Old 09-21-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Individual 1 said that they brought in champion mountain climbers to try to climb WALL and they couldn't do it. Champion mountain climbers say they can't find anybody they know who was called in to try it.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...es-full-of-sht

Here's one.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Trump is the asshole in your rental house that you can't kick out.

Doesn't pay rent, peeded on the carpets, but he has a lease, so you have to go through the gears of justice, as slow as they turn.

He has some buddies that harass the neighbors, but the cops never come because Trump knows the chief of police.
And meanwhile about a quarter of the people you know won't shut up about how you're a fool to go through the gears of justice, because you could just impeach the guy and then he'd be gone!

And about three quarters of the people you know tune out the second you mention any of this because it bores them silly. They could be watching the Kardashians or some sports event or doing just about anything else, really. And they can't be convinced that there's anything actually objectionable about your tenant. I mean, how could he even have become a tenant in the first place, if there is really anything out of the ordinary about him? You're over-reacting!

my emphasis
Old 09-21-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
And meanwhile about a quarter of the people you know won't shut up about how you're a fool to go through the gears of justice, because you could just impeach the guy and then he'd be gone!

And about three quarters of the people you know tune out the second you mention any of this because it bores them silly. They could be watching the Kardashians or some sports event or doing just about anything else, really. And they can't be convinced that there's anything actually objectionable about your tenant. I mean, how could he even have become a tenant in the first place, if there is really anything out of the ordinary about him? You're over-reacting!

my emphasis
Plus, they hate landlords and they love watching sometime stick it to a landlord.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Individual 1 said that they brought in champion mountain climbers to try to climb WALL and they couldn't do it. Champion mountain climbers say they can't find anybody they know who was called in to try it.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...es-full-of-sht
I didn’t even know that mountain climbing was a competitive sport. Who designates the champions at it?
Old 09-21-2019, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
I didn’t even know that mountain climbing was a competitive sport. Who designates the champions at it?
The King, duh.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Donald Trump has been played like a cheep fiddle and is in WAY over his head. A narcistic moron that will never ask for advice, change his mind or admit that he may have been wrong. A stupid con man that has been conned.

Oh he makes a few hundred grand on his hotel schemes, all while giving the US away to the lowest bidder.
But so far as he's concerned, that makes him a winner. It's money in his pocket and to hell with the rest of us.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:12 AM

"Idling in neutral"
Quote:
...But idling in neutral is not something the president is doing only on guns. In discussions with his staff, Mr. Trump has made clear he wants to accomplish something big, but seems stymied as to what it might be, according to interviews with a half-dozen aides and advisers. In the meantime, he has remained on the sidelines as divisive issues are debated and is treading water even on possible staff changes he wants to make, for fear of how things “play.”

A spotlight on the people reshaping our politics. A conversation with voters across the country. And a guiding hand through the endless news cycle, telling you what you really need to know.

On the international stage, Mr. Trump has seemed most conflicted about how to respond to Iran’s attack on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, threatening to order “the ultimate option” one moment, and then warning that getting involved in Middle East wars was a mistake the next.

And the lack of direction is apparent even in the message he delivers at his campaign rallies. With little in the way of policy proposals or a larger vision, he has been telling crowds from New Hampshire to South Carolina, “You have no choice but to vote for me,” and has been promoting his new slogan, “Keep America Great.”
If he wants to "accomplish something big," he should take John Dean's suggestion:
Quote:
John Dean @JohnWDean 6h
The biggest and finest thing Trump could do for the nation and a positive lasting legacy is resign and leave office at the end of the year! The reasons are obvious even to him I suspect. He can pardon himself, and go spend quality time with his young son!
If he resigned, that's something the nation would always remember and always be grateful for! He can go down in history as having made the Ultimate Sacrifice for the good of the country, namely. Maybe someone can design a medal for him and there can be a big (YUGE!) presentation ceremony in the Rose Garden. He can present it to himself, like Napoleon. I can see the photographs now... Melania with a big smile on her face, and in the background, a moving van emptying out the family quarters. Yeah. That's what he should do. I have a big smile on my face just imagining it.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:44 AM

Heck, if he did that then he would be more deserving of a Nobel peace prize than Obama.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:49 AM

"…and for voluntarily removing himself from the dangerous situation he created and perpetuated…"

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-22-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:47 AM

What did Barron ever do to John Dean?
Old 09-22-2019, 11:35 AM

“It is fake news that a whistleblower says I shot someone on fifth avenue.” (Friday)
“The whistleblower who says I shot someone on fifth avenue is a liar and an Obama spy.” (Saturday)
“Sometimes as president, to protect the country, it is necessary for shoot someone on fifth avenue.” (Today)
Old 09-22-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
What did Barron ever do to John Dean?
I laughed!
Old 09-22-2019, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
“It is fake news that a whistleblower says I shot someone on fifth avenue.” (Friday)
“The whistleblower who says I shot someone on fifth avenue is a liar and an Obama spy.” (Saturday)
“Sometimes as president, to protect the country, it is necessary for shoot someone on fifth avenue.” (Today)
"It is fake news that a whistleblower says I shot someone on fifth avenue." (Tomorrow)
Old 09-22-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I wonder how fast the White house would empty out if Trump was given his second amendment right to own a firearm.

I think we should give him and all White House staff guns. At least this mess would be over pretty quickly.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:14 PM
A Rather Dubious Fellow Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
I love his movies!
+1. That one with Meryl Streep in it was particularly good.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
I wonder how fast the White house would empty out if Trump was given his second amendment right to own a firearm.
Trump applied for, and received, a permit to carry a concealed firearm sometime back in the early ‘90s, I think. I remember it being covered in the NYC tabloids.

I don’t know if he ever did so; I suppose the very thought of packing heat made his tiny wiener semi-hard.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:51 PM

Remember Trump, genius, looking right up at the eclipse? He'd likewise look right down the barrel of a gun to see if it was loaded.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

BREAKING, from the NY Times:

"Trump shot Jesus on Fifth Avenue, raising troubling questions as to what Jesus did to Trump."
Old 09-22-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Trump applied for, and received, a permit to carry a concealed firearm sometime back in the early ‘90s, I think.
He's since claimed to own both an "H&K .45 and a .38 Smith & Wesson.”

He also claimed, in a discussion of the terrorist attack at the Bataclan concert hall in Paris, that:
Quote:
I always carry a weapon on me. If I'd been at the Bataclan or one of those bars, I would have opened fire. Perhaps I would have died, but at least I would have taken a shot.
Everyone can and should apply their own personal Trump Bullshit Detector to those statements (and, frankly, everything else he's ever said or ever will).

And then there's this gaudy bit of promotion: https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanna.../#24a38cbe119b
Old 09-22-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmlabs View Post
+1. That one with Meryl Streep in it was particularly good.
I have a real fondness for Mother because as Debbie Reynolds played the title character, she was so much like my mom.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Plus, they hate landlords and they love watching sometime stick it to a landlord.
Yeah, that's an important part of the dynamic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
..... a moving van emptying out the family quarters. Yeah. That's what he should do. I have a big smile on my face just imagining it.
That smile will vanish when you realize that the Trumps have emptied the White House of its every historic treasure, and hightailed it with the loot to their new dacha on the Black Sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
BREAKING, from the NY Times:
"Trump shot Jesus on Fifth Avenue, raising troubling questions as to what Jesus did to Trump."
Obviously Jesus shot first. As the Trump apologists love to explain, as if it actually makes any sense: 'Trump is a counter-puncher' (or shooter, in this case).
Old 09-22-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmlabs View Post
He's since claimed to own both an "H&K .45 and a .38 Smith & Wesson.”

He also claimed, in a discussion of the terrorist attack at the Bataclan concert hall in Paris, that:

"I always carry a weapon on me. If I'd been at the Bataclan or one of those bars, I would have opened fire. Perhaps I would have died, but at least I would have taken a shot."

Everyone can and should apply their own personal Trump Bullshit Detector to those statements (and, frankly, everything else he's ever said or ever will).

And then there's this gaudy bit of promotion: https://www.forbes.com/sites/susanna.../#24a38cbe119b
Reality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty6XAN_kzm4
Old 09-22-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatyGimpy View Post
A Republican held up a "Republicans against Trump" sign, so a Republican shouted "Gun!" and the Republican on stage was rushed off stage.

Why can't all y'all just put the Republicans in camps the way Republicans put asylum seekers in camps? But then I guess you can't do that because you're not Republicans.

What a shit hole.

Last edited by Muffin; 09-22-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatyGimpy View Post
Boy, he just leaped into action, didn't he?
Old 09-22-2019, 07:22 PM

Very nimble. People say he's nimble, and in great shape.
Fuck, he looked like the one they were trying to tackle.
Just how easy is it to fool Republicans, anyway?? Fuck, I've never seen that clip before.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:28 PM

The guy tackled in Reno was released without charges

Apparently he was a republican carrying an anti-Trump sign, so one of the toothless snowflakes got the vapors and yelled 'GUN.'
Old 09-22-2019, 08:31 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Obviously Jesus shot first.

Well, He does have blood on his hands.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
and feet

I'll show myself out
Old 09-22-2019, 09:03 PM

And side.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
and feet
I considered posting that. And then I thought, “Nah.”
Old 09-22-2019, 09:20 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
I considered posting that. And then I thought, “Nah.”
It never crossed my mind.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:28 PM

Trump (5:22 video; Trump is just the first minute) and Giuliani (5:02 video; Giuliani is the first 90 seconds) both dug themselves in deeper today.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 09-22-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
It never crossed my mind.
At least you reached the crux of the matter.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
But so far as he's concerned, that makes him a winner. It's money in his pocket and to hell with the rest of us.
Remember those old bumper stickers?

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

I don't see that as too far from the Trump mindset. And yes, I'm using the word "mindset" loosely.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:08 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post

&

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
and feet

&

Quote:
And side.

Posts like these could be stigmatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
Remember those old bumper stickers?

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

I don't see that as too far from the Trump mindset. And yes, I'm using the word "mindset" loosely.

Remember, "null" is a set.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Trump (5:22 video; Trump is just the first minute) and Giuliani (5:02 video; Giuliani is the first 90 seconds) both dug themselves in deeper today.
Dude, fucking stop pimping this nobody. If you're going to link to video with some schmuck providing commentary, say so.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
Dude, fucking stop pimping this nobody. If you're going to link to video with some schmuck providing commentary, say so.
Hey, shove it up your ass, fuckface. Learn to read. Oh, and go fuck yourself.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank Slate View Post
Bryan Tyler Cohen is the managing editor of Occupy Democrats and a former editor for the Huffington Post. He has 69 thousand followers on Twitter and over 200,000 followers on YouTube. He's not a nobody.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:40 PM

Blank Slate is tho.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:42 PM

Motion Meme
Old 09-23-2019, 05:59 AM
Charter Member

Climbing Trump's "unclimbable" Wall is now a tourist attraction. They're timing how long it takes people to climb it without any equipment. The record is 45 seconds:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...paign=trending
Old 09-23-2019, 06:01 AM
Charter Member

mm

Last edited by CalMeacham; 09-23-2019 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
Climbing Trump's "unclimbable" Wall is now a tourist attraction. They're timing how long it takes people to climb it without any equipment. The record is 45 seconds:

That's really funny. But the sad part is that Trump has already said that it can't be done, and that is the gospel for all of the Trump shit-for-brains supporters.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:

They fry any eggs while they were up there?
Old 09-23-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Trump can be so predictable about some things. In the first video clip, it starts with Trump saying the phone call was congratulatory. Of course. Trump's insecurity and narcissism necessitate that he lets everyone know how other world leaders think he's doing amazing things (even more so than Frederick Douglass).

The next thing is Trump's constant psychological projection--the Biden's are the corrupt ones and need to be investigated. Investigate Trump? Witch Hunt!!! And this only a week or so after Pence stayed in Trump's hotel in Ireland almost 200 miles away from his meeting (one pundit likened it to staying in Baltimore for meetings in New York) and we learn the Air Force has been basically subsidizing the Scottish airport near his property and the property itself. And that's only two recent items from the laundry list of Trump's corruption and self-dealing.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Blank Slate is tho.
Aw, did the manchild get his feelings hurt? Why not go down to the quarry and play hide and go fuck yourself.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
That's really funny. But the sad part is that Trump has already said that it can't be done, and that is the gospel for all of the Trump shit-for-brains supporters.
The real disgrace, which the failing Fake News media refuses to admit, is that Hillary and the Deep State used deepfake technology to create an OBVIOUSLY FAKE video of people climbing the Wall to try to make Trump look bad. But it won't work, because Real Americans are too smart to fall for it. They know how much the president has accomplished - more than any other president of any country in the World in the History of Time since the creation of the UNIVERSE!
Old 09-23-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:

Thats really disgraceful. They need to stop people from disgracing Trump's glorious wall like that. Maybe put a fence around it or something.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:13 AM

Rumor has it that the Mexicans have discovered the ladder technology and even have ropes.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
Thats really disgraceful. They need to stop people from disgracing Trump's glorious wall like that. Maybe put a fence around it or something.
Yes -- an UNCLIMBABLE fence!