Old 11-02-2019, 10:40 AM

Frosted,

You accepted the trade too late. Unless the transfer can be speeded up, it won't go through until after this weekend's games, so the major benefit will be lost.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:24 AM
Charter Member

Hey, guys, sorry for the delay in approving your trade, I didn't notice it until just now. It sounds like you intended for it to go through this week, so I'll go ahead and push it through now.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:55 AM

Doesn't look like Frosted went back in to change his lineup. He started two guys on byes.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

I can fix that given the obvious intent.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:59 AM

Wow!

I had a couple of bad beats early in the season, where I scored in the top three or fours teams each week, and still lost the games.

I guess I made up for it this week, managing a win despite scoring just 58 points. There were only two players who scored less than me, and I was lucky enough to play one of them.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:55 AM

I can't believe I am, for the moment at least, in first. After the draft, I thought I was screwed because I messed up and came up one starter short when my money ran out. I've been a bit lucky, made more moves than anyone else, and finally at least came up with a serviceable flex player and some spare parts to move around. We'll see how long it lasts.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:07 PM

Looks like the playoffs aren't as up in the air as previous years (or I made this post earlier in previous years so there are more variables), but there's still some movement possible. If both Inglewood Chargers and I win, the playoffs are set as they are. If I lose, and Mundi Madness or Team Anonymous win and gain 30 points on me, I lose my spot. 30 points is a lot, but my WRs are all 15 or 0 point guys, so I could roll 0 0 0. If Inglewood Chargers loses, all of the 6-6 people have more points than him, and a win gets them the last playoff spot (unless a 6-6 with more points also wins of course).

There are no byes in this league, so I'm not as interested in deep diving to see who could move up/down in seeding, but Dr. Zeuss is guarenteed top 3, while #1 could be him, eschrodinger's cats, or Pew Pew.

Last edited by Taber; 11-26-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: eschrodinger's has an h
Old 12-03-2019, 10:16 AM

Wow!

A 50-yard touchdown by Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph, with 7 minutes to go in Monday night's game, gave me a last-minute (and probably undeserved) win for the week, and vaulted me from (what would have been) 11th to 6th place and into the playoffs.

I was playing Frosted Lightning, and over the course of Sunday I watched both of our projected totals gradually decline, although mine went down more quickly, and it looked clear to me that I was going to lose. We entered Monday night's game with Frosted about 6 points ahead, and we each had a Minnesota TE lined up to play. I had Rudolph, and Frosted had Irv Smith. Without that 50-yard TD near the end, I lose the game.

I was kicking myself on Sunday. I tossed up for ages between my two defenses, and decided to stick with the Eagles. Of course, they shat the bed against Miami, conceding 34 points and giving me negative 6 fantasy points, while Tampa, who I left on the bench, had a monster game against the Jags, scoring a defensive TD and putting up 26 fantasy points.

So I'm in the playoffs. Unfortunately, as #6 seed, I play #3 StraightDope My Foot (covfefe), who has the highest points total of all teams this season. I'm not holding out much hope of a deep playoff run! At least it's better than my performance in the All-Pro League, where I went 2-11 and finished 9th out of 10 teams.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post
Wow!

A 50-yard touchdown by Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph, with 7 minutes to go in Monday night's game...
Oops!

It was a 3-yard TD, not 50. 50 was his total yardage on the night. Obviously, I wasn't watching the game!
Old 12-08-2019, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

We have our playoffs:

1. eschrodinger's cats
2. Dr. Zeuss
3. Straightdope My Foot
4. Nine Inch Neils
5. Pew Pew
6. Inglewood Chargers
7. Frosted_Lightning
8. Up By Three

Ranking by total points at the end of the season (actual rank in parentheses)

1. Straightdope My Foot 1339 (3) - Covfefe
2. eschrodinger's cats 1306 (1) - eschrodinger
3. Frosted_Lightning 1283 (7) - Frosted Glass
4. Nine Inch Neils 1266 (4) - Really Not All That Bright
5. Up By Three 1235 (8) - Taber
6. Garcon's Cedilla 1233 (16)
7. Team Anonymous 1218 (9) - Motu
8. Pew Pew 1202 (5) - Off-board recruit
9. Fourth and Nineteen 1192 (10) - Wilson
10. Dr. Zeuss 1184 (2) - Off-board recruit
11. The Dented Pixels 1172 (11) - Pixel Dent
12. Ilya's Team 1169 (17) - off board recruit
13. New New York Benders 1168 (12) - It's Not Rocket Surgery!
14. Mundi Madness 1160 (13) - Spiritus Mundi
15. Inglewood Chargers 1143 (6) - mhendo
16. BIG3 1137 (14) - off board recruit
17. Exploding Pancakes 1079 (19) - SenorBeef
18. Rough and Tumblrs 1095 (15) - Enalzi
19. No Use For A Name 1060 (20) - Retrovertigo
20. John's Dandy Team 997 (18) - Hamlet
Old 12-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Wow. Garcon's Cedilla is easily the unluckiest player, 6th in points total, and 16th based on W-L.

I'm easily the luckiest, at 15th in points and 6th on W-L. GC and I basically have mirror-image rankings, and I should probably offer him my place in the playoffs.

Dr. Zeuss was also a bit lucky, 10th in points but 2nd in W-L.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Woohoo!

With a win in the first round of the playoffs, the Inglewood Chargers are advancing to the semi-finals. Huge games from Emmanuel Sanders (including a passing TD) and Aaron Jones were the difference for me this week, allowing the team to beat its projections by about 16 points.

I went into Monday night's game just over 4 points down, with Giants WR Sterling Shepard and the Eagles D still to play. At half-time, I was biting my nails because Philadelphia had already given up 17 points to the Giants, and it looked like my team might go out of the game backwards with a negative Defense score. But the Eagles stiffened up in the second half, recording a couple of sacks and giving up no points at all.

My opponent, Covfefe, got a huge game from Chargers RB Austin Ekeler, with 200+ total yards and a TD, but Larry Fitzgerald and Sony Michel underperformed, and he rest of his team were all close to their projections, leaving him a few points shy of his projected total.

I'm up against Dr. Zeuss in the semi. He had a very close win over Frosted Lightning. Up By Three plays Pew Pew in the other game. Pew Pew had the best performance this week, with a pretty easy win over Nine Inch Neils, thanks to huge numbers from his New Orleans contingent of Brees, Thomas, and Cook (87 points between three players).
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM

That was a squeaker. Congratulations Up by Three. I'm kicking myself for taking a zero on Josh Jacobs, and it's easy to look at points left on the bench, but other than not swapping out Jacobs, I made my best guesses and happened to come up short. Hindsight and all..... And swapping Jacobs out would have just made it a closer loss.

Last edited by eschrodinger; Yesterday at 11:30 PM.
Old Today, 10:27 AM

I still sometimes get annoyed with myself when I leave a guy on the bench and he ends up having a big game, but you really do have to just make your best guess and hope it works out. It's still sometimes frustrating, though, to lose a game and see that, if you had only made that switch, you could have won.