Old 05-29-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotheringay-Phipps View Post
I don't think social media profiles are necessarily innocuous. But having 2 TB of them is not a big deal. It's not likely that Mueller has 2 TB of social media profiles each one of which is an different type of proof of guilt, such that when you add up that mountain of evidence you imagine it must be overwhelmingly compelling. It's far more likely that all these profiles are the same type of evidence, and either there's a satisfactory explanation for all of them or there's a satisfactory explanation for none of them. So the fact that there's 2 TB of them versus 500 KB does not add anything.
Chiming in as an eDiscovery analyst: The guy who actually does the social media collection as well as all other forms of electronic discovery.

Typically, when collecting social media, we're basically just printing to a PDF. If that's the case, each profile would only wind up being 10-30MB. That suggests that they have A LOT of downloaded profiles. Most likely fake account after fake account.

Downloading video is typically something that can't be done automatically and is a more manual process. They could have been super detailed and download every video as well which would obviously increase the size of each profile.

If it were me, and I had to collect all this stuff, I'd probably argue for a process that PDFs the profiles and then download one copy of each video (they're probably largely duplicative since they get shared between the accounts) into a repository that could be referenced.

As someone who has experience in FBI cases. Typcially when the government does a document production, they just had over everything they collected. For example, if the FBI seized 5 computers, you'll get 5 disk images as a document production.

That differs from normal litigation during which you weed out all the non-responsive data and only hand over the data that's responsive to the case. When dealing with the government, you have to go through all your stuff and only produce responsive docs to the government while they pretty much just dump stuff on you and you have to figure out what's responsive in there as well.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:54 AM

I'm unclear on whether you're disputing anything I've written, or if so, what.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I'm unclear on whether you're disputing anything I've written, or if so, what.
Nope. Just adding some additional info from an informed perspective.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaptics View Post
To contrast with F-P's uninformed perspective.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
If there's one thing you can't accuse Trump of doing, it's committing reason.

Oh hell ... "reason".

I meant "treason". Damn typos.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
We can't have that here. Post reported.

I'm a computer forensics guy. E-Discovery is something I try to avoid.

BTW, how do you capitalize eDiscovery at the beginning of a sentence? Whatever I do looks wrong.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post

BTW, how do you capitalize eDiscovery at the beginning of a sentence? Whatever I do looks wrong.
Eh, I hate that title. While it describes the majority of our work, we do a lot of things outside of discovery, so I always found it lacking. If it were me, I'd choose something like E-Data even though that's so vague as to be almost meaningless.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Eh, I hate that title. While it describes the majority of our work, we do a lot of things outside of discovery, so I always found it lacking. If it were me, I'd choose something like E-Data even though that's so vague as to be almost meaningless.
Whereabouts are you based? I'm in St. Louis. If our paths cross maybe we can refer work to each other.

(Would've PMed you but looks like you have PMs off.)
Old 05-29-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post

You do not. You spell it as-is. iPhone, for example, is spelled the same at the beginning of a sentence as it is elsewhere, because "IPhone" is simply wrong.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Basically Mueller has some evidence. OK. It's not like he picked these guys out of a phone book. Whether the evidence is enough to convict remains to be seen, and we don't really have any real indication to this point.
Well, it only took a few pages, but you are coming around. I consider it progress!

No shit we don't have any real indication at this point. That's what the trial is for. We are all just speculating. Which is why your belief that Mueller was taken by surprise, or is desperate for more time, or still needs to “get his act together”, is devoid of real credence.

If it goes to trial, we shall see what he has...

(Here is the court docket. I'm not sure if people will get to see it, since I had to log in to look up the case).
Now that I look at it, there is no trial date set. This is clearly an outlier of a case, so the court is asking the parties for a schedule to indicate deadlines for "pretrial motions" (a motion is a request of the court; pretrial motions address admissibility and disclosure of evidence; that's the time when people seek to suppress search warrants or complain about an improper Miranda warning). Here's the latest 'minute order' (dated today, actually):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court docket
MINUTE ORDER. At the May 16, 2018 status conference, the Court directed the parties to meet and confer regarding discovery and the timing of pretrial motions. The government's opposition to defendant Concord Management and Consulting LLC's 11 Motion Pursuant to Rule 6(e)(3)(E)(ii) for In Camera Inspection of Legal Instructions Provided to the Grand Jury Regarding Count One of the Indictment is due on June 1, 2018. The parties also shall submit by June 1, 2018, a joint proposed briefing schedule for the additional pretrial motions that defense counsel identified during the May 16, 2018 status conference and any other pretrial motions that the parties anticipate filing. Upon receipt of the joint proposed schedule, the Court will set a briefing schedule. Signed by Judge Dabney L. Friedrich on May 29, 2018. (JK) (Entered: 05/29/2018)
The aforementioned joint motion, by the way, was granted May 23rd. The next day, the court also granted an unopposed motion for the Defendants for an extension of time to file a Bill of Particulars (this is a filing that requests more detail as to the allegations; what, specifically, did we do, and when?). This is all standard stuff.

Finally, for anybody interested, the charges are (forgive the awkward spacing as I am just cutting and pasting):
Defendant (1)
INTERNET RESEARCH AGENCY LLC
also known as
MEDIASINTEZ LLC
also known as
GLAVSET LLC
also known as
MIXINFO LLC
also known as
AZIMUT LLC
also known as
NOVINFO LLC
Pending Counts
18:371; CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD THE UNITED STATES; Conspiracy to Defraud the United States
(1)
18:1349; CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT BANK AND WIRE FRAUD; Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud and Bank Fraud
(2)
18:1028A(a)(1) and 2; FRAUD WITH IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS; Aggravated Identity Theft
(3-8)

Defendant (2)
CONCORD MANAGEMENT AND CONSULTING LLC
Pending Counts
18:371; CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD THE UNITED STATES; Conspiracy to Defraud the United States
(1)

Defendant (3)
CONCORD CATERING
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (4)
YEVGENIY VIKTOROVICH PRIGOZHIN
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (5)
MIKHAIL IVANOVICH BYSTROV
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (6)
MIKHAIL LEONIDOVICH BURCHIK
also known as
MIKHAIL ABRAMOV
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (7)
ALEKSANDRA YURYEVNA KRYLOVA
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (8)
ANNA VLADISLAVOVNA BOGACHEVA
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (9)
SERGEY PAVLOVICH POLOZOV
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (10)
MARIA ANATOLYEVNA BOVDA
also known as
MARIA ANATOLYEVNA BELYAEVA
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (11)
ROBERT SERGEYEVICH BOVDA
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (12)
DZHEYKHUN NASIMI OGLY ASLANOV
also known as
JAYHOON ASLANOV
also known as
JAY ASLANOV
Pending Counts
(1)
18:1349; CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT BANK AND WIRE FRAUD; Conspiracy to Commit Wire Fraud and Bank Fraud
(2)
18:1028A(a)(1) and 2; FRAUD WITH IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS; Aggravated Identity Theft
(3-8)

Defendant (13)
VADIM VLADIMIROVICH PODKOPAEV
Pending Counts
(1)

Defendant (14)
GLEB IGOREVICH VASILCHENKO
Disposition
(1)
(2)
(3-8)

Defendant (15)
IRINA VIKTOROVNA KAVERZINA
Pending Counts
(1)
(3-8)

Defendant (16)
VLADIMIR VENKOV
Pending Counts
(1)
(3-8)

Last edited by Moriarty; 05-29-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
Well, it only took a few pages, but you are coming around. I consider it progress!
This is dishonest on your part.

I've pointed out earlier that I've never claimed or even implied that Mueller had nothing. If you can find something, in many posts I've posted on the subject, which suggests that Mueller had nothing and was just picking people out of a phone book or the like, then you could make some claim to intellectual honesty. But you can't, and are just taking a cheap shot.

Not that you stand out in this regard from the majority of posters to these threads. But I had thought you were a cut above the rabble. I guess not.

Last edited by Fotheringay-Phipps; 05-29-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
This is dishonest on your part.

I've pointed out earlier that I've never claimed or even implied that Mueller had nothing. If you can find something, in many posts I've posted on the subject, which suggests that Mueller had nothing and was just picking people out of a phone book or the like, then you could make some claim to intellectual honesty. But you can't, and are just taking a cheap shot.
Oh, for fuck's sake. It's the pit.

And I responded to this quote

Quote:
Whether the evidence is enough to convict remains to be seen, and we don't really have any real indication to this point.
with sarcasm and teasing.

Because you had earlier posted

Quote:
...In brief, it looks like Mueller's indictment of the 13 Russians and 3 Russian firms may have been something of a PR stunt...
Old 05-29-2018, 01:46 PM

As a lawyer you would undoubtedly know that there's a huge gap and middle ground between having no evidence at all and having enough evidence to go to trial and convict. So saying a prosecutor was not prepared to go to trial because they didn't expect to need to do that, and that their indictment therefore "may have been something of a PR stunt" is not at all the same as saying there was no evidence at all and that the defendants had been randomly chosen based on nothing at all.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

New Filing: Feds to get 1,025,000 pieces of evidence tomorrow, all resulting from the April Cohen raid.

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status...483820033?s=19
Old 05-30-2018, 01:02 AM

Did this get noted?
Quote:
A judge says special counsel Robert Mueller is correct to withhold certain information being demanded by lawyers for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Mueller’s lawyers had redacted information from two affidavits used to get search warrants in the Manafort investigation.

They said the information was withheld because it fell into two categories: names of confidential sources and details about ongoing investigations unrelated to the cases pending against Manafort, who is awaiting trial in Virginia and Washington.

Judge Amy Berman Jackson said in an order Tuesday that she had privately reviewed the two affidavits in question and agreed with Mueller’s team that they didn’t have to reveal the un-redacted information to Manafort’s lawyers.
And
Quote:
The case of a California man who pleaded guilty in special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation is moving closer to sentencing.

It’s a sign that that aspect of the Mueller investigation may be drawing to a close. Prosecutors filed a similar motion last week in the case of George Papadopoulos, a Trump campaign aide who pleaded guilty last year to lying to investigators.

In a court filing Tuesday, prosecutors and defense lawyers say they’re ready to start the process of sentencing Richard Pinedo, who pleaded guilty in February to selling bank accounts to Russians.

The filing asks a judge to refer the case for the preparation of a pre-sentence report, a critical step in the sentencing process.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:12 AM

The AP posted this about an hour ago, so near 10pm PDT: Judge readies for update on Trump personal lawyer probe:
Quote:
Barbara Jones said in a letter filed in federal court Tuesday that lawyers for the personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, and attorneys for Trump and the Trump Organization have designated more than 250 items as subject to the privilege. She said the material includes data from a video recorder.

The letter to U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood preceded a hearing scheduled for Wednesday.

Jones said more than a million pieces of data from three of Cohen’s phones are ready to be given to criminal prosecutors, and more than 12,000 pages of documents from eight boxes that survived attorney-client privilege scrutiny already have been given back to prosecutors. More than a dozen electronic devices were seized or copied in the raids, and Jones said she has not yet received data from three seized items.

Jones said data being reviewed has included various forms of electronic communications and documents typically associated with mobile devices and computer usage.
250 items subject to privilege. And over a million not. OMFG.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
The AP posted this about an hour ago, so near 10pm PDT: Judge readies for update on Trump personal lawyer probe:250 items subject to privilege. And over a million not. OMFG.
Well, it's been widely speculated that Cohen hadn't been doing much of anything in the "lawyering" category--just in the "fixer" category, which isn't subject to attorney-client privilege. So this makes sense.

Little Mikey knows a ton about what little Donny has been up to. And plenty of that knowledge will be reflected in those piles of documents.

How many crimes?

And in what words will Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan say "those crimes don't matter"....???

Thread on my books (inexpensive gifts!) https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=866609
Old 05-30-2018, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
And in what words will Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan say "those crimes don't matter"....???
Quack quack But Hillary quack quack ...
Old 05-30-2018, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Quack quack But Hillary quack quack ...
Yep. Or “buttery mails.”
Old 05-30-2018, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

About that ...
Quote:
President Donald Trump uses a White House cellphone that isn’t equipped with sophisticated security features designed to shield his communications, according to two senior administration officials — a departure from the practice of his predecessors that potentially exposes him to hacking or surveillance.
While aides have urged the president to swap out the Twitter phone on a monthly basis, Trump has resisted their entreaties, telling them it was “too inconvenient,” the same administration official said.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
It's okay when Republicans do it.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Charter Member

Then again, such could be used for both good and evil...

Hey, if Trump can encourage hacking, so can I...
Old 05-30-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaper View Post
Then again, such could be used for both good and evil...

Hey, if Trump can encourage hacking, so can I...
I cannot help but suspect that Trump does not use secure passwords.

I've tried.
I cannot help it.
I just suspect it whenever the thought crosses my mind
Old 05-31-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
It's okay when Republicans do it.
If you want to get pedantic, and the defenders will, it is legal for the President to declassify anything. The Secretary of State doesn't have that authority.

If someone argues that, they would have to not care about giving away sensitive information, only that the letter of the law is followed.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotX View Post
I cannot help but suspect that Trump does not use secure passwords.

I've tried.
I cannot help it.
I just suspect it whenever the thought crosses my mind
His password is probably MAGA.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
How about covfefe? Vladimir? D8Ivanka?
Old 05-31-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
How about covfefe? Vladimir? D8Ivanka?
Come on, guys, he's so narcissistic, his password's obviously "TRUMP!" (which the exclamation point to get past where he needs a special character)!

Last edited by Celidin; 05-31-2018 at 09:14 AM. Reason: exclamation != explanation
Old 05-31-2018, 09:28 AM

Of course, nobody should try to actually hack into his accounts. I would imagine that if you succeeded, you would be caught and prosecuted. You might even be caught if you try.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post
If you want to get pedantic, and the defenders will, it is legal for the President to declassify anything. The Secretary of State doesn't have that authority.

If someone argues that, they would have to not care about giving away sensitive information, only that the letter of the law is followed.
While ignoring that this president, in all likelihood, doesn't bother to officially declassify anything until after the fact, if ever.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 05-31-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Of course, nobody should try to actually hack into his accounts. I would imagine that if you succeeded, you would be caught and prosecuted. You might even be caught if you try.
I look forward to seeing Putin locked up in Leavenworth for that.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I look forward to seeing Putin locked up in Leavenworth for that.
He probably already has a pardon for his buddy Vlad all filled out and ready to sign.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post
If you want to get pedantic, and the defenders will, it is legal for the President to declassify anything. The Secretary of State doesn't have that authority...
Actually, while the President is vested with classification authority, the President can delegate that authority. Executive Order 13526, signed by Obama in 2009, delegates this authority to agency heads (like the Secretary of State).

Quote:
ec. 1.3. Classification Authority.
(a) The authority to classify information
originally may be exercised only by:
(1) the President and the Vice President;
(2) agency heads and officials designated by the President; and
(3) United States Government officials delegated this authority pursuant to paragraph (c) of this section.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Actually, while the President is vested with classification authority, the President can delegate that authority. Executive Order 13526, signed by Obama in 2009, delegates this authority to agency heads (like the Secretary of State).
So you're saying Clinton could just say those emails are declassified, and nothing bad ever actually happened?
Old 05-31-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisquirrel View Post
So you're saying Clinton could just say those emails are declassified, and nothing bad ever actually happened?
No, no, no. Of course not. When Democrats do it it's bad. A crime, even. Possibly treason. A hangin' offense.

Understand now?
Old 05-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
No, no, no. Of course not. When Democrats do it it's bad. A crime, even. Possibly treason. A hangin' offense.

Understand now?
Have I told you lately that I love you?
Old 05-31-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
Have I told you lately that I love you?
Awww shucks... <digs toe in the ground>
Old 05-31-2018, 11:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
You're assuming he bothers with a password at all -- such a stupid useless bother, why even have one slowing you down when the latest rage-tweet is hot to trot?
Old 06-01-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyTeddyFreddy View Post
You're assuming he bothers with a password at all -- such a stupid useless bother, why even have one slowing you down when the latest rage-tweet is hot to trot?
his password is password - because thats what the box told him to put in - and its 'remembered' since he can't bother to type it in.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Classification authority is different than declassification authority.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:40 AM

And the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
Classification authority is different than declassification authority.
Fair enough. The same order also discusses declassification.

Quote:
Sec. 3.1. Authority for Declassification. (a) Information shall be declassified as soon as it no longer meets the standards for classification under this order.
(b) Information shall be declassified or downgraded by:
(1) the official who authorized the original classification, if that official is still serving in the same position and has original classification authority;
(2) the originator’s current successor in function, if that individual has original classification authority;
(3) a supervisory official of either the originator or his or her successor in function, if the supervisory official has original classification authority; or (4) officials delegated declassification authority in writing by the agency head or the senior agency official of the originating agency.
(c) The Director of National Intelligence (or, if delegated by the Director of National Intelligence, the Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence) may, with respect to the Intelligence Community, after consultation with the head of the originating Intelligence Community element or department, declassify, downgrade, or direct the declassification or downgrading of information or intelligence relating to intelligence sources, methods, or activities.
I think she could still declassify State Department stuff, I guess.

If I understand it correctly, the real controversy with regards to the classification system is the fact that different departments have their own authority, so something not classified by, for example, the State Department, could still be classified by, for example, the Defense Department. I believe that the controversy surrounding Clinton was a lot of second guessing by other people in other departments; much of the speculation in articles came from "intelligence officials", for example.

(And over classification is a huge problem in government)

Ultimately, though, she might as well as be dead and gone, as far as politics go. I truly believe that the only people who want to keep her alive in political discussions are Republicans who need their various "scary libruls" to fire up the base. So I'll say no more, except to note that Trump doesn't give a fuck about maintaining security now that it's inconvenient for him to do so.

Last edited by Moriarty; 06-01-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
So I'll say no more, except to note that Trump doesn't give a fuck about maintaining security now that it's inconvenient for him to do so.
ISTM that the actual picture is a bit more complex - and simultaneously also a bit simpler, oddly - than this.

I highly doubt if Trump could articulate exactly what it is that HRC did which endangered national security. I think he has some very vague idea that it had to do with emails and a server, but that's probably about it. (At least on a regular basis - it's possible that he's seen a Fox show on the subject within the last half hour that he might be able to add a bit more detail.) So he's consistently concerned about national security in the sense that he genuinely believes his foggy notion that HRC did VERY BAD stuff which ENDANGERED NATIONAL SECURITY. By contrast, his own actions seem benign to him, and don't seem to be endangering national security as far as he can tell, and who would know better?

Of course, all the above just relates to the extent to which Trump is a hypocrite. For everyone else it's kind of moot, because no one should be basing their opinion on what is or isn't a national security concern on anything Trump thinks, obviously.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
And the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
We both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
We both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.
Yes. Now go lying down on the bottom of the quarry and we throw some stones on you.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Message received, compadre... the pigeon poops on the highway to the danger zone.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneBill View Post
Yes. Now go lying down on the bottom of the quarry and we throw some stones on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Message received, compadre... the pigeon poops on the highway to the danger zone.
CurtC totally fucking rocks! Everyone else gets a tepid and obviously disappointed "attaboy" for their contribution.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 06-01-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Oh, by the way, let's talk about Jared Kushner's friend Rick Gerson:
Quote:
Richard Gerson, a hedge-fund manager in New York, was in the Seychelles in January 2017, less than two weeks before President Donald Trump's inauguration and around the time Trump associate Erik Prince secretly met with Russian and United Arab Emirates officials, including Crown Prince Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan of Abu Dhabi, four of the people said.

While in the remote Indian Ocean island nation, Gerson met with Prince Mohammed — also known by his initials as MBZ — and communicated with a Lebanese-American businessman with close ties to the UAE, George Nader, who had organized the Erik Prince meeting, according to text messages Gerson sent at the time and a person familiar with the meeting.

Gerson had met Nader just weeks earlier when Trump officials, including Kushner, gathered for a secret meeting with MBZ at a Four Seasons hotel in New York, four people familiar with the meeting said. Trump's incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn and chief political adviser Steve Bannon, as well as the UAE's ambassador to the U.S., Yousef Otaiba, also attended the meeting.

Gerson's presence in the Seychelles and at the Four Seasons meeting has not been previously reported.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
CurtC totally fucking rocks! Everyone else gets a tepid and obviously disappointed "attaboy" for their contribution.
It's really the only sensible thing to do. If its done safely, therapeutically, there's no danger involved.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:00 PM

Put the Airplane! down and look at this:

Quote:
Of course, nobody should try to actually hack into his accounts.
Looks as though someone might be doing just that:

Quote:
Signs of sophisticated cell-phone spying found near White House, say U.S. officials

“This admission from DHS bolsters my concern about stingrays and other spying devices being used to spy on Americans’ phones,” [Senator Ron] Wyden said in a statement on Thursday. “Given the reports of rogue spying devices being identified near the White House and other government facilities, I fear that foreign intelligence services could target the president and other senior officials.”
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/0...hnology-found/

Thread on my books (inexpensive gifts!) https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=866609
Old 06-01-2018, 08:35 PM

All of this concern about cell-spying devices assumes he's not deliberately giving Putin classified info. I'm not convinced he's actually working as an agent, witting or unwitting, but I'm not convinced he's not, either.