Old 02-14-2019, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Fantasy baseball ethics question

I’m in two $50 fantasy baseball leagues and I’ll be in Europe for a couple of weeks in May. I was thinking of giving my login and password information to a friend who’s apartment sitting for me and allowing him to manage my teams for the time I’m gone. He knows his stuff about fantasy baseball, both are roto leagues with just one category difference. Is this ethical? I’m going to be quite busy during my trip and the time difference doesn’t help. I’d like to spend more time with my friends this trip and less time looking at my phone wondering if a team is going to change their closer.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

I know that many fantasy leagues have multiple owners for teams, so I don't see this as being an "ethical" issue, so long as the other team owners and commissioner in your league are aware of your plan, and it's not something that's specifically banned in your league's rules.
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM

I don't see any ethical problem here. There's no guarantee your friend will do any better than you would.
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

I'd say the main ethical question is how you split the winnings with your friend.
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quercus View Post
I'd say the main ethical question is how you split the winnings with your friend.

Most of the time I win in any fantasy league, we go out for a nice dinner and then cocktails. These two leagues are really tough, so I’m not at all confident about finishing in the money in either league.