Old 03-23-2017, 12:50 PM

I'm looking forward to the "Trump Shark" sketch. "It is capable of disguising its voice, and generally preys on young, single women."

Stranger

Last edited by Stranger On A Train; 03-23-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger On A Train View Post
I'm looking forward to the "Trump Shark" sketch. "It is capable of disguising its voice, and generally preys on young, single women."

Stranger
Also by its unusual orange coloring, and abnormally small front fins.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
Also by its unusual orange coloring, and abnormally small front fins.
"Largest mouth of any shark we've seen..."
Old 03-23-2017, 03:19 PM

"Generalissimo Michael Flynn is still fired."

Stranger
Old 03-23-2017, 04:06 PM

Now that the Republicans are in power, they might have to actually do something. They might have to stop being "The Party of NO", and oppose everything under the sun.

Some of them just can't give up the habit of being in opposition to government.

Quote:
Trump is now seeing and feeling firsthand what it is like to work with the Freedom Caucus, a top GOP source said, that they are incredibly frustrating because they don't really want to get to yes -- and keep moving the goalposts.

A senior GOP aide said the Freedom Caucus simply won't close the deal.
"They don't know how to get to yes. They just don't. And it's putting the whole process at risk right now," the aide said.
Stupid idiots. Their only goal is to fuck up government, and they'll even do it when their own party is in power.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:16 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Stupid idiots. Their only goal is to fuck up government, and they'll even do it when their own party is in power.
[Nelson Muntz]Ha-ha![/Nelson Muntz]
Old 03-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

New poll shows Trump's own voting base (i.e.: white, male, largely uneducated Republicans) is dissatisfied.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Some of them just can't give up the habit of being in opposition to government.

In their defense (and this administration is making me defend the Freedom Caucus), the AHCA doesn't really fit in with their ideology.
Also, the Kochs are offering money to them if they say no (and getting more money really, really fits in with their ideology)
Old 03-23-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarinth View Post
In their defense (and this administration is making me defend the Freedom Caucus), the AHCA doesn't really fit in with their ideology.
Also, the Kochs are offering money to them if they say no (and getting more money really, really fits in with their ideology)
Which is such a brazen effort to manipulate the democratic process by what amounts to open bribery that anyone who doesn't think that we have a desperate need for campaign finance reform should really go back and take a high school civics class.

Meanwhile, some real Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy shit is going down with Devin Nunes and the House Intelligence Committee. David Cornwell couldn't even make this shit up on an acid trip. At this point, it isn't a question of who is "Gerald" the mole, but just how many fucking moles their are in this particular circus, and what plan "Karla" (Putin) has for the end game once perfidy is verified.

Stranger
Old 03-23-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile, some real Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy shit is going down with Devin Nunes and the House Intelligence Committee. David Cornwell couldn't even make this shit up on an acid trip. At this point, it isn't a question of who is "Gerald" the mole, but just how many fucking moles their are in this particular circus, and what plan "Karla" (Putin) has for the end game once perfidy is verified.
It sounds like a stoner cop is calling his buddy and telling him to flush the weed, quick!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:58 PM

The commander of US forces in Europe says that Putin is supplying the Taliban.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16U234
Old 03-24-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Demonstrating the uselessness of government is the only goal of Grand Vizier Bannon.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:03 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Eric Trump opens mouth and stupid pours out.
Quote:
After continuously denying any communication to his father about the Trump business empire, Eric Trump now says he will give the President financial updates on the business every quarter.

The President's son, who now runs the Trump Organization with his brother, Donald Jr., told Forbes about his plans to communicate with President Donald Trump about the financial status of the business immediately after denying he would do so.

Trump told Forbes he would update the president "on the bottom line, profitability reports and stuff like that," likely "quarterly."

Repeating his father's past remarks, Trump has said he will not speak with the President at all about the status of the Trump Organization. As the president-elect in January 2017, Donald Trump announced his two adult sons would take over his company as soon as he took the Oval Office.
So much for giving up control.

I thought his vast business empire was the Trump Organization.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post

Of course I'm a partisan Democrat, and Donald Trump make me yearn for the halcyon days of the George W. Bush administration. That said, does Eric Trump not have the most punchable face this side of Martin Shkreli? Look up "douchebag" in Wikipedia, and, well, first you'll see a picture of Martin Shkreli. But, then, right there is Eric Trump.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayard View Post
Of course I'm a partisan Democrat, and Donald Trump make me yearn for the halcyon days of the George W. Bush administration. That said, does Eric Trump not have the most punchable face this side of Martin Shkreli? Look up "douchebag" in Wikipedia, and, well, first you'll see a picture of Martin Shkreli. But, then, right there is Eric Trump.
Have you seen pictures of the Donald and Shkreli side-by-side when they're producing a smug smirk? It's like twins. It really is. Makes me wonder if Donny had an encounter with Shkreli's mom in the early 80s in Brooklyn.

Last edited by Morgyn; 03-24-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

Images showing Trump's effort and result of trying to drive this thing:

http://www.fark.com/comments/9528014...915#c108114915

Old 03-24-2017, 10:09 PM
Charter Member

I'm watching a peach episode of Good Eats(2006) and AB just described a clingstone peach as clinging to the pit the way bad hair clings to Donald Trump.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Now that the Republicans are in power, they might have to actually do something. They might have to stop being "The Party of NO", and oppose everything under the sun.

I've speculated before that the Republicans didn't think Trump would win. They based their strategy for the next four years on the assumption that they could just continue being the party of blind opposition to whatever President Clinton said. But they unexpectedly swept the board and they're now suddenly being asked to run the country.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:33 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:

Reminds me of the fable of the scorpion and the frog.

Quote:
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."

Last edited by Colibri; 03-24-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
I've speculated before that the Republicans didn't think Trump would win. They based their strategy for the next four years on the assumption that they could just continue being the party of blind opposition to whatever President Clinton said. But they unexpectedly swept the board and they're now suddenly being asked to run the country.
They had since Nov. 8 to at least start working on a framework.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
They had since Nov. 8 to at least start working on a framework.
And yet...

Stranger
Old 03-24-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Reminds me of the fable of the scorpion and the frog.
Donald Trump Reads "Snake" Poem (see, he can read!)
Old 03-24-2017, 11:59 PM
Charter Member

So, Michael Flynn's son tweeted out the following:

"Ryan isn't just married to a Dem.. His wife was a Dem operative and her family are Dem megadonors. She also brought $5mill to the marriage."

Internicine warfare is always so cruel... bring your popcorn.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
So, Michael Flynn's son tweeted out the following:

"Ryan isn't just married to a Dem.. His wife was a Dem operative and her family are Dem megadonors. She also brought $5mill to the marriage."

Internicine warfare is always so cruel... bring your popcorn.
Same guy who thought Hillary was running a pedophile ring out of a pizzeria.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:10 AM
Charter Member

The National Enquirer is naming Michael Flynn as the spy in Trump's White House. Flynn's son is going after Ryan. Ryan and Trump, I'm sure, will blame the other. Trump will HAVE TO take this out on someone, and quick - do not be surprised to wake up to more Twidiocy tomorrow or Sunday.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:18 AM

You know, Impeachment starts in the House and would have to be allowed to happen by the Speaker. Just sayin', not the greatest idea to make this person, who belongs to your own freaking party, unhappy with you. You can't send over thugs or lawyers to intimidate him.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:29 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Traitor Trump claims Obamacare is going to explode. The only thing exploding right now is his head.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:44 AM
Charter Member

Oh FFS USA, can you at least slow down a bit on the madness? It's hard for those of us not in your timezone to keep up when 'things' change hour by hour (or minute by minute in some cases).

Thanks ever so much.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:36 AM

Trump Says He Never Promised to Quickly Repeal Obamacare. Here’s a Bunch of Times He Promised Exactly That.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:37 AM

If the Republicans stick it to him again, with the result that headlines start to feature the words FAILURE and LOSER too much, I believe that is the only thing that will send him looking for the exit. He's not a fighter. He's a "blame someone else and get out" kind of guy.

Also posted on Trumpcare thread.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:13 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
If the Republicans stick it to him again, with the result that headlines start to feature the words FAILURE and LOSER too much, I believe that is the only thing that will send him looking for the exit. He's not a fighter. He's a "blame someone else and get out" kind of guy.
Agreed. I've been saying ever since he announced his candidacy that he'll quit once the job gets hard.

Last edited by Monty; 03-25-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Agreed. I've been saying ever since he announced his candidacy that he'll quit once the job gets hard.
I would have agreed with this, too, until the Russian Connection got legs.

At this point, I believe the fake president is clinging to the notion of his immunity from prosecution while pretending to be president. He already indulges in delusions of "reelection" in 2020.

If the Russian Connection plays out as I believe it will, meaning it will only be presented when the case is air tight, they'll have to frog march him out of the Oval Office kicking and screaming the whole way. As much as I enjoy the prospect of this spectacle, my biggest fear is he'll carry out the ultimate spiteful revenge before it happens: Lobbing a nuke at some other country. Probably North Korea. He is a genuine madman, concerned solely for his own hide. He doesn't care who or what he sacrifices to keep his delusions intact. He objectifies everything in furtherance of this goal.

I agree with Chimera that Ryan will savor bringing an impeachment proceeding against Trump by the time Comey finally presents what he's got. I just hope it happens soon enough.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:00 AM

Trump, when he finally does get backed to the wall, very well might order a nuke to be fired. The good thing is nobody will follow that order.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:18 AM

Well, we may hope. And by hope I mean pray to all gods and dieties, wish for all senior military leaders to follow their consciences rather than the letter of law, and in extremis beg Fate that the Minuteman missile that is fired has a latent flaw in its guidance system sending it careening harmlessly into broad ocean area. Because there is no law that says the President can't nuke the shit out of whatever he wants as long as he can get some Cabinet member to validate his launch order, and I would not want to be in North Korea or Iran next time the timy-fisted harlequin has another infantile temper tantrum.

Stranger
Old 03-25-2017, 10:24 AM
Elephant Whisperer

The great Harry Truman said, "The buck stops here." The clownish traitor Donald Trump says, "The buck stops there."
Old 03-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Democrats troll Trump.
Quote:
The legislation would require the publication of White House visitor logs, something that was done regularly by the Obama administration but has since ended since President Trump took office. It would also mandate the release of visitor logs at other locations where the president conducts business -- for example, Mar-a-Lago, Trump's Florida resort that he has recently called the Southern White House.
The name of the bill?

The "Making Access Records Available to Lead American Government Openness Act."

Old 03-25-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Well, we may hope. And by hope I mean pray to all gods and dieties, wish for all senior military leaders to follow their consciences rather than the letter of law, and in extremis beg Fate that the Minuteman missile that is fired has a latent flaw in its guidance system sending it careening harmlessly into broad ocean area. Because there is no law that says the President can't nuke the shit out of whatever he wants as long as he can get some Cabinet member to validate his launch order, and I would not want to be in North Korea or Iran next time the timy-fisted harlequin has another infantile temper tantrum.

Stranger
Interesting thing about our military: following their conscience would be following the letter of the law as Trump's hypothetical order to nuke would be an immoral and unlawful order.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:34 AM

Well, at least the Democrats are doing something. To date, Saturday Night Live has had more impact Trump than anything Chuck Schumer, Bernie Sanders, and Nancy Pelosi have done. Kate McKinnon's impressions of Democrats and other figures opposing Trump have actually gotten more of a response than thr actual people she is parodying.

Stranger
Old 03-25-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Interesting thing about our military: following their conscience would be following the letter of the law as Trump's hypothetical order to nuke would be an immoral and unlawful order.
I can't speak to the morality–frankly, it is difficult to see how a nuclear weapon could be used that would not be definitionally immoral–but the President has plenary authority over the use of nuclear weapons. He doesn't have to ask Congress for permission, he doesn't need a verified attack on the United States by a foreign power, and he isn't required to justify his order. The order is merely verified by someone confirmed by a full vote of the Senate–generally taken to be the Secretary of Defense, but it could be any member of the Cabinet, or even Congressionally approved heads of major agencies–and all verification means is that the order comes directly from the President, and he is not under duress and is in command of his faculties. Alex Wellerstein spells this out and the rationale behind it in his Washington Post monograph, "No one can stop President Trump from using nuclear weapons. That’s by design."

Stranger
Old 03-25-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
I would have agreed with this, too, until the Russian Connection got legs.

At this point, I believe the fake president is clinging to the notion of his immunity from prosecution while pretending to be president. He already indulges in delusions of "reelection" in 2020.

If the Russian Connection plays out as I believe it will, meaning it will only be presented when the case is air tight, they'll have to frog march him out of the Oval Office kicking and screaming the whole way. As much as I enjoy the prospect of this spectacle, my biggest fear is he'll carry out the ultimate spiteful revenge before it happens: Lobbing a nuke at some other country. Probably North Korea. He is a genuine madman, concerned solely for his own hide. He doesn't care who or what he sacrifices to keep his delusions intact. He objectifies everything in furtherance of this goal.

I agree with Chimera that Ryan will savor bringing an impeachment proceeding against Trump by the time Comey finally presents what he's got. I just hope it happens soon enough.

this all makes so much sense it's a wonder any of us can sleep at night
Old 03-25-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
The great Harry Truman said, "The buck stops here." The clownish traitor Donald Trump says, "The buck stops there."
Or: "The one place the buck NEVER stops is here."

Old 03-25-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Eric always was the Butthead to Don Jr's Beavis.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:45 PM

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin: "Trump has perfect genes."
Old 03-25-2017, 02:57 PM

How many ass-clowns can this fucking circus possibly have?
Old 03-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

I'm beginning to hear that Flynn cut a deal with the FBI

https://twitter.com/juliettekayyem/s...73079611187204
Old 03-25-2017, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
All of them?

As this latest fiasco shows, these guys can't even agree on how to say "Fuck off".
Old 03-25-2017, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
Traitor Trump claims Obamacare is going to explode.
Even though the CBO says its markets are stable over most of the country.

That could just be another appeal to alternative facts. Let's hope it isn't a threat to issue executive orders (which were lawless tyranny under Obama) to make health care explode.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
<snip>he finally does get backed to the wall</snip>
I see what you did there,
Old 03-25-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
How many can you fit into a tour bus? Mnuchin actually looks like an ass-clown, too.

Stranger
Old 03-25-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
You know, Impeachment starts in the House and would have to be allowed to happen by the Speaker. Just sayin', not the greatest idea to make this person, who belongs to your own freaking party, unhappy with you. You can't send over thugs or lawyers to intimidate him.
Step 1 in Ryan v. Trump would be an announcement that Devin Nunes was being replaced as chair of the House Intelligence committee, due to his unfortunate handling of classified information and uncomfortably close ties to the Trump administration.

If Nunes gets replaced with someone actually impartial...it'd be a sign that Trump has made a powerful enemy and it's going to get ugly.

But that's all probably wishful thinking...