because you know as well as I do that it will make no difference whatever. Anyone who is dumb enough to fall for the "racist cop shoots kid for riding his bike" isn't going to be willing/capable of comprehending even the fact that the narrative as presented is stupid.

Like I said, you aren't going to let the facts get in the way of your outrage. That doesn't mean they aren't facts - it just means you would rather have your grievance. Have fun with it.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 09-23-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Like I said, you aren't going to let the facts get in the way of your outrage. That doesn't mean they aren't facts -
Regards,
Shodan
Please post a link to said facts.

-God
Old 09-23-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Because you know as well as I do that it will make no difference whatever. Anyone who is dumb enough to fall for the "racist cop shoots kid for riding his bike" isn't going to be willing/capable of comprehending even the fact that the narrative as presented is stupid.

Like I said, you aren't going to let the facts get in the way of your outrage. That doesn't mean they aren't facts - it just means you would rather have your grievance. Have fun with it.
Nice rationalization for your dishonesty, shitbird. I notice you're not even denying that you'll take the cop's word, no matter what, in situations like this. I guess it doesn't even worry you when they have a body camera and leave it off during a contact.

Last edited by mhendo; 09-23-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:24 AM

Why even have a camera? What a joke.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Please post a link to said facts.
I used this - the report from the DA about why she isn't pressing charges.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I used this - the report from the DA about why she isn't pressing charges.
Sorry, trying to access from work and that site is blocked. Could you copy and paste the relevant sections?

-God
Old 09-23-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Sorry, trying to access from work and that site is blocked. Could you copy and paste the relevant sections?
It's a 23 page document. What do you want to see?

Quote:
At approximately 8:00 pm, Mr. West and several other young people were in a car that had been reported as stolen from Racine when Kenosha Police located and tried to stop the car
West was one of the people who ran and wasn't caught. There is a picture of him on a security camera running.

Later, the cop pulls up on a person on a bike with no light on. He tries to get the person to stop, but the bicyclist rides away. Eventually he gets off the bike.

Quote:
Sergeant Giese aimed the Taser at Mr. West and deployed it, but the prongs did not make contact with Mr. West.
What more do you want? The newspaper article doesn't mention any of this. The DA report is pretty substantial.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:12 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Later, the cop pulls up on a person on a bike with no light on. He tries to get the person to stop, but the bicyclist rides away. Eventually he gets off the bike.
At the time this particular cop was chasing this bicycle rider, did he know that this person was part of the earlier group that is accused of stealing a car?

Last edited by Czarcasm; 09-23-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
At the time this particular cop was chasing this bicycle rider, did he know that this person was part of the earlier group that is accused of stealing a car?
No. Read the report.
Quote:
He could not see who the operator of the bike was when he first saw it, but could tell that the bike was operating without lights, as required after darkness. Additionally, Sergeant Giese was aware that since school had ended for the summer, Mt. Pleasant was experiencing problems with vehicle break-ins and quality of life issues.
:shrugs:

Which is why cites don't help. You won't read anything for fear of the emotional cost of doublethink.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 09-23-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
No.

Here's the relevant section from the DA's report, which I linked in my post earlier today:
Quote:
He could not see who the operator of the bike was when he first saw it, but could tell that the bike was operating without lights, as required after darkness. Additionally, Sergeant Giese was aware that since school had ended for the summer, Mt. Pleasant was experiencing problems with vehicle break-ins and quality of life issues.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
No. Read the report.
:shrugs:

Which is why cites don't help. You won't read anything for fear of the emotional cost of doublethink.

Regards,
Shodan
So the reason for the chase and the attempted tazing was because the lights weren't working.

Last edited by Czarcasm; 09-23-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
So the reason for the chase and the attempted tazing was because the lights weren't working.
Quote:
Additionally, Sergeant Giese was aware that since school had ended for the summer, Mt. Pleasant was experiencing problems with vehicle break-ins and quality of life issues.
There is no functional difference between someone who can't read, and who won't read.

Regards,
Shodan