Old 07-19-2018, 08:03 PM
Charter Member

He Hate Me Keeper League - Year 16

We traditionally draft the day after Labor Day so the draft will be set to Tuesday, Sep 4 at 8:30 Eastern. If that's a problem, speak up now.

Schedule
NFL Season Starts Thursday, September 7
Offseason Trade Deadline: 9/1/18
Keeper Declaration: 9/2/18 (at midnight)
Live Draft: 9/4/18 @ 8:30pm EDT (Tuesday)

Keeper Rules
1. You can only keep a maximum of 3 players.
2. You can only keep players drafted after the second round (third rounders or later only.)
3. A player can only be kept a maximum of twice. (Making 3 total roster years.)
4. A kept player incurs a two round penalty (e.g: drafted in the 6th, kept in the 4th.)

Hall of Fame
Year 1 winner: mouthbreather
Year 2 winner: Spiritus Mundi
Year 3 winner: Spiritus Mundi
Year 4 winner: The Mad Hermit
Year 5 winner: Nurse Carmen
Year 6 winner: Weirddave
Year 7 winner: VarlosZ
Year 8 winner: Weirddave
Year 9 winner: Really Not All That Bright
Year 10 winner: Really Not All That Bright
Year 11 winner: VarlosZ
Year 12 winner: Ottoerotic
Year 13 Winner: Weirddave
Year 14 Winner: motu
Year 15 Winner: Johnny Ace

If you're interested in playing this league, you can express the interest here and if anyone isn't coming back we'll look to recruit.

I would strongly prefer if someone else were to take over commissioner of this league. It has never been my league and I never felt quite right running it - but no one else seemed to want to step up when Munch vacated it and so I just took it to get stuff done. But for various reasons I'd like someone else to run the league, so if you're interested, please say so.

Keeper lists will come later, as well as rule change proposals. I have to go back and read all that mess last year to figure out what exactly we need to change or clarify.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

We'll be replacing at least two people this year. Varlos has disappeared and Johnny Ace agreed not to play this year. If anyone is interested, feel free to post here or PM me.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:19 AM
Charter Member

I'll take the commissionership if no-one else will.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:38 AM

I'll join too if you have the space
Old 07-20-2018, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

Just checked - after fifteen years in this league, my average finish is 7.6 out of 14. I'm almost perfectly average!
Old 08-02-2018, 01:03 AM
Charter Member

I'm having trouble seeing last year's draft results (to generate keeper lists). There's a year selection screen on the main league page, but it doesn't actually seem to do anything - even after changing to any other year, it still just lists this year's (blank) rosters and draft. Is anyone else able to see last year's draft results correctly?

It looks like we're going to have to replace 3 players this year. Varlos disappeared in the middle of last year and hasn't been seen since, Overly Sentimental told me he's cutting his fantasy leagues down this year, and Johnny Ace agreed to leave this year. I invited Sir T-Cups to the league for one of those spots, but we will still have 2 open if anyone else is interested. I may start a fantasy football recruitment thread soon.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
It looks like we're going to have to replace 3 players this year. Varlos disappeared in the middle of last year and hasn't been seen since, Overly Sentimental told me he's cutting his fantasy leagues down this year, and Johnny Ace agreed to leave this year. I invited Sir T-Cups to the league for one of those spots, but we will still have 2 open if anyone else is interested. I may start a fantasy football recruitment thread soon.
Got your PM and responded.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:58 AM

I'm in!

Soooo since I didn't play last year, I won't have anyone to keep, right? This basically means I just have to draft who I can and worry about keepers next year?
Old 08-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

We'll assign rosters of previous teams to new teams in terms of giving you the option at a keeper. We don't normally need to replace 3 people so I'm not sure how to assign each roster. We could have people submit their preferences and see if those are compatabble, and if not just randomly decide who gets what.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
We'll assign rosters of previous teams to new teams in terms of giving you the option at a keeper. We don't normally need to replace 3 people so I'm not sure how to assign each roster. We could have people submit their preferences and see if those are compatabble, and if not just randomly decide who gets what.
Since there is the keeper penalty, is there a way to decide/figure out where someone was drafted on my "team"?
Old 08-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm having trouble seeing last year's draft results (to generate keeper lists). There's a year selection screen on the main league page, but it doesn't actually seem to do anything - even after changing to any other year, it still just lists this year's (blank) rosters and draft. Is anyone else able to see last year's draft results correctly?
Try this - on the main league page, under League Members, click on All Time. Then you'll get a list of the top three finishers each year. Click the hyperlinked 2017, and then from there you'll be able to pick Draft Results from the top.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:34 PM

I'm in as well. I haven't seen an invite, though.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:46 PM
Charter Member

Alright, sorry about the slow administration this year, I've been away from my computer a lot in the last few weeks. I'm going to work on getting everything sorted. I'll post the keepers list later. We've got at least 2 spots still open, which I'm going to try to recruiting for. I'll also pass the commissionership to Wilson once I've got things in order.

Does anyone else want to play in the big league? It's a 20 man league where depth is critical and draft strategies are wide open. It's pretty different from most leagues that way.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:27 PM

Looking through this stuff, I think these are my potential keepers (I think we get up to 3, with the price being where they were drafted last year +2 rounds):

Andrew Luck – 3rd round
Kyle Rudolph – 4th round
Chris Thompson – 7th round
Matt Breida – 9th round
Davante Adams - 10th round
Aaron Jones - 12th round

I drafted and held onto Luck for the whole season, but now I'm not sure he's worth a 3rd rounder. I definitely will be keeping Davante Adams and Aaron Jones, but I can't decide if the 7th is too early for Thompson, if the 9th is worth an injured backup RB, and where to slot in Luck.

Oh well. Off to check ADP's.

Last edited by Hamlet; 08-17-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

With Omni signing up yesterday, we've got 11 confirmed re-upped from last year. Varlos has disappeared from the face of the Earth, Overly Sentimental left all his leagues this year, d_odds also left all his leagues this year, and Johnny Ace is gone for obvious reasons. We're down 4 and I've only managed to recruit Sir T-Cups as a replacement this year.

Unfortunately fantasy interest and population on the SDMB has been trending down over the years. Hardly any new people are on the boards, and a lot of older players are either leaving fantasy or contracting some of their leagues. I've managed to patch it together the last few years with aggressive recruitment and asking people who play in some of our leagues to play in more, but I'm not sure I can get all the leagues full this year.

If anyone has any ideas, or has an off-board friend who might be interested in this league, feel free to speak up. In a pinch, I suppose we could run this league with 12 players for the first time if we had to, but we'd still need one more recruit for that.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:20 PM

Looks like I'll miss another draft, I'll be having heart surgery that day.

I'm still interested in playing, and it's a challenge to make an autodraft playable.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Charter Member

Unfortunately I don't think we have wiggle room on the draft date. This league has always drafted after labor day and I assume at least 1 or 2 people here couldn't make it if we did it on a weekend - all SDMB drafts have always been during the middle of the week for that reason.

Also unfortunately, it seems like there's no more new recruits to pull out of the SDMB. The last few years I've mostly asked people to join more and more leagues to cover any recruiting shortfalls, and thankfully they have. But this year we lost 3 players who were in 3-4 leagues, alone, puts us down 10+ draft participants across the league, and unfortunately the SDMB is just not growing anymore, new people aren't coming in to replace old ones.

I've tried to invite people to recruit their off-board friends, started a recruitment thread on the boards, posted in the other fantasy league threads, and asked a few people to handle more leagues, but it's just not working this year.

We're probably going to have the run this league as a 12 man league this year unfortunately and to even do that I need one more recruit, so I'm still open to ideas about that one.

Does anyone have a friend they could recruit for at least 1 more slot?
Old 08-27-2018, 05:12 PM

I could probably get my wife to join. She enjoys football, fantasy and humiliating me....but she's already in 2 other leagues and probably wouldn't want to continue doing 3 in the future, but would do this as a favor to me.

Basically, I can get us a one-year rental. Do you want permanent people or is a band-aid ok for now and we'll deal with the future in the future?
Old 08-27-2018, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

A band-aid would definitely work this year. We need at least an even number of people to conduct a draft, and we're at 11, so that would be good to know we at least hit 12. Thank you.

I'll put together the lists of available keepers today. New incoming players typically get assigned the keepers of leaving players, so that they aren't starting from scratch. I'm not sure how to assign them to you two - I guess you guys could just take your pick from the 4 people who left.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

Since it’s a snake draft, I could probably do that from my phone while I’m at work on the cursed night shift. I played a 14 team keep 3 (without all the restrictions) money league for 8 years, so I’m quite familiar with the format, deep enough for a challenge but not the extremes of the big league.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

That would definitely be cool. Let's see if we can get one more person and we can run as a full 14 man. Thanks Dale.

Last edited by SenorBeef; 08-27-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:48 PM

I can join up.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

Well shit, that really worked out all of the sudden. Thanks guys, I'll send out invites, and I'll get those keeper lists ready.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Thanks SB - if there's anything I can do to help let me know.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

NP Wilson. I'll get the league all set up and full ideally before I hand it over to you.

Sir T-Cups, I can't recall, did I PM you an invite link for your wife? Or you can send me her e-mail if you want. I recently cleaned up my PMs to get more space.

Dale, I'll send you an invite.

Sorry for the late keeper lists, been really busy lately, and I won't be back around until later tonight when I'll probably get that sorted.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
NP Wilson. I'll get the league all set up and full ideally before I hand it over to you.

Sir T-Cups, I can't recall, did I PM you an invite link for your wife? Or you can send me her e-mail if you want. I recently cleaned up my PMs to get more space.

Dale, I'll send you an invite.

Sorry for the late keeper lists, been really busy lately, and I won't be back around until later tonight when I'll probably get that sorted.
Yes you did, and I sent it to her. Apparently she hasn't signed up yet? Grrr. I'll make sure she signs up sometime this weekend.

The nerve!
Old 08-31-2018, 11:31 AM

I'll be keeping Kenny Stills in the 11th, and Jacksonville in the 14th.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Yes you did, and I sent it to her. Apparently she hasn't signed up yet? Grrr. I'll make sure she signs up sometime this weekend.

The nerve!
She's officially signed up.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:26 PM

Keepers

Can we post a draft order? I recall we changed the pattern to:
  1. Consolation bracket winner
  2. 14th place
  3. 13th place
  4. etc.
but without knowing the new players I cannot figure out who drafts when. And I am confused about the Yahoo standings showing for last year. Excluding the new teams, Yahoo shows:
Quote:
(2) Exploding Pancakes
(3) Fourth & Nineteen
(4) Omnipotents
(5) Moridwon (Hamlet)
(6) Hermits
(7) Baltimore Weirdos
(8) Disgruntled Goats
(10) Carcosa Yellow Kings
(11) Nine Inch Neils
(12) Spiritus Mundane
Which has me finishing 12 and thus drafting 1.4 - 2.11 - etc. But last year's thread shows:
Quote:
Total points at the end of the regular season (actual rank in paranthesis, playoff teams in bold)

1. (1) SenorBeef 1337
2. (2) Johnny Ace 1262
3. (6) Wilson 1249
4. (7) weirddave 1159
5. (8) motu 1140
6. (12) Munch 1136
7. (9) Spiritus Mundi 1113
8. (5) The Mad Hermit 1104
9. (3) Hamlet 1089
10. (10) RNATB 1080
11. (14) d_odds 1058
12. (4) Omniscient 1040
13. (13) VarlosZ 1020
14. (11) Overly Sentimental 993
Which shows me finishing 9, and so drafting 1.7 - 2.8 - etc. I don't see a post last year showing the standing post-playoffs, so the top 6 would be different from the end of season. Can we get a confirmed draft order for this year? I think especially for the new teams draft slot might affect some of their keeper choices.

The best lack all convictions
The worst are full of passionate intensity.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:55 PM

Keepers

I will definitely be keeping
  • Mahomes in 12
  • Kupp in 11
  • Hogan in 5

Old 09-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Here are the eligible keepers for our returning owners.

An asterisk means that they were kept last year and therefore this is their last year of eligibility (2 years ago, last year, and this year makes 3 years total)

A double asterisk/shrunken text (I can't figure out how to make strikethroughs) means they already were kept 3 years and I'm just leaving them in there to show you what happened to them, but they aren't eligible to be kept.

Those unkeepable players are: Derek Carr, Jordy Nelson, Cam Newton, Kelvin Benjamin, Doug Baldwin, David Johnson

Exploding Pancakes
3. (20) Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)
4. (37) Russell Wilson (Sea - QB)
6. (65) Sammy Watkins (KC - WR)
*7. (76) Jay Ajayi  (Phi - RB)
10. (132) Alvin Kamara (NO - RB)
11. (149) Chris Carson (Sea - RB)
*13. (177) Martavis Bryant  (Oak - WR)
14. (188) Marlon Mack (Ind - RB)
16. (216) Alex Smith (Was - QB)

Carcosa Yellow Kings
3. (30) Drew Brees (NO - QB)
4. (55) Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)
5. (58) Adrian Peterson (Was - RB)
6. (83) Hunter Henry (LAC - TE)
7. (86) Denver (Den - DEF)
8. (111) Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
*9. (114) James White  (NE - RB)
12. (167) C.J. Fiedorowicz (Hou - TE)
13. (170) Kenny Stills (Mia - WR)
16. (223) Jacksonville (Jax - DEF)

Fourth & Nineteen
3. (31) Michael Crabtree (Bal - WR)
*4. (54) Isaiah Crowell  (NYJ - RB)
6. (82) Randall Cobb (GB - WR)
7. (87) Jameis Winston  (TB - QB)
8. (110) Zay Jones (Buf - WR)
9. (115) Austin Hooper (Atl - TE)
10. (138) Samaje Perine (Was - RB)
14. (194) Pittsburgh (Pit - DEF)
15. (199) Deshaun Watson (Hou - QB)

Omnipotents
3. (32) Doug Martin (Oak - RB)
4. (53) Philip Rivers (LAC - QB)
6. (81) Michael Thomas  (NO - WR)
9. (116) Corey Davis (Ten - WR)
11. (144) Carson Wentz (Phi - QB)
13. (172) Kendall Wright (Min - WR)
14. (193) Carolina (Car - DEF)
15. (200) David Njoku (Cle - TE)

Spiritus Mundane
3. (33) Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)
4. (52) Tevin Coleman (Atl - RB)
5. (61) Frank Gore (Mia - RB)
6. (80) DeSean Jackson (TB - WR)
7. (89) Chris Hogan (NE - WR)
**8. (108) Derek Carr  (Oak - QB)
13. (173) Cooper Kupp (LAR - WR)
14. (192) Patrick Mahomes II (KC - QB)

Nine Inch Neils
3. (36) Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR)
*4. (49) Ameer Abdullah  (Det - RB)
5. (64) Zach Ertz (Phi - TE)
6. (77) Eric Decker (NE - WR)
7. (92) Thomas Rawls (NYJ - RB)
10. (133) Tyrod Taylor (Cle - QB)
12. (161) DeAndre Washington (Oak - RB)
13. (176) Devin Funchess (Car - WR)
14. (189) New York (NYG - DEF)
16. (217) Matt Prater (Det - K)

Moridwon (Hamlet)
3. (39) C.J. Anderson (Car - RB)
**4. (46) Jordy Nelson  (Oak - WR)
5. (67) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
6. (74) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)
9. (123) Chris Thompson (Was - RB)
11. (151) Matt Breida (SF - RB)
*12. (158) Davante Adams  (GB - WR)
14. (186) Aaron Jones (GB - RB)

Baltimore Weirdos
3. (40) Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB)
4. (45) Golden Tate (Det - WR)
6. (73) Jeremy Maclin (Bal - WR)
7. (96) Rishard Matthews (Ten - WR)
9. (124) Theo Riddick (Det - RB)
13. (180) Baltimore (Bal - DEF)
15. (208) Wil Lutz (NO - K)
16. (213) Danny Amendola (Mia - WR)

Hermits
3. (41) Tyreek Hill (KC - WR)
**5. (69) Cam Newton  (Car - QB)
6. (72) Jarvis Landry (Cle - WR)
7. (97) Duke Johnson Jr. (Cle - RB)
8. (100) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
*9. (125) Matt Ryan  (Atl - QB)
12. (156) Minnesota (Min - DEF)
13. (181) Marqise Lee (Jax - WR)
14. (184) Nelson Agholor (Phi - WR)

Disgruntled Goats
3. (42) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
6. (71) Jonathan Stewart (NYG - RB)
8. (99) Adam Thielen (Min - WR)
**9. (126) Kelvin Benjamin  (Buf - WR)
*10. (127) Dak Prescott  (Dal - QB)
14. (183) Kerwynn Williams (KC - RB)

Here are the eligible keepers for the non-returning owners. We have 4 new owners and 4 teams to assign and so I'm just going to assign them by generating random numbers.

Safety Blitz / Enalzi
3. (38) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
4. (47) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
5. (66) Stefon Diggs (Min - WR)
**8. (103) Doug Baldwin  (Sea - WR)
*10. (131) Jimmy Graham  (GB - TE)
14. (187) Kenny Golladay (Det - WR)

Varlos' Zzzzzzz / Sir T-Cups
3. (56) Jamison Crowder (Was - WR)
**4. (57) David Johnson  (Ari - RB)
5. (84) Tyrell Williams (LAC - WR)
6. (85) LeGarrette Blount (Det - RB)
7. (93) Jack Doyle (Ind - TE)
8. (112) Houston (Hou - DEF)
10. (140) Jordan Matthews (NE - WR)
11. (141) Jacquizz Rodgers (TB - RB)
12. (168) Antonio Gates (LAC - TE)
13. (169) Robby Anderson (NYJ - WR)
16. (224) Cincinnati (Cin - DEF)

Overly Sentimental / dalej42
3. (35) Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)
4. (50) Kirk Cousins (Min - QB)
5. (63) Derrick Henry (Ten - RB)
*6. (78) DeVante Parker  (Mia - WR)
8. (106) Corey Coleman (Buf - WR)
*9. (119) Jordan Howard  (Chi - RB)
10. (134) New England (NE - DEF)
11. (147) C.J. Prosise (Sea - RB)
13. (175) Wendell Smallwood (Phi - RB)
14. (190) Mike Williams (LAC - WR)
15. (203) Julian Edelman (NE - WR)

Court Jesters / Goal-den Girls (Sir T-Cups' wife)
3. (34) Marshawn Lynch (Oak - RB)
4. (51) Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
5. (62) Delanie Walker (Ten - TE)
6. (79) Tyler Lockett (Sea - WR)
8. (107) Ted Ginn Jr. (NO - WR)
12. (163) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
13. (174) Sterling Shepard (NYG - WR)
*14. (191) Mike Gillislee  (NE - RB)
Old 09-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Since I posted that list late, ignore the keeper deadline of 9/2. Go ahead and keep them up through, say, noon eastern on draft day (Tuesday).

Regarding the draft order, we have the consolation bowl winner last year on top, and then reverse order of finish, correct?

If so, the draft order is:

1. Baltimore Weirdos (consolation bowl)
2. Court Jesters / Goal-den Girls (Sir T-Cups' wife)
3. VarlosZzzzz / Sir T-Cups
4. Spiritus Mundane
5. Nine Inch Neils
6. Carcosa Yellow Kings
7. Overly Sentimental / dale42j
8. Disgruntled Goats
9. Hermits
10. Moridwon (Hamlet)
11. Omnipotents
12. Fourth & Nineteen
13. Exploding Pancakes
14. Safety Blitz / Enalzi
Old 09-01-2018, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Alright, once we get the keepers declared, I believe we're all set for the draft. Please double check your keeper lists to make sure everything is correct. You can look at previous years in the league by using the "all time" button on the standings page. From there you can see draft results, rosters, etc. Keepers can only be kept if they're drafted by a player or traded for, and kept on the roster continuously until the end of the year.

Thanks again for those of you who came in to replace absent players. After we have a nice clean start of the season I'll hand off commissioner duties to Wilson for next year.

Any questions or issues that need to be resolved?
Old 09-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Those keepers I listed were listed in the round they were drafted last year. Which means to keep a player you have to keep him two rounds ahead of where he's listed there. For example, if you keep a guy who is listed as being a 6th rounder there, he'll have to be kept with your 4th rounder this year.

Keepers can be kept twice, giving them 3 years total (original draft year, kept once, kept twice). Players with an asterisk mean they've already been kept once, and that you can keep them this year, but not next year.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for doing all this, SB.

I'm keeping Deshaun Watson in the 13th, that's it.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:08 AM

Quote:
If so, the draft order is:

1. Baltimore Weirdos (consolation bowl)
2. Court Jesters / Goal-den Girls (Sir T-Cups' wife)
3. VarlosZzzzz / Sir T-Cups
4. Spiritus Mundane
etc.
Okay - so the draft order takes into account the full results of the consolation bracket. Got it.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:04 PM

Disgruntled Goats keepers: Adam Thielen (round 6) & Dak Prescott (round 8)

Last edited by motu; 09-02-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
A double asterisk/shrunken text (I can't figure out how to make strikethroughs) means they already were kept 3 years and I'm just leaving them in there to show you what happened to them, but they aren't eligible to be kept.
Use the [del] tag.

[del]Strikethrough[/del]

Strikethrough
Old 09-03-2018, 12:37 AM
Charter Member

Can we trade keeper rights? I have an embarrassment of riches.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Charter Member

FYI, dave is keeping Amendola in the 14th.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Can we trade keeper rights? I have an embarrassment of riches.
Ah shit, I forgot to bring up the issue for a vote with the controversy last year. I'm inclined to say rights for draft pick swaps stirred up a shitload of problems and shouldn't be allowed, but swapping the rights between two players would be okay. What sort of deal are you looking to make?
Old 09-03-2018, 02:29 AM
Charter Member

Keeping

Jay Ajayi 5th
Alvin Kamara 8th
Chris Carson 9th
Old 09-03-2018, 03:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Ah shit, I forgot to bring up the issue for a vote with the controversy last year. I'm inclined to say rights for draft pick swaps stirred up a shitload of problems and shouldn't be allowed, but swapping the rights between two players would be okay. What sort of deal are you looking to make?
I got 4 worthwhile keepers and can only use 3. Figure someone might be willing to do a pick swap in the middle rounds in exchange for the keeper rights to a certain tight end.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:00 AM
Charter Member

That's the same thing I did last year (in a different round) and it didn't go over that well - even people who acknowledged that it was a legal move within the rules didn't like it - but I forgot about the whole thing and never held a vote about it. I don't think anyone will care that much if we're just talking about a middle round swap. I don't know. Opinions?
Old 09-03-2018, 08:53 AM

I'm about to go in for my heart catheterization, so I say good luck to all who are drafting.

I'll keep Tyreek Hill, Matt Ryan and Nelson Agholor
Old 09-03-2018, 09:20 AM

I'll keep Graham and Diggs
Old 09-03-2018, 09:26 AM

Dumb question: are other peoples' keepers going to be listed as "already drafted" while we're doing the live draft? or do I have to remember who has been drafted AND kept

ETA: Wait, does that mean I can't keep David Johnson? Aw man, I would have loved him.

Last edited by Sir T-Cups; 09-03-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

Yes, once keepers are declared I'll enter the keepers into the system and they'll be automatically drafted in the slot they're kept with. They won't be available, you can't accidentally take them.

I'm afraid so on the David Johnson thing. I wish there was something better we could do to new incoming players than to randomly assign them an old roster, but that's how we've done it and the only thing offhand that makes sense. To be fair no one really has a lot of amazing keepers this year, although mine are very good.

You can make your mark on your team by how you draft this year, which will allow you to set up your own keepers next year. It's usually a good idea to use some of those late round picks on guys you think might be worth keeping next year.

Last edited by SenorBeef; 09-03-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Nine Inch Neils
3. (36) Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR)
*4. (49) Ameer Abdullah  (Det - RB)
5. (64) Zach Ertz (Phi - TE)
6. (77) Eric Decker (NE - WR)
7. (92) Thomas Rawls (NYJ - RB)
10. (133) Tyrod Taylor (Cle - QB)
12. (161) DeAndre Washington (Oak - RB)
13. (176) Devin Funchess (Car - WR)
14. (189) New York (NYG - DEF)
16. (217) Matt Prater (Det - K)
I'll be keeping Funchess in the 11th and Zach Ertz in the third. I'm open to moving back in the draft in exchange for the rights to keep a third player, assuming we didn't outlaw that.