Old 07-22-2018, 09:18 AM

Huzzah! Today is my 40th wedding anniversary with Madame Pepperwinkle.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:23 AM

Morning all. We'll forgive you, sari, for your transgression but you'll have to do better or we'll let spidey determine the penance next time...

Mooooom, you plan on letting FCD know what his gear looks like?

Prof, my congratulations (to her, for putting up with you that long). Have a happy anniversary!

May go help some more with the soccer registration/uniform distribution this afternoon, but otherwise it should be a quiet day. Need to go get the Sunday paper out of the driveway and turn The Open (I love it that the British don't call things British; it's not the London Times, it's The Times and the British Open is The Open).

Rain chances went down from 60% to 30% today, the 60% slid over to Moanday. We'll see.

Need to forage in the refrigerator; if the remodelers start this week I want as little food as possible left. Thinking about going out and getting a mini-fridge so I can camp out in the other half of the house.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 07-22-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:24 AM

My friend was just diagnosed with stage IV bile duct cancer. Please include her in your prayers.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:47 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

I learned today that the wife of Alexander the Great was named Roxanne.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:00 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Well, if somebody brought me a sammich from WaWa I'd have more time to play online too
Obviously, you need to train your son better!

The sun has been popping out from time to time, but I'm guessing if we do decide to buy this desk, the sky will open on us, because that's how that bastard Murphy operates! We do have plastic and a heavy tarp, but unless the guy has a big garage that we can back into, loading the truck will be a pain.

We shall see...
Old 07-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! All deheathenated Luterun style and back at da cave wearin' my "I'm at home get over it" attire, which consists of shorts and a tshirt. There may or may not be quality cee-mint pond time. Sky looks kinda icky to the west. I do know that comestiles must be ingested shortly as I am commencin' to feel hongry.

Prof happy anniversary to the missus and you!

[b]{{{WetOne}}} sorry about your friend. She will be in my prayers.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:09 AM

Afternoon all, just got back from my final KP cover shift. Glad to be done with that.

Stuck in a boiling room, do nothing for the first hour or so, then everything comes back at once, and the last hour is frantically trying to scrub everything, then the chef vanishes and I've no clue where everything goes. Plus the wages are the same as waitressing, which is about 1/4 of the workload.

Looking forward to some nice slobbage now; I think the local Indian takeaway shall make dinner tonight.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:10 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Wasting time? We're a waste of time? I believe I feel insulted!

Usually I try to be unsalted; with my BP and all it just seems wise.

Went out to breakfast with a friend and now thinking about napping before work. They called for volunteers to come in BOTH shifts today; I volunteered to be one of those slackers who just do one shift.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:19 AM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
Huzzah! Today is my 40th wedding anniversary with Madame Pepperwinkle.
Huzzah? Are you glad or calling the troops to unleash a volley and end the pain?

Lately my line has been "40+ years ------- OJ gets out on parole but noooooo, not me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedin View Post
My friend was just diagnosed with stage IV bile duct cancer. Please include her in your prayers.
Consider it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
I learned today that the wife of Alexander the Great was named Roxanne.
Seriously? I thought everyone knew that; basically the same as Joséphine Bonaparte or Martha Washington.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Seriously? I thought everyone knew that; basically the same as Joséphine Bonaparte or Martha Washington.
No, dude, I just pulled that out of my hat to confuse you.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:45 AM

Well Flytrap you are really going to hate me today.
It is a beautiful, N.O.S., breezy, 73 degrees outside.
Not even noon yet and I've sat outside with the critters twice.
It's too pretty to stay indoors even though I have lots to do.

Red, I'm in western MD, in the Cumberland Valley. My ears pop on the way back home from the armpit.

FCM I do not do the training around here, I am the one who gets trained.

{{{WetOne}}}
Old 07-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Oh, you are cruel!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:35 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
No, dude, I just pulled that out of my hat to confuse you.
And you didn't even have to consult a Veterinarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzi3k7K0lFA
Old 07-22-2018, 04:32 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Whew! We bought the desk, then daughter and I assembled it and SIL and his brother helped us put it in the corner. Now all she needs is the chair pad for the carpet and, um a chair. I expect FCD will send her to Staples tomorrow.

We lucked out - there was a major toad-soaker at home while we were across the river, and on our way back, we just experienced a few sprinkles. I just looked outside, and it's starting to rain again, but we've moved all the cars to where they need to be, and life is good.

SIL took the love seat to the basement and they rearranged their space down there - it's a lot roomier and it looks rather nice. They seem to be happy with it and I'm glad they don't stay holed up in the bedroom all the time. They had to get a signal booster because the wifi was really weak there, but all is good now. Of course, our electric bill is through the roof...

We stopped at a place called MOD Pizza for lunch - it's like Subway for pizza - you walk down the line and tell them what to put on - one price whether you get just cheese or the works. Not great pizza, but not bad, and they get points for having fresh mushrooms instead of canned.

And that's all the news that's fit to print. I's tahred...
Old 07-22-2018, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, walked Gordie. Crockpot poke loin is almost done. A pretty slack day for me.

Happy Anniversary, Prof.!

Prayers sent, WetOne.

MetalMouse, definitely get a mini fridge. You can turn it onto a kegarator when you're done.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:31 PM

A MOD pizza is scheduled to open down the road. I’m watching a rerun of The Odd Couple (the original) and Ursala Kitteh is on my lap. Had a lovely Sunday roast dinner at a Scottish restaurant that recently opened. Delicious.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:04 PM

I am back! I have read nothing (but I will). I survived Alaska, and a good time was had by all. Hugs, and good wishes to all!
Old 07-22-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Morning all. We'll forgive you, sari, for your transgression but you'll have to do better or we'll let spidey determine the penance next time...
If you do it again, you have to spend time w/ MetalMouse. If you do it again after that, you get the death penalty a day w/ MetalMouse & flytrap!

Don't even know whacha did as I didn't read because I was; surprise, surprise, away for a weekend. Home; dinner momentarily.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:38 PM

Happy anniversary Prof!

{{{wet one and friend}}}

I farted around in the studio today and took the dogs to the dog park. It was just beginning to sprinkle when we got home. Supper was a California meme theme: Napa chicken, a quinoa, black bean and kale salad and sesame stir fried baby bok choy washed down with a Napa Valley chardonnay (you know the rule: one glass for the sauce, one glass in the chef ).
Old 07-22-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
If you do it again, you have to spend time w/ MetalMouse. If you do it again after that, you get the death penalty a day w/ MetalMouse & flytrap!
If Sari ever comes to N. Ali-bama, I can take her to either the Space and Rocket Center or the Jack Daniels distillery, whichever suits her fancy.

Only did a couple of hours volunteering today, so spent some time watching Kung Fu Panda 2 and just finished my sammiches for dinner. No rain again, if this keeps up I'll have to water the lawn (which will mean it rains the next day, guaranteed).

{{{Wetone & friend}}}

FCM, Just saw the picture of Roxstar with you on facebook and CUTE OVERLOAD!!!

Sunny, welcome home! Hope the trip was a lot of fun, you can tell us all about it on the next MMP.

doggio, I'll settle for it keeping my cold cuts and some frozen food frozen so I don't have to throw it out. We'll see what day the builder gives me for when his crew will be here.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:31 PM

Silly Spidey!
You are supposed to be punishing me, spending some time with a Southern Gent who wants to take me places isn't a punishment.

And here I am, wasting all kinds of time AGAIN!

Bad Sari! BAD BAD BAD SARI!

Either place is fine with me MetalMouse ;D

If it makes you feel any better FlyTrap, we had a light rain this afternoon. Still cool though. I sat on the deck and brushed the cat and dog. I like the new brush I got for them, and it was nice to see the hair blow away on the breeze instead of collecting in the corners of the kitchen and living room. Ripple hates being brushed, he wants to play. The cat loves being brushed and would whack with me with his claws every time I stopped.

I took two naps today, two!

So not much else got done, and yet here I am again.

Welcome home Sunny!
Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
If it makes you feel any better FlyTrap, we had a light rain this afternoon. Still cool though. I sat on the deck and brushed the cat and dog.
I had planned to brush Penny, but the dog brush melted in the drawer.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:12 PM

MetalMouse: I second the Space & Rocket Center (and Davidson!), but I've never been to Lynchburg. However, if you take Winchester Road out of Hunts-patch to the East, you'll be able to get to Falls Mill Falls (link: https://fallsmill.com/) which is kind of a back way to get to Lynchburg through my part of the county, New Market, etc. It's a nice 1-2 hour hike down in the valley below the waterfall.

Just a recommendation, you know. If you get there, say hello to John and Jane, the proprietors.