Old 07-27-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
"Excelling at" disproportionate and illegal violence is what we call in plain English being a dangerous criminal, and "casualties result" is what we call criminally assaulting and murdering people.

No, I personally am not at all surprised that conservatives "excel" at being ideology-driven violent criminals compared to liberals, but I would think that you might be. And for conservatives, who always seem to be bragging about their dedication to the principle of "personal responsibility", to try to deflect responsibility for acts of conservative terrorism by whining that the other side "condoned" violence is pretty hypocritical.
It wasnít merely condoning violence was it? There are how many videos of left wing mobs attacking outnumbered groups? You pretend they donít exist just like you pretend that advocating violence on this site by your ideological cohorts doesnít exist. Deny deny deny. Well it doesnít really work.

Oh well, Iím probably approaching too high of a Pit to non Pit posting ratio so Iíll leave you to your teen bullying circle jerk.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
And, just cause your idiocy pissed me off, ask yourself about Heather Heyer.

I'm willing to bet you had to Google her name to realize who she was. And how she never deserved what happened to her no matter what some fucking idiot who you identify as liberal said that pissed you off.

Fuck you.
Better.
What the dumbfuck that you're responding to said is the dumbest shit I've read. Not the dumbest shit I've read here, but the dumbest shit I've read.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1 View Post
Telling people how they should vote, think, speak and present themselves and punishing them for dissenting from those requirements, will garner unfavorable results. People are constantly being told they are Nazi's, racists, bigots, idiots, privileged and a host of other things that they are absolutely not and in reality despise. When some push back, they are further labeled as bigots and nazi's because they pushed back and didn't accept being called bigots and nazi's in the first place. It's pure insanity. Given, it is typically the media causing these problems, especially in cases like this with the Covington kid.

It's only a matter of time until instigators other than the media like the ANTIFA Starbucks Stormtroopers or the armchair warriors making death threats to teenage boys piss off enough people with their "THINK LIKE US OR ELSE" attitude.

Won't end well for a particular side.
Fuck off with this nonsense and your "realism". You're promoting violence.

Your side makes straight out threats of violence. PERIOD. And you're not condemning or denying them. Instead you're throwing out bullshit claims that "hey, maybe someday your side might get violent, and it won't work out for you".

Don't tell me or anyone else not to insult nazis and bigots or they'll get violent. That in itself is threatening violence and you should fucking be banned from this board for it.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
There are how many videos of left wing mobs attacking outnumbered groups?
Rhetorical questions such as this don't do much to obscure the fact that the actual commission and endorsement of ideologically-driven violence is quantitatively far more prevalent on the right wing than on the left.

I have no problem with calling out the comparatively few left-wingers who actually advocate or practice political violence. But your attempt to put the blame on them (not to mention liberals in general) for the far greater number of right-wingers who advocate and practice (usually much more destructive) political violence is cowardly hypocrisy, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus
You pretend they donít exist
Dude, you're the one here who's trying to dodge responsibility for the political violence committed by your ideological cohorts, not me. Sack up and admit to the far greater problem with political violence on your own team rather than just whining that it's not really your team's fault because the mean old lefties made you do it.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Had the Native American played his drum near one of the imbeciles who was mocking him and his people with racist chanting and tomahawk chops, would you be so defensive?
Do you have a cite on the "racist chanting?" As for the tomahawk chop, yeah, that is clueless and tasteless, but noting surprising coming from kids given that it is still so common among adults.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
You are assuming I endorse these hypotheticals. I do not. Just being realistic.
Really? You think it's realistic to predict that your fellow conservatives are going to go on some kind of rampage of ideologically-driven violence against liberals just for calling them "racists" or "bigots" or, heaven forbid, "privileged"?

If you think that's a realistic scenario, then why aren't you taking action to persuade your fellow conservatives against engaging in such insanely and oppressively criminal behavior? Just taunting liberals with "ooooh, if you don't stop calling us racist when we don't think we're racist then something bad's gonna happen to yoooouu" is not what I'd call being "realistic" about the prospect of impending criminal violence. To be honest, it seems more like being an instigator or accessory before the fact.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
{...} As for the tomahawk chop, yeah, that is clueless and tasteless, but noting surprising coming from kids given that it is still so common among adults.
Yes, it started as an antiabortion rally and what do ya know a sports team game broke out!

CMC fnord!
Old 07-28-2019, 12:05 AM

This post should be made a sticky so that there's a lot less words wasted on this in the future.

Amazing to think how McConnell in many ways is more toxic than that orange smirker.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Telling people how they should vote, think, speak and present themselves and punishing them for dissenting from those requirements, will garner unfavorable results. People are constantly being told they are Nazi's, racists, bigots, idiots, privileged and a host of other things that they are absolutely not and in reality despise. When some push back, they are further labeled as bigots and nazi's because they pushed back and didn't accept being called bigots and nazi's in the first place. It's pure insanity. Given, it is typically the media causing these problems, especially in cases like this with the Covington kid.

It's only a matter of time until instigators other than the media like the ANTIFA Starbucks Stormtroopers or the armchair warriors making death threats to teenage boys piss off enough people with their "THINK LIKE US OR ELSE" attitude.

Yeah, those Black Hebrew Israelites will end bad...

.. Nah, they are not being targeted, even if they initiated the whole thing because it is still hard for members of the right wing media to explain to guys like you that there are radical religious conservatives that oppose abortion that still have a beef with a racist cad and their symbols. (And again, I do not support those BHI) Better to blame the nuts picked by the right wing sources of info as if they represent the whole left, forgetting how corrosive Trump is among the people that would support Republicans regarding abortion.

Last edited by GIGObuster; 07-28-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:19 AM

Quote:
You are wrong, and also stupid.

Go fuck yourself.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
You are wrong, and also stupid.

Go fuck yourself.
Stealing.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:18 AM

How about: they're dumb kids, and hopefully someday they'll look back and think, "damn, we were really stupid, weren't we?"

Like I said before, I'll bet you any amount of money that they only attended this thing was to get out of class. My parish lets the 8th graders go along when the attend the March (or at least they did when I was in school), and for those that attended, that was the only reason they gave.

Or maybe it's just me being cynical.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Ok so the solution is to advocate political violence directed at kids? Sounds like you are the fascists.
That's what you took out of what I said? You really are as stupid as everyone says.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
When political violence is acceptable and condoned, including by people here, donít act surprised when one side excels at it and casualties result. What did you think would happen when one side initiates violence?

Now, the wise person would disavow political violence as a legitimate tool within the US. But I donít see that happening unfortunately.
Somehow I doubt your altruism when it comes to pointing out instances of political violence. You're basing your opinion on what one person on a message board said who just happens to be leftist. I noticed how you were careful to disdain political violence in general without acknowledging the right's prevalent role in it, while using "including by people here" to implicate leftists. FOX news would be proud.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:43 AM

To think of the klieg light smirk on the punk's face had the suit been successful - now he's just gonna have to go mope and fume and marytr his way onto being Faux News' youngest whatever-the-fuck-they-come-up-with-titles on their news/opinion/farty programs (Mug Warmer?). Maybe Tucker can take him under his wing as his "li'l buddy" and eventually groom him as heir apparent to hopefully catch the attention of any of FOXie's under-80 viewers.

Actually this exact thing will happen. Eventually he'll break out into his own "Enter Sandmann" segment thingie so he can have the annoying excuse to blast that annoying Metallica thingie for his intro with a montage - I'm not even going to entertain that one - ending with a final shot of him looking kinda smirk-core while beer-bonging.

Writing something like the above about three or four years ago might've seemed more far-fetched.
This post, though, has officially jinxed such a thing from ever happening, so, all cool.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Thatís a beautiful rant but it doesnít answer the question. What did the far left which advocates violence justified solely by their oppositionís apparel and/or who theyíd vote for think would happen?
Yes, why DOES the far left get mad when they're actively being murdered?
Old 07-28-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Fuck off with this nonsense and your "realism". You're promoting violence.

Your side makes straight out threats of violence. PERIOD. And you're not condemning or denying them. Instead you're throwing out bullshit claims that "hey, maybe someday your side might get violent, and it won't work out for you".

Don't tell me or anyone else not to insult nazis and bigots or they'll get violent. That in itself is threatening violence and you should fucking be banned from this board for it.
Both sides make threats of violence. PERIOD. ANTIFA types just tend to show up more often and are now being countered when they were not before.

I cannot deny them because it exists on the right and left. Condemn, of course.

I am illustrating that right wingers would likely win in a violent conflict with the left wingers. Not saying I approve of what either group does but if you look at the average Antifa clown and the average Proud Boy jughead, it is obvious. Not to mention, you know. Firearms to boot.

I did not say "do not insult nazis and bigots". I said in so many words that according to how all right wingers are painted as such, they've been pretty restrained then haven't they? Why? Because they are not violent nazis and bigots. Just like not all Liberals are mindless progressive types like ANTIFA kiddos and complete morons like AOC.

Good and bad in both, but if you take the bad from both sides, the right wingers absolutely will win, by a landslide.

I made no threat of violence, at all. Just being realistic and I am absolutely not endorsing anything of the like. I support a libertarian attitude of "don't fuck with me, I won't fuck with you"

Now that you have my stance and it's been clarified. Back to the root of it all.

I would be saying the same damned thing if the tables were turned. Threats and humiliating a teenager (whom all make dumb decisions) for wearing a MAGA hat and having a shit eating grin, is disgusting no matter who does it or what their affiliation is!

Last edited by anomalous1; 07-28-2019 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Do you have a cite on the "racist chanting?" As for the tomahawk chop, yeah, that is clueless and tasteless, but noting surprising coming from kids given that it is still so common among adults.
Why is the fact that adults have done it supposed to change anything? Of course adults have done it. It's not like only kids do racist shit.

There is a little bit of sympathy if they were just taught to do it as a cheer for a sports team. They just might not realize the implications of a tomahawk chop, or even know what it symbolizes. But this was done towards a Native American.

The kid is getting what little sympathy he does have due to his age. But it's not like 16 is too young to have been taught about racism. At the very least they should have been taught not to do the something to a Native American that they wouldn't do to someone of other colored skin.

But, when your school is the type to sponsor a MAGA-hat wearing protest that is anti-abortion, and can't even chaperone their kids properly, it's not surprising these kids were not taught the basics of how not to act like racist douchebags.

I've never blamed the kids. I've always blamed the adults: the teachers and the parents. If this trip were properly chaperoned, this could have been prevented. But, really, this isn't the type of trip it makes sense for a school to sponsor. It only makes the kids look like political props for the school's positions--on something wholly unrelated to the school.

These kids are being raised in such a way by the parents and teachers that they have not learned the things they should have about racism. It's not like these kids messed up and the parents were mortified. The school was for a bit, until they saw the PR winds changing in their clientele and switched.

And then to top it all off with parents trying to sue newspapers for simply reporting on the story, exercising freedom of the press. It's no wonder liberals have so little sympathy for this shit.

I sympathize with the kid that he's been raise by parents who would act like this. I sympathize with the idea that it was a single mistake that happened to go public, and that his parents want to milk for all its worth, only hurting him in the long run. I sympathize that he did not do the racist symbol, but simply was dressed like and part of a group that did. And I sympathize that facial expressions can be misunderstood.

I'm not calloused. I'm just not going to make a bigger deal out of this than it is. I'm not going to freak out that the normal variations that happen with eyewitness testimony happened, nor pretend that small differences change the overall picture. And I'm definitely not going to go on the "SJW conspiracy" crap train that the right used it as.

And if there's a thread celebrating that the parents were not able to curtail freedom of the press by claiming that simply reporting what someone says makes them liable? One that acknowledges the kid looked like a douche but hopes he will learn better? I'm not going to get outraged by that.

The only thing that bugs me about this thread is that I was apparently supposed to know who "Smirky McDouchebag" was. I had assumed a lawsuit about calling someone that. It is a bit backwards to blame the kid when the stupid publicity stunt lawsuit was the parents' doing.

Last edited by BigT; 07-28-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:

"ANTIFA Starbucks Stormtroopers" What a perfect name! I haven't laughed that long and hard for weeks.

This post is so dripping in ridiculous, right-wing snowflakery, it's just pathetic. "Those meany libs are so mean with their meany, mean words that we will be forced to hurt and kill people! It's ALL THE FAULT OF THE LEFT cuz they called us names!"

My gut hurts from laughing and my eyes hurt from rolling.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Both sides make threats of violence. PERIOD. ANTIFA types just tend to show up more often and are now being countered when they were not before.
If the murderer in the Challenger was fighting back against antifa, why did he run over a crowd of innocent people?
Fuck off.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Good and bad in both, but if you take the bad from both sides, the right wingers absolutely will win, by a landslide.
That didn't start off too promising, but then are we starting to see an iota of headway, there?

Quote:
I support a libertarian attitude of "don't fuck with me, I won't fuck with you"
I guess I missed that in the handbook.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

So are you saying the party is ... silly?
Old 07-28-2019, 12:48 PM

Not even slightly, Mr. Bong.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I'm not even going to address these claims because I'm not going to get sucked into that conversation.

Except to say that when you keep repeating this point as if it means a damned thing and interjecting it in every conversation about political violence, you are being quite disingenuous about not supporting said call for violence.

I still think you should be banned, or at very least, warned for this behavior.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:51 PM

One thing that often gets lost sight of in these discussions is that fascism/racism are inherently violent philosophies. There may be fascists/racist who aren't doing anything violent at this exact moment, but that doesn't make them peaceful. To argue otherwise is like saying that the difference between a vegetarian and a cannibal is simply a matter of dietary preference.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
To think of the klieg light smirk on the punk's face had the suit been successful - now he's just gonna have to go mope and fume and marytr his way onto being Faux News' youngest whatever-the-fuck-they-come-up-with-titles on their news/opinion/farty programs (Mug Warmer?). Maybe Tucker can take him under his wing as his "li'l buddy" and eventually groom him as heir apparent to hopefully catch the attention of any of FOXie's under-80 viewers.

Actually this exact thing will happen. Eventually he'll break out into his own "Enter Sandmann" segment thingie so he can have the annoying excuse to blast that annoying Metallica thingie for his intro with a montage - I'm not even going to entertain that one - ending with a final shot of him looking kinda smirk-core while beer-bonging.

Writing something like the above about three or four years ago might've seemed more far-fetched.
This post, though, has officially jinxed such a thing from ever happening, so, all cool.
I hope so. I am always a bit concerned about posts like this, in that they may not jinx it, but rather work its way out into the world and act as inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modesty Blaise View Post
"ANTIFA Starbucks Stormtroopers" What a perfect name! I haven't laughed that long and hard for weeks.

This post is so dripping in ridiculous, right-wing snowflakery, it's just pathetic. "Those meany libs are so mean with their meany, mean words that we will be forced to hurt and kill people! It's ALL THE FAULT OF THE LEFT cuz they called us names!"

My gut hurts from laughing and my eyes hurt from rolling.
Yeah, this whole "We don't want a fight, but if we did, we'd win, so you better stop making us mad by disagreeing with us." thing doesn't really come across as the peace loving position that the poster seems to think it is.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
One thing that often gets lost sight of in these discussions is that fascism/racism are inherently violent philosophies. There may be fascists/racist who aren't doing anything violent at this exact moment, but that doesn't make them peaceful. To argue otherwise is like saying that the difference between a vegetarian and a cannibal is simply a matter of dietary preference.
They are not inherently violent. There is no need for violence if the groups that they wish to remove from their society would just go away on their own. If any violence is used, it is their own fault for not just committing suicide.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I guess that's why I see very little about Antifa in the news. The Proud Boys cut them off and nobody noticed.
Quote:
I cannot deny them because it exists on the right and left. Condemn, of course.
Good. Now try saying that without mentioning the left.
Quote:
I am illustrating that right wingers would likely win in a violent conflict with the left wingers. Not saying I approve of what either group does but if you look at the average Antifa clown and the average Proud Boy jughead, it is obvious. Not to mention, you know. Firearms to boot.
I don't think anybody who wants a civilized society would think leftists would win in a fight against rightists. I don't know where you got the idea you needed to defend the violent strength of the rightists against human chains.
Quote:
I did not say "do not insult nazis and bigots". I said in so many words that according to how all right wingers are painted as such, they've been pretty restrained then haven't they? Why? Because they are not violent nazis and bigots. Just like not all Liberals are mindless progressive types like ANTIFA kiddos and complete morons like AOC.
They're pretty restrained once they run out of bullets, but they stock up on a lot of bullets, especially in Las Vegas hotel rooms. "Mindless progressive types?" So you do fear progress, just like we always thought.
Quote:
Meaning left is all bad? You're not exactly approaching this from an altruistic viewpoint. You act scary brainwashed. Stocking up for a race war, perhaps? Science is your enemy.
Quote:
I made no threat of violence, at all. Just being realistic and I am absolutely not endorsing anything of the like. I support a libertarian attitude of "don't fuck with me, I won't fuck with you"
Sounds more like utter paranoia to me. Conservatives love to run over to the Libertarian niche whenever they realize their party is full of shit. Libertarians want less government by the way, as long as they can have police protection. They'd rather vacation in Ibiza than spend their dividends on guns and ammo.
Quote:
Now that you have my stance and it's been clarified. Back to the root of it all.
Yes, we're quite sure you're trying to cover your ass by saying you're not as bad as the Proud Boys, but you would defend yourself in a fight, if for some reason a leftist would resort to mass shooting or vehicular homicide. Tucker and Hannity have a good little drone in you.
Quote:
I would be saying the same damned thing if the tables were turned. Threats and humiliating a teenager (whom all make dumb decisions) for wearing a MAGA hat and having a shit eating grin, is disgusting no matter who does it or what their affiliation is!
Hey, he was the one whose lawsuit was tossed out. The aftermath of ridicule was inevitable. We didn't decide out of the blue to pick on him.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-DUB View Post
Well said. This "but, but, but, THEY DO IT TOO". Is horseshit of the highest level.

Since Trump supporters project so much, I find it very interesting that they claimed that the Clintons had a sex slave ring. Out of a pizza parlor basement restaurant that did not exist. Hmmm.

A real one with Jeff Epstein was discovered. Run by a friend of Trump.

Trump has had what, 22 accusations of sexual assault against him? Some by minors. Sort of like the 'business' that Epstein set up? Hmm.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not even going to address these claims because I'm not going to get sucked into that conversation.

Except to say that when you keep repeating this point as if it means a damned thing and interjecting it in every conversation about political violence, you are being quite disingenuous about not supporting said call for violence.

Why, because you are a repetitive dishonest fool? Dishonesty, poor reading comprehension, and bullying children is a bad combo. And you should feel bad.

Last edited by octopus; 07-28-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Oh well, Iím probably approaching too high of a Pit to non Pit posting ratio so Iíll leave you to your teen bullying circle jerk.
Liar.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
Liar.
I know! I feel terrible.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I know! I feel terrible.
You have a thousand worse aspects to your pathetic "personality" that feeling bad about lying about not commenting more on a thread where you literally blamed the murders by right wingers of innocent liberals on imagined leftists shouldn't even come close to making you feel terrible. Feel terrible about blaming innocent victims of murder. Feel terrible about defending a political party that puts party above not just country, but also basic human decency. Feel terrible about being so incredibly ignorant that you're willing to forgive real life murders because some entitled teenager had a drum played close to him. Feel terrible for being a waste of oxygen. No need to feel terrible about lying in an online thread when you're a reprehensible human who excuses the murders of real, live people just for political gain.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Both sides make threats of violence. PERIOD.
And the right-wing side makes a lot more threats of violence, and actually commits far more and far worse acts of violence than the left-wing side does.

You need to be doing something about that on your side, instead of whining that the right-wing violence is really the left-wing side's own fault. But I suppose that sort of whining is much easier and safer than confronting the armed violent faction on your side and telling them they shouldn't be committing criminal violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous1
I am illustrating that right wingers would likely win in a violent conflict with the left wingers.
Sure, if being far more aggressive and irrational and murderous---and having a far greater number of your fellow ideologues willing to join you in being aggressive and irrational and murderous---is what you call "winning". I don't call that much to boast of, but I suppose you have to make do with what you've got.

Quote:
I said in so many words that according to how all right wingers are painted as such, they've been pretty restrained then haven't they?
No. Refraining from committing criminal violence just because somebody else expresses an uncomplimentary opinion about your beliefs and ideology does not count as "being pretty restrained". It is literally the bare minimum of civilized behavior that we expect from a rational law-abiding person in a free country.

What, you think if right-wingers manage not to assault someone just for calling them bigots, they deserve a cookie or something? Nonsense.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
You have a thousand worse aspects to your pathetic "personality" that feeling bad about lying about not commenting more on a thread where you literally blamed the murders by right wingers of innocent liberals on imagined leftists shouldn't even come close to making you feel terrible. Feel terrible about blaming innocent victims of murder. Feel terrible about defending a political party that puts party above not just country, but also basic human decency. Feel terrible about being so incredibly ignorant that you're willing to forgive real life murders because some entitled teenager had a drum played close to him. Feel terrible for being a waste of oxygen. No need to feel terrible about lying in an online thread when you're a reprehensible human who excuses the murders of real, live people just for political gain.
What political gain is there to be had with an audience of 14 or so people? Votes are going to change because I tsk tsk the bullying of teens? Votes are going to change because I advocate a point of view that the political violence that some on this board support is counterproductive?

The hive’s tactic of misrepresentation and lying is well established but try honesty for a few seconds and explain the political gain that I supposedly seek and show where I have advocated violence for political speech. You can’t. Nor do you folks condemn the nuts that post here in support of political violence. Nasty people.

Last edited by octopus; 07-28-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
What political gain is there to be had with an audience of 14 or so people? Votes are going to change because I tsk tsk the bullying of teens? Votes are going to change because I advocate a point of view that the political violence that some on this board support is counterproductive?
As soon as me, and others already, noticed that what you are doing is nutpicking, it follows that you are the one that is flailing around with little to offer.

Quote:
The hiveís tactic of misrepresentation and lying is well established but try honesty for a few seconds and explain the political gain that I supposedly seek and show where I have advocated violence for political speech. You canít. Nor do you folks condemn the nuts that post here in support of political violence. Nasty people.
Even in the first thread discussing this I reported that did not approve about the few that did so, so by your own standards you should apologize for using such a wide brush..

.. not holding my breath for that one.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
show where I have advocated violence for political speech.
What you did was to explicitly excuse violence for political speech, based on the largely false allegation that the other guys started it:

Quote:
When political violence is acceptable and condoned, including by people here, donít act surprised when one side excels at it and casualties result. What did you think would happen when one side initiates violence?
You dishonestly implied that liberals in general consider political violence "acceptable and condoned", which is not the case. Far more conservatives than liberals condone and commit political violence, and the acts of political violence on the conservative side have been far more destructive and murderous.

And then you revoltingly attempted to polish that turd of conservatives' disproportionate and excessive tendency to criminal political violence by spinning it as a form of "excellence". You finished up by disingenuously suggesting that the murders committed by conservative political violence are some kind of impersonal "result", and in a final burst of craven irresponsibility you tried to make it appear that the murderous political violence committed by conservatives (most often against people not engaged in violence at all) is somehow the fault of liberals.

We're not the ones who are being dishonest here. If you are serious about discussing this issue, you need to begin by honestly admitting the fundamental fact that right-wingers in the US commit significantly more, and more destructive, political violence than left-wingers.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:43 PM
Charter Member

Antifa is a fucking irrelevant borderline myth that conservatives talk about to give each other hard-ons.

I have neighbors who have lost friends and family members in synagogue shootings, and have had my own community defaced by people with closets full of MAGA gear.

Those of you in this thread who insist “both sides do it” or maybe “what did the Jews in the synagogues expect, egging people on with their liberal ways?” are welcome to come up with the tortured logic that absolves your cohort from any notable wrongdoing, but here in the real world, actual people are being abused, mistreated, intimidated, and killed by Trump-inspired individuals.

My Trump-voting neighbors don’t know what it feels like to have Nazi symbology painted on the doors of their sacred spaces. Antifa!? Tell me another fucking joke, why doncha?
Old 07-29-2019, 01:29 AM

Antifa is absolutely real. I had seen this group when I was downtown during the NATO Summit years ago and actually knew a person really into it (friend of a friend of course). They engaged, threw rocks at the police and the CPD completely wrecked them. I am not condoning or approving any type of violence (Chimera!) and think it is all abhorrent. I am saying that actions have consequences and whether you've been in a street fight, boxing, a bar fight or any type of conflict, there is always someone bigger, better and faster than you. In this case, the right wing groups (not speaking of nazi's and kkk type groups) absolutely will be the victors. Its not a badge of honor. It is reality.

Eonwe, That has absolutely no bearing in this conversation and is completely hyperbolic.

I am talking about people who fight at rallies for the most part, not psychotic individuals who go on murderous rampages. That is not Trump inspired. That is a piece of shit waiting for an opportunity or excuse to exercise being a piece of shit by killing innocents that have no influence whatsoever in their lives. That hit is not acceptable.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Antifa is absolutely real. I had seen this group when I was downtown during the NATO Summit years ago
If you're talking about the 2012 NATO Summit in Chicago, it's kind of telling that you had to go back seven years for your example. (Your example also describes the antifa instigators as throwing rocks at armed police rather than unarmed protestors. While I completely condemn and abhor anybody's deliberately starting fights even with armed police, what they did was obviously a good deal less brutal than deliberately beating up/stabbing/shooting/driving cars into unarmed demonstrators.)

Quote:
I am saying that actions have consequences and whether you've been in a street fight, boxing, a bar fight or any type of conflict, there is always someone bigger, better and faster than you. In this case, the right wing groups (not speaking of nazi's and kkk type groups) absolutely will be the victors.
Again, as with octopus's remark about "excelling", this attempt to spin criminal violence as a form of "victory" is more disgusting than persuasive. The fact that criminally violent right-wingers are more aggressive, more brutal, more murderous and far more numerous than criminally violent left-wingers does not make them "better".

The vast majority of right-wing political violence isn't taking place in the context of anything like a consensual "fair fight" with antifa throwing the first punch. Rather, it's right-wing extremists attacking people who pose no physical threat to them. That's not "victory" or being "bigger, better and faster": that's terrorism, plain and simple.

Quote:
I am talking about people who fight at rallies for the most part
Well of course you are, because that comparatively very small part of right-wing political violence is the only part that you have even the tiniest chance of successfully blaming, even in part, on somebody else.

Quote:
not psychotic individuals who go on murderous rampages. That is not Trump inspired.
It's inspired by the right-wing hateful extremism that glorifies Trump, and is stoked by Trump's fearmongering and deceptive rhetoric of resentment. There is no meaningful way to look at modern right-wing hate isolated from Trump and Trumpism.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
If you're talking about the 2012 NATO Summit in Chicago, it's kind of telling that you had to go back seven years for your example. (Your example also describes the antifa instigators as throwing rocks at armed police rather than unarmed protestors. While I completely condemn and abhor anybody's deliberately starting fights even with armed police, what they did was obviously a good deal less brutal than deliberately beating up/stabbing/shooting/driving cars into unarmed demonstrators.)

Again, as with octopus's remark about "excelling", this attempt to spin criminal violence as a form of "victory" is more disgusting than persuasive. The fact that criminally violent right-wingers are more aggressive, more brutal, more murderous and far more numerous than criminally violent left-wingers does not make them "better". This is not an attempt to spin anything or make it acceptable, just an explanation. I thought I clarified this for the third time now.

The vast majority of right-wing political violence isn't taking place in the context of anything like a consensual "fair fight" with antifa throwing the first punch. Rather, it's right-wing extremists attacking people who pose no physical threat to them. That's not "victory" or being "bigger, better and faster": that's terrorism, plain and simple.

Well of course you are, because that comparatively very small part of right-wing political violence is the only part that you have even the tiniest chance of successfully blaming, even in part, on somebody else.

It's inspired by the right-wing hateful extremism that glorifies Trump, and is stoked by Trump's fearmongering and deceptive rhetoric of resentment. There is no meaningful way to look at modern right-wing hate isolated from Trump and Trumpism.
It's kind of telling I am not one to visit a protest willingly. It's a waste of time and accomplishes very little. Although the attempt is a good thing. I just saw what I saw. If other videos are to be believed, it happens more often than not. Yes there are cases of ANTIFA beating up other demonstrators as well. The other cases you mention outside of protests (save for the nut in the challenger) are acts of terrorism. I am not speaking of acts of terrorism, that's fucked up. Rally/Protest violence.

Would you stop thinking It's a pissing contest. I said the comment in jest (about how antifa types would lose and its mildly funny when you look at what they are made of) but taking it farther I was just illustrating the reality of those situations.

They will lose. I can't believe I have to say it yet again, its not something to be proud of or some kind of honor. It's just the way it would go.

I wasn't speaking of terrorist acts, keep it in context.

The last part does just make me laugh. No. People absolutely have their own volition and control. Trump does not cause this shit to happen or enable it. People interpreting things the wrong way and somehow justifying their actions allows thats to happen. People think for themselves (outside of this board, anyways).

Trump is not advocating that violence. His rhetoric has nothing to do with the actions of nutbag people doing what they do. I have not heard him tell anyone to shoot up a synagogue or drive a Dodge Challenger into a crowd of people or anything remotely close to that.

This allusion to Trump being a Hitler incarnate really needs to stop. This Presidency is not even remotely close to being slightly close to precursory or trending in a direction like that and it never will. That is you interpreting it your own way.

Sidenote (Not directed at you, Kimstu)

After this Presidency. The words "Bigot", "Racist", "Hitler" and "Nazi" are really going to be meaningless the way people throw it around like they are placing a food order. It's more than just irritating and childish. It is insulting to those alive and dead who actually suffered under conditions normally associated with those terms. It's a pathetic attempt at denouncing and defaming those that one disagrees with and is completely illogical.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
After this Presidency. The words "Bigot", "Racist", "Hitler" and "Nazi" are really going to be meaningless the way people throw it around like they are placing a food order. It's more than just irritating and childish. It is insulting to those alive and dead who actually suffered under conditions normally associated with those terms. It's a pathetic attempt at denouncing and defaming those that one disagrees with and is completely illogical.
Under this administration and only this administration have I ever known my place of worship to have been vandalized with Nazi symbols. Under this administration and only this administration have I known people who have lost loved ones to domestic terrorism, the perpetrators of which professing allegiance to the president of the US. Under this administration and only this administration have I seen an American president preside over events in which his supporters chant back at him his own words, ďsend her back,Ē referring to American citizens who donít have the right shade of skin.

Fuck you and your accusations of hyperbole. This is happening now, in a unique and remarkable way. And you can sit there with a straight face and claim that people who suffered ďunder conditions normally associated withĒ racism and bigotry are insulted by ďillogicalĒ denunciations of fucking racist and Nazi-esque actions? You are the insult.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
What political gain is there to be had with an audience of 14 or so people?
Votes are going to change because I tsk tsk the bullying of teens? Votes are going to change because I advocate a point of view that the political violence that some on this board support is counterproductive?

The hiveís tactic of misrepresentation and lying is well established but try honesty for a few seconds and explain the political gain that I supposedly seek and show where I have advocated violence for political speech. You canít.
I didnt say that. I said you blamed liberals (political gain) for murders and violent actions by the right wing (political gain). I also said you were dumb and vile, which likewise, were accurate.

Quote:
Nor do you folks condemn the nuts that post here in support of political violence. Nasty people.
I have repeatedly in the past, and will again, condemn all acts of political violence and all those who support said acts. As have most of the other posters here. What I wont do is try to blame liberals more than the actual perpetrators of murder and violence, because that's just dumb and vile.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

DNFTTs
Old 07-29-2019, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

On second thought, this is more appropriate.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:59 AM

This kid was made the centerpiece of a poorly conceived attack on the first amendment. A lot of people bought into that dumbass anti-first amendment pile of bullshit. Fortunately, the judge in this case did not fall for it.

You can be on the pro-first amendment side or the pro-douchebag side of this. Those on the pro-douchebag side are trying to dress up their anti-first amendment arguments as opposition to left wing calls for violence or combatting the mythical threat of antifa.

You aren't fooling anyone. You picked a side. Go fuck yourself.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Bullshit, and, frankly, an insult to people persecuted by the Klan.
Eh. I'm of European descent, so I can't fully speak for people persecuted by the Klan. I will note however that I've spoken WITH a lot of such people since the right-wing terrorist attack in Charlottesville (I hate that i have to be specific), and they uniformly recognize the MAGA slogan as a threat leveled at them by their oppressors.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:26 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
[Moderating]
Well, he won't be, because his post isn't even close to breaking any board rules.

You, however, are getting pretty close to junior modding, so I'd recommend backing off on the claims about what is or is not against the board rules, and what will happen to posters for not following your instructions.
[/Moderating]
Old 07-29-2019, 04:56 PM

Gotcha, Miller.

"Eight billion bullets" for liberals = violating board rules.

Repeatedly claiming "It won't go well for you", "the right will win" and similar 'threats' while claiming that you don't really support it, you're just being a "realist" = perfectly acceptable non-threatening behavior that doesn't violate any rules.

Yeah, sure, ok. Maybe I was right to walk away from this board the last time.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:56 PM
Sith Mod

[Moderating]
Issues with board moderation belong in ATMB, not the Pit.
[/Moderating]