Old 02-09-2020, 02:17 PM
Doltish Snackhound
Charter Member

New Series in my Urban Fantasy Universe

I've posted updates for a while now about my Alastair Stone Chronicles urban fantasy series, which is ongoing and up to book 20.

I'm starting a new series set in the same universe, called "Happenstance and Bron." It's set in Los Angeles instead of the Bay Area, and has a somewhat lighter vibe than the main series. Here's the blurb for the first book, THE SOUL ENGINE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soul Engine

Be Careful What You Wish For...
Nick Morgan knows there’s no magic in the world, no matter how much he wants to believe. Magic is for suckers—but fortunately for his job as a sham fortune teller to Hollywood’s fading stars, there are plenty of those around.

When somebody starts peddling a new miracle beauty potion to the town’s never-ending supply of wannabe actors, Nick’s suspicious—but his suspicion becomes terror when it turns the niece of his best client horrifically ugly and kills her right in front of his eyes.

While tracking down the source of the potion, Nick encounters Bron, a mysterious young woman who’s as troubled about the stuff as he is. But as he joins forces with her to investigate, Nick is about to learn some shocking truths—not just about the potion, but about his own history.

The Soul Engine is the first book in an exciting new urban fantasy series set in the world of the Amazon-bestselling Alastair Stone Chronicles. You don't need to be familiar with the Stone Chronicles to enjoy Happenstance and Bron.

If you like sharp, fast-paced urban fantasy that proves men and women can be buddies without becoming lovers, check it out today!

The book is up for preorder now, for a February 18 release. The paperback should be available the same day, and the audiobook shortly afterward.