Old 07-14-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal View Post
I would prefer a 10-14 day event every couple of months or so.
I am so bored with this particular event. I didn't get stretchable Bart and I kind of don't care. These 6 week(?) events are too fucking long. I agree a 10-14 day event should be the longest they go.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post
I'm also getting tired of this event and the relentless schedule of events. It reminds me a bit of that Family Guy game,
I'm playing the Family Guy game and it is kind of ridiculous with the events. They come so fast and frequent that I still haven't finished out the quests for characters I got from two events ago. It's relentless and starting to annoy me.

Quote:
which I finally stopped playing because it became impossible to do much of an event without spending a ton of money.
I don't spend any money on Family Guy and I swear just doing the events normally with out fast tracking with clams most events I don't even get half-way through the content before it ends. I'm getting close to being done with it.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunky Smurf View Post
I'm playing the Family Guy game and it is kind of ridiculous with the events. They come so fast and frequent that I still haven't finished out the quests for characters I got from two events ago. It's relentless and starting to annoy me.

I don't spend any money on Family Guy and I swear just doing the events normally with out fast tracking with clams most events I don't even get half-way through the content before it ends. I'm getting close to being done with it.
I know what you mean, and I feel like there was a point where they really ramped up the speed and the difficulty. I think the Family Guy people must have concluded that they have enough hard-core clam-spending devotees that they can sustain the game by focusing on that crowd, and letting the more casual players drop away. I quit during the Princess Bride event and have not been back.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:22 PM

I think EA is reading OLD forum posts. From the days when it would be MONTHS between events or level updates. People would beg for content so they're finally getting around to it. So in a year or two they'll get around to the "OMG it's too long too often" posts and space these out better.

If I were a low-level player, I'd be very frustrated trying to keep up levels and trying to play through the game. You need Homer and Lisa for everything.

This event wouldn't be so bad if it were just tapping. I don't like battles.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:25 PM

Looks like EA is being stupid and having technical difficulties. I was logged out when I tried to play and when I tried to log in it kept erroring out. And I tried to change my password and that kept erroring out and then I tried to log into my EA account on the website and that errored out saying tech. diff. so I went a goggleing and found this.

http://downdetector.com/status/ea

Quote:
16 July: Problems at EA
EA is having issues since 2:09 PM EDT. Are you also affected? Leave a message in the comments.
And in the comments some of which were within 15 minutes of this post saying they can't log in either.

Basically saying other people have been having problems as well today. Hopefully they'll fix their stuff soon.

Last edited by Drunky Smurf; 07-16-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:24 PM

Well bless my cherry-scented toe nail polish the shits working again and I was able to login. Thank goodness. I was just about to walk out the door to go get some crack to get my fix.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:54 PM

I finished the friend battle prize track this evening. I'm happy about that because it was such a pain timing them.

I should have the bouncing baby prize tomorrow, so that's halfway I think. I should be ok on getting all of the prizes. I've been playing just twice a day or so. It seems they've made this one fairly easy to get through.

I'm in agreement about disliking the battles. The fast forward button really helps in that regard.

What I'm tired of most, though, is how long everything takes to load. It may be because my Kindle Fire is old, 3 years, but the load screens take forever.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:50 AM

There's a new piece added today where you have to fight giant Pinchy. Also, the daily challenge for me is to upgrade fighters and I don't have any fighters to upgrade. I could buy the Fruitbat Man costume for Burns but I didn't really want to spend the donuts on that.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:52 AM

Is there something broken with friend battles? For the last week or more, I'm going up against three orange/muscle fighters--100% of the time, with literally zero exceptions, and I've only got one tech guy to fight them. Is it just me getting that?
Old 07-19-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
There's a new piece added today where you have to fight giant Pinchy. Also, the daily challenge for me is to upgrade fighters and I don't have any fighters to upgrade. I could buy the Fruitbat Man costume for Burns but I didn't really want to spend the donuts on that.
I would just use the veto on the daily challenge to get the next one.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Is there something broken with friend battles? For the last week or more, I'm going up against three orange/muscle fighters--100% of the time, with literally zero exceptions, and I've only got one tech guy to fight them. Is it just me getting that?
I seem to get the same fighters with the same friends.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I get the same.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
Hey thanks,

I never did that before, now all I have to do is collect 15 Hollywood awards. I can do that.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Me too, most of the time.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:38 PM

I was the same way until yesterday. You can get Meg Ahertz as you progress through the friend battles but you only have the one tech fighter. I save my vitamin water for the friend battles and use them there, I've found that recharging isn't as important to me with the other heroes in my town.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
Yeah, thanks.

I did not know I could even do this and I've been stuck on the same daily, "collect 5 iPads from Springfield Heights" forever and I had already maxed out every resource and including building all the buildings that use the iPads so I really had no way to get them down to be able to make more to complete the daily.

Oh what a relief.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Same, but it's only certain friends. I have like 200 healing waters so I don't feel bad about gulping them, it's just easier to autobattle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunky Smurf View Post
Yeah, thanks.

I did not know I could even do this and I've been stuck on the same daily, "collect 5 iPads from Springfield Heights" forever and I had already maxed out every resource and including building all the buildings that use the iPads so I really had no way to get them down to be able to make more to complete the daily.

Oh what a relief.
You can build decorations: Classy Fountain is the only one I see.
They're also required to build academy awards, so you could spend some of those below 200 and then send someone to make those. But rejecting the quest is easier.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 PM

I'm really glad I'm almost done because I'm so over this update even more than before.

The updates that came down the last two days are too big for my phone. I know there are workarounds like uninstalling and reinstalling, but you know what? I don't want multi-gb games on my fucking PHONE. Yes I have small memory that right now is really full, but this game takes up too much space.

I can play on my other devices, so it's not like GAME OVER for me unless I start deleting major apps, but it's SUPER annoying and happens too frequently.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:48 AM

1.2 GB on mine. I like the Android program DiskUsage to figure out what is taking up the most room (I'm sure iOS has an equivalent).
Old 07-20-2016, 08:29 PM

It started working out of nowhere this morning. Maybe the pending Gil deal hogged up the data and when it launched, it backed back down.

Still unhappy but two prizes away from being all done.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:45 AM

Does anyone know whether we get to keep our felon fighters after the event?
Old 07-21-2016, 03:27 PM

I think we'll get to keep some. Like Charcoal Briquette. TSOAddicts has a list of her permanent tasks. I'm not sure about the other ones.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:26 PM

Based on past events, Briquette, King Coal, etc. will probably remain characters. S.T.E.M.antha and the rest of the friend battle villains will go away, but maybe will be purchaseable with donuts as a non-interactive decorative character like Snowball II.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:02 PM

Yeah. That's what I was getting at. The friends battles felons, and I am anticipating the same thing. They'll be on the market for donuts but will be non playable characters.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:21 AM

I accidentally bought Fruitbat Man Burns earlier today. For 90 donuts. Can't believe it didn't ask to confirm the purchase.

I sneezed, and my finger slid over the "purchase" button
Old 07-22-2016, 09:01 PM

Ouch. I thought that was way over-priced. I've made slips before, not to that degree, bit annoying nonetheless.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
I accidentally bought Fruitbat Man Burns earlier today. For 90 donuts. Can't believe it didn't ask to confirm the purchase.

I sneezed, and my finger slid over the "purchase" button
You do know that you can turn on confirmation in the options, yes? It's easy to accidentally turn off, but that should only happen once before you figure it out and fix it.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
You do know that you can turn on confirmation in the options, yes? It's easy to accidentally turn off, but that should only happen once before you figure it out and fix it.
[Frank Drebin]

I realize that. Now.

[/Frank Drebin]
Old 07-23-2016, 09:32 PM

Keep an eye on it after updates. Sometimes it unchecks itself.

It's why I stopped playing gameloft games. There's no "confirm spend" button and I lost my earned shit too many times.

Just a thousand... cans?... away from the crab dude and I'm done. I hope we have a nice long break. Something small at the end of august for a week or two, then another break until Halloween... A better Halloween than last year.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:22 PM

I almost missed out on Dr. Crab. I was just a couple of hundred things away from getting him and the fights were going to be available, to get those last couple of hundred, about 15 minutes before midnight when the event was going to end. So I just had to stay up till 11:45 and then do a couple of quick fights. But I fell asleep on the couch. But then I woke up with 6 minutes until midnight. So I knocked out two quick fights to get Dr. Crab and then went to bed.

I wake up this morning and go to check to make sure I did indeed get Dr. Crab. And I did. And the event was still going. WTH Simpsons?
Old 07-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member

It always happens to me that I fall asleep on the last night that I need to collect stuff!

And then they always extend the event too.

I am still like 10k away from Dr. Crab. I don't see it happening...
Old 07-26-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
Keep an eye on it after updates. Sometimes it unchecks itself.
That's been my experience too. As I recall, I wasn't believed earlier in the thread. :p

It is possible to uncheck it with wild clicking and I'm pretty sure I've done that as well.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah. That's what I was getting at. The friends battles felons, and I am anticipating the same thing. They'll be on the market for donuts but will be non playable characters.
According to TSOaddicts it's this. Once you update the felons become available for 30 Ds a pair.

Also a monorail continuation.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:15 PM

Well I updated and it gave me a pair of felons for free. They're fighting each other in orphan alley. One of the people of at TSOaddicts said they got a free pair as well but mentioned that they completed the event and got all the prizes and that maybe that was why. I also completed the event and got all the prizes so I don't know if that's a factor in getting free felons.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:26 PM
Charter Member

I got free felons but didn't get enough cans for Dr. Crab.

I bought the fish recycling center. I ended up with a ton of donuts after this event (I bought a platinum scratcher and got the lowest amount, 100 donuts) and was waiting for something worthwhile to show up.

If I keep at it, the fish recycling plant will help me get more donuts.

I am so glad the game is giving us more opportunity for donuts now!
Old 07-27-2016, 02:51 PM

I haven't updated yet, I am halfway to getting another 3 donuts by pinching the felons so I'll see if I can do that. The monorail extension intrigues me though.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:41 PM

Updated this morning. Glad it's over. I have no desire to mess with the new monorail stuff though. At least not yet. It'll be nice to have a break.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:59 PM

The new monorail is pretty easy. They decreased the number of blueprints needed for each prize so it only took a day or two to finish the week. I don't know if it will continue to be that easy but it looks to me like it will stick around for awhile so you probably are fine giving it a break.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:13 PM

I'm not bothering with the monorail. During its event I only did enough to finish the event and haven't done once since. Sure, I'd love to have a nice monorail around my whole town and SH, but I can't be bothered. Maybe some day.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:06 PM

The monorail was a pain in the ass when introduced. All those short grinding tasks to get pieces. I'm happy with the monorail I put together. It connects just two of the stations (third is in storage) and has a lot of squiggly pieces -- if you were to actually ride my monorail you'd probably get car sick. But it looks cool I think. It's the grinding that I don't like.

The tunnel is intriguing, but that means either figuring out a way to connect it with what I have or grinding to get more track. I just don't feel like doing that right now.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Charter Member

The stupid part is that it allows you to connect to Springfield Heights - and I'm sure you all have tons of extra room up there for a monorail, like I do.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:52 AM

I finished the monorail event. I got the tunnel. I placed the tunnel. Now I am done again with the monorail.

The first time around I only placed the stations and made a tiny oval of a track and put the tons of extra pieces in storage. This time around I just placed the tunnel. I didn't add any new track pieces or anything.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
The monorail was a pain in the ass when introduced. All those short grinding tasks to get pieces. I'm happy with the monorail I put together. It connects just two of the stations (third is in storage) and has a lot of squiggly pieces -- if you were to actually ride my monorail you'd probably get car sick. But it looks cool I think. It's the grinding that I don't like.

The tunnel is intriguing, but that means either figuring out a way to connect it with what I have or grinding to get more track. I just don't feel like doing that right now.
I've been using the recycling thing to grind out donuts, so now I have enough monorail pieces in storage to build a track to Jupiter and back. Enough with the monorail.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeeoaddi View Post
I've been using the recycling thing to grind out donuts, so now I have enough monorail pieces in storage to build a track to Jupiter and back. Enough with the monorail.
Me too. I wouldn't mind if they introduced new track pieces though. They need tracks that allow you to split off in different directions.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
Me too. I wouldn't mind if they introduced new track pieces though. They need tracks that allow you to split off in different directions.
The curved pieces need to not take up so much real estate. You can put the staight pieces pretty close together. It's also too easy to be off by one grid space, which is impossible to correct for with the available pieces.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:17 PM

Saw the prizes for this week. Prize #5 is a semi-truck with more railing, big whoop, BUT it also gives you 10 donuts, so Yea!.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:07 PM

Looks like a new Rio-themed event
Old 08-03-2016, 09:33 PM

What the jackfruit yo? Two events at the same time that use the same people. I got into the part where the event wants ribbons and went to send people on it and they want to use Homer and Lisa and Bart and Skinner. All people I need for the monorail event.

This is weak sauce EA.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:39 PM

On TSOAddicts they had a couple of pointers.

Ribbons don't carry over from part to part. (Say part 1 to part 2.)

Also the tire fire gives out 2 ribbons every 3 hours.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:53 PM

No idea what I'm doing. Didn't bother to read the instructions. I just saw that each character had a ribbon task so I sent around 100 people to complete that job. Dunno if it will net me anything.