Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7401  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:39 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
It's FOX. Of course they'll cancel it at some point.

I don't think they've ever had a contract that says the show cannot be cancelled.
__________________
Tentatively and lightly dipping my toes back in the water.
  #7402  
Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
Alright, this Bobby Lashley Sisters thing is so bad I'm done with RAW for the night.
__________________
Tentatively and lightly dipping my toes back in the water.
  #7403  
Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 PM
nightshadea nightshadea is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: a condo in hell 10th lvl
Posts: 4,270
if they do it will just go back to nbc universal .....
  #7404  
Old 05-21-2018, 10:54 PM
D_Odds D_Odds is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Queens
Posts: 12,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
It's FOX. Of course they'll cancel it at some point.

I don't think they've ever had a contract that says the show cannot be cancelled.
That was probably tongue-in-cheek, but though scripted, WWE is probably contracting in the same way NFL and MLB contract. There are probably minimum numbers it must bring in, but Fox won't be able to cancel if they hit the minimums, and likely can't even move it around the schedule unless mutually agreed upon.
  #7405  
Old 05-22-2018, 11:55 AM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
FOX is buying Smackdown for a gazillion dollars.

It might also change to Friday nights. That's a death time, usually. At least they won't cancel it if the ratings tank, for 5 years at least.
With DVR's and plus-one viewing there aren't many "death times" anymore frankly. The closest you'd get is Saturday night. Besides, it's one day after Thursday Night Football and if you don't think Fox is using that platform to promote WWE you're crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
It's FOX. Of course they'll cancel it at some point.

I don't think they've ever had a contract that says the show cannot be cancelled.
I dunno, The Simpsons is still going on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
That was probably tongue-in-cheek, but though scripted, WWE is probably contracting in the same way NFL and MLB contract. There are probably minimum numbers it must bring in, but Fox won't be able to cancel if they hit the minimums, and likely can't even move it around the schedule unless mutually agreed upon.
Is that a real thing? The minimum ratings? Do you have a cite for that, because I've never heard of that and am interested to learn.
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7406  
Old 05-22-2018, 01:48 PM
D_Odds D_Odds is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Queens
Posts: 12,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Is that a real thing? The minimum ratings? Do you have a cite for that, because I've never heard of that and am interested to learn.
No cite, but WWE would be stupid not to make FOX guarantee the slot and FOX would be stupid not to have performance minimums to guarantee the slot. Neither are stupid in that regard.
  #7407  
Old 05-22-2018, 01:59 PM
That Don Guy That Don Guy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
FOX is buying Smackdown for a gazillion dollars.

It might also change to Friday nights. That's a death time, usually. At least they won't cancel it if the ratings tank, for 5 years at least.
Fox had enough trouble with its schedule after losing two hours to the NFL in the fall. Even if it is a Friday, that's another two hours each week that it loses, unless, somehow (and very unlikely, given that its affiliates love the advantage of having local news an hour before everyone else), it can talk its affiliates into letting it air network shows for three hours a night.
  #7408  
Old 05-24-2018, 11:47 AM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
The only solution to Reigns' chorus of boos is to find someone more hated than him, and now that Fox is in the picture it's only a matter of time before we get Reigns' new manager: Joe Buck.
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7409  
Old 05-24-2018, 01:00 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 13,716
I don't get the Joe Buck hate. He usually calls it down the middle. Chris Collinsworth could be a great heel manager.

Hmph. Prince Puma took on giants like Mil Muertes and Matanza solo in Lucha Underground. He didn't need no help.
  #7410  
Old 05-24-2018, 04:31 PM
That Don Guy That Don Guy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
The only solution to Reigns' chorus of boos is to find someone more hated than him, and now that Fox is in the picture it's only a matter of time before we get Reigns' new manager: Joe Buck.
Since it's Fox, here's an idea: in the same vein as "Corporate," have a new gimmick named "Programming," and have him talk about all of the shows he personally had Fox cancel. "Brooklyn Nine-Nine? I did that! No more X-Files or 24? Thank you! But I had to make room for classic Fox shows like Utopia! What's next on my list? The Orville? Bob's Burgers?" As an added bonus, have as his valet somebody who was a contestant on The Swan, and his stable can be a bunch of masked wrestlers called Mister Personality.
  #7411  
Old 05-24-2018, 07:37 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
No no no, we've seen that before. No network guy. Bad idea.

I just don't get WTF WWE is trying to do with Reigns. NO ONE believes this bullshit about him being picked on and pushed down by authority figures crap.
__________________
Tentatively and lightly dipping my toes back in the water.
  #7412  
Old 05-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 13,716
For 60 or so $$$ tonight, I could have been in a crowded arena tonight drinking $10 beer. I would have been about half a football field away from the ring and the rasslers would have looked like animated grains of rice.

I would have considered Big jaCass money well wasted, as well as that time sink of a dance-off. I pay to watch them pretend fight and potentially injure themselves, fer gosh sake.

On the other hand, I would have marked out for Rusev Day and performed the gestapo march to Samoa Joe's music. I would have counted with Evil Nakamura and Yessed to DB. But, seeing NXT earlier this year was a much better experience, so I regret nothing. Nothing, do you hear?
  #7413  
Old 05-29-2018, 09:36 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
And Big Ass walks out to no reaction.
__________________
Tentatively and lightly dipping my toes back in the water.
  #7414  
Old 05-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
For 60 or so $$$ tonight, I could have been in a crowded arena tonight drinking $10 beer. I would have been about half a football field away from the ring and the rasslers would have looked like animated grains of rice.

I would have considered Big jaCass money well wasted, as well as that time sink of a dance-off. I pay to watch them pretend fight and potentially injure themselves, fer gosh sake.

On the other hand, I would have marked out for Rusev Day and performed the gestapo march to Samoa Joe's music. I would have counted with Evil Nakamura and Yessed to DB. But, seeing NXT earlier this year was a much better experience, so I regret nothing. Nothing, do you hear?
Smackdown is coming back to Orlando in August and I'm trying to see if I can get seat-filler tickets for it. Otherwise, I might just skip it entirely.

I'm still mad I couldn't use my NXT house show tickets this past Saturday. We had front row and everything!! But Mrs. Cups started a new job and was invited to the company' suite for the OC soccer game. Figured that was more important/rare of an occurance
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7415  
Old 05-30-2018, 02:34 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
Austin Creed/Xavier Woods is filming a D&D episode of UpUpDownDown today, with Tye Dillinger, Ember Moon and a couple of people I'm not familiar with.

  #7416  
Old 05-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 13,716
They actually know how to play tabletop?

Youngsters today don't know how their fancy video games got started. /fart /fall asleep at 9

Great to see Chris (Donovan) Dijak finally debut in NXT, even if it was a squash job to Ricochet. This was a Prince Puma match. Deceptively strong and gravity defying. I'm marking big time over his feud with Velveeta.

Dijak is already better than Big Crass. Hope he doesn't fade into sudden obscurity like AoP and sAniTY.
  #7417  
Old 05-31-2018, 10:21 AM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
They actually know how to play tabletop?

Youngsters today don't know how their fancy video games got started. /fart /fall asleep at 9

Great to see Chris (Donovan) Dijak finally debut in NXT, even if it was a squash job to Ricochet. This was a Prince Puma match. Deceptively strong and gravity defying. I'm marking big time over his feud with Velveeta.

Dijak is already better than Big Crass. Hope he doesn't fade into sudden obscurity like AoP and sAniTY.
Spoiler Alert: He will.

He loses every single match in the house shows. He's not even putting over the bigger talents either, he's losing to Mars and Rocky and Steve Cutler and stuff. I can't imagine that bodes well for his future.
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7418  
Old 05-31-2018, 01:37 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/statu...25589955293184
  #7419  
Old 05-31-2018, 02:01 PM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Awwwwww jeez....I-I-I dunno about this one
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7420  
Old 05-31-2018, 06:38 PM
Smapti Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 15,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
...and that's the waaaaaaaaaaaaay the news goes!
  #7421  
Old 05-31-2018, 09:32 PM
ekedolphin ekedolphin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 4,636
It's a shameful thing, Lobster Head!
  #7422  
Old 06-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
Ok, this idea of Corbin holding Angles leash is fucking stupid. If they keep pushing this sort of trash, I may take a break from RAW again.
__________________
Tentatively and lightly dipping my toes back in the water.
  #7423  
Old 06-05-2018, 01:15 AM
TriPolar TriPolar is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 39,321
Wow! KO must be really hurt after the way Finn hit right in the mat next to him with both feet.

SmackDown on Fox? Great way to finally let it rest in peace.

Rousey showing Natty how to punch? Might as well learn how to pass a football from Garo Yepremian.

He's still winning his matches but they're taking Braun down the Big Show road to Loserville.

Elias is one of the best characters they have. When does he get a push in the ring instead of on the mike? I assume he's not really ready yet but the potential is enormous.
__________________
ed
  #7424  
Old 06-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
I golf on Monday's and haven't watched RAW in forever...yet it seems like I'm not missing much.

That's too bad.
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7425  
Old 06-05-2018, 10:22 AM
TriPolar TriPolar is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 39,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
I golf on Monday's and haven't watched RAW in forever...yet it seems like I'm not missing much.

That's too bad.
Yeah, I FF through it in less time than ever now. It's hard to break the habit of watching wrestling on a weekly basis for more than 50 years, I keep hoping for one of those brief periods of quality sportsertainment to start again, but it's been so long I think it may never happen again.
__________________
ed
  #7426  
Old 06-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 13,716
Bruce Pritchard's podcasts are always interesting to listen to. He doesn't rant like Corny, and his cohost will ask him a lot of "what happened behind the scenes" questions. Pritchard doesn't seem to bear any grudges, and understands that sometimes ideas crap out and they just have to keep on keeping on.

They did a show on Vince Russo and how much he actually did when he worked for WWE. Pritchard gave him credit where credit was due, and otherwise shot down some of his claims. He did the same with JR. He also admitted to his own stinkers.

He said that when Vince first saw John Cena, he thought he was on steroids and wanted him gone. They explained he was a natural bodybuilder, so Vince wouldn't have to go on trial.
  #7427  
Old 06-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Barkis is Willin' Barkis is Willin' is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Bruce Pritchard's podcasts are always interesting to listen to. He doesn't rant like Corny, and his cohost will ask him a lot of "what happened behind the scenes" questions. Pritchard doesn't seem to bear any grudges, and understands that sometimes ideas crap out and they just have to keep on keeping on.

They did a show on Vince Russo and how much he actually did when he worked for WWE. Pritchard gave him credit where credit was due, and otherwise shot down some of his claims. He did the same with JR. He also admitted to his own stinkers.

He said that when Vince first saw John Cena, he thought he was on steroids and wanted him gone. They explained he was a natural bodybuilder, so Vince wouldn't have to go on trial.
I love Bruce Prichard's podcast. I wonder how much of this stuff he really remembers and how much is just BS. Who can remember that much from that long ago?
The same co-host has a podcast with Tony Schiavone, which is mostly watch-alongs with commentary. And he just started a new one with Eric Bischoff, which is basically the WCW version of what he does with Prichard.

I've never been a Wrestling Observer subscriber, but I do love shoot interviews and the behind the scenes details of pro wrestling.
  #7428  
Old 06-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
Pritchard also took full credit for signing Cena and the rapper gimmick.

I just take his claims with a block of salt.
  #7429  
Old 06-05-2018, 03:55 PM
TriPolar TriPolar is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 39,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Pritchard also took full credit for signing Cena and the rapper gimmick.

I just take his claims with a block of salt.
Being a wrestler means living life partly in the storyline. Eventually they just can't help it. It's a little easier since the time Vince 'came out' on what wrestling was, the old timers had their lives and storylines interminably mixed. It's not like they're always full of crap about everything, but on the subject of wrestling they just can't help falling into character.
__________________
ed
  #7430  
Old 06-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
Being a wrestler means living life partly in the storyline. Eventually they just can't help it. It's a little easier since the time Vince 'came out' on what wrestling was, the old timers had their lives and storylines interminably mixed. It's not like they're always full of crap about everything, but on the subject of wrestling they just can't help falling into character.
I think things like Pritchard or Schivonie is less "in character" and more ego. Not necessarily a bad or overblown ego, just convincing yourself you did something grand or had a bigger part in it than you did for the sake of feeling important or getting downloads on your pod.

Again, not a bad thing, but another side effect of living in that business.
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7431  
Old 06-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Cell Guy Cell Guy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 704
In the lawsuit filed by that WWE doctor against CM Punk and Colt Cabana the jury found in favor of Punk and Cabana. So at least Punk will have one victory this week.
  #7432  
Old 06-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
Yeah, the guy blew up his entire case and any chance of winning on appeal by telling the court that he didn't actually suffer any financial or reputation damage.

"I'm suing for $4 million in damages!"
"Were you damaged?"
"No, not at all."
__________________
Tentatively and lightly dipping my toes back in the water.
  #7433  
Old 06-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
So....Smackdown was a thing.

Lana insists on having a vagina on her top for some reason, the New Day is starting to go a bit stale for me (although Big E looks friggin huge) and a good main event ended in dumb silliness.

Sounds about right.
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7434  
Old 06-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 13,716
I'm wondering if MITB will be the breakup for ND. They still haven't decided which member will climb the ladder, so they have a big fight among themselves.
  #7435  
Old 06-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
I'm wondering if MITB will be the breakup for ND. They still haven't decided which member will climb the ladder, so they have a big fight among themselves.
I hope not. Just having the briefcase and trying to Freebird it by having various members carry it around in the mean time (even if we know WWE won't let them do that) could be fun. Say, Kofi wins the briefcase, but Big E runs into the ring with it teasing a cash in. The then-champ gets up and attacks Big E during the long delay they see to have intentionally added, when Kofi comes in and nails the champ from behind to win the title. Or the other way around.

And damn it, I think those guys deserve singles titles.

Last edited by Chimera; 06-06-2018 at 01:52 PM.
  #7436  
Old 06-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
I hope not. Just having the briefcase and trying to Freebird it by having various members carry it around in the mean time (even if we know WWE won't let them do that) could be fun. Say, Kofi wins the briefcase, but Big E runs into the ring with it teasing a cash in. The then-champ gets up and attacks Big E during the long delay they see to have intentionally added, when Kofi comes in and nails the champ from behind to win the title. Or the other way around.

And damn it, I think those guys deserve singles titles.
This is, more or less, exactly what I want to happen.

I want Kofi to win it (Lord knows he's been in enough ladder matches and never won one...has he?) that he deserves a win. Then let ND carry it around a while and have Big E cash in on someone and let him wander around with the title. In the meantime, let Kofi and Xavier win the tag belts and they can have separate lives but still be The NEW! DAY! without some stupid-ass breakup.
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7437  
Old 06-06-2018, 04:23 PM
TriPolar TriPolar is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 39,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
I want Kofi to win it (Lord knows he's been in enough ladder matches and never won one...has he?) that he deserves a win.
Kofi has been a great worker for them for years and he definitely deserves a big push for a singles title. I assume if it's the top title it would just be a transition, but they could follow that with a US or Intercontinental title for a decent run, and New Day backing him up.
__________________
ed

Last edited by TriPolar; 06-06-2018 at 04:23 PM.
  #7438  
Old 06-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 13,716
WWE definitely benefits from all the Booty merchandise, so they probably wouldn't want to pull the plug on it. I do like the Freebird rule idea for whoever carries the briefcase, and no doubt Michael Hayes is pushing for it behind the scenes. Besides, you know they're going to milk the WHO? WHOO? WHOOO? routine for all it's worth when deciding who gets the ladder.
  #7439  
Old 06-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
I'm all for them repeatedly teasing freebirding it and carrying on like that is absolutely what they are doing without any 'no that isn't happening' on-screen pushback.

But I would like the cash-in to be by the person who got the briefcase, so that their opponent could not claim any controversy or appeal it and the announcers can put over as completely legitimate.

That being said, WWE would almost certainly go with the bullshit controversy angle.
  #7440  
Old 06-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 13,716
“Something Else To Wrestle” Episode Allegedly Delayed Due To “Creative Differences”

Before you read any further, this is borderline clickbait. I ask you: Who do you think the "creative differences" are between?

tick tick tick

Did you think it was between the hosts? I did. I had just posted a minute ago how much I liked the show because Pritchard and Thompson had good rapport. How can they be at each other's throats already?

Turns out it's because Thompson thought WWE was editing too much out of their upcoming ECW show. OK you got me, you goblins.
  #7441  
Old 06-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
Thompson was riding Pritchard's ass pretty hard in the John Cena one. Accusing him of sucking Triple H's dick, rolling his eyes and disbelieving Pritchard's claims about discovering Cena and coming up with the rap gimmick.

Perhaps, like me, he was just getting tired of Pritchard putting himself over so much and claiming credit for everything under the sun.
  #7442  
Old 06-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
Both WWE and NJPW are going to be in Daytona this summer (not at the same time). It's only about an hour away or so, but I don't think it's worth it for WWE because we're getting Smackdown sometime soon and that's a bit of a trip.

It's slightly more worth it for NJPW because I've never seen them before, but I saw half of them all in ROH and the other half are Japanese dudes I don't care about or know...so I think I'm skipping that too.

The closest I'd get would be Lucha Underground, but the ones I care about with them have all left too...or I can see them if Impact ever comes back to Orlando.

Sorry internet...guess I'm *that* wrestling fan
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7443  
Old 06-08-2018, 10:08 AM
TriPolar TriPolar is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 39,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Both WWE and NJPW are going to be in Daytona this summer (not at the same time). It's only about an hour away or so, but I don't think it's worth it for WWE because we're getting Smackdown sometime soon and that's a bit of a trip.

It's slightly more worth it for NJPW because I've never seen them before, but I saw half of them all in ROH and the other half are Japanese dudes I don't care about or know...so I think I'm skipping that too.

The closest I'd get would be Lucha Underground, but the ones I care about with them have all left too...or I can see them if Impact ever comes back to Orlando.

Sorry internet...guess I'm *that* wrestling fan
Just wait. If they're any good you'll see them all again as they work their career through the different orgs.
__________________
ed
  #7444  
Old 06-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Sir T-Cups Sir T-Cups is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
Just wait. If they're any good you'll see them all again as they work their career through the different orgs.
RIght now I can just translate that to "If they're any good they'll show up in NXT". Seems to have worked pretty well for me so far
__________________
Want to see more of my adventures in Orlando? Follow Mrs. Cups and me @theorlandoduo on Instagram. And check out our blog too: TheOrlandoDuo.com
  #7445  
Old 06-09-2018, 06:09 AM
Smapti Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 15,564
Meanwhile in Japan, Chris Jericho just won the Intercontentinal championship off Tetsuya Naito with a Codebreaker off of a low-blow, so I don't think we'll be seeing him in WWE again any time soon.

Last edited by Smapti; 06-09-2018 at 06:10 AM.
  #7446  
Old 06-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Smapti Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 15,564
Kenny Omega is your new and 66th IWGP Heavyweight Champion, having beaten Kazuchika Okada, two falls to one, with one hour and five minutes elapsed, ending the Rainmaker's record-breaking reign of 720 days and twelve successful defenses.

This was probably one of the best matches I've ever seen. God damn.

Last edited by Smapti; 06-09-2018 at 07:38 AM.
  #7447  
Old 06-09-2018, 09:42 AM
Chimera Chimera is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 24,182
And I awoke this morning to find that Alexa Bliss followed me on Twitter.

I don't expect it to last more than a couple of hours, but for the brief shining moment, I'm going to crow about it.
  #7448  
Old 06-10-2018, 07:51 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 13,716
CM Punk is now 0-2 in MMA

At least he didn't get destroyed in the 1st round like last time and actually went the distance, but it sounds like his opponent was being either kind or sadistic.
  #7449  
Old 06-10-2018, 10:23 AM
cgg419 cgg419 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
CM Punk is now 0-2 in MMA

At least he didn't get destroyed in the 1st round like last time and actually went the distance, but it sounds like his opponent was being either kind or sadistic.
The first round wasn’t too bad, he even got a takedown towards the end. The second and third however, Jackson just hit him at will. By the end Punk was a bloody mess.
  #7450  
Old 06-10-2018, 10:56 AM
TriPolar TriPolar is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 39,321
Give Punk credit for trying. Then go back to laughing at him, if he can't take the ridicule then withdraw the credit.
__________________
ed
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017