Old 09-02-2014, 09:07 PM

I've been done for a day or two. I know I played more than most people, but I didn't grind on purpose (played because it was fun and I had the time) and I didn't spend donuts to speed it up.

It's going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong month.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

I have every character in the game and I currently have all of them doing an outdoor, visible activity. If anyone cares.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
I have every character in the game and I currently have all of them doing an outdoor, visible activity. If anyone cares.

Cool, I checked it out. I love your town I am jealous of everything having a nice big yard. All my land is picked tight.

My fave of your characters right now is Hans Moleman. He is just trying to take a photograph and he keeps getting hit in the nuts with a frisbee!

I got startled by the random giant grasshoppers
Old 09-03-2014, 03:25 AM

How are some people getting so much gold?

I'm playing pretty frequently. I always place five individual raiders on other springfield, use d20s on non friend castles, scatter a number of individual raiders through friend and non friend cities apart from early morning here (between midnight and 4 am in the us) when I attack non friend castles with enough nerds to take it out in 4 hours. Seemed like a decent way to play but I only have 11k gold compared to some of my friends with over 30k!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:53 AM

I think the non-friend castles pay out more, so die-killing those is better.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:54 AM

I also feel like when this is over in a week or two, I'm going to be left with a LOT of space taken up by castles that seem an odd fit in the town and otherwise are just kinda there. They won't yield anything special long-term. Like the pet cemeteries and ice sculptures and stuff.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdPhoenix View Post
How are some people getting so much gold?

....when I attack non friend castles with enough nerds to take it out in 4 hours....
I think this is your problem. Just attack with one and you're likely to have many more nerds to spread around.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
Looking at other people's level 43 towns and parks, how long does it take (roughly) to get that high? 6 months? A year? more? The amount of stuff you get by level 43 is pretty impressive but the limited interaction has me wondering how long I can sustain it. I've played games like this before and I tend to go maybe 3-4 months at most before it starts to feel too much like work.
I got to Level 43 while playing between the end of March and beginning of September. I didn't have any friends until June, though. Turns out having a bunch of friends helps, at least in the beginning because clicking through friends every day can get you a lot of money.

Later on, the amount of money it brings in isn't significant but then you can get donuts from clicking.

Also you can click on friends' Krustylands to get tickets (instead of their towns) and it helps build up Krustyland - which is what you can do when not building up your town. Or in tandem with it. I didn't really build my Krustyland up until July or August.

But when these special scenarios come up, like the Clash of Clans thing here, you'd better have friends or the game doesn't hardly even make sense (although they are being good about giving people "invaders" to play against even if you don't have friends).

Anyway, in 3-4 months if you grind a bit and have friends and do all the work, you can get pretty far.

Last edited by ZipperJJ; 09-03-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspartan View Post
I also feel like when this is over in a week or two
You might be done in a week or two, but the event goes until October 7th. Not sure if that's what you meant, but I thought I'd clarify
Old 09-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

They added a bunch of new items purchasable with elixirs. Damn them, because I just spent 3500 elixirs on a meaningless castle upgrade. But oh well, it won't take long to get more.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:56 PM

Per the TSTO official FB page, level 44 is coming soon.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skammer View Post
They added a bunch of new items purchasable with elixirs. Damn them, because I just spent 3500 elixirs on a meaningless castle upgrade. But oh well, it won't take long to get more.

Meaningless?!? Haven't you been paying attention to the Simpsons' dialogue?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekweizn View Post
I think this is your problem. Just attack with one and you're likely to have many more nerds to spread around.
Thanks, that did it. I guess most people must play a lot less than me as a surprising amount of the attacks are succeeding. Up to 11k now!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
Per the TSTO official FB page, level 44 is coming soon.
Shit, I'm like 20k XP away from getting some donuts, I better step it up.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:45 PM

Since this latest update my game locks up at other people's Springfields. It appears to be mostly others who have not yet been updated, but I'm not 100% certain on that one.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm already tired of this event. I have spent enough elixir to buy all the walls, towers, banners, hay carts and stockades I really want but it seems pointless to keep upgrading my castles for more and more nerds when I can barely spend them all already. It'll be nice to get the last couple of prizes for gold, I suppose, but it doesn't seem like this event needs to go until October.
I must not be playing optimally, because I have miles to go. I'm not earning elixir or gold fast enough. I need till October.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

I have obtained all of the prizes associated with the Clash of Clones storyline. Henceforth, other than my castles, my properties will generally be left undefended, except to the extent they come up in other quests (and except to the extent I forget my promise and start tapping on everything indiscriminately). Have at them.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigen View Post
I must not be playing optimally, because I have miles to go. I'm not earning elixir or gold fast enough. I need till October.
Same here. During events, I try to get into the game about twice a day, between events once a day. In both, some days I don't meet my goal. Some of us don't set a timer so we click our castle every two hours.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

Today's Real Life discusses TSTO strategy.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Is the hamburger a metaphor for something about the game?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
I have obtained all of the prizes associated with the Clash of Clones storyline. Henceforth, other than my castles, my properties will generally be left undefended, except to the extent they come up in other quests (and except to the extent I forget my promise and start tapping on everything indiscriminately). Have at them.
Me too, except my disclaimer I'd that my blue house farm is so close together that my rebuild house A click sometimes registers as defend house B.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Try this link instead.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigen View Post
Attack non-friend Springfields only. You get 70 elixirs from non-friend houses, 140 for castles. Friend houses get you only 18 elixir. Also only put one nerd on each attack as others have said. Since there are people that have built up a good bit by now, I try to only attack castles that say 13-14 hours (with no nerds set) or houses that say 13 hours (with no nerds set).

Once I figured out that strategy, especially the only attacking non friend castles bit, I went from 10k to 20k coins in 5 days. Usually I wake up in the morning and have 3000 to 5000 elixir waiting for me, sometimes more.

I finally got my Krustyland! Just running through the initial quests so I can start building!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:04 PM

I have the donuts to buy the two-nicorn, but I don't think I want to spend that much on a NPC. However, I like unicorns (my username is a unicorn from My Little Pony) and rainbows. I want to test it out in other people's Springfields, but I can't find one. Hell, I found a freaking leprechaun TWICE yesterday, and those little buggers are tiny and fast. I tap every whale I see and some of the other things I don't have, but for me there's never gonna be no unicorn...

And because I am going to so many towns to distribute nerds, it's not like the small sampling of my 90ish friends. I go to soooooooooooooooooooo many towns...
Old 09-11-2014, 12:23 AM

I have the twonicorn. Same username here and there.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minionkat View Post
I have the twonicorn. Same username here and there.
I never saw it in your town. I'll look again later tonight. I did find one in a random stranger's town this morning, FINALLY.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:46 PM

As long as you got to see one. What did you decide?
Old 09-11-2014, 09:54 PM

Not sure if this has been asked before, and forgive me for not wading through 60 pages of this thread. But what's good to spend donuts on? I've been saving mine and up to about 45 or so.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

I also have the twonicorn.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Not sure if this has been asked before, and forgive me for not wading through 60 pages of this thread. But what's good to spend donuts on? I've been saving mine and up to about 45 or so.
I saved mine up for Bumblebee Man. I still stand by this choice. I have all the premium stuff now, and he still cracks me up the most.

“¡Ay, Dios no me ama!"
Old 09-12-2014, 11:25 AM

A premium character nets $1000 a day if you do 24 hour tasks, more if you do shorter tasks. I'm not sure what the best item for % boost is! but you need to be making 100,000 a day (before your other % boosts) for a 1% item to be worthwhile at the same donut amount. Of course a 1% boost is usually cheaper than a character, so I'm starting to think % boosts may be more efficient.

Of course my first purchase was Disco Stu because of fun, he's not close to the cheapest premium character
Old 09-12-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber View Post
A premium character nets $1000 a day if you do 24 hour tasks, more if you do shorter tasks. I'm not sure what the best item for % boost is! but you need to be making 100,000 a day (before your other % boosts) for a 1% item to be worthwhile at the same donut amount. Of course a 1% boost is usually cheaper than a character, so I'm starting to think % boosts may be more efficient.
Is there a list of premium characters (the ones that pay $1000 instead of $600 for a 24-hour task) you can get without having to spend donuts (e.g. Luann van Houten, if Simpsons Tapped Out Wikia is to be believed)?
Old 09-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I saved mine up for Bumblebee Man. I still stand by this choice. I have all the premium stuff now, and he still cracks me up the most.

“¡Ay, Dios no me ama!"
I've been saving up donuts with the same question in mind, and I have leaned toward Bumblebee Man or Barney. Does Bumblebee Man have a "naranjas en la cabeza" task?
Old 09-12-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Is there a list of premium characters (the ones that pay $1000 instead of $600 for a 24-hour task) you can get without having to spend donuts (e.g. Luann van Houten, if Simpsons Tapped Out Wikia is to be believed)?
I'm not sure there are any. Luann comes with the cracker factory, which costs donuts.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Many characters that are currently premium (or are offered for a limited time as premium) were given away for free or for event currency during previous events.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber View Post
I'm not sure there are any. Luann comes with the cracker factory, which costs donuts.
Didn't realize that - all I noticed is that she came with the Cracker Factory.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:12 PM

I apologize if this has already been answered - What is the point of upgrading town defense bonus? Don't I want friends/neighbors to attack me?
Old 09-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus28 View Post
I apologize if this has already been answered - What is the point of upgrading town defense bonus? Don't I want friends/neighbors to attack me?
You get more Elixir and Gold if you defend vs allow your building to be destroyed so it gives you more time to click without having to come back to your town as often.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
As long as you got to see one. What did you decide?
I think I'm going to pass on it for now. It's smaller than I'd like. If I'm going to spend donuts on an NPC, I want to be able to see it easily. I did spend the time in your town to track yours down and tap on it just because I knew it was there.

Quote:
My suggestion would be to wait if there isn't anything limited-time that you want. Halloween SHOULD start soon after this update is over and hopefully will have some good stuff and it might be pricy, or you might want lots of different things. For example, last year Kang was free but Kodos cost donuts. The Witch Marge skin (which I am hoping comes back) can be used to speed up crops.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post

My suggestion would be to wait if there isn't anything limited-time that you want. Halloween SHOULD start soon after this update is over and hopefully will have some good stuff and it might be pricy, or you might want lots of different things. For example, last year Kang was free but Kodos cost donuts. The Witch Marge skin (which I am hoping comes back) can be used to speed up crops.
Well I don't know what the difference is between any of the donut buildings/characters, but I'm not planning on spending real money on this game, so I want to use my donuts wisely. For example, ekweizn mentioned a few posts ago that some premium stuff is available cheap or free during events, and I don't want to waste donuts on things that may be free at some point. Plus I'd like to get something that provides the most cash/tickets back for the fewest donuts and so maximize my return.

What's the big deal about finding twonicorns at friends? Do you get money for finding them or something?
Old 09-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Charter Member

Fair Rarity just really likes unicorns and rainbows, and if you see one in a town you visit you can tap it and it barfs up a rainbow. That's all

I ended up spending money on the game. I play the Kwik E Mart scratchers all the time and it keeps telling me "If you'd have played Golden Scratch'r you'd have just won 9 donuts!" So I was like "Ok, I'll pay 99 cents for 9 donuts, whatever."

So I bought a Golden Scratch'r (for $1.06 - they charge tax!) and won 100 donuts. Haven't paid again but I'm wondering if it's not programmed to do something like that after you FINALLY give in. You know, to make you give in again?

Last edited by ZipperJJ; 09-13-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:05 AM

Had to share this http://www.tstofriends.com/tapping-b...yan-refresher/

He links to a program called Bluestacks that emulates android apps on your PC. I can't get Tapped out to work with it, but it works very well for Family Guy quest for stuff.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

I tried that Bluestacks for TSTO on my last laptop. It was really slow and glitchy. It may depend a lot on your machine and the quality of your internet connection.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Charter Member

By the way, in terms of a good way to spend donuts, I was very happy with the Cracker Factory. Not only did it unlock Luanne, but she has a nice quest line afterward which eventually leads you to be able to buy Fleet-a-Pita trucks which can help you boost your Gluttony rating, or your Grub rating in Krustyland. I'd rather buy five Pita trucks and spread them around town than five Gulp 'n Blows.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I tried that Bluestacks for TSTO on my last laptop. It was really slow and glitchy. It may depend a lot on your machine and the quality of your internet connection.
I tried it too. Had an awful graphics glitch where the screen kept flashing. As I only used if for TSTO, ditched it.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

New update today? Suddenly I'm at level 45 and I have Artie Ziff and the ZiffCo sign, and I need to build some indoor tennis courts and ZiffCo itself.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
By the way, in terms of a good way to spend donuts, I was very happy with the Cracker Factory. Not only did it unlock Luanne, but she has a nice quest line afterward which eventually leads you to be able to buy Fleet-a-Pita trucks which can help you boost your Gluttony rating, or your Grub rating in Krustyland. I'd rather buy five Pita trucks and spread them around town than five Gulp 'n Blows.
It's Luann who rolls around in the hamster ball, right? I like that.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 PM

Yessssss, Artie Ziff and Uter. These are the types of updates they need to be doing, with the classic characters.

The Fortress of Chocolatude is pretty amusing.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:20 PM

My phone is officially no longer supported for TSTO . I tried the BlueStacks thing and couldn't get it to load at all. There is nothing wrong with my four year old Samsung, except that I can't play my game on it any more.

I was thinking about upgrading, but will not do it just because of the game. Hopefully the iPhone 6 will depress the price of the Samsungs and I can get a sweet deal on the S4 mini soon.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

I just fat-fingered an attack on another town and blew up Willie's shack with a cheater. Someone's going to think I'm upset about the referendum.