Old Today, 12:25 AM

Ted Yoho, Tea Party darling, becomes the 28th sitting Republican to announce he isn't running for reelection.
https://www.sfgate.com/news/us/artic...m-14895768.php

Not really a stupid idea. More Republicans should do it.
Old Today, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Ted Yoho, Tea Party darling, becomes the 28th sitting Republican to announce he isn't running for reelection.
https://www.sfgate.com/news/us/artic...m-14895768.php

Not really a stupid idea. More Republicans should do it.
Wow, he's my "representative".
I've no doubt the seat will go to another hard-right Republican, knowing the area, but I'm glad to see him go.
Old Today, 02:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
HERESY ! Don't you know Moon's day is some Muslim paganism ? Jack Chick taught me so. As for Sun's day, that's obviously Roman idolatry.
From now on, every day shall be known as Godday. Sort it out.
Primidi, Duodi, Tridi, Quartidi, Quintidi, Sextidi, Septidi. Very Republican. Of course, there are supposed to be three more in the sequence, but baby steps.

On the one hand, it does seem inappropriate to have a pagan deity on the capitol dome. On the other hand, now I want to put Ceres back there to spite a Christian...Christianist.

Last edited by foolsguinea; Today at 02:47 AM.
Old Today, 03:56 AM
Charter Member

Dominionist probably describes Assemblyman Parson adequately.
Old Today, 05:39 AM

Proposal for the days of the week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolsguinea View Post
Primidi, Duodi, Tridi, Quartidi, Quintidi, Sextidi, Septidi. Very Republican. Of course, there are supposed to be three more in the sequence, but baby steps.
Just as a point of interest: This is very nearly exactly how the days are named in Hebrew. Saturday has a name: Shabat (literally, Sabbath). The other six days are simply numbered: First Day (Sunday), Second Day, through Sixth Day (Friday).
Old Today, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senegoid View Post
Just as a point of interest: This is very nearly exactly how the days are named in Hebrew. Saturday has a name: Shabat (literally, Sabbath). The other six days are simply numbered: First Day (Sunday), Second Day, through Sixth Day (Friday).
The Chinese do the same. Days are [day of the]Week One, Two etc.. and months are Month One, Month Two etc... Workmanlike, but it lacks the certain je-ne-sais-quoi of invoking long forgotten deities and demi-gods. Oh, and two odd megalomaniacs of course (for August and July)
Old Today, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
So, here's something that annoys the shit out of me. Republicans are allowed to openly disdain parts of the United States. Can you imagine the DNC chairperson doing the equivalent of this?
Best to leave that sort of thing to the trained professionals:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. L. Mencken
All the benefit that a New Yorker gets out of Kansas is no more than what he might get out of Saskatchewan, the Argentine pampas, or Siberia. But New York to a Kansan is not only a place where he may get drunk, look at dirty shows and buy bogus antiques; it is also a place where he may enforce his dunghill ideas upon his betters.

Last edited by Steve MB; Today at 09:01 AM.
Old Today, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
As quite a few people are pointing out to her in multiple tweets (although I'm sure she's ignoring them), land doesn't vote, people do.

(Side note: Some of those graphics are pretty awesome.)
Yeah, but if we start counting cows in the census, then we'll see who really holds the power. Heck, if counting a cow as a whole person seems too drastic, maybe we can come to some sort of a compromise. Maybe... I don't know - just pulling a number out of the air at random, maybe a cow could count as three-fifths of a person. Then the joke will be on all you libtards. Real America will rise again.

*) You know, I started this post as a joke, but I think I'm on to something here. Karen! Get me Devin Nunes' cow on the phone... we've got an amendment to write.
Old Today, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQwark View Post
Yeah, but if we start counting cows in the census, then we'll see who really holds the power. Heck, if counting a cow as a whole person seems too drastic, maybe we can come to some sort of a compromise. Maybe... I don't know - just pulling a number out of the air at random, maybe a cow could count as three-fifths of a person. Then the joke will be on all you libtards. Real America will rise again.

*) You know, I started this post as a joke, but I think I'm on to something here. Karen! Get me Devin Nunes' cow on the phone... we've got an amendment to write.
"All those in favor of eliminating the capital gains tax say 'moo'."

"Those opposed."

"The moos have it; the bill passes." <gavel>
Old Today, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The statue of Ceres at the top of the Missouri capitol building was taken down for repairs, and now a Republican state legislator doesn't want it to go back up there because “We serve a mighty God and we have need for no other god(s).”
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...8dd9be92.html?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The headline
Say no to ‘false god’
Um, that would be all of them, Mr. Moon. What? Yours is the one true god? That's exactly what that guy, that guy, and that guy way over there says, too. Prove yours is the one true god. Show your work.
Old Today, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The statue of Ceres at the top of the Missouri capitol building was taken down for repairs, and now a Republican state legislator doesn't want it to go back up there because “We serve a mighty God and we have need for no other god(s).”
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...8dd9be92.html?
Eh, it's just the wrong god, is all. Missouri agriculture isn't doing so well, what with the trade war. Probably needs to be a god that Missouri is benefiting from. Since it's on top of the Missouri capitol building, I'd suggest Mammon, or maybe Cloaca.
Old Today, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Um, that would be all of them, Mr. Moon. What? Yours is the one true god? That's exactly what that guy, that guy, and that guy way over there says, too. Prove yours is the one true god. Show your work.
The team with the most guns gets to say who the One True God is. That's human history.
Old Today, 11:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
,,,,every day shall be known as Godday.,,.
"...You get nothing! Godday, sir! I said, Godday!"
Old Today, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightray View Post
Eh, it's just the wrong god, is all. Missouri agriculture isn't doing so well, what with the trade war. Probably needs to be a god that Missouri is benefiting from. Since it's on top of the Missouri capitol building, I'd suggest Mammon, or maybe Cloaca.
They'd go for Priapus but that would be wishful thinking.
Old Today, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightray View Post
Mr. Moon would probably prefer a statue of Our Lord And Savior, Donald Trump.