Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2019, 01:43 AM
Charter Member

Tomorrow I shall be homeless.

Well, technically anyway. I'll still have a roof of sorts over my head if that counts.

Long story, I live with my daughter and grandsons, we are originally from Vic Australia. Four-odd months ago she was offered a wunnerful job by her company, but 4,500 km away, in WA Australia. Great salary, conditions, yada yada. A week before the probation period was up, she was told her position was terminated. Well, fuck.

So tonight is our last night in our apartment. The removalists come tomorrow to pack our stuff and move it back to the east coast, so we're going from the desert to the tropical rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef now.

And while our stuff is going overland and will take at least 4 weeks to get there, we're going via Bali because it's cheaper and fuck, it's Bali innit?

But we don't have a house to move into over there in FNQ as yet. Real estate agents over here in Aus don't like people doing online applications for properties they haven't looked at...so we get back to FNQ in early Dec, and THEN we look for a house to rent.

So yeah, on one hand it's HOLIDAY TIME. On the other, it's WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING??

But no worries, she'll be right, mate.

Last edited by kambuckta; 11-07-2019 at 01:46 AM.