Old 07-26-2019, 04:59 PM

Smirky McDouchebag lawsuit dismissed

Free speech absolutists everywhere rejoice.

Link

Quote:
The $250 million lawsuit filed by Nick Sandmann against the Washington Post has been dismissed by a federal judge.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Charter Member

Sandmann told to pound sand, man.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:37 PM

y'know, I'm perfectly willing to accept things didn't actually happen as the initial outrage claimed they did.

but man, that kid is in possession of one hell of a backpfeifengesicht. If I had a kid who smirked at me like that, I'd find it hard to resist the urge to pop him a good one.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
y'know, I'm perfectly willing to accept things didn't actually happen as the initial outrage claimed they did.
So youíre not delusional.

Quote:
but man, that kid is in possession of one hell of a backpfeifengesicht. If I had a kid who smirked at me like that, I'd find it hard to resist the urge to pop him a good one.
I get that. He lacks survival instincts for sure. And with parents who are going to sue anyone who says something bad about him, heís has no incentive to develop any. Someday heís going to play privileged activist to the wrong person and end up without any teeth.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
So youíre not delusional.

I get that. He lacks survival instincts for sure. And with parents who are going to sue anyone who says something bad about him, heís has no incentive to develop any. Someday heís going to play privileged activist to the wrong person and end up without any teeth.
He'll probably be a regular guest contributor on Hannity or Tucker Carlson
Old 07-26-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
If I had a kid who smirked at me like that, I'd find it hard to resist the urge to pop him a good one.

So how should the typical teenager react to a random stranger pushing up into their face while chanting and banging a drum?

Last edited by Darren Garrison; 07-26-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
So how should the typical teenager react to a random stranger pushing up into their face while chanting and banging a drum?
I suppose most would be disturbed or at least flustered by such an experience.

But you don't develop a face like that in response to one close encounter with a Native American. This kid really does have a potential future on FoxNews.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
But you don't develop a face like that in response to one close encounter with a Native American.

Not a "close encounter with a Native American"--a random adult getting up in a teen's face while chanting and banging a drum. The expression everybody is trying to call "smug" could just as easily be perplexed nervousness.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Not a "close encounter with a Native American"--a random adult getting up in a teen's face while chanting and banging a drum. The expression everybody is trying to call "smug" could just as easily be perplexed nervousness.
Anything's possible. Interpreting facial expressions clearly involves subjective judgment.

But people are going to trust their own subjective judgment. That can't be argued away.

Also: suing newspapers for "implying" something is an iffy business at best. The Post accurately quoted one of the principles in the encounter; Sandmann didn't like what the guy said. Punishing a newspaper for printing an accurate quotation would have been a ridiculously-fascist judgment by any American court. Thank all that's holy that we're not there yet.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:21 AM

IMO the purpose of the lawsuit was not to win damages, but to prolong the kid's exposure as an official victim of political correctness and the liberal media, in hopes of getting him a career in right-wing grievance media.

Last edited by Lord Feldon; 07-27-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Just spitballin' here . . . is walking away totally off the table?

CMC fnord!
Old 07-27-2019, 05:31 AM

The kid has an obnoxious, shit-eating grin for sure. He’s probably a cheeky little shit, if for no better reason than he’s a fifteen year old boy and most fifteen year old boys are cheeky little shits. I know I certainly was.

But now he’s in the news again it’s worth reiterating that he didn’t do anything wrong, and that the progressive left massively, and shamefully over-reacted and lost their collective minds because he was wearing a MAGA hat.

Last edited by Unreconstructed Man; 07-27-2019 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:37 AM

I feel sorry for the kid, because why won't his parents just LET THIS DIE FFS? It's like picking at a zit - what would have gone a way with a bit of discomfort in a few days turns into a massive crater that scars you for life
Old 07-27-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspidistra View Post
I feel sorry for the kid, because why won't his parents just LET THIS DIE FFS?
Good old wingnut welfare. They're crying all the way to the bank. I bet he goes to college for free at the very least. Edit: That one's already on its way.

Last edited by Lord Feldon; 07-27-2019 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
But now heís in the news again itís worth reiterating that he didnít do anything wrong, and that the progressive left massively, and shamefully over-reacted and lost their collective minds because he was wearing a MAGA hat.
His family filed a $250 million lawsuit against a newspaper for reporting the facts and you think the left overreacted?
Old 07-27-2019, 06:09 AM

I know I'm an idiot but this sentence from the article :

Quote:
U.S. District Judge William Bertelsman, who heard oral arguments earlier this month, issued the ruling on Friday in the case that garnered national attention.
had me chuckling. Did not know about lawyers giving blowjobs, or blowjobs being considered "argument"

(yes, I *know*. But once you've said "heard" you don't need to specify "oral". Y'can't fukken well hear a written argument, can you ?)

Last edited by Kobal2; 07-27-2019 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
His family filed a $250 million lawsuit against a newspaper for reporting the facts and you think the left overreacted?
Yes. The fact that Sandman's parents filed a ridiculous lawsuit doesnít have anything to do with the genuinely unhinged reaction of the progressive left.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Feldon View Post
Good old wingnut welfare. They're crying all the way to the bank. I bet he goes to college for free at the very least. Edit: That one's already on its way.
Didn't we used to have a barfie smiley round here? I feel like I need a barfie smiley
Old 07-27-2019, 09:11 AM
Charter Member

The smirk was just a prelude to his magic beam.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
I know I'm an idiot but this sentence from the article :

had me chuckling. Did not know about lawyers giving blowjobs, or blowjobs being considered "argument"

(yes, I *know*. But once you've said "heard" you don't need to specify "oral". Y'can't fukken well hear a written argument, can you ?)
It may seem somewhat redundant to “hear oral arguments,” but it’s a common phrase in the legal profession because written arguments are much more common and there are even proceedings that are sometimes thought of as being “written hearings.” So “oral argument” has become a somewhat set phrase and that leads to “hear oral argument” as another set phrase.

Last edited by Acsenray; 07-27-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

By the way, I might have appreciated a title and an OP that gave something of a summary of what this was all about.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Step out of the way?
Old 07-27-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:

But now heís in the news again itís worth reiterating that he didnít do anything wrong, and that the progressive left massively, and shamefully over-reacted and lost their collective minds because he was wearing a MAGA hat.
MAGA cap is the new Klan hood. So, the progressive left was at least partially justified.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
He's in the news again for being a whiny bitch snowflake.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsenray View Post
By the way, I might have appreciated a title and an OP that gave something of a summary of what this was all about.
I wanted to start a thread about Smirky McDouchebag's lawsuit being dismissed so I titled the thread, "Smirky McDouchebag lawsuit dismissed." That's self commenting code my man.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Turbo View Post
I wanted to start a thread about Smirky McDouchebag's lawsuit being dismissed so I titled the thread, "Smirky McDouchebag lawsuit dismissed." That's self commenting code my man.
And you couldn't be bothered to tell us who the fuck Smirky McDouchebag is? You'd rather have an OP that has us going "Huh? Who?" than "Oh yeah, that guy!"

This thread can be considered a followup to the earlier MAGA-hat kid hires fancy lawyer.

Other, earlier threads on the incident in question: Covington Catholic High (in case it hasn't been mentioned already), and Has the media misrepresented the incident with the Covington Cathlic kids?
Old 07-27-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudlow Boink View Post
And you couldn't be bothered to tell us who the fuck Smirky McDouchebag is?
Smirky McDouchebag is who he is.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Smirky McDouchebag is who he is.
And forever shall be.

Even if he's the first man on mars, the headlines will say "Smirky McDouchebag and Four Astronauts Landed On Mars."
Old 07-27-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
And forever shall be.

Even if he's the first man on mars, the headlines will say "Smirky McDouchebag and Four Astronauts Landed On Mars."
Right on.

In honor of the premiere of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood I will paraphrase Quentin Tarantino...

ďSmirky McDouchebag didn't become Smirky McDouchebag. Smirky McDouchebag was born Smirky McDouchebag. When Smirky McDouchebag wakes up in the morning, he's Smirky McDouchebag. His alter ego is Nick Sandmann. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Sandmanns found him. Those are his clothes. What Sandmann wears - the MAGA hat - that's the costume. That's the costume Smirky McDouchebag wears to blend in with us.Ē
Old 07-27-2019, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

I have to admit, when I saw the name "Smirky McDouchebag", my first thought was this guy, not the Covington kid.

Last edited by Morgyn; 07-27-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: screwed up the link
Old 07-27-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Your expectations in the Pit are far too high.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgyn View Post
I have to admit, when I saw the name "Smirky McDouchebag", my first thought was this guy, not the Covington kid.
Mine too.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Fair.

Though I did include his legal name and a link to a news article to clear up any confusion.

Last edited by Lance Turbo; 07-27-2019 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
Your expectations in the Pit are far too high.
I donít think so. I still expect OPs to communicate clearly. That doesnít change just because insults are allowed.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:30 PM

At least Chanty McPoundsdrum was pubicly exposed to be a liar and a criminal, so a little justice came for the Twitter lynch mob. (And if you want to say that Poundy shouldn't be judged for crimes he committed as a dumb teen, then maybe you should feel at least a little embarrassed at judging a teen for--let's see--wearing a hat and not backing down to someone trying to intimidate him.)
Old 07-27-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
At least Chanty McPoundsdrum was pubicly exposed to be a liar and a criminal, so a little justice came for the Twitter lynch mob. (And if you want to say that Poundy shouldn't be judged for crimes he committed as a dumb teen, then maybe you should feel at least a little embarrassed at judging a teen for--let's see--wearing a hat and not backing down to someone trying to intimidate him.)
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. In this particular case your opinion is stupid and wrong.

Have you ever tried being less of a fucking moron? Like even for a couple hours?
Old 07-27-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
MAGA cap is the new Klan hood. So, the progressive left was at least partially justified.
Bullshit, and, frankly, an insult to people persecuted by the Klan.

And even if it was (which it isnít), the kidís a fucking kid. Making a child internet enemy number one for a whole week because he wore the wrong hat is nobodyís idea of sane.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
So what? Really. What precisely has this minor done that warrants a pitting??

Last edited by Unreconstructed Man; 07-27-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Bullshit, and, frankly, an insult to people persecuted by the Klan.
Is there ever going to be a time when the right doesn't use identity politics as a shield for their own inadequacies and transgressions?
Old 07-27-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I don’t think so. I still expect OPs to communicate clearly. That doesn’t change just because insults are allowed.
Yeah, I had to open the thread just to figure out who it was about (I was hoping it was another British boat)...
That's needlessly annoying.

And for the OP to dismiss other posters when they call you on it is, well, being a jerk. Come to think of it, it had the attitude of "C'mon, why should I care what I do here?" So it disrespected a whole forum.

Last edited by digs; 07-27-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:49 PM

Oh, that's a damn shame! The poor bastard went to Washington with his group of MAGA hat wearing douchebag friends because their school and or parents wanted to pump up the number of participants in an anti-abortion protest, and he didn't get to collect his quarter of a billion hard earned dollars! Boo to the fuckin hoo, as the hip kids say.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Is there ever going to be a time when the right doesn't use identity politics as a shield for their own inadequacies and transgressions?
Youíre not making a point. Youíre just lazily slinging buzzwords around.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Bullying kids is sort of pathetic. Strive to be a better person.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Damnit I did not to see that all over my screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Yeah, I had to open the thread just to figure out who it was about (I was hoping it was another British boat)...
That's needlessly annoying.

And for the OP to dismiss other posters when they call you on it is, well, being a jerk. Come to think of it, it had the attitude of "C'mon, why should I care what I do here?" So it disrespected a whole forum.
Look, I had no idea who this OP was about until I did some reading. Yes, that annoying. I don't see how it disrespects the Pit. It's the Pit. It's where threads go to be disrespected.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Yes. The fact that Sandman's parents filed a ridiculous lawsuit doesnít have anything to do with the genuinely unhinged reaction of the progressive left.
For a bunch of people who have created their own version of reality they can live in, you guys sure like to throw around the word "unhinged".
Old 07-27-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Youíre not making a point. Youíre just lazily slinging buzzwords around.
Hint: Because you don't understand what he says doesn't mean he's not making a point or slinging around buzzwords.

(Isn't it funny how the right grabs onto terms thrown at them and then tries to use them without a clear grasp of what they really mean or why they were used against them? Seriously, you people are like Sovereign Citizens in your lack of understanding of English and your belief that using specific phrases as magic words and talismans without regard to their real meaning actually accomplishes something.)
Old 07-27-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
And even if it was (which it isnít), the kidís a fucking kid. Making a child internet enemy number one for a whole week because he wore the wrong hat is nobodyís idea of sane.
He's 17 and can be tried as an adult. Or given the death penalty by (generally Republican) governments so inclined.

And it wasn't all about the hat. You're lying and/or quoting right wing media misinformation on that. Which is probably why you think the left is 'unhinged' in their reactions, since you think it's all about the hat.

No, it's about some smirking dumbass kid acting like a jackass and getting called out for it.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
No, it's about some smirking dumbass kid acting like a jackass and getting called out for it.
And, in the process, becoming a stand-in for every smirking dumbass kid who's ever acted like a jackass.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Hint: Because you don't understand what he says doesn't mean he's not making a point or slinging around buzzwords.

(Isn't it funny how the right grabs onto terms thrown at them and then tries to use them without a clear grasp of what they really mean or why they were used against them? Seriously, you people are like Sovereign Citizens in your lack of understanding of English and your belief that using specific phrases as magic words and talismans without regard to their real meaning actually accomplishes something.)
See? This is the kind of lunacy Iím talking about. Even the briefest, laziest, most cursory perusal of my posting history would reveal that Iím a liberal who despises Trump. But just because I have an ounce of sympathy for someone you donít think deserves it, I have to justify myself to lazy fucksticks like you. Because I think itís gross and messed up that a child, a fucking child for Christís sake, was made the target of a gleeful internet hate campaign for wearing the fucking wrong hat, I simply have to be a goddamned MAGA Chud. Thereís literally no other explanation, is there? It canít be that I just donít like bullies, or that public shaming is cruel and often (especially in this case), deeply disproportionate to the ďoffenceĒ. Nope. Thatís too easy. I simply must have some right wing ulterior motive.

You have literally no sense of perspective, and no idea how completely fucking deranged it is to yuk it up because a bullying victimís parents lawsuit failed, or to leap to the conclusion that anyone who might have a problem with it can only be a Trump supporter. Not only are you a shithead, not only are you a bully, youíre also fucking nuts.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:11 PM

If a 17 year old smirking kid wearing a 'fuck racism' hat got in the face of, say, the Proud Boys, or Open Carry fanatics, he'd have been beaten down.

Then people like UM, their shitbag president and politicians and their media would simply go "Well of course, what did he expect would happen? Nothing to see here!" and move on. Maybe use it as a springboard to attack the left for the behavior.

NOWHERE would they denounce the behavior and "overreaction" of the people who did the violence. No, they'd be laughing, making cartoons glorifying it and calling for more of the same.

Yet when a kid on their side does this sort of thing and simply gets called out for his idiotic behavior, they whine and cry like the little pussies they are about how mean everyone is being to the kid.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Republican.