Old 01-23-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
The big item on today's agenda is to head over to the church house to take care of some church janitor Junior Warden duties. We have our annual meetin' on February 2nd to elect three new members to the Vestry and then the Vestry meets to vote on who will serve as Senior and Junior Wardens. I know this much. I shall not be Junior Warden as of that meetin'. A year of this has been quite enough thankyouverymuch.
What does Senior Warden do?

Quote:
Bumba glad you're on the mend.
Thank you Swampy

Quote:
{{{Gotti}}} hope you're feelin' better and in less pain today.
Ditto

Quote:
And now this....

<AHEM> CLEARIN' THROAT <AHEM>

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR MMMOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!
Joins in on the chorus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Home from the horsepistol since Tuesday evening. Hubs is doing real good. Not well but way way better. I mistook the next to last stair for the bottom stare and fell on my arse and twisted both ankles on the morning I picked him up. This was at home at 0500 in the dark. I have an appt in about an hour to get ankles checked. I can walk painfully. This was just about the last thing I needed.
{{{{Butters}}}}

*Moves upwind ofDoggio*

Actually, I am forbidden to do anything that might cause me to sweat, so you're pretty safe.

Been taking acetaminophen. It takes the edge off just enough that I can cough without assuming the fetal position. Doc cut 4 holes through my abdominal muscles to get at that little miscreant, and they hurt. Pain woke me before 6 this morning and i took ibuprofen instead. A good muscle relaxant, but doesn't work so well on pain for me. Soon as it wears off I'll take some more acetaminophen. I'm not supposed to leave the house today either, but of course I will.

Speaking of which, I need to go get dressed.

Happy Thorsday Y'all.

Last edited by Bumbazine; 01-23-2020 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:25 PM

Oh, Intercourse the penguin! Terry Jones is pining for the fjords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
I can't decide between pulling a poke roast out of the freezer for supper or making FCD take me out. Decisions, decisions...
I'd go with door #3...& happy B-day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Well, this Canadian Dave mainly guzzles Icehouse and tells people about his buddy Gordie Howe.*

*he was invited to one Red Wings practice back in the day.
One Red Wings practice? Once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
Bosses the Jr Warden around.

Last edited by Spiderman; 01-23-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Just missed it.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:22 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
I think you should go out to dinner.
Doesn't Red Robin give you free stuff on your birthday?
Alas, I already got my freebie from Red Robin - it's actually any time during your birth month, and I blew it on a cheaper burger because I forgot. Dammit.

I've got a poke loin thawing - I'll rotiss it and throw together some sides.

Roxy and I had a morning out - wandering thru the Marine Museum, then to Cracker Barrel for lunch. She decided her grilled chicken tenders needed to be dipped in my bleu cheese dressing - luckily, they gave me 2 cups of it, and I rarely use one whole cup on my salad. Of course, the kid also wanted my salad.

She's napping now. I'm about to assume the knit position.

And thanks, all, for the b-day wishes!
Old 01-23-2020, 02:32 PM

Well my left foot has a broken bone in it. It is not misaligned so I am in a boot. Doc tried to sell me crutches but I declined. My house is small so I shan’t be on it too much. This year sucks so far. Hubs is way better though.

Happy birthday Mooommmmm. boofae Hugs to you.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:56 PM

Happy B'dayFCM!
Hope you get a cupcake!!

I feel good today. Mr.Wrekker is on lakehouse wavelength. When he gets this way about things it's no use trying to talk to him about anything else. He's dedicated, I'll say that.
But, we have to have the family meeting with Surgeon and his team tomorrow. Me, Son-of-a-wrek,DIL, Mr.Wrekker and the lil'wrekker will all go over tomorrow afternoon. I'm not looking forward to it. The lil'wrekker is already upset about the surgery anyway. I tried to talk her into staying at school. She insists on coming. I guess knowledge is power. It may help in the end.
Middle Daughter has found that her boys springbreak is the week of my surgery. She's coming. I'm happy she'll be in the house with my pets while I'm in hospital. That relieves a big worry.
Have a good day y'all.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:56 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:

You guys may have Canadian Dave, but we've got Amish Dave - he's the guy who does our mower maintenance. It is rather perplexing - they won't use electricity or cars, but they're OK with small engines,
The odd generator and hit-and-miss engines around the farm. That and just a natural ability to figure things out.

Oh -- and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2020, 03:58 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post

Shakes his cane at the kids and tells them to keep their damn football out of the churchyard?
Old 01-23-2020, 04:15 PM

Painters are finishing up the second coat, I will shortly have a house of many colors (bathrooms green, master bedroom blue, kitchen yellow, living/dining area brown, and spare bedroom/3rd BR-Office are red). Rained all day so the fence wasn't done, tomorrow is now the plan (weather permitting). Same with the termite folks, tomorrow morning. And that should complete an interesting week. Moanday they start on the floors, hopefully finish by Wednesday and I can get a furniture delivery on Thursday/Friday. Then all I need to do is put everything back (that should occupy most of February).

Butters, glad the foot it isn't any worse, just take it easy on yourself now.

Becks, hope the meeting goes well and all questions are answered.

Spidey, I encountered Monty Python in the mid-70's while I was in college, so it shouldn't be too surprising that they are getting up there in ages. Terry Jones did the narration for a BBC series on the Crusades that I still remember fondly. He will be missed.

Bumba, don't try to do too much; pain is the way your body has to tell you not to be a damn fool.

Everybody take care now.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:51 PM

Happy Birfday Mooooom!
Old 01-23-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Well my left foot has a broken bone in it. It is not misaligned so I am in a boot.
You need to get yourself an Evenup to balance out as the boot has more underfoot than a regular shoe. For whatever reason they cheaper on Amazon, though.

Sadly, Ruble, even ten of them won't help you become more balanced.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:02 PM

I'm an idiot under the best of circumstances. With a blood sugar crash (I hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours due to crummy tummy but had gotten plenty of exercise), I was an idiot x googolplex. My apologies, especially to dear swampy.

Wishing Moooom a very, very happy birthday and Bumba a swift recovery. Butters, sorry about the broken foot. What a pain--literally. And the other ankle is sprained?
Old 01-23-2020, 06:58 PM

Nellie I hope your crummy tummy has eased up.
Butters ouchy sympathy noises.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

Gordie pulled out a bunch of VCR tapes, and won't let me put them back. I guess it's a Ren and Stimpy marathon tonight.

Sorry aout the foot, Butters.

Glad you have some family to help out while you have surgery, Beck.

And a Seńior Warden sells fireworks at South of The Border.

spidey, say no more.

Feel better, nellie.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:08 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Supper was OK, but the poke was a tad dry. However, yesterday's leftovers got et along with the sides from today, and all I had to put in the fridge were 2 slices of poke. SIL rinsed the dishes and I just loaded the dishwasher. Time to veg!

FCD ordered a pellet stove for his shop and it'll be delivered some time next week. It's powerful enough that it should heat the shop in no time! Between that and the insulation, meatlockerland should be in its final days. YAY!

Time to assume the chill position. I wanted FCD to take me to DQ for a B-day sundae, but he's not feeling well, poor dear. So we shall veg.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:22 PM

Happy birthday Moooooooom!

swampy, I, too, am curious as to what the senior warden does.

{{{butters}}} May you and MrButters be on (both) feet soon.

sari, have you considered enclosing only half the back porch so's not to block the kitchen window?

If I'm not mistaken, the age that I can retire on full pay is 67.5 years old. So, another 10 years and change. Should we get universal health coverage before then, I'll go out early. The only thing keeping me from that now is spending roughly $12K a year for medical insurance.

Irked, came home, cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, walked Nelson and fixed breakfast for supper. It's been a bit warmer but rainy today.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:29 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post

Sadly, Ruble, even ten of them won't help you become more balanced.
But I do keep one in the car at all times; just in case.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:59 PM

My crummy tummy is fine now. This happens periodically. After a great many tests that revealed nothing, docs shrugged and said, "lupus," which means "I dunno" in medicalese. They suggested yet more tests, but I said nix. The last test I had involved eating Frosted Flakes with radioactive stuff added to the milk. The tech left the room while I ate it and warned me that if I spilled a drop, the test would be canceled and guys in Hazmat suits would have to do the clean-up. After that I decided getting a diagnosis might kill me, so I quit.

Mooom, I'm disappointed you didn't get DQ for your birthday.

Beck, I'm glad Li'l Wrekker will be there for the meeting with the surgeon. A calm explanation of what to expect (Surgeons are generally not the hysterical type.) will be much better for her than getting reassuring speeches from the rest of the family. I doubt she'd be able to concentrate on classes anyway.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I managed church janitor Junior Warden duties, went to Sam's whilst out and also 'tis in the general direction or the church house, went to BK for N.O.L., than back to da cave for chill time. OYKW made sup and did quite well with the poke roast, sweet N.O.T., green beans, and rolls. He did not leave da cave all day and said he really enjoyed just bein' home. I understand that all too well. I likes that myself.

For all who are interested, in a nutshell, here are the duties of Senior and Junior Warden. I shall be happy to not be either one. I am happy just to serve out the next two years on The Vestry.

{{{Nellie}}} glad you're feelin' better. Radioactive Frosted Flakes? Yikes!

{{{Butters}}} hope the foot is better soonest. No more mishaps for you or hubs. I have spoken. So Mote It Be.

Bumba glad you're healin' from the gallbladderectomy.

MetalMouse sounds like all in all it has not been too bad. Hope everything gets done in time. Or in reasonable time.

Beck yay for havin' family to help get you through the surgery!
Old 01-23-2020, 08:50 PM

Evening all. Got the furniture lined up for delivery next Friday (the 31st) and also bought new light switch and outlet fixtures that the paint guys will put in tomorrow. Still have rain, but supposed to stop before dawn.

nellie, y'all take care now.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:38 PM

I already have a backache. I wonder could the boot have caused that in so short a time? I will check out even up. Thanks for that info.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:49 PM

Butters could the mis-step have wrenched or pulled a muscle in your back?
I hate stepping off a step like that. Painful.
Usually I'm the falling up-the-stairs type.

Nellie you're right about the lil'wrekker needing to hear the whole truth to my surgery. She'll only miss one class. I'm not at all worried about that. Sometimes Ma just wants to shield Baby from bad things. In the end it will be okay. I hope.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:49 PM

I know, what cell carrier I have is comparatively trivial, but at least it takes my mind off other worries. I currently have Virgin Mobile, but they're closing up, so are switching customers over to sister company Boost (side note: I utterly loathe the "where you at?" slogan they used to use). I absolutely do not want to deal with a contract, so was checking out the major no-contract carriers I know of: Boost, Cricket, or Metro (StraightTalk is not even in the running, since they're a descendant of TracFone, which was so utterly awful I'll never do business with them under any name again if I can avoid it). The customer posts on all three of their Facebook pages make them sound like willfully incompetent thieves. I do suspect a certain amount of bias in that it's the angrier customers that are more likely to contact the company in question.

A reasonably objective way to compare to figure out if going along with the transfer to Boost or whether I should jump ship to Cricket or Metro would be lovely.

In other news, I'm not feeling wonderful, possibly due to major sleep shortage lately, and DH is back to using a cane .

Why will that bratty cat not help out by taking out the garbage? I think the fact that it's bigger than she is and that she can't open the door are just excuses.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:13 AM

Beck yes I have a sprained ankle on right foot a broken bone in the left foot also left knee is swollen and bruised. Nothing showed on X-ray about the knee. My only other injury is a very bruised forearm/ wrist. It is scraped and did bleed a drop or two but is now a purple mess. Sore to touch and ugly to look at but nothing there that won’t heal on its own. The main problem is I am supposed to stay off my bad foot but I have a husband that is a man baby and wants to be waited on hand and foot - hey!

What caused this fall was me 1-being in a hurry to get to the hospital.-2 The flashlight I picked up didn’t work and I didn’t take the time to get a working one and. -3 there are no permanent stair lights and my husband is an electrician and there is no excuse except he never has time. My neighbor who works at Home Depot is bringing me some solar rope lights and will help me install them tomorrow. As soon as hubs is well enough he will install some proper hard wired lighting before he does another thing. He feels bad about it enough that I told him it was me just being in a hurry and I knew better.

Now beck I may have missed it but why are you having your kidney removed and what are the IV infusions? Antibiotics? PM me if you don’t want to discuss. I wish you the best and will include you in my prayers.

Rosie’s sig to all. Nettie hugs for you and your DH.

Spidey Ordered me an even up to receive hopefully on Sat. Thank you.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 01-24-2020 at 12:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:55 AM

Butters, that sounds awful. How the heck can you get anywhere if one foot is broken and the other sprained? I wish someone would invent hovercrutches. You'll heal faster and better if you rest. I found this out the hard way, but I'm sure others have better stories than mine. Can you call in the troops for help?

I did not leave my apartment all day. I looked out at the rain and thought I'd wait until it eased off. This is western Washington. It should ease off in March.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:45 AM

nelliebly, I grew up on the Oregon coast. Mid-to-late March sounds about right.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:48 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin ' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 67 and rain for the day. No big plan(s) for the day for either of us. I envision neatenin' up dresser drawers and the drawers in the chest as they have gotten unruly again. Probably some stuff in 'em we can get rid of as well. Considerin' doin' a break of the fast for sup. Kinda in the mood for that.

Butters here's hopin' the even up does the trick.

Nellie I thought it always rains in Washington. Then again, what do I know.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Firday Y'all!
Old 01-24-2020, 07:39 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Mooom, I'm disappointed you didn't get DQ for your birthday.
Me, too, but my poor sweetie really was miserable last night. He even said he needs to stay away from Roxy, lest he share his plague with her. I'd rather he get healthy, especially since we're taking a mini-getaway in 2 weeks.

Red - unless the law changes (who knows??) you'll be eligible for Medicare at 65. The supplements will cost you, but none of them are as high as $1K/month as far as I know. So that might gain you a coupla years on retirement.

Definitely have laundry plans for today. I meant to haul the baskets down yesterday and do a load, but my adventures with Roxy distracted from that. I've got the baskets out of the closets and I'll take them down and sort them shortly. I also need to make a couple of phone calls about my 401k rollover. I should dust... yeah, dust...

OK, as Queen of the MMP (am too, dammit) I declare that all you walking wounded get better with all due haste! No more owies, no more doctors, no more bad news. Don't make me break out The Look! Seriously, be careful out there!!

Happy Firday, all!!
Old 01-24-2020, 09:24 AM

I'm assuming I'll be eligible for retirement about 2 years after I'm dead, at the rate it seems to be rising here...

Until then, TGIF is the best I can do, at least I get weekends off at the moment.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:33 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Nut, all you need to do is find a Sugar Daddy, or whatever the equivalent term is in your area for a wealthy man who will take care of you... OK, in exchange for, um, stuff. But nothing is free, right?

I'm showered and dressed, and the second load is in the washer. I need to run to Aldi. I may wait till Roxy gets up from her nap. I want to go now, but she'll be crabby in less than an hour and I don't want to deal with that. Yes, my life is such a trial...

Old 01-24-2020, 09:52 AM
born to be shunned

Hugs and healing thoughts to all iffin ya'll want them or not.

Just some general relaxing and puttering today. My head is clearing at last but am at the semi-dizzy stage of congestion and cold pills. Today would NOT be a good day for Diggerland and operating heavy equipment. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it but --------
Old 01-24-2020, 10:00 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Nut, all you need to do is find a Sugar Daddy, or whatever the equivalent term is in your area for a wealthy man who will take care of you... OK, in exchange for, um, stuff. But nothing is free, right?

Post pictures!
Old 01-24-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Post pictures!
I've been known to dabble in the Sugar Daddy world so I'll post a pic.

*Spoilered because NSFTOAD

SPOILER:
Sugar Daddy pic - two dressed, one unwrapped

SPOILER:
* Not Suitable For Those On A Diet.

What the 'ell did you think I was going to post?
Old 01-24-2020, 10:58 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Spidey, you're one, um, interesting individual...

Just put the RoxStar down for a nap. Waiting for the clothes in the dryer to be dry so I can put them away. Other than that, kinda quiet here.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:29 AM

Happy Firday!

It's a not so bad cloudy 37 degrees outside, was 30 when I left for the park.

We were there for over 2.5 hours this morning and neither of the brats wanted to leave.

My son had his final test yesterday, and turned in the last assignment, so classes are over until Moonday.

In the 'you can't have it both ways' department.
My son stays up all night and sleeps all day. It's a real pita for me when I need him to do something. However, it sure is nice when I don't have to come downstairs at 3am to let the dogs out, as I did this morning. By the time I walk downstairs, open the door to the cold blast of air, and walk back upstairs, I'm wide awake.

{{{Butters}}}
Old 01-24-2020, 11:42 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Horrors!!! I looked up the series Virgin River in IMDB and discovered it's based on some Harlequin Romance books. That certainly explains the feel of the shows and the seemingly illogical twists in the plot. But I feel so dirty!!!

I think I'll go watch a documentary or something to cleanse my soul...
Old 01-24-2020, 12:07 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
I think I'll go watch a documentary or something to cleanse my soul...
Something on the history of porn?
Old 01-24-2020, 12:10 PM

I tried to search for Virgin River on NetFlix to no avail. Morning everyone. Another day. We went and had blood drawn for hubby. Last check at the horsepistol showed his liver function almost normal. His attitude sucks. I am almost ready to kill him. If he stays this puny he will have to get someone else to take care of him.

I have a job that needs my attention soon. They have been great and my girls are first rate. I talked them through some A/P over the phone this week and they were able to create the cash disbursements. Our local accounting tech is taking care of other stuff for me. She is also a part time bookkeeper for hubs a/c company so she has been helpful on both fronts.

We still need those good vibes coming our way. And hugs to everyone who needs one.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 01-24-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:39 PM

Oh I forgot to mention my neighbors across the street-she is a retired RN and has been most helpful to the consternation of old grouch. Her husband is /was a chef and they are bringing us dinner tonight of BBQd chicken, yellow rice and black beans. I am thrilled. Yesterday I cooked three meals on my gimpy foot. Hubby doesnt want anyone helping us. I say a whole hearted screw that noise. Im gonna text her and ask her to grab our mail too. I live in a stilt house and its a lot of stairs plus its been raining so Im not going down unless the house is on fire. Not to jinx us or anything. 2020 is not off to a good start for us.

Happy Firday to all that celebrate.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 01-24-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Something on the history of porn?
How about one on the making of a caramel candy bar on a stick, manufactured by Tootsie Roll Industries?

Lunchtime!
Old 01-24-2020, 01:44 PM

{{Butters}}, sounds like my mother who used to say about my dad "Divorce, never; murder, possibly." Hang in there, sounds like you have some great neighbors.

Nut, I could probably be a Sugar Daddy, but I'm 3,500 miles from your school and bees, so I don't think it'll work out...

Moooommm, hope FCD is feeling better.

The back fence has been replaced and the inside painters will finish within an hour. On the other hand, the Pest control guy was by and identified some additional damage, so I called a guy he recommended and they're coming out on Moanday, but there goes several hundred more dollars. Glad I only do this once every 20 years...

All y'all take care, especially Butters!!
Old 01-24-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Bumba, don't try to do too much; pain is the way your body has to tell you not to be a damn fool.
Too late for that!

{{{{{Butters}}}}} Ouch! Get better STAT!

And as for Hubby, you need one of these shirts to wear around.

Re: Virgin River We actually know a couple of people who write those kinda books. One of them is quite successful at it.

Beck I'm sure everything is gonna work out fine for Poncho and Lefty. I forget which one is the villain in this piece, but I'm old. Anyway, don't worry so much. A positive attitude helps when somebody is carving up your body.

Speaking of which, I had a lot of pain last night and finally was able to locate the cold pack and apply it. I never should have left the house yesterday. I'm staying in today and will finish binging season 8 of Game of Thrones, which looks to be as annoying as everybody is saying it is. Oh well, just 3 more hours to go.

Happy Fryday y'all!
Old 01-24-2020, 03:29 PM

Happy Friday, everyone!

Swampy, I live in western Washington but not on the coast. There are rain forests on the Olympic Peninsula (the chunk of the state between Seattle and the Pacific ocean), and some locations get well over 100 inches of rain per year. So does Nettie's hometown, sounds like. My area gets half that. It rains most days between October and March and is cloudy a lot. I love it.

BTW, my DIL is Episcopalian and is a (the?) senior warden at her church. It sounds like a real headache to me. Junior warden, not so much. Does that sound right?

Moooom, hope FCD is feeling better. We don't want little Roxstar under the weather--or you, either. You haven't been SMOOCHING FCD, have you?

Butters, how're the feet, etc. today?

I'm going to head to the gym. Celebrating a Lupus? What Lupus? day!
Old 01-24-2020, 03:41 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

nellie - when he's sick, he just gets smooches on the forehead.

Roxy had a 3+ hour nap and we're now waiting for her Mama to come in from the office, and we're watching Baby Shark videos for the gazillionth time.

If FCD is up to it, I'm going to make him take me out for supper. Just because.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:11 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Been a lazyish day here. It has rained for most of the day but appears to have stopped at least for now. In a little while I shall make a break of the fast for sup. That will be the most activity I have had all day.

Nellie if a church is without a Priest then Senior Warden can be kind of a headache because he/she has to work with the Bishop to get supply Priests and eventually an Interim Priest until a new one is found. He/She typically heads up that search as well. The (there is only one per Parish) Senior Warden also gets to hear a lot of complaints and sits, at least ex-officio, on the finance committee. Junior Warden heads up all the buildin' and grounds maintenance stuff and may perform some of the actual tasks in a smaller Parish. St. Pat's is a medium sizish church that sits on ten acres of grounds. That's a lot of mowage! Fortunately we have a team (we call ourselves The Ministry of The Back Forty) that handles this. As Junior Warden I get to deal with it when sump'n goes wrong like plumbin', HVAC, lighting, door locks (that happened this year), etc. So, each has its fun to deal with.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:27 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Domino's will provide supper. We're outside of the delivery zone of the 2 nearest stores, but we're out of bananas (OH NOES!!!!) so I'm going to Food Lion on my way to pick up supper. Because I'm nice, dammit!

Old 01-24-2020, 06:36 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Domino's will provide supper. We're outside of the delivery zone of the 2 nearest stores, but we're out of bananas (OH NOES!!!!) so I'm going to Food Lion on my way to pick up supper. Because I'm nice, dammit!

That you are.

Dinner here was srevotfel pasta and fresh garlic bread. Not a bad thing on cold and damp night.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

There is a slow leak in the kitchen wall. joy. Having a martini and waiting for the NHL All Star Cometition to start.

Quote:
nellie - when he's sick, he just gets smooches on the forehead.
You don't sing Soft Kitty to him? I thought you were nice, dammit!

Butters, If I was closer, I'd offer to butler for you 2.*

*Offer not valid during Happy Hour on Duval St.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:55 PM

Well, the family meeting with the surgical team was illuminating. Son-of-a-wrek and the lil'wrekker were both crying like infants. He's 31 she's 21. Gah
Mr.Wrekker was stoic as ever.
DIL asked all the pertinent questions. That girl don't play. She took notes. Tested the surgeon like he was a snotty-nosed school boy.
Have I told y'all how happy I am that she's on my side?
I, as usual was flakey and could not concentrate. Doc asked me twice was I feeling okay. DIL poo-poo'd him saying "She's always like that"
Man oh man, if I live through this it will truly be a miracle! Saints perserve me.
Of, course Mid-daughter called me on our way home. Had to go through the whole thing again.
I think I'm all set. All I gotta do is stay reasonably well til surgery day.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:06 PM

Today has been a sleepy day.

I took a pork roast out for dinner but never made it. It'll get fixed tomorrow.

Red, the window is right in the middle of the porch, so no way to go around it.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Bacon and cheese omelets, grits, and toast comprised sup. 'Twas good! All is well in swampland.

Beck glad the meetin' went well. Son-of-a-wrek and lil'wrekker are just worried about their mama. Glad DIL was there to ask questions. You just stay well until the surgery, OK?