Old 06-30-2019, 08:30 PM

Trump Took Fox News Tucker Carlson, Not John Bolton, To North Korea

Quote:
While speaking to his Fox colleagues, Carlson defended Trump’s friendliness with the brutal North Korean dictator.

“[North Korea]’s a disgusting place, obviously. So there’s no defending it,” Carlson said. “On the other hand, you’ve got to be honest about what it means to lead a country. It means killing people.”
To lead a country, you kill people? Damn, don't give Trump any ideas.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:54 PM

... Carlson just managed to make a ridiculous amount of politicians throughout history look like candidates for sainthood. Or maybe they were just stupid. Too stupid to realize they were doing their jobs wrong by trying to avoid causing deaths. And heck: many if not most of those for whom "killing people" was a routine part of the job had the bollocks to do (part of) their own killing. No bone spurs there.

I think the reason I'm having difficulty breathing right now is just my asthma, but I'm sure the reason my head hurts all of a sudden is Tucker Carlson.

Last edited by Nava; 06-30-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:08 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Trump Took Fox News Tucker Carlson, Not John Bolton, To North Korea

It's not like his policies are already getting people killed, right?
Old 07-01-2019, 02:39 PM

I mean, I understand his point as a standalone point. I have the same eye-rolling discussions with peaceniks who decry any and all forms of warfare, even the necessary kind that causes leaders to have blood on their hands. Mainly my frustrations in this regard comes when people say Obama was just as bad as Bush and Trump will be no different because he used drones.

But Carlson is making a statement that have a useful application but applying it to people who execute people with mortar rounds for kicks is dumb and therefore not surprising coming from him.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:51 PM

Trump’s Lies Are Bad. What He Did in Osaka Was Worse.
During the president’s weekend press conference, he didn’t simply deny the truth.

TL;DR. The President doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. And doesn't care.

Quote:
President Donald Trump’s penchant for out-and-out deception—lies, in common parlance, and as more and more observers are willing to label them—has meant that another of his tendencies has been eclipsed: the tendency to bluff blithely and obviously falsely. During his trip to Asia over the past few days, however, Trump has made that tendency unavoidable, offering blusteringly confident answers to questions on topics he clearly knows nothing about.

The philosopher Harry Frankfurt offers an earthy, useful description of this mode of Trump speech in his essay On Bullshit:
He is neither on the side of the true nor on the side of the false. His eye is not on the facts at all, as the eyes of the honest man and of the liar are, except insofar as they may be pertinent to his interest in getting away with what he says. He does not care whether the things he says describe reality correctly. He just picks them out, or makes them up, to suit his purpose.
Consider Trump’s press conference in Osaka, Japan, on Saturday. A reporter asked Trump ...: “Where do you stand on that issue of federally mandated busing?”
Trump: It relates to everything we’re doing. And you’ll be hearing about it in—over the next couple of months.
Two things are clear: First, Trump has no idea what he is talking about. Second, Trump will not have a plan for busing, whether in four weeks or in two months. It’s not that he didn’t watch the debate, and for a moment, the president seemed to come close to grasping the conflict over school integration (“In some cases, it’s been done with a hammer instead of velvet glove”), but for the most part, he betrays no grasp of the complicated issue of busing. If he did, he wouldn’t be promising a plan, because it’s almost impossible to imagine any federal plan that would be in keeping with this political ideology.

Another similar moment occurred at the end of the press conference, when a reporter asked Trump about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s judgment that “Western-style liberalism” is obsolete. Putin was, of course, referring to the idea of republican governance developed in Europe and America. This is language that would be familiar to Trump’s former adviser Steve Bannon. Trump, however, apparently believed it referred to governments on the West Coast of the United States:
[Trump:] Well, again, he may feel that way. I mean, he sees what’s going on. And I guess, if you look at what’s happening in Los Angeles, where it’s so sad to look; and what’s happening in San Francisco and a couple of other cities which are run by an extraordinary group of liberal people—I don’t know what they’re thinking.

Frankfurt explains why being able to label this behavior is more than idle taxonomy:
Someone who lies and someone who tells the truth are playing on opposite sides, so to speak, in the same game. Each responds to the facts as he understands them, although the response of the one is guided by the authority of the truth, while the response of the other defies that authority and refuses to meet its demands. The bullshitter ignores these demands altogether. He does not reject the authority of the truth, as the liar does, and oppose himself to it. He pays no attention to it at all. By virtue of this, bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are.

Last edited by Miller; 07-02-2019 at 03:46 PM. Reason: fixed url
Old 07-01-2019, 09:16 PM

Can't wait for this:

New Sherman Tanks? Trump Brags Parade Will Feature Them, Though They Were Discontinued in 1957

Quote:
According to the Washington Post’s Josh Dawsey, the President claimed, “And we’re gonna have some tanks stationed outside… So we have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abram tanks.”
Old 07-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Talk about mistaken. He meant Abraham tanks. They're mentioned in the Bible.
"And Abraham gave tanks to the Lord."
Old 07-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Also, what the fuck is an "Abram" tank?

CMC fnord!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowmanyclouds View Post
Also, what the fuck is an "Abram" tank?

CMC fnord!

It's the singular of Abrams. And when it's pointed out to the moron-in-chief that Sherman tanks were used in World War II and are not in use today, he's going to double down on his stupidity and insist that the designer of the M1 Abrams main battle tank was named Sherman and that's what he meant, FAKE NEWS says he got it Wrong!!

Odd thing, though, nobody's edited the wiki entry for the Sherman tank to mention Trump's comment.

Last edited by Monty; 07-01-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Aw, quit yer bitchin'. You've never bought something & then not used it...for 60+ years?
Old 07-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Aw, quit yer bitchin'. You've never bought something & then not used it...for 60+ years?
Thinks about that long list of games on Steam, bought but as yet still unplayed...

Well, almost. Getting there!
Old 07-02-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Thinks about that long list of games on Steam, bought but as yet still unplayed...

Well, almost. Getting there!

Yeah but you had no choice. They were on sale. If you don't buy games you might play once in a blue moon when they're on sale for pennies, the terrorists have won.

(signed : the proud owner of 500+ Steam games, the majority of which I probably played once, in 1920, for 20 minutes)
Old 07-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

True. How else does one save money if not by spending less?
Old 07-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Charter Member

So:

Pence cancelled a trip to NH, returning ASAP to the WH.

at the same time...

Putin cancelled his days events, is holding emergency meetings at the Kremlin,

and

Apparently, the EU Security Council has been called to an emergency meeting.

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/sta...92421584957440

Wags are saying Putin is meeting about a Russian sub which caught on fire, killing 14 sailors. But the Pence and EU situations are still unknown.

This is all 99.99% probably nothing, but who the hell knows nowadays?

Last edited by JohnT; 07-02-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:10 PM
Charter Member

LOL, did some research and the verified reporter who reported the "EU Security Council" thing was apparently fooled by a possible 4chan spoof. Went back to look, found the original tweet deleted, and this:

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/sta...99333974175746
Old 07-02-2019, 01:43 PM
SDSAB

Not to worry; US diplomacy is being bolstered by an utterly unqualified layperson: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...at/1616324001/
Old 07-02-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Not to worry; US diplomacy is being bolstered by an utterly unqualified layperson: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...at/1616324001/
As opposed to an utterly unqualified 46-1?
Old 07-02-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
That story describes her as sitting "alongside" her father and Shinzo Abe. The picture shows her between them. Which means the same thing, I suppose, but....
Old 07-03-2019, 09:50 AM
SDSAB

All the best tyrants have tanks in their parades, so....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dc/1637384001/
Old 07-03-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:

Two lousy tanks and two Bradley AFVs? That's it? Why the fuck even bother?

And apparently they're going to be stationary, so we won't even get the spectacle of some random Democrats, or maybe a herd of undocumented immigrants, being driven before them. What a ripoff.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 07-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
... What a ripoff.
Would Trump The Legendary Con Man deliver anything but?
Old 07-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:

I like that it's a shitshow on both fronts. It's a military parade being shoehorned where there shouldn't be one to ape dictators (and/or France with its ridiculous July 14th parade which every talking head on TV say every fucking year is commemorating the taking of the Bastille when it's the exact opposite of that, you microcephalic wankers) ; and it's a dinky-ass military parade that will have all of his dictator buddies quietly chuckling and making remarks about the size of his tank-peen.

Last edited by Kobal2; 07-03-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:36 PM

By now we've all heard about Trump saying that homelessness started with his presidency, but how many of y'all have actually heard it?

Here is the clip plus some commentary. The entire video is 7 minutes long; I recommend watching through to the end. Trump's interview reply takes up the first 3 minutes. The next 3.5 minutes are commentary, and the denouement makes the whole thing sublime.

But the big thing is: listen to Trump. He has no idea what he's talking about or what he's saying. It's really obvious. And yet Tucker Carlson sits there and reacts as if what he's hearing is perfectly reasonable and makes sense. This is how you get a shitshow country: by not calling people out on their bullshit.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
...But the big thing is: listen to Trump. He has no idea what he's talking about or what he's saying. It's really obvious. And yet Tucker Carlson sits there and reacts as if what he's hearing is perfectly reasonable and makes sense. This is how you get a shitshow country: by not calling people out on their bullshit.
This has been the biggest problem IMHO from Day One: people (pundits especially) treating his statements as normal and discussing them seriously, when all that has ever come out of his mouth is shit and lies. FINALLY some media outlets are using the most accurate word, namely, LIES, but some are still analyzing his comments and tweets, which makes about as much sense as analyzing the hairball my cat threw up this morning. Actually, seeing the hairball tells me which cat produced it (one cat is black, the other is calico), and that's 100% more truth and information than you get from anything Donnie produces from his lying lips.

THE EMPEROR IS NAKED, PEEPS! <Where's the eye bleach?>
Old 07-03-2019, 01:40 PM

Here's one that doesn't piss me off as much as amaze me:
Quote:
President Donald Trump insisted Wednesday that he is not dropping efforts to include a citizenship question on the upcoming 2020 census, even as the U.S. Census Bureau has started the process of printing the questionnaire without it.

“News Reports about the Department of Commerce dropping its quest to put the Citizenship Question on the Census is incorrect or, to state it differently, FAKE!” Trump said in a tweet. “We are absolutely moving forward.”

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about what he meant.

Trump’s tweet directly contradicted comments made less than 24 hours earlier by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross and Justice Department lawyers that they were standing down, following a Supreme Court decision halting the question.

“The Census Bureau has started the process of printing the decennial questionnaires without the question,” Ross said in a statement Tuesday. “My focus, and that of the Bureau and the entire Department is to conduct a complete and accurate census.”

Justice Department lawyers also notified parties in lawsuits challenging the question, and at least one federal judge who blocked its inclusion, that the company with a $114 million contract to print census questionnaires had been instructed to start printing forms without the citizenship question.

In the short term, Trump’s comment is unlikely to affect work on the census.
It's done, Donald. You lost.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
He's going to tweet an addendum.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
This is how you get a shitshow country: by not calling people out on their bullshit.
I just read an opinion piece (probably linked from somewhere around here) on the difference between truth, lies, and bullshit. The bullshitter doesn't care about the distinction between fact and fiction - he spins his own reality to suit his purposes. Trump is a bullshitter.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:15 PM

Aye; I've seen that same piece, I think. Mr. Frankfurt's "haha look how funny this academic study is" little book is getting a lot of attention lately.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 07-03-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
He's going to tweet an addendum.

Yeah. He's going to annonce two vacancies in his cabinet.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Here's one that doesn't piss me off as much as amaze me:

Quote:
President Donald Trump insisted Wednesday that he is not dropping efforts to include a citizenship question on the upcoming 2020 census, even as the U.S. Census Bureau has started the process of printing the questionnaire without it.

“News Reports about the Department of Commerce dropping its quest to put the Citizenship Question on the Census is incorrect or, to state it differently, FAKE!” Trump said in a tweet. “We are absolutely moving forward.” ...
It's done, Donald. You lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
I just read an opinion piece (probably linked from somewhere around here) on the difference between truth, lies, and bullshit. The bullshitter doesn't care about the distinction between fact and fiction - he spins his own reality to suit his purposes. Trump is a bullshitter.
He's a bullshitter, and he's also a bully. And bullies love the power-play of saying stuff that's clearly untrue, and then basically daring anyone to do anything about it.

Also, he knows his audience. They take the word for the thing all the time. No need to build a wall or end the NK nuclear program or put a question on the census, when you can merely say you've done these things....and your fans will accept your words as equivalent to actual completion of the actions.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Them's fightin' words! Hold the phone...this just in:

DOJ Reverses Course on Citizenship Question, Citing Trump’s Orders
Quote:
WASHINGTON — A day after pledging that the 2020 census would not ask respondents about their citizenship, the Justice Department reversed course on Wednesday and said it was hunting for a way to restore the question on orders from President Trump.

Officials told a federal judge in Maryland that they thought there would be a way to still add the question, despite printing deadlines, and that they would ask the Supreme Court to send the case to district court with instructions to remedy the situation.
Holy fuck.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
But the big thing is: listen to Trump. He has no idea what he's talking about or what he's saying. It's really obvious. And yet Tucker Carlson sits there and reacts as if what he's hearing is perfectly reasonable and makes sense. This is how you get a shitshow country: by not calling people out on their bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
This has been the biggest problem IMHO from Day One: people (pundits especially) treating his statements as normal and discussing them seriously, when all that has ever come out of his mouth is shit and lies. FINALLY some media outlets are using the most accurate word, namely, LIES, but some are still analyzing his comments and tweets, which makes about as much sense as analyzing the hairball my cat threw up this morning. Actually, seeing the hairball tells me which cat produced it (one cat is black, the other is calico), and that's 100% more truth and information than you get from anything Donnie produces from his lying lips.

THE EMPEROR IS NAKED, PEEPS! <Where's the eye bleach?>
I've posted this article somewhere else before in one of the Trump threads:

Trump’s unhinged Fox Business interview illustrates how Fox News normalizes Trump

Last edited by dasmoocher; 07-03-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
Give Trump some credit. Being a soldier means killing people but Trump figured out a way to avoid doing it.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Give Trump some credit. Being a soldier means killing people but Trump figured out a way to avoid doing it.

I take it you mean that he's figured out a way to avoid being a soldier. He certainly has not figured out a way to avoid killing people. He's actually accomplished killing people, and more will die under his ill-conceived and asinine policies.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Them's fightin' words! Hold the phone...this just in:

DOJ Reverses Course on Citizenship Question, Citing Trump’s Orders

Holy fuck.
So, we now have a president who won't abide by the judiciary and a legislative branch who won't hold him accountable. I'm not sure how that's different from a dictatorship.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
So, we now have a president who won't abide by the judiciary and a legislative branch who won't hold him accountable. I'm not sure how that's different from a dictatorship.
The judiciary doesn't follow his orders...

...yet.

Last edited by running coach; 07-03-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
The judiciary doesn't follow his orders...

...yet.
but the Executive Branch (including DOJ) and the Senate do follow. He can just ignore the Judiciary.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasg View Post
but the Executive Branch (including DOJ) and the Senate do follow. He can just ignore the Judiciary.
Just like he ignores anything and everything as it suits him. And there's no one to stop him.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:28 AM
SDSAB

Here's CNN on the on-again, off-again citizenship question. I almost feel sorry for the DOJ lawyers who have to go back after assuring various Federal judges, "This is really, truly the final decision, no takebacks... [five minutes pass] Uh, actually, Your Honor....": https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/polit...eet/index.html
Old 07-04-2019, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Here's CNN on the on-again, off-again citizenship question. I almost feel sorry for the DOJ lawyers who have to go back after assuring various Federal judges, "This is really, truly the final decision, no takebacks... [five minutes pass] Uh, actually, Your Honor....": https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/03/polit...eet/index.html
Maddow tonight was hilarious then she led with this story.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Just like he ignores anything and everything as it suits him. And there's no one to stop him.
Yes. This is the issue. If the president (generic, not limited to this president) ignores rulings of the court and the legislative branch won't do anything about it, then that president is indistinguishable from a dictator.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:02 PM

He's not yet entirely in violation. The supreeme court just kicked it back to the lower court and demanded that Trump come up with a real justification for the need of the census question. So they are within the law to go back to do so. The problem is that the real reason, racist partisanship, has already been revealed so its unlikely that they will be able to come up with anything convincing.

Son: I need to go borrow the car Saturday night to see a movie with my friends.
Parent: No way I don't buy it, I saw the text you got from Cindi "Saturday night: Heart Eggplant kiss Eggplant peach fireworks."
Son: OK I need to borrow the car Saturday night to study in the library.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:40 PM

Today marks the 200th day that Trump has spent at one of his golf courses during his presidency (and 267th day at a Trump property).

Trump has been President for 895 days, so that averages at one day at a Trump golf course every 4 1/2 days of his presidency. While it's not known whether Trump has played golf every time he's visited one of his golf courses, he has spent a lot more time at golf courses than Obama, who had been the subject of frequent criticism by Trump for the time he spent golfing during his presidency. Obama played golf 333 times over his eight-year presidency, which averages at one day out of every 8 3/4 days.

Here's a list of tweets in which Trump criticized Obama for golfing during his presidency (in reverse order):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump

Aug 23, 2016 11:15:25 AM
President Obama should have gone to Louisiana days ago, instead of golfing. Too little, too late! [Twitter for iPhone]

Jan 5, 2015 10:33:18 PM
"@YankeeRunnerLV:Can U trick Obama into appearing on @ApprenticeNBC by telling him Golf is involved so you can do Country a favor& FIRE HIM! [Twitter for Android]

Dec 16, 2014 04:03:02 PM
Obama has admitted that he spends his mornings watching @ESPN. Then he plays golf, fundraises & grants amnesty to illegals. [Twitter Web Client]

Oct 23, 2014 10:54:09 PM
President Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf! [Twitter for Android]

Oct 20, 2014 09:02:38 PM
"@nikkio: DonaldTrump: Only way to get Obama to do right for our Marine would be for every country club across USA to deny him golf access [Twitter for Android]

Oct 14, 2014 02:35:27 PM
We pay for Obama's travel so he can fundraise millions so Democrats can run on lies. Then we pay for his golf. [Twitter Web Client]

Oct 13, 2014 07:03:51 PM
Can you believe that,with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf.Worse than Carter [Twitter for Android]

Sep 11, 2014 03:46:45 AM
"@Kalozap: Obama's mind, IsIs, ebola, etc.... and then thinking, boy I wish I was on the golf coarse. What should I wear on the Links" [Twitter for Android]

Sep 10, 2014 04:22:02 PM
If Obama resigns from office NOW, thereby doing a great service to the country—I will give him free lifetime golf at any one of my courses! [Twitter Web Client]

Aug 19, 2014 09:15:34 PM
"@BackOnTrackUSA: @realDonaldTrump While Obama vacations,golfs, attends parties & jazz concerts, ISIS is chopping heads off of journalists." [Twitter for Android]

Jul 10, 2014 10:10:07 PM
"@jeff_smith7: @realDonaldTrump Maybe Perry can put in a 9 hole golf course on the banks of the Rio Grande to lure Obama to see the border?" [Twitter for Android]

Nov 18, 2013 07:59:03 AM
President Obama played golf yesterday??? [Twitter for Android]

Sep 29, 2013 02:21:08 AM
"@flwgolfs: @realDonaldTrump : I have heard Obama say , We can afford Obama care, America is a rich nation, we can afford it." No, not close [Twitter for Android]

Sep 7, 2013 11:04:55 PM
"@gretawire: PresObama is not busy talking to Congress about Syria..he is playing golf ...go figure" [Twitter for Android]

Mar 18, 2013 02:12:59 PM
Via @DailyCaller: "Donald Trump: Obama should golf w/ Republicans, not his ‘local friends’" [Twitter Web Client]

Feb 19, 2013 12:18:45 PM
My @foxandfriends interview discussing Pres. Obama playing golf w/@TigerWoods, US Airways-American merger & oil [Twitter Web Client]

Feb 14, 2013 04:26:17 PM
Obama vacationing in West Palm Beach starting tomorrow. He should play a round at Trump Int'l Golf Club - #1 rated course in Florida. [Twitter Web Client]

Sep 19, 2012 09:01:47 AM
Obama should play golf with Republicans & opponents rather than his small group of friends. That way maybe the terrible gridlock would end. [Twitter Web Client]

Aug 30, 2012 02:04:27 PM
Too busy playing golf? @BarackObama sends form letters with an electronic signature to the parents of fallen SEALs [Twitter Web Client]

Jun 20, 2012 03:34:09 PM
I look forward to playing golf with President @BarackObama someday. [Twitter Web Client]

Jun 18, 2012 02:59:18 PM
I don't mind that @BarackObama plays a lot of golf. I just wish he used it productively to make deals with Congress! [Twitter Web Client]

Dec 30, 2011 01:12:30 PM
I play golf to relax. My company is in great shape. @BarackObama plays golf to escape work while America goes down the drain. [Twitter Web Client]

Nov 22, 2011 12:09:10 PM
Yesterday @BarackObama actually spent a full day in Washington. He didn't campaign, fund raise or play golf. Shocking. [TweetDeck]

Aug 15, 2011 12:36:47 PM
@BarackObama played golf yesterday. Now he heads to a 10 day vacation in Martha's Vineyard. Nice work ethic. [TweetDeck]

Last edited by Walken After Midnight; 07-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:47 PM

Wait, he went golfing on July the 4th ? Wokay, then.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Wait, he went golfing on July the 4th ? Wokay, then.
Why not? It's Trumpendance day. He's allowed to do whatever he wants on his special day, right?
Old 07-04-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Why not? It's Trumpendance day. He's allowed to do whatever he wants on his special day, right?
And get as many scoops of ice cream as he wants (as long as it's at least one more scoop than the other children at the party get).
Old 07-04-2019, 04:31 PM
SDSAB

He's off golfing while DOJ lawyers have to work through a Federal holiday to do his bidding on the Census citizenship question. Feh.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:11 AM
SDSAB

Can you pass POTUS's Revolutionary War history quiz?: https://www.reformer.com/stories/sid...ary-war,578738
Old 07-16-2019, 01:25 PM
Cecil's Inner Circle
Charter Member

WH Counselor Kellyanne Conway to reporter Andrew Feinberg who asked about Trump's racist tweets: "What's your ethnicity?"

(video) https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/11...110351873?s=19
Old 07-16-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
WH Counselor Kellyanne Conway to reporter Andrew Feinberg who asked about Trump's racist tweets: "What's your ethnicity?"

(video) https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/11...110351873?s=19
Tweet: "I did Nazi that coming..."