Old 06-17-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minor7flat5 View Post
This is an IRS issue, yes? As such, you are at the mercy of their horrible phone queue and runaround, yes? For over a week.
And if you don't diligently jump through their hoops for ... a long time, you will be in trouble with the tax man.

Isn't this precisely the kind of situation that our congresspeople can help out with?

It seems that whenever I had a friend encounter some governmental bureaucracy indigestion, a call to their congressman seemed to sort it out post haste.
I agree, and FairyChatMom made the same suggestion. I'm not in the US, but here in Canada I've gone to the offices of both my federal and provincial member of Parliament to sort out two different issues with the federal and provincial governments respectively, both with excellent results. Never actually saw the Honorable Member himself/herself but the staff were extremely helpful. It's truly amazing how civil servants instantly change their attitude from "what you want is impossible, fuck you" to "certainly we can do what you need, no problem!" when they get a letter or fax from an elected official with power over them. You're not going to get anywhere if you're just whining and wasting their time, but if you have a good case (and sounds like you do, Typo Negative), you'll probably get results.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
I give up. What is brown and sticky?
A brown crayon someone left on the heater.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I give up. What is brown and sticky?
A stick. Duh!

What's brown and rhymes with Snoop?
Old 06-17-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
A stick. Duh!

What's brown and rhymes with Snoop?
Well, it could be David Guetta or Dr. Dre, but I'm going with...

Martha Stewart.

(I'm sure they've sung along in the kitchen together while covered in cocoa powder...)
And as a bona fide actual Dad, I'm obligated to pick the most unhip answer.

Last edited by digs; 06-17-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:26 PM

Owwww.

Owwww.

Owwwww.

Tripping and catching your entire weight on a curb right under your ribcage sucks. Getting the hiccups with a couple bruised ribs and diaphragm really fucking sucks.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

I'm a little peeved that I wasted a perfectly good acrostic on this crowd.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:56 PM

I have a cold. It's settled into my chest.

There. My public whining is done.

(Actually, compared to the hay fever that afflicts me from spring through fall, this ain't so bad. I just rarely get colds. Like, once every five years or so.
I wonder, sometimes, if there's a connection. As in, do I have an overly-active immune system that attacks...everything I breathe, basically? Does that make me more resistant to the various upper-respiratory infections that most folks seem to get more often than I?)
Old 06-17-2019, 10:01 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
I'm a little peeved that I wasted a perfectly good acrostic on this crowd.

Join the club. I think it was a month or few ago, in a different thread, but hey acrostics are not only fun, they're also in the Bible.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:23 PM

I live in central New Hampshire and I must say I'm glad that the local motorcycle rally (The Laconia Motorcycle Week) is finally over. I've had more close calls getting into accidents than I've had for the rest of the year.(and that includes the crappy NH winter). Most notably:

1. I was doing 5 over the speed limit and had a group of 3 bikers illegally pass me on a double yellow.

2. I was doing the speed limit on a state highway and a biker decided to illegally pass me and the car in front on the right in the breakdown lane.

3. I lost count of how many bikers would abruptly take turns without signaling.

I know, I know not all bikers are like this but The Rally is so popular it's going to attract thousands of people and some of them are bound to be idiots(if not outright A--holes).
Old 06-18-2019, 09:03 AM

So Manafort isn't going to stay at The Rikers Inn and Suites.

This has me disturbingly upset.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minor7flat5 View Post
This is an IRS issue, yes? As such, you are at the mercy of their horrible phone queue and runaround, yes? For over a week.
And if you don't diligently jump through their hoops for ... a long time, you will be in trouble with the tax man.

Isn't this precisely the kind of situation that our congresspeople can help out with?

It seems that whenever I had a friend encounter some governmental bureaucracy indigestion, a call to their congressman seemed to sort it out post haste.
OK, I emailed my congresscritter. No response yet.....BUT

My payment aggreement seems to be working now. I finally saw the autopayment leave my account. And AND......I called the IRS again becasue I still can't access the online account.....

and I have been on hold for 20 minutes! It did not tell me they could help me today and call back another time!

-God
Old 06-18-2019, 11:06 AM

Ameriprise. Fucking idiots!

Ok, if you have dealt with this company you know what I am talking about. But I'll explain. A few decades ago some agent talked my dad into opening an annuity account. Dad funded it with about $4K and then decided to forget about it and stop dealing with these jerks (a good idea). Fast forward to a couple of years ago and I am helping my parents with their estate plan. I ask my dad about the account and all he says is "those sons of bitches" and won't say any more. I read the statements and letters to try to figure out what he has. The account has grown to a modest sum and has not been annuitized, but I can't tell if it's a qualified plan or not, stuff like that. Ok, so at least I am aware of the account, even if dad doesn't want to deal with it. Fast forward to this year. Dad is in a nursing home with dementia. Mom passes soon after. But the estate plan is solid, and I have power of attorney for dad's accounts. So I attempt to figure out how to send the POA documents to Ameriprise. First I contact the local Ameriprise representative but he is not in the office so I opt to send him an email. Now this is in a different town from my dad (I live 350 miles away) but I figure he could point me in the right direction. Which he probably could if he bothered to reply to my email. So I look at the Ameriprise website. Forms available online seem to be for a financial professional, so I call and ask what I needed to send in. They said to just send in the POA documents and a copy of my ID, no form required. Ok, so I mail that to them. And wait. No response from them for a month. So I call and ask what's up, and they said that they needed a form. The 22 page form that was for up to five people to be given authority to act on this account, and the same form that looks to be for financial professionals. They want it faxed to them (when you deal with a company that insists on fax and claims they can't accept a email attachment of a scanned document PDF, that's a warning sign). Oh, and a statement from his doctor. So I print out 22 pages of this form, fill out 3 pages and leave the rest blank, attach the letter from his doctor stating dad is incapacitated, and fax the entire pile of paper to them. And wait. After two weeks I hear nothing from them. So I call and ask what's up? They said that documents are mailed out and that it usually takes 10 to 14 days. For mail. First class mail. Sure. So I give them one more week and nothing arrives. I call them, ask them to send it again, and ensure that they have my correct address, which they do. They mail it again, saying it should be faster this time, 5 to 7 days. Two weeks go by and nothing in the mail.

Fuck it, I have had enough of this bullshit. I call one more time and ask them to either email it to me or FedEx it to me, but I need the paperwork to access the account now. They will do neither, but will mail it again. Again, I ask if they have the right address for me. At this point they inform me that they will only mail the documents to my dad, at his address, which is now a vacant house 350 miles away from me*. Despite sending in every fucking legal document that gives me POA on the account, they won't communicate directly to me and have been mailing documents meant for me to my dad. Who they know is incapacitated with dementia. Fucking idiots!

* My sister lives next door, so she did find the mail and will send it to me.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:56 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag Otto View Post
Ameriprise. Fucking idiots!
My Wife inherited an account with them. All we've had to do so far is get information for taxes (it loses me money) and there is a CPA in their building that can do our taxes with the booklet they send us each year.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:22 PM

Someone keeps telling the post office that my mother has either moved without forwarding address or is temporarily absent. The post office will not let her look at these notices to see if she can figure out the writing. They will not tell her anything about them. So she has been spending an hour a day calling utilities, medical insurance companies, her bank, etc because she's not getting bills and notices. She was in tears this morning, as due to a delay in receiving her medical insurance bill, she was cut off. She managed to get it resolved, but she is over it all. I received a call from the power company at the cabin - the bill was returned and they had her old phone number. Her job today is to sit down and write out what all bills she receives and when every month (some are monthly, some are every other month, some semi-annually) and match up with her checkbook to see when last paid - basically devise a chart to know what to expect and when, so when she doesn't get the bill, she can be proactive.
Unfortunately, she is tech adverse and will not have bills emailed or pay any bills online.
I did also sign up for Informed Delivery from the post office, but if things are being returned automatically, I don't know what good it will do. I just really want to know who is doing this to an old lady.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTake View Post
Someone keeps telling the post office that my mother has either moved without forwarding address or is temporarily absent. . . .
I almost hesitate to ask, but could you report it to the police as possible harassment? They might be able to get more out of the PO, or to get the PO to hold any further requests.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
My Wife inherited an account with them. All we've had to do so far is get information for taxes (it loses me money) and there is a CPA in their building that can do our taxes with the booklet they send us each year.
My intent is to either withdraw the funds or transfer to his IRA (at another institution), depending on the type of funds. But your post reminds me that the first thing I should do is see if any beneficiary is listed. This account was opened long before my parents started any estate planning.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yllaria View Post
I almost hesitate to ask, but could you report it to the police as possible harassment? They might be able to get more out of the PO, or to get the PO to hold any further requests.
If the local Post Office won't fix this, I suggest reporting it directly to the postal inspector service. At the very least, someone is erroneously redirecting the mail, or it might be more serious.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

Based on my experience with the local post office, I'm suspecting pure incompetence on the part of the staff. I second the suggestion to report it to the postal inspector.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:17 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
My intent is to either withdraw the funds or transfer to his IRA (at another institution), depending on the type of funds. But your post reminds me that the first thing I should do is see if any beneficiary is listed. This account was opened long before my parents started any estate planning.
Can you transfer it to his IRA without causing a tax problem? When I see the account lose a lot of money, I want to sell this puppy, buy gold and bury it in the back yard, but that would kill our income tax return.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
Can you transfer it to his IRA without causing a tax problem?
That's what I meant when talking about the type of funds. If it is qualified, then I should be able to roll it to his IRA. If it is not, then cashing out the account will very likely create a tax liability. While it's enough money to be worth worrying about, it's not enough to create a huge tax bill or bump up to a significantly higher marginal rate. If I can't figure it out, I know a financial advisor in town that works at an hourly rate, plus a CPA that does the taxes for my dad. The rules for qualified accounts and inherited accounts can be complicated, so I won't do it without advice if I am not certain about it. But if the beneficiaries are not set up correctly, then I would rather take the funds from Ameriprise now while dad is alive rather than have to open a probate just to deal with Ameriprise later.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep's Phoenix View Post
Based on my experience with the local post office, I'm suspecting pure incompetence on the part of the staff.
It doesn’t even have to be that (at least not at a local facility). Each processing plant gets its list of address changes uploaded to the sorting systems weekly. It’s my understanding that the upload originated from a single location in the U. S. A mis-keying of an actual notification into the system (possibly related to unreadable handwriting) might have resulted in her physical address being purged entirely.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 06-19-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:53 PM

Not the rant - My daughter is autistic.

Rant - We found out today that she'd be getting a diagnosis and my brain cannot do anything else right now. I'm at work, I'm filling out the last questionnaire before the parent feedback meeting and I am NOT doing work. Everything in my brain is just thinking about autism and my daughter. This was not unexpected. We've been working toward this for about 7 months now. I need to do other things.

At least I'm not crying.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

(((slalexan)))

Quote:
If the local Post Office won't fix this, I suggest reporting it directly to the postal inspector service. At the very least, someone is erroneously redirecting the mail, or it might be more serious.
That does sound like a better go-to than the police.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:54 PM

FML - for lots of reasons, really. I'll just share this one: I just opened the car to bring the groceries inside. 2 6-packs of beer promptly dropped onto the driveway. I had 5 casualties. I think I've got all of the glass picked up, the front yard smells like beer, and I don't know when I'll be able to open any of the remaining bottles without getting sprayed. This moment is emblematic of my entire life.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
This moment is emblematic of my entire life.
You can't handle your beer?
Old 06-19-2019, 09:43 PM

yes.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:44 AM

The stupidity of automated filters... a game I'm now playing turned "braids" into "br****". Really?

The same game, which is "play to pretty", doesn't want to take my money because apparently they've flagged me as a possible money launderer. They claim this is in application of US laws but won't provide the references. I'm not a US citizen, national or tax resident; the company is not in the US; they started by requesting full scans of my ID and CC (EEEK!) and when I said "no fucking way" turned it into "well, we only need [these pieces]". Yeah, kiss my ass. Your game is pretty, but your so-called security folks seem to be about as good at security as I am at pole vaulting.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalexan View Post
Not the rant - My daughter is autistic.

Rant - We found out today that she'd be getting a diagnosis and my brain cannot do anything else right now. I'm at work, I'm filling out the last questionnaire before the parent feedback meeting and I am NOT doing work. Everything in my brain is just thinking about autism and my daughter. This was not unexpected. We've been working toward this for about 7 months now. I need to do other things.

At least I'm not crying.
How old is she and how bad does it seem to be? The bad news is, she's autistic. The middle news is, that's actually a pretty wide diagnosis, kind of like "she needs glasses" in that this one covers a ton of people ranging from "can't count her own fingers without her glasses" to "really should put them on when driving on unknown roads". The good news is, having a diagnosis means it'll lbe easier to get access to help.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
How old is she and how bad does it seem to be? The bad news is, she's autistic. The middle news is, that's actually a pretty wide diagnosis, kind of like "she needs glasses" in that this one covers a ton of people ranging from "can't count her own fingers without her glasses" to "really should put them on when driving on unknown roads". The good news is, having a diagnosis means it'll lbe easier to get access to help.
We don't know just yet. The ADOS test we did, plus the surveys I had to fill out, will assign her a level 1 through 3 that will describe the amount of support she needs, level 1 being the lowest amount needed and level 3 being the highest. The psychiatrist thinks she'll be around a level 2, based on how good a lot of her adaptive skills are with adults but her complete lack of skills when dealing with other children.

The best news we have is that she has responded really well to speech and occupational therapies. It seems that we are in a good position to get her all the skills she'll need to be successful. But it's a lot. And I live in the US so we get to pay for all this. And it's expensive.

My husband is still in denial. He's upset because, instead of saying "your child meets the criteria for autism" the psychiatrist said "I think your child meets the criteria for autism." I tried to explain to him that she wouldn't even say that if she wasn't actually sure and that women, myself included, often to try to soften the blow of their professional judgement when giving bad news.

I'm just trying to remember that our child is different, not less. She really is a sweet kid and so very smart. This didn't change her. It's not the end of the world. It is not a death sentence. But my brain is being dumb.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

slalexan, I wish with all of my heart that our eldest had had a full autism evaluation at a young age like yours is getting. He was diagnosed at 11, after his younger brother (then 7, now 11) was. The differences in their development, which I attribute mostly to the support and services the younger is getting in school, are amazing. Mine are both level 1. I sometimes despair of the elder ever living successfully on his own, but I am very confident about the younger. It is expensive and stressful, but you are doing the absolute best things you can for her.
This post is not intended to provide reliable legal advice, nor is any other post by me in this or any other thread. I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Odds are good that I'm not even licensed in your jurisdiction. If you follow what you think is advice in this post and get screwed, don't come crying to me.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENugent View Post
slalexan, I wish with all of my heart that our eldest had had a full autism evaluation at a young age like yours is getting. He was diagnosed at 11, after his younger brother (then 7, now 11) was. The differences in their development, which I attribute mostly to the support and services the younger is getting in school, are amazing. Mine are both level 1. I sometimes despair of the elder ever living successfully on his own, but I am very confident about the younger. It is expensive and stressful, but you are doing the absolute best things you can for her.
Thank you, ENugent. I know all this in an intellectual sense. The head and the heart don't always agree though. The irrational part of me still thinks we are too late. And she's only 5.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thank you, ENugent. I know all this in an intellectual sense. The head and the heart don't always agree though. The irrational part of me still thinks we are too late. And she's only 5.
At 5 you are definitely not too late. Especially since you've already been treating it with speech and occupational therapy. I hope your school district is as supportive and helpful as ours has been. We wouldn't even have gotten the kids diagnosed if not for the younger's 1st grade teacher telling us that "she can't diagnose, of course, but he acts like a lot of other kids she has seen that are on the spectrum."

Good luck!
This post is not intended to provide reliable legal advice, nor is any other post by me in this or any other thread. I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Odds are good that I'm not even licensed in your jurisdiction. If you follow what you think is advice in this post and get screwed, don't come crying to me.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:15 PM
Charter Member

Grrr. My computer at work apparently spent last night sending out emails with a link to a malware site. IT thinks they have it fixed, although the fix was "change your password".

On the up side, the city has sent out emails to all employees warning them of the bad emails (it wasn't just my computer). The bad news is I've spent the morning answering the phone and telling people that, no, I didn't send that email, please just delete it.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:22 PM

This may be an early rant, and I certainly hope it is.
Eight days ago we ordered an evaporative fan from Amazon that cost $280. We were told at the time that it would be delivered some time between June 20 and July 1. When I tried tracking the status of the package, I was told it was being delivered via "China Post", and there was no tracking information. This morning, we got a package from Amazon. It was a flat manila envelope, and inside it was a blank book full of blank pages, with an invoice saying it was a gift. I can find no information about why we got this gift or who sent it. But I went to look at the tracking status of the fan we ordered, and it says it has been delivered.
This unexpected blank book had better not be what we spent $280 on. I sent an email to the shipper telling them that the status says it has been delivered but hasn't been. I will wait till the end of the day to see if we actually get the fan. If not, I'll be raising holy hell with Amazon.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
We don't know just yet. The ADOS test we did, plus the surveys I had to fill out, will assign her a level 1 through 3 that will describe the amount of support she needs, level 1 being the lowest amount needed and level 3 being the highest. The psychiatrist thinks she'll be around a level 2, based on how good a lot of her adaptive skills are with adults but her complete lack of skills when dealing with other children.

The best news we have is that she has responded really well to speech and occupational therapies. It seems that we are in a good position to get her all the skills she'll need to be successful. But it's a lot. And I live in the US so we get to pay for all this. And it's expensive.

My husband is still in denial. He's upset because, instead of saying "your child meets the criteria for autism" the psychiatrist said "I think your child meets the criteria for autism." I tried to explain to him that she wouldn't even say that if she wasn't actually sure and that women, myself included, often to try to soften the blow of their professional judgement when giving bad news.

I'm just trying to remember that our child is different, not less. She really is a sweet kid and so very smart. This didn't change her. It's not the end of the world. It is not a death sentence. But my brain is being dumb.
When my son was diagnosed on the spectrum, one of the things that helped me was an old Dear Abby (or maybe Ann Landers) column that made an analogy to traveling to Europe. You've always wanted to go to France, you think about all the things you'll do in France, but when the plane lands you realize you're in Belgium. At first you're disappointed, but as you open yourself up to Belgium you realize it's a also a wonderful country and you love your trip just as much. It's sappy, I know, but it helped me.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Eight days ago we ordered an evaporative fan from Amazon that cost $280. We were told at the time that it would be delivered some time between June 20 and July 1. When I tried tracking the status of the package, I was told it was being delivered via "China Post", and there was no tracking information. This morning, we got a package from Amazon. It was a flat manila envelope, and inside it was a blank book full of blank pages, with an invoice saying it was a gift. I can find no information about why we got this gift or who sent it. But I went to look at the tracking status of the fan we ordered, and it says it has been delivered.
This unexpected blank book had better not be what we spent $280 on. I sent an email to the shipper telling them that the status says it has been delivered but hasn't been. I will wait till the end of the day to see if we actually get the fan. If not, I'll be raising holy hell with Amazon.
This is why I never order anything from Amazon that comes from a seller located in China.

Nice of Amazon to let any old crook sell through them.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

My route to and from work takes me down a semi-rural county road. This morning I'm on my way to work and down the road to my right I see a woman walking down her driveway to her mailbox, three black labs at her heels. I slow down to about 20 mph and move into the middle of the road to give them some space. I see her put her hands out, palms down, but can't tell if she's signalling to her dogs to stay put, or telling me to slow down. Not that it matters much, because I'm not going that fast anyway. As I pass her driveway, one of her dogs starts chasing after my car, and as I look in my rear view mirror I see her standing out in the street with her arms out in a "WTF?" sort of pose.

Fuck you lady. I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe you need to keep your dogs under control better. Next time I see you and your dogs, maybe I should just come to a complete stop in the road and sit there with my hazard lights on until you and your fucking dogs are out of my way.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:05 PM

Black labs are either incredibly smart or astoundingly stupid. There is no middle ground. Trust me, that woman is used to the WTF moments.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
If you take a sheet from the blank book and fold it fan-style maybe that's how you cool off.
Old 06-21-2019, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

I'm tired of hearing comments on my appearance from every truck driver I have to meet at the loading dock. These days suck.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:30 AM
Charter Member

Dung Beetle, when I had a job where this happened to me, I used to turn it around on the guys: oh that hair style is so adorable. Who cuts it for you? I know this would not work on everyone but the guys I was giving it to were auto mechanics and they definitely didn't want their appearance commented on. And the other guys would start in on them, so it did work. Might be worth trying.

Or you could just tell them to shut the fuck up.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

KayT, I feel like both of those things would backfire, but thanks for the advice! I had my whine, now I will go back to doing nothing (and be glad I only have loading dock duty once in a blue moon).
Old 06-21-2019, 01:54 PM

I have a nasty case of tennis elbow. I have no idea how I got it since I donít play tennis or any other likely sport. On researching, I see you can get it from over-use of the mouse, too. Thatís me - injured from mousing at work.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:00 PM

If your phone doesn't work, don't try to use your broken phone to call into a meeting that's only six miles away from your office.

If you know your phone doesn't work because you already tried to call into a meeting that you should have just attended in person, definitely don't try to use the same phone to call into the same meeting a month later.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:50 PM
Shouting Grasshopper

Last day of work today (gave notice 2 weeks ago) and my check is 40hrs short. Apparently someone in HR doesn't know how to do their frickking job.

It's an interesting bookend; our Data Center changed hands on January 1st--my first check in January was 40hrs short too. I guess I'll trust them to FedEx my final check in a couple of days...but I've got the State Labor Wage Complaint website bookmarked just in case.

Last edited by blondebear; 06-21-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebear View Post
Last day of work today...
I have no advice, just a heartfelt "Congrats!" Moving on to other employment, retirement, or Pseudo-retirement*?

Just collected my last full paycheck (retiring teacher, about to teach one last summer class) but I checked and it's all there!

*I'll probably do the pseudo-retirement thing. Done working full time, but I'll teach a class here and there, freelance, maybe get a mindless p/t job... for travelin' money.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I just wanted to respond to this part about you having to pay for it all. You don't. It falls to her school district to pay for a lot of it. A wise investment you can make right now is an educational advocate or a special ed attorney who will represent your child (with you) in meetings with the school district and get her all the services she needs and is entitled to receive.

Good luck. Please feel to PM if you ever want to talk or vent.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:28 PM

Anti Rant: I have a new kidney. Hurts like madness. But no more dialysis. Six years of waiting.
Old 06-22-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTake View Post
Anti Rant: I have a new kidney. Hurts like madness. But no more dialysis. Six years of waiting.
Wow. Congratulations!
I've followed your comments about your condition over the years. My brother was on dialysis for over about 40 years so I had a personal interest.
I really really hope all goes brilliantly for you from here on in.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations, MissTake! Here's hoping it's all good from now on.