Old 01-22-2020, 05:52 PM

Think Texas Gov. Abbott can't go lower? Look out for the backhoe!

Abbott joins Facebook troll in ignoring citizen in need just to bash Austin.

But hey, he got to go to Davos. So proud to have him represent me.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:11 PM

It isn't like he doesn't live in downtown Austin, you know. And he's in a wheelchair.

So I imagine that he might just have a personal interest in wasted people lying in wheelchair ramps in downtown Austin.

That said, ADA compliance isn't where it's at- that's probably more of a law enforcement issue and a general homeless policy issue. Austin does seem to be overrun with more than its fair share of homeless people, and seems to be doing a rather uninspired job of balancing the interests of the homeless with the rights of property owners and the maintenance of civil order and a pleasant place to live.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bump View Post
It isn't like he doesn't live in downtown Austin, you know. And he's in a wheelchair.

So I imagine that he might just have a personal interest in wasted people lying in wheelchair ramps in downtown Austin.

That said, ADA compliance isn't where it's at- that's probably more of a law enforcement issue and a general homeless policy issue. Austin does seem to be overrun with more than its fair share of homeless people, and seems to be doing a rather uninspired job of balancing the interests of the homeless with the rights of property owners and the maintenance of civil order and a pleasant place to live.
The man was clearly unconscious. The douche who filmed and posted the video didn't care. Abbott couldn't muster the decency to suggest that next time, maybe use that phone to call 911? As a disabled person, you'd think he'd want someone to do the same for him in an emergency.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don't mind me View Post
But hey, he got to go to Davos. So proud to have him represent me.
At least he doesn't believe in sacrificing little girls to the Lord of Light, so there is that.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The man was clearly unconscious. The douche who filmed and posted the video didn't care. Abbott couldn't muster the decency to suggest that next time, maybe use that phone to call 911? As a disabled person, you'd think he'd want someone to do the same for him in an emergency.
And may it please the Universe to arrange that opportunity at its earliest convenience...

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 01-26-2020 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
And may it please the Universe to arrange that opportunity at its earliest convenience...
After some consideration, I have decided I would, in fact, piss on him if he were on fire.

Or even if it's a warm day.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:52 AM
Charter Member

What about environmental concerns? Issues of public propriety? Is he fully ablaze, or merely scorching the hairs of his scrotum? Mustn't be too hasty. Perhaps some preparation, a toke and a beer. Or two.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Recently there's been a fair amount of acrimony within the city about their homeless policies- they had decriminalized non-aggressive panhandling, camping in parks and laying around wherever in public- including in business doorways, etc... AFAIK, they walked most of that back after public outcry, but I don't doubt this was either filmed beforehand, or some guy who didn't get the memo.

But it's downtown Austin- the chances of it being either a super-drunk homeless guy or a super-drunk dumbass recently come from 6th Street is very high, and neither engender a lot of sympathy for laying there in wheelchair ramps, especially the latter type.