Old 02-15-2020, 12:43 PM

Whenever I have to measure flour out of the bag, I put the bag in the sink to catch the inevitable spillage that will occur. Makes cleanup much easier.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nars Glinley View Post
Whenever I have to measure flour out of the bag, I put the bag in the sink to catch the inevitable spillage that will occur. Makes cleanup much easier.
That works (and is what I've done for ages), but I've also recently discovered how nice it is to have a flour tin/canister around. Dump it all in there, throw out the bag, and you're good to go.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
That works (and is what I've done for ages), but I've also recently discovered how nice it is to have a flour tin/canister around. Dump it all in there, throw out the bag, and you're good to go.
Yeah if you bake with any regularity this is the way to go, a nice big one with a really big mouth. I like a big clear square Cambro.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:05 AM

Buy a couple foaming soap dispensers, when one is empty donít go looking to buy a refill, just put a few squirts of liquid soap and some water in it and there you go foaming soap at your fingertips.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:47 AM

That rubbery shelf liner? I cut it to size and put it on a light, slightly tilted little moveable table to hold things on. My laptop or tablet, a big cumbersome book, a coloring book, various arts and crafts..... I also cut a square and fasten to an empty binder , and so hold my laptop or book on my lap when using it or reading out on the deck or in bed. Inside I keep some paper with passwords, things to look up again, notes to self..... (not to mention a leftover strip makes a fine jar opener).

Last edited by salinqmind; 03-01-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:02 AM

My elderly cat has a bad stomach. He is a puker, a daily puker (thankfully we have hardwood floors and no rugs). He used to run down in the basement to heave, but he's too old and frail to do that now, so....anyway, I keep a coffee can stuffed with lightly used paper towels and a supply of bread bags, produce bags, old plastic grocery bags. Drop a couple of paper towels over the mess and let sit 5-10 minutes. Put the bag over your hand and scoop up the paper towel which has, hopefully, absorbed most of the mess. grab it, turn inside out, and toss it all in the trash. (pick up any small bits or smears left with a tissue.)

Last edited by salinqmind; 03-01-2020 at 11:03 AM.