Old 06-21-2019, 02:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
This implies that Trump has guile. Trump is guileless. And too stupid to know the meaning of the word.
I wish people would stop saying things like this. Underestimate your adversary at your own peril. Trump seems to be a narcissist, a bully, an authoritarian, a vulgarian. He is indecisive, a waffler, highly reactive and thin-skinned and no, I don't think he is a deep thinker or particularly well-educated on...well...most things.

But Trump is also con-man and a swindler of a businessman and you don't succeed at those things unless you have some guile. If he lacks anything, it is probably not that. Native cleverness, animal cunning, the ability to read a room - whatever you want to call it, Trump has that. He is also not an idiot. Brilliant? Hardly. A drooling moron? Not that, either. He's probably of average or a bit above average intelligence, with many, many blind spots but also some native ability as above.

Last edited by Tamerlane; 06-21-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:06 PM

Well, he's proven one thing. He's above average in intelligence when compared to his supporters.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post

Yes. More things that are planned. Add it to the pile.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
Yes. More things that are planned. Add it to the pile.
I think we could eventually get there, but I want to see more public support for an impeachment before starting the proceedings. What I don't want is for him and his supporters to say that the economy was fine until we started impeachment. I mean they'll say that anyway, but I don't want him to be able to even remotely make that case to independent voters.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:42 AM

Just look at this wonderful picture. I think the boxing gloves on the dresser are a nice inclusion.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1UL216
(Pelosi/Ocasio-Cortez meeting)
Old 07-27-2019, 08:37 AM

"With a month of victories, Pelosi shows who holds the reins in a fractious House"
https://wapo.st/2GxFset
Quote:
The House was already well on its way to passing a crucial budget agreement Thursday when Speaker Nancy Pelosi pulled aside Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer in a hallway outside the chamber.

Democrats had already cast 216 votes for the bill, Pelosi told Hoyer. But two more votes would send a message: that the party was so united, it could pass a compromise negotiated with President Trump and Republicans with an absolute majority of the House.

Moments after Hoyer walked onto the floor, three more Democrats voted for the bill — including two members of the liberal “Squad” of newly elected women — vividly demonstrating that despite the frequent turmoil in their ranks, Pelosi and her leadership team stand in firm control of House Democrats.

Pelosi (D-Calif.) told reporters afterward that she wanted to make a statement about her caucus’s unity, and at a news conference Friday, she held forth on her leadership of a rambunctious group.

“I consider myself a weaver,” she said, “just at the loom just making all of those threads come together in the boldest possible way.”
WTG, Nancy! Unity, or at least a show of unity, among Dems is critical right now.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Suspended

Nice!