Old 01-22-2020, 02:00 AM

Happy Impeachment Day!

We've come so far. The end of the road seems likely to end just short of success, but I'm happy to celebrate our accomplishments thus far. This is a good day.

Raise a glass, my friends: whatever else happens, they cannot take this away. Happy Impeachment Day!
Old 01-22-2020, 02:11 AM

Think I'll make a peach cobbler.
()
Old 01-22-2020, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Already?

Sheesh, I haven’t even gotten my Christmas tree down yet. Well, I never put any ornaments on it this past season; I guess I could pretend it’s an impeachment tree.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:11 PM

I'm not in a good mood. The whole fucking thing is a farce, a travesty, a whitewash, a coverup. Moscow Mitch, Pablo (Ted) Cruz, Leningrad Lindsey "furrowed brow" Collins, and all the rest of the traitors are going to acquit and exonerate the fat orange bastard come hell or high water.

All right along party (traitor) lines.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
I'm not in a good mood. The whole fucking thing is a farce, a travesty, a whitewash, a coverup. Moscow Mitch, Pablo (Ted) Cruz, Leningrad Lindsey "furrowed brow" Collins, and all the rest of the traitors are going to acquit and exonerate the fat orange bastard come hell or high water.

Yup. I've been avoiding all news of this because at the end, it's going to suck a ton.
And Little Donny Fail-Fail, thinking himself completely vindicated, will be unleashed to be a FAR bigger shitbag than ever before.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye, Watering View Post
Yup. I've been avoiding all news of this because at the end, it's going to suck a ton.
And Little Donny Fail-Fail, thinking himself completely vindicated, will be unleashed to be a FAR bigger shitbag than ever before.
Exactly.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:56 PM

So do Trump supporters start rioting, blocking highways, and looting businesses now or would that be cultural appropriation from the democrats?
Old 01-23-2020, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projammer View Post
So do Trump supporters start rioting, blocking highways, and looting businesses now or would that be cultural appropriation from the democrats?

Would swamping a state capitol bearing arms meet your criteria?
Old 01-23-2020, 11:43 AM

Since by all accounts it was peaceful and the protestors even picked up all their litter when they departed I'm gonna have to conclude that it doesn't. Nice grasping at straws though.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Since by all accounts it was peaceful and the protestors even picked up all their litter when they departed I'm gonna have to conclude that it doesn't. Nice grasping at straws though.
So what the the point of all those ridiculous small dick incels trying to "cosplay" GI Joe, lugging all those guns? Surely there were no enemy forces or insurrectionists to fight. Surely there were no fascist gun grabbers out in force.

Simple. These moronic looking pussies were there to intimidate.

It didn't work.

Their Nazi buddies who had been plotting to start trouble had already been busted by the FBI, and the scary liberals and Antifas didn't take the bait.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51142752

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cists-n1117271

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/16/u...gun-rally.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/16/fbi-...gun-rally.html
Fuck them. And their bullshit "commie librulz is comin ta take our gunz" crap.

They want to dress like soldiers and carry big guns and wave the flag? Join the military like so many of US did.

But when the message really being conveyed is "might makes right" and "do it our way we got gunz and we'll overthrow the country start a civil war/insurrection and kill liberals" there ya go.

They were hoping for another Charlottesville (or worse) and didn't get it.

Instead, by having NO reaction from their many bogeymen, we ALL see just how full of shit these GI Joe pansy incels really are.

Last edited by SteveG1; 01-23-2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
So, Woodstock with guns? Groovy.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:39 PM

"To get back to the warning that I received. You may take it with however many grains of salt that you wish. That the brown Coors that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, ok?"
Old 01-23-2020, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Think I'll make a peach cobbler.
()
Joanne Fluke's Peach Cobbler Murder takes place around Valentine's Day. Coincidence?
Old 01-23-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:

To address another part of your question: obviously Trump supporters could organize protests to show their support for the president. They haven't. I don't know if that means that they just can't be bothered or if it seems like too much work. I guess a trial to remove the president is just not as important as gun control.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
You jest, but I'm old enough to remember the Clinton Impeachment Riots of '99. Think I still have Henry Hyde's head on a pike in my basement somewhere.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
To address another part of your question: obviously Trump supporters could organize protests to show their support for the president. They haven't. I don't know if that means that they just can't be bothered or if it seems like too much work. I guess a trial to remove the president is just not as important as gun control.
Now that you mention it, that is kinda odd. If he's gonna be in town, they show up and wait outside, shit like that. Dunno, maybe they are indoctrinated to believe that it doesn't matter, nothing to see here. Can see their point.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Would swamping a state capitol bearing arms meet your criteria?
Pretty sure Trump supporters rioting, blocking highways, and looting businesses wouldn't meet his criteria. He'd just call it a picnic.

Now a Democrat calling somebody a name and hurting their feelings; that's a riot.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post

I agree. Trump has as much chance of being found guilty as Byron De La Beckwith or Lawrence Rainey did. There will be nothing to celebrate over with this trial.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
I agree. Trump has as much chance of being found guilty as Byron De La Beckwith or Lawrence Rainey did. There will be nothing to celebrate over with this trial.
America's Finest News Source already has this covered:

Quote:
I wish to remind you this trial is a hollow exercise of decorum with no possibility of achieving productive results of any kind. Were just going through the motions here, we all know how it is going to end, so lets at least try to keep it brief.

https://politics.theonion.com/justic...cip-1841162643
Old 01-23-2020, 04:03 PM

The impeachment hearings on TV are the best part of a day home, sick with flu.