Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

I feel like I just got hosed for 10 donuts. I just leveled up to 16 and immediately got a popup that said "I choo choo choose you...10 donuts". For some reason, I thought I was getting Ralph, so I clicked on it. I should have known better since all the stuff you do, in order, doesn't cost donuts. I looked around, couldn't find him, checked the character list and he's not active. After searching on the internet, it seems I paid 10 donuts to activate a quest to add a new (IRL) friend. I don't get it.
Now that I think about it, I remember that 'quest' from when I first started the game as well. Why would I want to pay 10 donuts to add a friend?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
I feel like I just got hosed for 10 donuts. I just leveled up to 16 and immediately got a popup that said "I choo choo choose you...10 donuts". For some reason, I thought I was getting Ralph, so I clicked on it. I should have known better since all the stuff you do, in order, doesn't cost donuts. I looked around, couldn't find him, checked the character list and he's not active. After searching on the internet, it seems I paid 10 donuts to activate a quest to add a new (IRL) friend. I don't get it.
Now that I think about it, I remember that 'quest' from when I first started the game as well. Why would I want to pay 10 donuts to add a friend?
That's weird. It shouldn't charge you donuts for adding a friend, it should GIVE you donuts for adding friends. Are you sure that's not what happened?

I finally have the last of the cash money/quest line buildings going up in my town! I have everything from the Simpson's house to the Skinner's house. I hope I get a little time to build up my cash reserves before the next update. That looks to be a big one.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trion View Post
That's weird. It shouldn't charge you donuts for adding a friend, it should GIVE you donuts for adding friends. Are you sure that's not what happened?
Here's someone else complaining about it.

I think what may have happened was that the "quest" was to add a friend (or two or whatever) and I accidentally sped it up by clicking on the donut button. In this case, it doesn't add a friend (that I know of), but just gives me the reward.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 AM

How do you get quests? Do they just happen when you attain certain levels, or is there something I need to be doing to initiate them other than building more and more houses, collecting money/XP and giving my minions jobs to do?
Old 05-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoieGrasIsEvil View Post
How do you get quests? Do they just happen when you attain certain levels, or is there something I need to be doing to initiate them other than building more and more houses, collecting money/XP and giving my minions jobs to do?
They'll just 'happen'. Just watch for the exclamation points above the characters and then do whatever it tells you to do. "Quest" isn't a good word, it's not like it takes any work on your part other then being really patient. Hell, some of the quests will be things you've already done 30 times.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
It is helpful to stop all characters at the same time sometimes. That should trigger a new quest if you have one ready. Otherwise, just build the highest level quest buildings and quests will occur.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I think what may have happened was that the "quest" was to add a friend (or two or whatever) and I accidentally sped it up by clicking on the donut button. In this case, it doesn't add a friend (that I know of), but just gives me the reward.
That makes sense. You should make sure to check your "Confirm Spend Donut" option to avoid accidentally speeding up tasks in the future.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

Also, here is the quest path that will tell you how to activate quests.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9043283.page
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM

I can't read the EA forum linked above at work but I had to use donuts to initiate the adding friends quest as well.

FoieGras, you get prompted by the characters to initiate quests. For instance, Homer will need to go eat so you will get prompted to build Krustyburger, then he and other characters need to go eat there. As you complete the quests, you get a bonus and then the game moves on to the next one (in theory). There is a list of quests that's linked earlier on this thread, that may help you if you take a look at it.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
That makes sense. You should make sure to check your "Confirm Spend Donut" option to avoid accidentally speeding up tasks in the future.
Learned that one the hard way.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
I can't read the EA forum linked above at work but I had to use donuts to initiate the adding friends quest as well.

FoieGras, you get prompted by the characters to initiate quests. For instance, Homer will need to go eat so you will get prompted to build Krustyburger, then he and other characters need to go eat there. As you complete the quests, you get a bonus and then the game moves on to the next one (in theory). There is a list of quests that's linked earlier on this thread, that may help you if you take a look at it.
Ah, thanks guys. Then I have already done many of them. I just saw all those "quests" that were locked and I wondered why I wasn't getting any of those.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Ah, thanks guys. Then I have already done many of them. I just saw all those "quests" that were locked and I wondered why I wasn't getting any of those.
I think you're looking at buildings/characters/premium stuff etc that's locked. If you click on it (or the little i above it) it'll tell you what quest you need to do to unlock it. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to get to the quest other then wait around and do things as they pop up unless you want to speed things up with donuts. The only thing I do is try to make sure I have 20 to 30 thousand dollars in reserve before I spend any money on things that aren't required for a quest. I'd hate to spend 15,000 landscaping only to find out I need to put up a 30,000 dollar building for a quest. Then I'd have to spend 2 days saving up the money and another 24 hours building the building and likely at least one or two more days running characters through the quests associated with the new buildings before I get to have fun with them.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM

Just a heads up. We have a very small update today it includes:

1) Gill offering a sale on donuts
2) A change to the snake rocks, stumps, and logs. They now pay out money.

If there's anything else to the update I have not discovered it yet.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 AM

That sounds cool that the rocks and stumps now pay out - does this mean that they are no longer an XP modifier? And is the sale of donuts worth it? I did play it a bit this morning, but I didn't get the update.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:04 AM

The bonus multiplier for rocks, stumps and logs is still in place. You'll have to decide for yourself if the donut sale is "worth it". I've never paid any real world money on the game so far and I haven't decided yet if I'm going to now. The sale lasts more than 3 days, so you have some time to think about it.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 AM

I just got my Mystery Box for playing five days in a row and within that Mystery Box was a Mystery Box. In that Mystery Box was a brown picket fence. That prize wasn't really worth it, but it was moderately amusing to go through that.

Rumors have that the Squidport is coming next -- possibly at the end of this week.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I just got my Mystery Box for playing five days in a row and within that Mystery Box was a Mystery Box. In that Mystery Box was a brown picket fence. That prize wasn't really worth it, but it was moderately amusing to go through that.
Has happened to me a few times, including times I received a Tree. Once I got $1000. Yay.

And once I got the pimply-faced-teenager and once a lemon tree, nicer items. You never know.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Rumors have that the Squidport is coming next -- possibly at the end of this week.
I've gotten a mystery box in a mystery box as well. Mine then had a newspaper stand in it. I think I'm up to four newspaper stands now. Luckily, I haven't bought any mystery boxes, I just get them at the end of the weeks.

As far as "Squidport" is that the same as what I'm hearing about being able to buy property along the water? I've been trying to save my money for that, but I seem to be at a point in the game where I've had to spend a lot of money. Police station, Jail, Gilded Truffle, barbershop, two restaurants...all one after another. I've had under $500 at least once a day for the last week or so. But I'm not spending any unnecessary money. As soon as those properties open up, I want to buy them all up, assuming I like them.

Did anyone else notice that the snake rocks and snake logs suddenly started generating money, and a lot of money at that. I remember wanting to buy a bunch more of them when they were available. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing it.

Also, what sound does Fort Sensible make. Sounds like a gun or shotgun being racked, but that can't be right.

Last edited by Joey P; 05-29-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:11 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
I've gotten a mystery box in a mystery box as well. Mine then had a newspaper stand in it. I think I'm up to four newspaper stands now. Luckily, I haven't bought any mystery boxes, I just get them at the end of the weeks.

As far as "Squidport" is that the same as what I'm hearing about being able to buy property along the water? I've been trying to save my money for that, but I seem to be at a point in the game where I've had to spend a lot of money. Police station, Jail, Gilded Truffle, barbershop, two restaurants...all one after another. I've had under $500 at least once a day for the last week or so. But I'm not spending any unnecessary money. As soon as those properties open up, I want to buy them all up, assuming I like them.

Did anyone else notice that the snake rocks and snake logs suddenly started generating money, and a lot of money at that. I remember wanting to buy a bunch more of them when they were available. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing it.

Also, what sound does Fort Sensible make. Sounds like a gun or shotgun being racked, but that can't be right.
You will catch up with the building then money won't be a problem. I was cash poor until I got caught up now I have plenty. Spent 1 million on the escalator and I'm almost back up to the million mark again.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I'm kind of cash poor right now as well but I just got the hospital yesterday, so I'm starting to rebuild my cash. The TV station has a nice payout, so if you don't have that yet it will help when you do get it.

Ft. Sensible does sound like weapons being locked and loaded to me, which seems anachronistic because they sound modern.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm kind of cash poor right now as well but I just got the hospital yesterday, so I'm starting to rebuild my cash. The TV station has a nice payout, so if you don't have that yet it will help when you do get it.

Ft. Sensible does sound like weapons being locked and loaded to me, which seems anachronistic because they sound modern.
I guess it is a Fort (as in a military installation), but I just hadn't thought of that. I just always heard the guns and saw the caption that said "Boring Schoolchildren". I supposed they mean that school children are getting a tour of it. In my mind, there were school children there, like there learning or working or something. I didn't really think of it as a military thing until now.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, the Squidport update looks to be an expansion that has you rebuilding the town along the waterfront with new land opening up, and a bunch of buildings and decorations specific the that area. I think it runs along a parallel quest track at the 15th level. Nobody knows when it will start. Rumors abound.

So you will need money for that. But buildings are fairly cheap - at least compared to things like The Skinner House. I would suggest saving up.

And don't worry, you will get to a point where the money comes fairly easily.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes, the Squidport update looks to be an expansion that has you rebuilding the town along the waterfront with new land opening up, and a bunch of buildings and decorations specific the that area. I think it runs along a parallel quest track at the 15th level. Nobody knows when it will start. Rumors abound.
I see they've updated the wiki page from being just a rumor or even a poll about what the creators should do for summer to squidport being what it's going to be. Not just that, it's all planned out, they've got all the different parts, characters, buildings, costs etc. Obviously, someone knows something.

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Summer_Event
Old 05-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
And don't worry, you will get to a point where the money comes fairly easily.
I hope so. I just sunk almost all my money into the jail (and a piece of land for the jail) and it's about 8 hours away from being done and I was just told that I have to build King Toot's. I should have enough money to build that by the end of the day and then I'll be back to zero.

It'll be nice when I can sign on a few times a day, clear out all the money, start some quests, put all my characters into 4 or 8 or 12 hours jobs and be done with it.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I hope so. I just sunk almost all my money into the jail (and a piece of land for the jail) and it's about 8 hours away from being done and I was just told that I have to build King Toot's. I should have enough money to build that by the end of the day and then I'll be back to zero.

It'll be nice when I can sign on a few times a day, clear out all the money, start some quests, put all my characters into 4 or 8 or 12 hours jobs and be done with it.
It happens eventually.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I see they've updated the wiki page from being just a rumor or even a poll about what the creators should do for summer to squidport being what it's going to be. Not just that, it's all planned out, they've got all the different parts, characters, buildings, costs etc. Obviously, someone knows something.

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Summer_Event
Hooray!! Here comes Captain McCallister! Can't wait! Hope they give him a voice...

Quote:
Also, what sound does Fort Sensible make. Sounds like a gun or shotgun being racked, but that can't be right
As long as this question's been answered, let me re-ask a question I asked months ago - What sound does the Mapple store make?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lurk View Post
As long as this question's been answered, let me re-ask a question I asked months ago - What sound does the Mapple store make?
Sliding doors opening.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:48 PM

I hope I can get Handsome Pete to dance for nickels!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 PM

I think I am accidentally hosing myself out of donuts. When I go to collect cash from my plethora of blue houses, I tap furiously and sometimes I accidentally knock on the door while doing so. I try to just arrow back out of it but I think a couple times after drinking that I must have allowed a couple donuts to speed up the transition. I only have seven left and I did have sixteen a few days ago.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I think I am accidentally hosing myself out of donuts. When I go to collect cash from my plethora of blue houses, I tap furiously and sometimes I accidentally knock on the door while doing so. I try to just arrow back out of it but I think a couple times after drinking that I must have allowed a couple donuts to speed up the transition. I only have seven left and I did have sixteen a few days ago.
Go to the options menu and make it ask you to confirm donut spending.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:44 AM

Level 30 is out. No Squidport yet.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Level 30 is out. No Squidport yet.
I wouldn't be surprised it the Summer event started at midnight. The splash screen will probably change when that happens.

When did whacking day start? Was it right at the beginning of a month?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:29 PM

The Whacking Day update was released April 10.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
The Whacking Day update was released April 10.
So then if I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd say we have another week or two. Also, since there was an update today and nothing happened, it's probably not going to magically start working at midnight unless there's another update. I'm guessing there will be another update when the Summer Event get's released. As I recall, Whacking Day was set to end around midnight and as people signed on in the last 6 or 7 hours of the day there was an update that ended the event.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:16 AM

No squid port yet, but three new buildings, one premium. Two new characters.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:18 PM

And there's a locked task of going to the not yet existing fish place...
Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 PM

Squidport supposedly launches today.

Anyone got it yet ?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM

Yup. It's an App Store update.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:51 PM

I'm downloading a 97.5 MB update, but then again I haven't logged on in a week or two.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:34 PM

I had to go to the Google store and download the update, and now it's running a 99 mb update on top. I should be raring to go in a few minutes.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:56 PM

For those of you still playing, the squid port and ocean expansion went live today. Lots of new stuff added.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 PM

Double post.

Last edited by Mr. Accident; 06-12-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 PM

I got it but I haven't been prompted for the quest yet. I did buy the two cheap land spots. You can also buy out into the ocean.

It looks like Homer needs to be free and I have him midtask at Kwik-E-Mart. I should be able to start up on this in 30 minutes.

http://simpsonswiki.net/wiki/The_Sim...uidport_update
Old 06-12-2013, 06:03 PM

Also, you need to build sections of the boardwalk. It takes an hour, but you also get some as a reward. Homer also gets a 12 hour swear at the ocean task.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

For the last week or so I've been doing everything in my power to save up money for this update, but, not being up to level 29 (30?), I still have a lot of things I have to buy/build. I made it up to about 220k and then was ended up back at about 100K after the burns mansion. A few other things sent me down to something in the area of 90k. Then it asked me to build El Chemistri (I think that's what it's called), which I had just barely enough money for, but for some reason I decided to put it off for a few hours. Literally, a few minutes later I got the request to build the Temple. I'm glad I waited. I had to save up more for that (it costs more, plus I had to buy land), but once it's built I'll have two more characters to work with. I still have to build El Chemistri for Comic Book Guy, but I'm planning to work on Squidport first.

In the mean time, I bought one beach front plot and as soon as I save up enough money I'll buy one plot in the water just to see what that triggers.

BTW, is anyone else running this on a Nexus (10) tablet? It runs really slow and crashes a lot for me and I'm wondering if it's just me or the platform.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Charter Member

My Ipod touch 4 is also very slow with this much stuff.

I'll have the water and so forth tonight. Is this a summer long temporary thing or is all this permanent for everyone?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 PM

I just bought most of the waterfront lots. Nothing happened.

...And of course all of my characters are currently on 24 hour jobs until tomorrow morning.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:33 PM

Squidport looks to be permanent. I suppose some of the decorations may be temporary, but I don't think so.

Homer needs to be free to prompt the building of the entrance.

If you go into a neighbor's town and see that he has a tile ready floating over the Squidport Entrance - DON'T TAP IT. You're friend won't get his tile and will have to start over.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Charter Member

I'm in the middle of building the Temple, I was saving up for El Chemstri when Squidport came along and now they want me to build the hospital too. I'm planning to, for now, put both of those on hold for a little while to start building out the waterfront. At least to get a small start on it.
If I make enough money, I'll work on both at the same time, but I'm going to prioritize Squidport for the moment.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
If you go into a neighbor's town and see that he has a tile ready floating over the Squidport Entrance - DON'T TAP IT. You're friend won't get his tile and will have to start over.
Yeah, I have Squidport now and I just assigned Homer a job and it gave me the "make Homer swear at the ocean" job. I have to wait until tomorrow now.