Old 05-28-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Can we work up a vid of a Russian hooker taking a leak and juxtapose it with a shot of Trump getting splashed with some kind of liquid? Or maybe a pair of tiny men’s hands groping a young woman, juxtaposed with a grinning Trump? That would be pretty easy to do, no? And then THROW IT UP ALL OVER THE INTERNET?

Considering we have this actual video of Trump, which had exactly zero negative impact on his supporters, I can't imagine what we could fake that would hurt him.

Last edited by Horatius; 05-28-2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Considering we have this actual video of Trump, which had exactly zero negative impact on his supporters, I can't imagine what we could fake that would hurt him.
Forgot about that one. What an evil piece of shit.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham View Post
That sounds like one of the Warning Signs of Insanity, to tell the truth.
This got me Googling and one of my first hits was this blog post (so take it with whatever grain of salt):

How The Narcissist Projects His/Her Behaviour Onto You

I've been commenting on Trump's psychological projection for a while now. This pretty much sums Trump up:

Quote:
During your relationship with the narcissist you were probably accused of doing and being all sorts of things that you know at a logical level you certainly wouldn’t do.

Such as:

Being unfaithful, a pathological liar, untrustworthy, unscrupulous, a gold-digger, mentally unstable, attention-seeking, a horrible parent, a child-abuser, horrible, unloving, selfish (’It is all about you’), ‘You don’t treat me like an equal’, or that you are the narcissist…etc

Today I want to explain how when a narcissist accuses you of such atrocities he/she is actually speaking to a MIRROR.
[my italics]

Except for child abuse, that's spot on.

‘You don’t treat me like an equal’--Trump always whining that no other president has ever been treated so unfairly.

"No puppet. You're the puppet."

Trump's doing the same thing with Pelosi: "I'm not crazy. You're crazy."

Quote:
For all the narcissist’s ‘confidence’ and ‘acclaim’ and statements of ‘specialness’ about him or herself – the narcissist has an very poorly defined Inner Self, and is constantly plagued by feelings of inadequacy and not being good enough.
SAD!
Old 05-28-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
This got me Googling and one of my first hits was this blog post (so take it with whatever grain of salt):
How The Narcissist Projects His/Her Behaviour Onto You

I've been commenting on Trump's psychological projection for a while now. This pretty much sums Trump up:
[my italics]
Except for child abuse, that's spot on.
‘You don’t treat me like an equal’--Trump always whining that no other president has ever been treated so unfairly.
"No puppet. You're the puppet."
Trump's doing the same thing with Pelosi: "I'm not crazy. You're crazy."
SAD!
Among all the other things Republicans are failing to act on, their choice to ignore this obvious 25th Amendment situation is particularly troubling. What degree of mental illness would they think worth acting on??
Old 05-28-2019, 03:44 PM
Charter Member

Voting for progressive policies?
Old 05-28-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Voting for progressive policies?
Heh. Yeah, that would do it!
Old 05-28-2019, 04:02 PM

And of course the ever popular "Low IQ Joe Bidan" He's not just sick. He's a moron too.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
And of course the ever popular "Low IQ Joe Bidan" He's not just sick. He's a moron too.
We'll see if Trump does the narcissist's mirror thing on the topic of 'grabbing women without their permission.'

Biden is vulnerable on that score, but Trump doesn't really have a history of bringing up his own grabbin' tendencies at rallies and such. He'd defend it if someone else brought it up, but he doesn't introduce the topic himself.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
We'll see if Trump does the narcissist's mirror thing on the topic of 'grabbing women without their permission.'

Biden is vulnerable on that score, but Trump doesn't really have a history of bringing up his own grabbin' tendencies at rallies and such. He'd defend it if someone else brought it up, but he doesn't introduce the topic himself.
There are social memes out there that I've seen posted by Trump supporters like photos of Biden hugging women and smelling their hair with captions about how creepy Biden is.

Yes, that's pretty weird smelling their hair, but it's pretty ironic Trump supporters calling Biden out on that when Trump himself has bragged about committing sexual assault.

But for some in the Trump cult, the leader, by definition, can do no wrong.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:23 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

We already discovered Trump did not realize that Puerto Rico is actually part of the US, but he still fails at geography. So, Tuesday he visited the USS WASP (wonderful bit of irony, that) and wished the crew "Happy Memorial Day". He stated reason was "It's still Memorial Day back in the United States. I bet the residents of Guam were surprised that it was still Monday.

And what did our illustrious leader do on the actual date of Memorial Day? At least he wasn't playing golf. He got that in on Sunday.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
We already discovered Trump did not realize that Puerto Rico is actually part of the US, but he still fails at geography. So, Tuesday he visited the USS WASP (wonderful bit of irony, that) and wished the crew "Happy Memorial Day". He stated reason was "It's still Memorial Day back in the United States. I bet the residents of Guam were surprised that it was still Monday.

And what did our illustrious leader do on the actual date of Memorial Day? At least he wasn't playing golf. He got that in on Sunday.
"Happy Memorial Day"

A friend of mine is a senior military officer and his brother shared a video clip of him talking to his troops on Memorial Day. In the clip, my friend says one of the most difficult things he has to do is present the folded-up flag at funerals to the families that have lost a loved one under his command.

Something our current commander-in-chief couldn't possibly relate to.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Don't you mean moran?
Old 05-29-2019, 09:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Among all the other things Republicans are failing to act on, their choice to ignore this obvious 25th Amendment situation is particularly troubling. What degree of mental illness would they think worth acting on??
Being a Democrat. Duh.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:37 AM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Being a Democrat. Duh.
Or appointing one to SCOTUS.

Speaking of which, Mitch McConnell just proved yet again, for anyone who had any doubt, that he is utterly unprincipled and opportunistic: https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/polit...tus/index.html
Old 05-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

Every time you think he can't get any more embarrassing, he does:

Quote:
White House Wanted USS John McCain "Out of Sight" During Trump Japan Visit

The White House wanted the U.S. Navy to move "out of sight" a warship named for the late Sen. John McCain, a war hero who became a frequent target of President Trump's ire, ahead of the president’s visit to Japan last week, according to an email reviewed by The Wall Street Journal....

There were discussions within the U.S. military over the past week about how to handle the warship, another U.S. official said. The ship is being repaired after a 2017 collision, and any ship undergoing such repair or maintenance would be difficult to move, officials said. A tarp was hung over the ship's name ahead of the president’s trip, according to photos reviewed by the Journal, and sailors were directed to remove any coverings from the ship that bore its name. After the tarp was taken down, a barge was moved closer to the ship, obscuring its name. Sailors on the ship, who typically wear caps bearing its name, were given the day off during Mr. Trump’s visit, people familiar with the matter said....
Words fail me.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post

Words fail me.
CPO Shirley McCain was ordered belowdeck until Air Force One left Japanese airspace.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:19 PM

Shirley? You can’t be serious.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:46 PM
SDSAB

He is, and stop calling him Mr. President.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:

Words fail me.

I guess someone forgot that the Sailors' uniforms have the ship's name on a tab on the sleeve.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
He is, and stop calling him Mr. President.
Never even started.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Words fail me.
Well, face it. Sometimes it's easier to get whatever enrages a toddler out of his sight than endure it tantrum.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:23 AM

Aren't a lot of sailors proud of their ships? I wonder what they thought about covering up the name with a tarp?
Old 05-30-2019, 11:57 AM
SDSAB

You wouldn't even see the name unless you were facing the stern and close enough to read it painted there. What a bunch of petty, ignorant idjits we have in the White House these days.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of a Rich View Post
Aren't a lot of sailors proud of their ships? I wonder what they thought about covering up the name with a tarp?
They maybe thought: "Gee, those McCains sure have a strong history of military service, which I respect, but then again, Trump has MAGA!!!

Last edited by bobot; 05-30-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Don't you mean moran?
He is a moron, he is fluent in moran so he can communicate with his supporters.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
There are social memes out there that I've seen posted by Trump supporters like photos of Biden hugging women and smelling their hair with captions about how creepy Biden is.

Yes, that's pretty weird smelling their hair, but it's pretty ironic Trump supporters calling Biden out on that when Trump himself has bragged about committing sexual assault.

But for some in the Trump cult, the leader, by definition, can do no wrong.
"Some"?
Old 06-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
You wouldn't even see the name unless you were facing the stern and close enough to read it painted there. What a bunch of petty, ignorant idjits we have in the White House these days.
And a Navy that denies fearing to piss off the idjit(s)---but there seems to be evidence to the contrary:

Quote:
The U.S. Navy has acknowledged that a request was made to hide the USS John S. McCain during President Donald Trump's recent state visit to Japan.

"A request was made to the U.S. Navy to minimize the visibility of USS John S. McCain, however, all ships remained in their normal configuration during the President's visit," Rear Admiral Charlie Brown, chief of information...

The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday that it had reviewed an email to Navy and Air Force officials dated May 15 that included the direction "USS John McCain needs to be out of sight" for Trump's Japan visit.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ccain-n1012731

So the tarp and the barge were just there obscuring the name by accident?

I don't know what's worse: a branch of the military quaking in their boots lest they trigger the C-in-C's tantrum, or a branch of the military doing the quaking, and then misleading the public about the matter.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:13 PM

Trump continues his quest to turn the Presidential Medal of Freedom into a Republican participation trophy. The next recipient will be Arthur Laffer, creator of the appropriately named Laffer Curve and co-author of a book called Trumponomics, both of which I'm sure Donald Trump studied in detail before deciding on the award.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...-arthur-laffer
Old 06-01-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
Trump continues his quest to turn the Presidential Medal of Freedom into a Republican participation trophy. The next recipient will be Arthur Laffer, creator of the appropriately named Laffer Curve and co-author of a book called Trumponomics, both of which I'm sure Donald Trump studied in detail before deciding on the award.

The co-author is Stephen Moore, Trump's Fed pick who withdrew after his anti-women musings were revisited.

I found this review:

An Insider Book Tries to Praise Trump, But Instead Exposes His Corruption

Quote:
Trumponomics is a damning exposé of the corrupt bargain between Donald Trump and the party’s wealthy insiders. The odd thing is that the book is not intended as an exposé at all, but as an auto-hagiography written by three Republican policy entrepreneurs who helped win Trump over and shape his program, and are so lacking in self-awareness that they earnestly believe they are defending both Trump and his partners.

The authors of Trumponomics are Larry Kudlow (who left in the middle of its writing to accept a job as director of the National Economic Council), Stephen Moore, and Arthur Laffer. The three fervently propound supply-side economics, a doctrine that holds that economic performance hinges largely on maintaining low tax rates on the rich. In the 1990s, the supply-siders insisted Bill Clinton’s increase in the top tax rate would create a recession and cause revenue to plummet. The following decade, they heralded the Bush tax cuts as the elixir that had brought in a glorious new era of prosperity. Moore wrote Bullish on Bush: How George Bush’s Ownership Society Will Make America Stronger, and Kudlow wrote the foreward to The Bush Boom.

Their record of being wrong about everything is so incomprehensibly vast it is astonishing they have retained their positions of influence over a major party. Trumponomics inadvertently clarifies how an economist who was declaring the U.S. housing market to be perfectly sound and on its way up in July 2008 secured a job as chief economist to the president of the United States as a matter of course.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

From the citation: "Arthur B. Laffer, the ‘Father of Supply-Side Economics,’ is one of the most influential economists in American history."

Well, who can argue with that? The influence of his ideas is responsible for the looting of the federal treasury to the tune of several trillion dollars. That's trillion with a T...Yup, if that's not influential, I don't know what is.

Last edited by jshore; 06-01-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Mark Alan Stamaty, cartoonist for the Village Voice, was already mocking the Laffer Curve back in 1984, with his strip about the “Giggle Wiggle.”

I wish I could make a link to that particular strip, because the depiction of the wild-haired lunatic “Professor Giggle” was a masterpiece of underground satiric political art. I can still picture it 35 years later.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Mark Alan Stamaty, cartoonist for the Village Voice, was already mocking the Laffer Curve back in 1984, with his strip about the “Giggle Wiggle.”

I wish I could make a link to that particular strip, because the depiction of the wild-haired lunatic “Professor Giggle” was a masterpiece of underground satiric political art. I can still picture it 35 years later.
Martin Gardner, who at the time was still writing his [I[Mathematical Games[/I] column in [I[Scientific American[/I], also lambasted the absurd simplicity and stupidity of the Laffer Curve, suggesting it be replaced with the more realistic "Technosnarl"

https://www.salon.com/2017/04/27/tru...-laffer-curve/

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/...-hocus-pocus/#!

Last edited by CalMeacham; 06-01-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Did anyone ever mention that the Laffer Curve drawing looked exactly like a...tongue?

And which assholes it was going to be licking?
Old 06-01-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
From the citation: "Arthur B. Laffer, the ‘Father of Supply-Side Economics,’ is one of the most influential economists in American history."

Well, who can argue with that? The influence of his ideas is responsible for the looting of the federal treasury to the tune of several trillion dollars. That's trillion with a T...Yup, if that's not influential, I don't know what is.
He also helped Sam Brownback and the rest of the GOP fuck over Kansas.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
And a Navy that denies fearing to piss off the idjit(s)---but there seems to be evidence to the contrary:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ccain-n1012731

So the tarp and the barge were just there obscuring the name by accident?

I don't know what's worse: a branch of the military quaking in their boots lest they trigger the C-in-C's tantrum, or a branch of the military doing the quaking, and then misleading the public about the matter.
The sailors in port were invited to visit the ship that Individual 1 was speaking on, but the sailors from the McCain were not allowed on the ship because of their designations on their uniforms.
https://www.businessinsider.com/uss-...-speech-2019-5
Old 06-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Business Insider
When several McCain sailors tried to attend the speech anyway, they were turned away, a service member told The New York Times. A Navy official told BI that they were likely sent away because they were not dressed in appropriate attire.

A Navy official explained to BI that they were likely sent away because they were not dressed in the proper attire, suggesting that the sailors were wearing command ball caps with the McCain's insignia rather than the eight-point covers and Type IIIs required of participating commands.
Underline mine. Translation: We were forestalling a tantrum from the Toddler-in-chief.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Underline mine. Translation: We were forestalling a tantrum from the Toddler-in-chief.
Unless there are photos of other sailors wearing their ship ball caps, I would accept the Navy's explanation for this. Even when the CIC is an ass, when he shows up and holds a formal event, I imagine everyone wears their good clothes.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Unless there are photos of other sailors wearing their ship ball caps, I would accept the Navy's explanation for this. Even when the CIC is an ass, when he shows up and holds a formal event, I imagine everyone wears their good clothes.

That's not necessarily the case. There are plenty of photos of presidents among service members, and said service members are wearing working uniforms instead of dress uniforms.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
That's not necessarily the case. There are plenty of photos of presidents among service members, and said service members are wearing working uniforms instead of dress uniforms.
Sometimes the President wears a working uniform too. Like a flight suit, for example.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Sometimes the President wears a working uniform too. Like a flight suit, for example.

Oh fuck you for making me imagine Trump in W's flight suit photo, crotch bulge and all. That is not OK.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:52 AM

It's not that Trump has pissed me off today; it's that I have a newfound appreciation for Saddiq Khan, who is un-apologetically standing up to a bully. I'm not pissed at Trump, just embarrassed that so many people could still support this fuckstick.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:40 AM

The President of the US wants to interfere in private business because they're mean to him. What a snowflake.

Trump calls for a boycott of AT&T to force ‘big changes’ at CNN – ‘It is so unfair with such bad, Fake News!’

Quote:
* President Trump calls for a boycott of AT&T to force “big changes” at subsidiary CNN.

* “I believe that if people stoped using or subscribing to @ATT, they would be forced to make big changes at @CNN, which is dying in the ratings anyway. It is so unfair with such bad, Fake News!” Trump tweets from the U.K., misspelling “stopped.”

* Trump has frequently attacked CNN’s coverage of him, dating to his time as a presidential candidate. On the campaign trail in 2016, he vowed to block AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner, which included CNN among its most prominent assets.

Indeed, the Trump Justice Department did challenge the blockbuster $85.4 billion deal. A federal judge had ruled last June that the merger was legal, but the DOJ appealed the next month, after the deal officially closed. Then, in February, a federal judge again ruled in AT&T’s favor and the Justice Department let the matter go.

However, House Democrats are looking into whether Trump told his one-time top economic advisor Gary Cohn to use the Justice Department to block the AT&T-Time Warner deal. The White House in April denied lawmakers’ request for documents that might show whether Trump sought to intervene in the acquisition.

The Justice Department’s antitrust head said in 2018 that he never received orders, instructions or directions regarding the AT&T-Time Warner deal from Trump, White House officials or other DOJ officials.
Well, I guess it's OK then that the DOJ was never instructed. We all know that they would never misrepresent anything to the public.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:25 PM
SDSAB

Nothing quite like insulting a member of the Royal Family and the mayor of your host's biggest city almost as you step off Air Force One: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/02/polit...sit/index.html
Old 06-03-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Nothing quite like insulting a member of the Royal Family and the mayor of your host's biggest city almost as you step off Air Force One: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/02/polit...sit/index.html
Nobody does it like Donnie!
Old 06-03-2019, 02:33 PM

Cross-posted to the "Clusterfuck" thread...

I think this is for real, but honestly who the hell knows anymore? It seems the Buckingham Palace band a
played Emperor Palpatine's theme when Trump appeared.

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/...818415617?s=19
Old 06-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Cross-posted to the "Clusterfuck" thread...

I think this is for real, but honestly who the hell knows anymore? It seems the Buckingham Palace band a
played Emperor Palpatine's theme when Trump appeared.

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/...818415617?s=19
Bad link, try this one.

Alas, apparently not true. First, the Brits have too much class, and also the replies downthread have the source of the audio.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:58 PM
SDSAB

It would've been awesome if they'd done that. I remember an Australian military band played "The Colonel Bogey March" (made famous by The Bridge on the River Kwai) when some Japanese dignitary visited in the Seventies. Big controversy at the time.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
Bad link, try this one.

Alas, apparently not true. First, the Brits have too much class, and also the replies downthread have the source of the audio.
Ah, crap. Thanks for both corrections.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I remember an Australian military band played "The Colonel Bogey March" (made famous by The Bridge on the River Kwai) when some Japanese dignitary visited in the Seventies. Big controversy at the time.

Could have been worse. They could have played only the first 5 notes, pause then repeat. Try it at home, it's torture.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:08 PM

I, for one, am not surprised:

Trump Companies Accused of Tax Evasion in Panama

Quote:
The owners of a 70-story Panama City hotel tower formerly managed by President Donald Trump’s companies are accusing them of stiffing the Panamanian government.

In a legal filing Monday in an ongoing lawsuit in Manhattan federal court, private equity manager Orestes Fintiklis and the company he leads, Ithaca Capital Partners, claimed that two Trump companies failed to pay Panamanian taxes equal to 12.5% of the management fees they drew from the hotel.

The Trump entities were allegedly supposed to withhold those fees in advance and pay them to the government regardless of whether the property was profitable or not. Instead, the Trump companies simply kept the money, the suit claims, “thus intentionally evading taxes.”