Old 09-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Shed your tears for Sarah and Todd right here

Surprised there was no thread already, but yes, it's true, the two lovebirds have called it quits. Such a good, god-fearing, Christian, fucked up, drunken, bickering match made in the hell of Wasilla, AK. I will never forgive McCain for foisting her onto an unsuspecting public.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:45 AM

Congrats to Todd both for lasting 31 years with her and for having the sense to get away. If he misses her voice he can always run his fingernails on a chalk board.

Last edited by BobLibDem; 09-10-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

It took them that long to realize they have an "incompatibility of temperament"?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Not sure I have any effs to give on this news.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:58 AM

I have no love for the Palin family, but as the child of a divorce, and as a divorcee about to take the plunge for the second time, I wouldn't wish a divorce on anyone. Divorces suck.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

He's no better than she is. At least married they only made each other miserable; now we have their making two other people miserable to look forward to.

I hope they both come out of this flat broke and homeless and that Trig gets a home with relatives who are more likely to take good care of him because they aren't batshit crazy and stupid, to boot.

ETA: And may this be the absolute last thing we ever hear about anyone in that benighted family, ever again.

Last edited by Morgyn; 09-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
He's no better than she is. At least married they only made each other miserable; now we have their making two other people miserable to look forward to.

I hope they both come out of this flat broke and homeless and that Trig gets a home with relatives who are more likely to take good care of him because they aren't batshit crazy and stupid, to boot.

ETA: And may this be the absolute last thing we ever hear about anyone in that benighted family, ever again.
Hear, hear.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisL1ves View Post
It took them that long to realize they have an "incompatibility of temperament"?
They're both assholes. Just different kinds of assholes.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:46 PM

Now there's a name I've not thought about in a long time.. Is Sarah Palin still remotely relevant? The last time I remember seeing her mentioned in the news was when she endorsed Trump way back in 2016. And then he promptly threw her under the bus. I can't remember seeing her at all since then. Has she played any role whatsoever in the public discourse since that announcement?
Old 09-10-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzled View Post
Now there's a name I've not thought about in a long time.. Is Sarah Palin still remotely relevant?
No. I expect to see her on a reality show before long, appearing with other people you forgot existed.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:14 PM

Couldn't be more well deserved. I wish them both a protracted, bitter, sordid and financially ruinous divorce.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:21 PM

So sad to see this happening to such a strong proponent of God and traditional marriage and family values...

I can see irony hypocrisy from my house!

Last edited by Lancia; 09-10-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
No. I expect to see her on a reality show before long, appearing with other people you forgot existed.
I guess she'll be on the next season of "Celebrity Bachelorette"? Who'd be the contestants? Screech from Saved by the Bell comes to mind...
Old 09-10-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Dancing with the Stars?
Old 09-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Sarah Palin, OJ Simpson, Dennis Rodman, Andy Dick, Michelle Bachmann and Roseanne Barr on the next MTV's Real World!
Old 09-10-2019, 04:34 PM

I don't wish bad things on people whom I can't even remember. Bad juju.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:58 PM

My predictions -

We haven't the last of either of them. I'm quite certain some reality TV fool is already trying to come up with an Alaskan Wilderness Tough Guy show for Todd.

And once the Trumpnado blows out of town, I expect to see Sarah back in the wingnut welfare business with a "See, I wasn't so bad after all!" Heck, she'll probably pick up a new name brand husband, some media figure or DC bigwig. I hear Al Gore is single.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post

Trig spends the vast majority of his time with one of his sisters. He'll be o.k.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricoteuse View Post
Dancing with the Stars?
Maybe if they have a show that's just about cellulite.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
<snip> Heck, she'll probably pick up a new name brand husband, some media figure or DC bigwig. I hear Al Gore is single.
Ooofff, that turned my stomach. Al Gore wouldn't touch her with John McCain's dead dick.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
I have no love for the Palin family, but as the child of a divorce, and as a divorcee about to take the plunge for the second time, I wouldn't wish a divorce on anyone. Divorces suck.
Yes, they do, but no one deserves suckage more than these two self-serving conniving assholes.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:44 PM

Meh, who cares? Did they lecture people about how marriage is sacred, and you should never divorce? If not, what's the big deal?

It's not like when her daughter was the spokeswoman for abstinance only education and ended up unmarried and pregnant. (for the SECOND time)
Old 09-10-2019, 07:55 PM

It's all fun and games until the first episode of the moose hunting themed reality dating show to find her new spouse.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrps View Post
Trig spends the vast majority of his time with one of his sisters. He'll be o.k.
I hope not with Bristol!
Old 09-10-2019, 08:08 PM

How's that lovey cherishy thing workin' out for ya, Sarah? Ass goblin.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I guess she'll be on the next season of "Celebrity Bachelorette"? Who'd be the contestants? Screech from Saved by the Bell comes to mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricoteuse View Post
Dancing with the Stars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Sarah Palin, OJ Simpson, Dennis Rodman, Andy Dick, Michelle Bachmann and Roseanne Barr on the next MTV's Real World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
We haven't the last of either of them. I'm quite certain some reality TV fool is already trying to come up with an Alaskan Wilderness Tough Guy show for Todd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Maybe if they have a show that's just about cellulite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
It's all fun and games until the first episode of the moose hunting themed reality dating show to find her new spouse.
7 people talking about a hypothetical reality show, and no one remembers the oh-so-popular 2010 Sarah Palin's Alaska? But it was such... so... uh, it was... it was. For one short season, it was.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
I keep expecting her to show up on Dancing With the Stars alongside the other washed up celebrities.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

The following is a link to one of the songs sung in a Juneau production of The Mikado. It's I've Got a Little List. At about 2:05 there is a Palin reference that makes the audience laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbHxh2NOJIw
Old 09-10-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
Ooofff, that turned my stomach. Al Gore wouldn't touch her with John McCain's dead dick.
And that cracked me up, in a warped sort of way.

I'd find this amusing if it didn't involve a special-needs pre-teen who I personally have always believed is their grandchild, the offspring of their son Track and a so-far-unidentified girlfriend.

How did she ever get elected governor of Alaska, anyway?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
I keep expecting her to show up on Dancing With the Stars alongside the other washed up celebrities.
And politicians; Rick Perry was on a while back.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:41 PM

I was thinking Worst Cooks In America: Celebrity Edition but who knows?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:50 PM

Bristol did Dancing with the stars, didn't she?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Bristol did Dancing with the stars, didn't she?
How about “The Apprentice” for Ms Dontcha know?? Someone tweet the orange-fucked retard. Ivanka can host.

Last edited by Locrian; 09-10-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:04 AM

I keep imagining her giving him some weird excuse like ďonly dead fish go with the flowĒ while trying to justify leaving her marriage before itís finished.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:30 AM

After Palin's loss in 2008, Steve Bannon directed a film about her called "The Undefeated". As both Bannon and Palin have some free time, I eagerly await the release of "The Married", or perhaps "The Undivorced".
Old 09-11-2019, 10:25 AM

You know, in the various news coverage I've glanced at, and in this thread there's still one question that occurs to me every time:

Why the fuck should I care?
Old 09-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
How did she ever get elected governor of Alaska, anyway?
Circumstance and a pretty face. She had been a member of Governor Murkowski's administration, but was fired for exposing some shenanigans within her department. She used that to cultivate a "maverick" image and was elected mayor of Wasilla. Murkowski, a 26 year veteran of the U.S. Senate, managed to become one of the least popular governors in the entire country in three short years, mainly because of his arrogance and incompetence. Palin saw opportunity and went after him, parlaying her looks and maverick reputation into a win.

It didn't take long for that all to go sour, of course. She was a dismal governor and a vindictive bitch to those who she felt had ever wronged her. Her husband set up shop in the administration and began going through personnel records to find dirt on police officers and others. Had McCain done much better vetting on her, all of this would have been revealed, and he would have known what a willfully ignorant person she really is.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Thatís harsh, man. Iím okay with hoping Sarah Palin gets, I dunno, cancer or something, but wishing Dustin Diamond on a person is going too far.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
Haven't you heard the term, "Politics makes strange bedfellows"?
Old 09-11-2019, 07:45 PM

This is just the break McCain's campaign staff has been waiting for.

"Sarah, this is Steve Schmidt Yeah, the guy who made you famous. Y'see, my wife is out of town this weekend and I'm thinking we could get together and talk about old times. Entirely by coincidence I'm in Wasilla and am staying at the Lake Lucille Inn."