Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2019, 07:01 PM

Being in 'close quarters' (they're not that close) at work is NOT an excuse for constantly deciding that you need to reach past me to get things while I'm engaged in dealing with someone else, open drawers and cabinets into me because you need to get into them RIGHT NOW and can't wait to ask me if you can do so without bumping into me and constantly making unwanted, unexpected physical contact with me from behind.

Yes, when I'm talking with someone and doing my job and someone is suddenly pressing against my back and their arm is reaching past my rib cage to grab something, it makes me uncomfortable. When a drawer is suddenly slammed into my hip - twice in ten minutes, it makes me uncomfortable and angry.

GET. THE. FUCK. OFF. OF. ME.

When I say that this unwanted physical contact makes me very uncomfortable and at a certain point makes me angry, the correct, professional response is NOT to declare that you need to do these things and get angry and pissy with ME for complaining about it, constantly muttering under your breath and looking at me in anger.

The fact that you're both a woman and an assistant manager and you can't figure out that you're the bad guy here, not me, and trying me make me your enemy is the real problem. You could have just accepted that your incessant invading of my personal space is making me uncomfortable and apologized for it. Maybe you could even realize that if the situation were reversed and you complained about it, you would expect me to be contrite and apologetic, not turn into an angry asshole like you're doing.

No, I'm not 'overly sensitive' in not wanting to have people constantly coming up behind me, bumping into me, touching me, reaching through my personal space and/or opening drawers and cabinets into me. You don't need to be doing this.