Old 08-29-2019, 10:01 PM

And boy.

Last edited by dropzone; 08-29-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:18 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bret-...b0cdfe05704bf5

Jesus Holy Christ. Will this be enough for the NY Times to fire Stephens, the most persecuted man in the history of the human race?

We can only hope.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 08-31-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Lindsey Graham wants to put Obama under oath to find out what he knew about the investigation into Individual 1's ties with Russia.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ins/ar-AAGvoLv
Imagine the howls from Republicans when Obama invokes executive privilege.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:58 PM

or, “Sorry, that's classified.”
Old 09-03-2019, 08:57 AM

I think we need a thread for right wing Facebook memes. Here's a pisser: "DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT CHILDREN IN "CAGES" AT THE BORDER IF YOU WON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT CHILDREN IN GARBAGE CANS AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD". Fuck that shit with a red hot poker. Because I don't share your views on abortion then I don't get to be outraged about government sanctioned child abuse? And because you're against abortion then your supposed moral superiority gives you license to ignore inhumanity against children and put "cages" in scare quotes to minimize it's horror? Fuck you assholes who share this shit.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Lindsey Graham wants to put Obama under oath to find out what he knew about the investigation into Individual 1's ties with Russia.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ins/ar-AAGvoLv
Good idea. "Donald Trump has his head far up Vladimir Putin's ass he can taste whether last night's borscht was too salty. Next question?"
Old 09-03-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Door View Post
Good idea. "Donald Trump has his head far up Vladimir Putin's ass he can taste whether last night's borscht was too salty. Next question?"
Not true!

It was last night's Beluga caviar...
Old 09-03-2019, 10:41 AM

Mike Pence Goes 3 Hours Out Of His Way To Stay At Trump’s Irish Golf Resort
Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence is staying at Donald Trump’s Doonbeg luxury golf course in Ireland even though he has official meetings in Dublin across the country a three-hour drive away.

Not to worry, because he’ll be able to fly back and forth on the taxpayer’s tab.
Pence aide defends stay at Trump property in Ireland
Quote:
Marc Short, Pence’s chief of staff, told reporters aboard Air Force Two on Tuesday that the decision to stay at Trump International Golf Links in Doonbeg was made at Trump’s “suggestion” and that Pence and his entourage will not be staying for free.

But Short said Pence’s office followed official protocol and received State Department sign-off, adding that the club is the “one facility” in the Doonbeg area that can accommodate a group of their size.

Pence, who is traveling with his wife, mother and sister, coincidentally has deep families ties to the village of Doonbeg and visited with the area with his children in 2013.

He had originally planned to visit the village at the end of his trip, but his staff scrambled to reshuffle the schedule after Trump canceled his planned visit to Poland and asked Pence to take his place.

Short said advance teams and Secret Service had already done weeks of planning work to secure the site, so they decided to keep the Doonbeg plan in place and commute by plane into Dublin for meetings Tuesday, including coffee with Irish President Michael Higgins and lunch with Irish Taoiseach Leo Varadkar and his partner.
Is it just me, or does that story not make a whole lot of sense?
Old 09-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Of course Pence and entourage "will not be staying for free". The whole point is to funnel taxpayer money to Trump's businesses.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:49 AM

If they were staying for free, we wouldn't mind so much.

-God
Old 09-03-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bret-...b0cdfe05704bf5

Jesus Holy Christ. Will this be enough for the NY Times to fire Stephens, the most persecuted man in the history of the human race?

We can only hope.
(I'd never even heard of Stephens.) What snowflakes these macho right-wingers are! "Bedbug." Can you imagine the shock and fear? Did he have to change his diapers after he read that insult? Meanwhile AOC receives death threats.

I liked the video at the link, reminding me that AOC, whatever her faults, is a true American hero.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
Of course Pence and entourage "will not be staying for free". The whole point is to funnel taxpayer money to Trump's businesses.
Ted Lieu on Twitter:
"Also, I hope you don't encounter bedbugs. Many people say there are lots of bedbugs at Trump properties."

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Last edited by bobot; 09-03-2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: screwed up link
Old 09-03-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrate View Post
The dotard is even a second-rate criminal. Can you imagine how easy it would be for this traitor, with the huge power he has now, to get billions funneled to secret accounts? Yet instead he nickels-and-dimes the taxpayer on hotel fees.

I was especially impressed when the N.Y. State Attorney revealed that Donald Junior's $7 Boy Scout membership was paid by Trump Foundation as a "charitable donation." Forget the illegality — most of the NYC's flim-flam developers are crooks, I hear — just focus on the pettiness. Seven dollars! Less than real billionaires tipped their last bartender. But Trump has to get his charity to pay it out.

When the story of this abomination is written decades from now, biographers will marvel at how fortunate the U.S. was! Such a horrid brutish hateful and sinful man who did huge damage to the U.S.A. and to the world. But think of how much worse it might have been if the dolt had a 100+ IQ, or had more emotional maturity than a nine year old.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
I was especially impressed when the N.Y. State Attorney revealed that Donald Junior's $7 Boy Scout membership was paid by Trump Foundation as a "charitable donation." Forget the illegality — most of the NYC's flim-flam developers are crooks, I hear — just focus on the pettiness. Seven dollars! Less than real billionaires tipped their last bartender. But Trump has to get his charity to pay it out.
We're talking about someone who bothered to cash a 13 cent check.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
The dotard is even a second-rate criminal. Can you imagine how easy it would be for this traitor, with the huge power he has now, to get billions funneled to secret accounts? Yet instead he nickels-and-dimes the taxpayer on hotel fees.
Don't put it past him to also be profiting by pocketing government money 'under the table,' so to speak. Those immigrant detention centers? They're run by private, for-profit companies. And FEMA contracts private companies for aid and reconstruction during and after national disasters. A lot of money moving around and a lot of chances for some of it to be skimmed by the contractors. And they'd probably want to show their gratitude to the administration somehow...
Old 09-03-2019, 01:41 PM

"Pence had, until this week, mostly stayed above questions of financial improprieties, having only been tangentially involved in Trump property-related incidents that appeared to raise issues of corruption (his brother, Rep. Greg Pence (R-IN) has spent more than $43,000 at Trump hotels, and the vice president himself has addressed groups that have rented space at Trump properties).
Trump also stayed at the hotel during his visit to Ireland; he tried to have a meeting with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar there in May, but Varadkar refused, leading the two heads of state to meet in an Ireland airport instead. "

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ay-trump-hotel
Old 09-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

Louisiana Rep. Ralph Abraham (R-LA) congressman’s pharmacies sold 1.5 million opioids to towns with population of 6,000 people:
Quote:
From 2006 to 2017, the Republican congressman’s businesses, Clinic Pharmacy, and Adams Clinic Pharmacy in Mangham and Winnsboro respectively, sold 1,478,236 doses of powerful opioids to a tiny population of people. The Winnsboro pharmacy, in particular, saw a 67 percent increase in opioid filings over six years, the data shows.
Abraham is now seeking the governor’s seat in Louisiana.
Old 09-03-2019, 07:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

bobot @40216: Jesus. The vulgarian could have skipped a lot of bad publicity by just comping Pence and his entourage for a couple nights. But the hundred grand or so in his pockets was too important to him, and besides, this will all be forgotten over the next few days’ new atrocities.

Anyway, I hope Bill Barr gets lots of bedbugs in his soup plate, and Pence brings home a suitcase-full with him.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
The top job at FDA is open, isn't it? Sounds like the perfect candidate for that.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:25 AM
Charter Member

Moscow Mitch "absolutely" would hold a vote on a Supreme Court nominee next year, because fuck you, that's why.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
Moscow Mitch "absolutely" would hold a vote on a Supreme Court nominee next year, because fuck you, that's why.

Quote:
"There was nothing I did that was, would not have been done had the shoe been on the other foot had there been a … Republican president and a Democratic Senate."

Ah, the GOP version of the Golden Rule - "Do unto other as they would do unto you, but do it first!"
Old 09-04-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Ah, the GOP version of the Golden Rule - "Do unto other as they would do unto you, but do it first!"
It's a tactic I like to call "preemptive retaliation".
Old 09-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Do unto others what you know they'd do unto you because you'd totally do it unto them.

Last edited by 74westy; 09-04-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: not enough archaic language
Old 09-05-2019, 07:56 AM

Win-win!

Trump Interior Official Who Pushed Arctic Drilling Joins Oil Company In Alaska
Quote:
A top U.S. Department of the Interior appointee who pushed to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil leasing is taking a job with an oil company seeking to develop a major project in Alaska.

Joe Balash, an assistant secretary at the department who oversaw the Bureau of Land Management, left his job last week. On Wednesday he announced his new position as senior vice president for external affairs with Oil Search, a Papua New Guinea-based company that first expanded into Alaska in 2017.

At the Interior Department, he's been an advocate for the Trump administration's strategy of "energy dominance," pushing to open more federal lands to drilling in the Arctic Refuge and in the National Petroleum Reserve - Alaska.

Oil Search is advancing a project called the Pikka development on Alaska's North Slope, which could ultimately produce as many as 120,000 barrels of oil a day, boosting the total amount of oil extracted in the state by about one-fourth. The project is 100 miles west of the Arctic Refuge on state- and privately-owned land, not federal land, though the company had to secure a federal wetlands permit from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

Balash said he would abide by a Trump administration ethics pledge that, for five years, blocks high-level appointees from lobbying the agency where they worked.

Environmental organizations quickly blasted Balash for accepting a job in the oil industry.

"Throughout his time at Interior, Joe Balash spearheaded efforts to suppress science, ignore indigenous rights and sell off the Arctic Refuge for drilling at all costs," the Sierra Club's Lena Moffitt said in a statement. "Now, he's shamelessly seeking to profit from this destruction while the American people and our public lands pay the price."

Balash is only the latest Trump administration official to raise questions about ties to the industry he was appointed to regulate. Earlier this year, former Environmental Protection Agency administrator Scott Pruitt was hired by an Indiana coal mining company to lobby against plant closures there. His replacement, Andrew Wheeler, spent time lobbying for coal, chemical and uranium companies. And David Bernhardt, the current Interior secretary, is a former oil industry lobbyist.
I had to laugh out loud when I read the phrase "Trump administration ethics pledge."
Old 09-05-2019, 08:51 AM

It goes like this: I pledge to shit on the concept of ethics.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

This one, very local to my town, but deliciously stupid nonetheless.

Near our high school there is a railroad bridge with the underpass having been painted with a mural. This mural was very old and damaged, so a couple of high schoolers requested and received permission from NJ Transit to paint a new mural. Their theme was "never again" and depicted silhouettes of school kids with hands up and targets on their backs. It's a bit dark, despite the addition of flowers and bright colors.

The Republican angle is that our local Republican Club is demanding "equal time" for "another point of view". I'm not entirely sure what the alternate view is for a mural that is anti school shootings, but they want it. Apparently, they want the mural to depict Chicago's murder statistics, because that's both an effective rebuttal to the idea of having no school shootings anymore, and is relevant to suburban NJ.

Linkie
Old 09-06-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post
This one, very local to my town, but deliciously stupid nonetheless.

Near our high school there is a railroad bridge with the underpass having been painted with a mural. This mural was very old and damaged, so a couple of high schoolers requested and received permission from NJ Transit to paint a new mural. Their theme was "never again" and depicted silhouettes of school kids with hands up and targets on their backs. It's a bit dark, despite the addition of flowers and bright colors.

The Republican angle is that our local Republican Club is demanding "equal time" for "another point of view". I'm not entirely sure what the alternate view is for a mural that is anti school shootings, but they want it. Apparently, they want the mural to depict Chicago's murder statistics, because that's both an effective rebuttal to the idea of having no school shootings anymore, and is relevant to suburban NJ.

Linkie

These Republicans are taking "shit for brains" to a level hitherto undreamed of. That will be their legacy.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
We're talking about someone who bothered to cash a 13 cent check.
I'm far from a millionaire, let alone a billionaire, but I frequently receive tiny checks due to stock dividends or whatever. I don't make a special effort to deposit them, but if I have other checks to go in my bank account, I'll bring them at the same time. Otherwise, they'll eventually go into some "abandoned funds" account and will be a bigger hassle.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
It's a tactic I like to call "preemptive retaliation".
About 15 years ago, the comic Non Sequitur by Wiley had a guy sitting in a jail cell, telling another guy "Apparently when you or I do it, it's called "felonious assault'." This was back when GWB had started using the phrase "pre-emptive strike" when referring to his plans to start an Iraq war but escape responsibility for it.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:01 PM

Right wing radio host wants Andrew Yang to go back where he came from. He's from New York.
https://www.newsweek.com/racism-andr...terson-1457984
Old 09-06-2019, 04:20 PM

A right winger sent threats to kill immigrants to the Texas Attorney General for months, and he never bothered to notify the local authorities.
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-shoot...olicy-1457936?

Last edited by Rick Kitchen; 09-06-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:33 AM

Arizona GOP boss: Stop Senate candidate ‘dead in his tracks’!

The Senate candidate in question is Mark Kelly, husband of former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in the head back in 2011.
Quote:
The email sent Thursday by Arizona GOP Chairman Kelli Ward highlighted his advocacy for gun control, a cause the retired astronaut took on after his wife and then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords survived a 2011 shooting in Tucson that killed six and injured more than a dozen.

“Support the Republican Party of Arizona today and, together, we’ll stop gun-grabber Mark Kelly dead in his tracks,” Ward wrote.
Some folks took exception to Mrs. Ward's rhetoric:
Quote:
“This dangerous rhetoric has absolutely no place in Arizona and is what’s wrong with our politics,” said Jacob Peters, a Kelly spokesman. “Mark Kelly is running for Senate to overcome this type of nasty divisiveness that does nothing for Arizonans.”
But of course, Mrs. Ward is the real victim here:
Quote:
Ward defended her email on Twitter and blasted journalists for reporting on the controversy. She said she doesn’t wish Kelly any harm.

“Dishonest stories like this are dangerous and irresponsible!” she wrote.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-07-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Arizona GOP boss: Stop Senate candidate ‘dead in his tracks’!

The Senate candidate in question is Mark Kelly, husband of former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in the head back in 2011.Some folks took exception to Mrs. Ward's rhetoric:But of course, Mrs. Ward is the real victim here::
Quote:
Ward defended her email on Twitter and blasted journalists for reporting on the controversy. She said she doesn’t wish Kelly any harm.

“Dishonest stories like this are dangerous and irresponsible!” she wrote.
Tell ya what, Ms Ward. Let’s see the journalists parse their reading of how your email was dangerous and irresponsible, while you parse how their reporting of it was dangerous and irresponsible.

Then we can see whose parsing took fewer steps to make sense, and decide the question that way.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:23 PM

Laura Ingraham stuffed a beef steak with light bulbs and drank it with plastic straws to "trigger the libs".
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/laura...b0fde50c2740cd
Old 09-08-2019, 01:13 AM

Did y'all see this? Manager: Trump family building ‘dynasty’ for decades to come!
Quote:
President Donald Trump’s campaign manager predicted Saturday that the president and his family will become “a dynasty that will last for decades,” transforming the Republican Party while hewing to conservative values.

Speaking to a convention of Republican Party delegates in Indian Wells, California, Brad Parscale also said the campaign’s goal is to build a national army of 2 million trained volunteers, far beyond the president’s 2016 organization, that in California could help the GOP retake a string of U.S. House seats captured by Democrats last year.

“The Trumps will be a dynasty that will last for decades, propelling the Republican Party into a new party,” he said. “One that will adapt to changing cultures. One must continue to adapt while keeping the conservative values that we believe in.”

Parscale later declined to elaborate on his prediction of a coming Trump “dynasty,” or whether the president’s children could become candidates for public office.

He told reporters after the speech, “I just think they are a dynasty. I think they are all amazing people with ... amazing capabilities.”
Old 09-08-2019, 02:17 AM
Sluice Gate Tender, FCD #3
Charter Member

Have Brad Parscale and Baghdad Bob ever been seen in the same room?
Old 09-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Laura Ingraham stuffed a beef steak with light bulbs and drank it with plastic straws to "trigger the libs".
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/laura...b0fde50c2740cd
That's too over-the-top ridiculous to be effective satire, but I do appreciate the production values in the video clip. I wonder how they got permission to use the actual graphics from the show, and found an impersonator who's such a dead ringer for Laura Ingraham?
Old 09-09-2019, 02:19 PM

The G.O.P.’s War on Women’s Health Gets Results
Quote:
The Trump administration’s recent efforts to undermine the nation’s Title X family planning program are already having their intended effect, making it harder for women’s health clinics to stay afloat and for patients to afford birth control and other services.

Three weeks after Planned Parenthood was effectively forced out of the Title X program, the group has announced that two of its clinics in the Cincinnati area will close this month — a fate that Planned Parenthood officials say was accelerated by the administration’s changes to Title X. Those changes include barring clinics that perform or even refer patients for abortions from receiving federal family planning dollars unless they jump through a near-impossible series of hoops.

Most of this damage has been done in the name of ending abortion in America, which is a folly of a mission, in any case. It isn’t possible to stop women from getting abortions; it’s only possible to stop them from getting legally procured ones.

But these new Title X changes make clear that these politicians have always been trying to do more than prevent abortions. These are attacks on women’s ability to control if and when they get pregnant. On their health and well-being. On some of the most vulnerable members of society.

As it happens, neither of the Ohio clinics that are about to close — one of which has served the community since 1977 — provides abortions. But they do help thousands of women prevent unwanted pregnancies — the best way to avoid needing an abortion.
If the Pro-Lifers are against abortion, then why aren't they (except for the medievally backward Catholics) pro-birth control? Or pro-mammogram?
Old 09-09-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
If the Pro-Lifers are against abortion, then why aren't they (except for the medievally backward Catholics) pro-birth control? Or pro-mammogram?
You're expecting logic where there is none. They're more interested in foisting their religious beliefs on others.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running with Scissors View Post
You're expecting logic where there is none. They're more interested in foisting their religious beliefs on others.
I know, I know.

<Applies head to brick wall repeatedly>
Old 09-09-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Because how could they then slut-shame women in order to make themselves feel superior?
Old 09-09-2019, 04:31 PM

And the insanity continues.

A cabinet official threatened firings after a weather agency office disputed President Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian might hit Alabama.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Well this news won't make Mr. Ross any happier: NOAA scientist: agency likely broke science integrity rules:
Quote:
The acting chief scientist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said his agency likely violated its scientific integrity rules last week when it publicly chastised a weather office that contradicted President Donald Trump’s claim that Hurricane Dorian threatened Alabama.

Two top NOAA civil servants not so quietly revolted against an unsigned agency press release issued late Friday rebuking the Birmingham weather office for saying Alabama was safe. The agency’s top scientist called Friday’s release “political” and the head of the National Weather Service said the Alabama office “did what any office would do to protect the public.”
Quote:
“My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political,” acting chief scientist and assistant administrator for ocean and atmospheric research Craig McLean wrote to staffers Sunday night.

In the email, first reported by The Washington Post, McLean said he is “pursuing the potential violations” of the agency’s science integrity policy.

NOAA spokesman Scott Smullen said Monday, “NOAA’s policies on scientific integrity and communications are among the strongest in the federal government, and get high marks from third party observers. The agency’s senior career leaders are free to express their opinions about matters of agency operations and science. The agency will not be providing further official comment, and will not speculate on internal reviews.”
Quote:
McLean in his letter said the Birmingham staff “corrected any public misunderstanding in an expert and timely way as they should. There followed, last Friday, an unsigned press release from ‘NOAA’ that inappropriately and incorrectly contradicted the NWS forecaster.”

McLean said that the NOAA Scientific Integrity Policy tells all agency employees to “approach all scientific activities with honesty, objectively, and completely, without allegiance to individuals, organizations, or ideology.”

He said the Friday NOAA press release “compromises the ability of NOAA to convey life-saving information” and “violated NOAA’s policies of scientific integrity.”
Quote:
Meanwhile, another career civil servant, National Weather Service Director Louis Uccellini said forecasters in Birmingham did the right thing Sept. 1 when they tried to combat public panic and rumors that Dorian posed a threat to Alabama.

“They did that with one thing in mind: public safety,” said Uccellini, who prompted a standing ovation at a meeting of the National Weather Association by asking members of the Birmingham weather staff to stand.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:17 PM

While not strictly Republican, alt-right manipulator Milo Yiannopoulos is poor because wingnut welfare has limits.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5...says-hes-broke
Old 09-09-2019, 07:17 PM

Right wing radio host Jesse Lee Peterson said that Andrew Yang should go back to China with his Communist ideas. When it was pointed out to him that Yang was born in Schenectady, New York, Peterson said that he should go back to Taiwan, where the people are having mass protests against the government. When it was pointed out to him that the protests are taking place in Hong Kong, Peterson said, “I can’t tell, they all look alike to me. Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Japan, what’s the difference?”
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...on-andrew-yang

Last edited by Rick Kitchen; 09-09-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Right wing radio host Jesse Lee Peterson said that Andrew Yang should go back to China with his Communist ideas. When it was pointed out to him that Yang was born in Schenectady, New York, Peterson said that he should go back to Taiwan, where the people are having mass protests against the government. When it was pointed out to him that the protests are taking place in Hong Kong, Peterson said, “I can’t tell, they all look alike to me. Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Japan, what’s the difference?”
Hell, right-wing radio hosts all look/sound the same to me. I can't tell any of 'em apart.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I can't be the only one who finds that ironic.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
“I can’t tell, they all look alike to me. Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Japan, what’s the difference?”
"Iceberg, Greenberg, what’s the difference?”
Old 09-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miskatonic View Post
While not strictly Republican, alt-right manipulator Milo Yiannopoulos is poor because wingnut welfare has limits.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5...says-hes-broke
Heh, by the stats in that article it looks like just as many people will be reading his posts as are reading these posts!
Old 09-09-2019, 09:36 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

How is this disaster of an administration affecting the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps?