Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
How about a line of action figures?
21st Century Bastards

God Emperor Trump
Old 06-14-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
God Emperor Trump
That figure should'a been hugging that multi-flag thing it's got.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
How about a line of action figures? Eric and DJTJ, Ivanka and Jared, Bannon, and the much sought-after (and soon to be nigh unobtainable) Spicer/Scaramucci/Huckabee-Sanders set (individually numbered with a certificate of authenticity; comes in a velveteen-lined pleather box suitable for display; this limited edition run of 46 million can be yours for five easy payments of $39.95 plus 14.95 S&H; allow up to eight weeks for delivery).
Squeeze Bannon's belly and a stream of vodka-scented sludge shoots out of its mouth!
Old 06-14-2019, 07:09 PM

How about a talking Trump doll, that one pulls the string and it says "NO COLLUSION! NO OBSTRUCTION!", like, almost every single time. Once every few dozen pulls it would say something different, like "We need to look at the oranges of the investigation." I think it would be very realistic.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
How about a talking Trump doll, that one pulls the string and it says "NO COLLUSION! NO OBSTRUCTION!", like, almost every single time. Once every few dozen pulls it would say something different, like "We need to look at the oranges of the investigation." I think it would be very realistic.
I don't know; his fans would love a talking doll (there's already a bear that sold a lot of units, but I don't think it talks). But they'd want it to say 'Make America Great Again' and 'God Bless America.' They wouldn't tolerate the realistic remarks you suggest.

And non-fans of Trump would NOT want a little doll of him in their homes at all, let alone sitting on a shelf looking at them. *shivers*

Now talking-Trump clay shooting targets---that could catch on.

Extremely weird side note: not being sure what the technical term might be for the old 'clay pigeons' that used to be mentioned as the targets in skeet shooting, I typed 'skeet shooting' into Google search. The Wikipedia page starts out:

Quote:
Skeet shooting is a recreational and competitive activity where participants, using shotguns, attempt to break clay targets mechanically flung into the air ...
But the Wikipedia hit on the search-results page has the same....except "shoot dead babies" where "break clay targets" appears on the Wikipedia page.

What the eff?

Here's the search page---first hit is the 's.d.b.' one:
https://www.google.com/search?as_q=&...pe=&as_rights=
Old 06-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
I don't know; his fans would love a talking doll (there's already a bear that sold a lot of units, but I don't think it talks).
It just shits in the woods everywhere.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Sounds about right.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:15 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Noon here. I'm not that heroic an alcoholic wretch
It's always 5pm somewhere.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
And non-fans of Trump would NOT want a little doll of him in their homes at all, let alone sitting on a shelf looking at them. *shivers*
Not true. I have a handful for posterity, like my Official World's Greatest Troll and of course my cherished Trump caganer.
Quote:
I don't know; his fans would love a talking doll (there's already a bear that sold a lot of units, but I don't think it talks).
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Y'all should really check out that caganer, eh.

Last edited by Snowboarder Bo; 06-14-2019 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:16 PM

I just got an email from the Trump Victory campaign begging me to volunteer for a week long training session on how to make sure that Individual 1 wins in 2020. Why would they POSSIBLY think I would be interested in that, and what mailing list did they buy that has my name and email address on it?
Old 06-15-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
I just got an email from the Trump Victory campaign begging me to volunteer for a week long training session on how to make sure that Individual 1 wins in 2020. Why would they POSSIBLY think I would be interested in that, and what mailing list did they buy that has my name and email address on it?
"Week long training session".....I can't begin to imagine. I'm guessing it will be basically Social-Media Trolling 101 or something similarly anti-civilization.

As for how they got your name: perhaps a mischievous relative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Not true. I have a handful for posterity, like my Official World's Greatest Troll and of course my cherished Trump caganer.
Y'all should really check out that caganer, eh.
I'd never even heard of "caganers."

I'm debating whether or not my life is richer for this new knowledge.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:50 PM

Debating, as well.
Holy crap - here, applying "cute" and "revolting" could work, but never again the twain shall meet.

Last edited by Guest-starring: Id!; 06-15-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I got some calls and I figure that it was because, only for the second time in my life, I voted in the Republican primary in 2016. (Couldn't wait till November to vote against trump.)
Old 06-16-2019, 06:35 AM

Nvm. Wrong thread.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.

Last edited by DrFidelius; 06-16-2019 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:32 AM
SDSAB

Why Trump's immigration plans are bad for America's elderly and disabled: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/16/polit...nts/index.html
Old 06-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Volunteer for a training session? I'm astonished there isn't a fee for taking it.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Volunteer for a training session? I'm astonished there isn't a fee for taking it.
Oh I'm sure there will be. They just don't tell you about it up front. By the time you're finished your week long "training session", your bank account will be drained.

The Republican Party is the Party of con-artists, scammers and grifters now.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:37 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
And if it lasts a week, you'll have to take off work. Or are they relying on 80-year-old codgers?
Old 06-16-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I'd never even heard of "caganers."

I'm debating whether or not my life is richer for this new knowledge.
I've heard of the dog in the manger, but...
Old 06-17-2019, 07:26 AM

Trump has to flaunt his presidential power by berating an aid for coughing during an interview.

This reminds me of when he told RNC chairman Reince Preibus to swat a flying bug during a meeting. He just has to bolster his fragile ego by embarrassing the people who profess loyalty to him. Has anybody ever benefited from associating with this loon?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:46 AM

From the ABC Trump interview transcript:

Quote:
TRUMP: ...And when I'm treated badly by the press-- and nobody's ever been treated badly like me. When I'm treated so badly--

STEPHANOPOULOS: You know that every president says that.

TRUMP: I-- I disagree. Look, it's been acknowledged. Although they do say Abraham Lincoln was treated really badly. I must say that's the one. If you can believe it, Abraham Lincoln was treated supposedly very badly. But nobody's been treated badly like me. And this way I can fight the dishonest media, the corrupt media, the fake news.
Poor Trump. Always the victim. Yep, he has been treated more badly than Lincoln:

“Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?”
Old 06-17-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
But the Wikipedia hit on the search-results page has the same....except "shoot dead babies" where "break clay targets" appears on the Wikipedia page.

What the eff?

Here's the search page---first hit is the 's.d.b.' one:
https://www.google.com/search?as_q=&...pe=&as_rights=
Someone vandalized the Wikipedia page. It has since been reverted to the original text. Here's the vandal's edit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ldid=899109635
Old 06-17-2019, 12:01 PM
Charter Member

And Google's spiders take a while to catch up.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:03 PM

I hope scores of people show up at every one of Trump's appearances from now on and start coughing like chainsmokers with TB.

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 06-17-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Donald John Trump, so mean he once shot a man just for coughing.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Trump has to flaunt his presidential power by berating an aid for coughing during an interview.

This reminds me of when he told RNC chairman Reince Preibus to swat a flying bug during a meeting. He just has to bolster his fragile ego by embarrassing the people who profess loyalty to him. Has anybody ever benefited from associating with this loon?
Vladimir Putin?
Old 06-17-2019, 01:42 PM
Charter Member

Got it in one.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Gusterson View Post
Someone vandalized the Wikipedia page. It has since been reverted to the original text. Here's the vandal's edit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ldid=899109635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
And Google's spiders take a while to catch up.
Ah, I see---of course I know that people vandalize Wikipedia pages, but for some reason I assumed Google would be giving contemporaneous information. Not so, apparently! (Thanks to you both.)
Old 06-17-2019, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
I hope scores of people show up at every one of Trump's appearances from now on and start coughing like chainsmokers with TB.
You know what would really get his goat? Audio of John McCain coughing.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
And if it lasts a week, you'll have to take off work. Or are they relying on 80-year-old codgers?
They may very well be, but I'd guess it is 4-5 two hour training sessions in the evening.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:31 AM

Trump is visiting Orlando today for a... campaign?... rally. So all of downtown is closed off, and my law school class has had to postpone our long-scheduled drinking reunion. Fucker.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:49 AM

Trump is protecting us from drunk lawyers. MAGA!
Old 06-18-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Why Trump's immigration plans are bad for America's elderly and disabled: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/16/polit...nts/index.html
"Cada vez que una española vuelve al trabajo, una dominicana encuentra empleo" - every time a Spanish woman returns to work (after maternity leave or a similar situation), a Dominican woman finds a job.

The nationalities change, but the saying holds true throughout all countries that have net immigration. Domestic jobs, whether for individual families or institutions such as schools and hospitals, rely heavily on immigrant labor.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post

And to top it off, he wanted to do a clean take of his word-salad of an answer. It is clear he does not understand that he is not on his TV show.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:03 PM

Trump goes after ECB as euro drops against the dollar
Bold in original.
Quote:
The big picture: Trump has been waging a war with his own central bank, blurring the lines of the Federal Reserve’s political independence by calling on it to cut interest rates. Now, Trump is picking a fight with the ECB, one of the major central banks that has hinted at easing monetary policy as the global economy slows. The Fed is one of the few that has yet to make that pivot, though speculation abounds that it may indicate this week that a rate cut is coming.
What Trump's saying: "Mario Draghi just announced more stimulus could come, which immediately dropped the Euro against the Dollar, making it unfairly easier for them to compete against the USA. They have been getting away with this for years, along with China and others. ... European Markets rose on comments (unfair to U.S.) made today by Mario D!"
Sigh.

Just pick a fight with everyone, why don't you?
Old 06-18-2019, 01:55 PM

Shrug, he's just doing his usual of expecting everybody to put TrumpAmerica first. The idea that other countries' (or, in this case, plurinational entities) also put their own interests first isn't for him a pretty self-evident truth, it's incomprehensible.
Old 06-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmoocher View Post
From the ABC Trump interview transcript:

Quote:
TRUMP: ...And when I'm treated badly by the press-- and nobody's ever been treated badly like me. When I'm treated so badly--

TRUMP: I-- I disagree. Look, it's been acknowledged. Although they do say Abraham Lincoln was treated really badly. I must say that's the one. If you can believe it, Abraham Lincoln was treated supposedly very badly. But nobody's been treated badly like TRUMP: ...And when I'm treated badly by the press-- and nobody's ever been treated badly like me. When I'm treated so badly--

TRUMP: I-- I disagree. Look, it's been acknowledged. Although they do say Abraham Lincoln was treated really badly. I must say that's the one. If you can believe it, Abraham Lincoln was treated supposedly very badly. But nobody's been treated badly like me. And this way I can fight the dishonest media, the corrupt media, the fake news.
. And this way I can fight the dishonest media, the corrupt media, the fake news.
Poor Trump. Always the victim. Yep, he has been treated more badly than Lincoln:

“Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?”
You know, since plays and musicals have Pulitzer Prize categories, the argument could be advanced that actors count as part of the media. Under those conditions I wouldn’t be terribly displeased for his claim to be proven true...
Old 06-18-2019, 03:40 PM
SDSAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
You know what would really get his goat? Audio of John McCain coughing.
While saying nice things about Hillary Clinton.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:16 PM
SDSAB

Trump stands by his 1989 call for execution of since-exonerated black NYC teens: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...case/23752317/

And again with the "both sides" idiocy!
Old 06-19-2019, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
Shrug, he's just doing his usual of expecting everybody to put TrumpAmerica first. The idea that other countries' (or, in this case, plurinational entities) also put their own interests first isn't for him a pretty self-evident truth, it's incomprehensible.
Just the other day he was complaining about how Democrats in Congress dare to have their own ideas about how the country is to be run instead of following in line behind him. Art of the Deal my ass; Donny Two-scoops' idea of negotiation is, "Do what I want or I flip over the table."
Old 06-19-2019, 09:45 AM

My wife watched Trump's campaign kickoff last night. She hates him as much as I do, but felt obligated because he was in our town. I could hear bits and pieces of it from the other room. I've never wanted to punch my TV so much.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
My wife watched Trump's campaign kickoff last night. She hates him as much as I do, but felt obligated because he was in our town. I could hear bits and pieces of it from the other room. I've never wanted to punch my TV so much.
According to CNN, Trump lied over 15 times in his 76-minute speech last night. That's about 1 every 5 minutes.

Normally he emits falsehoods at a faster rate. He's slipping.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
Yeah, I wanted to watch the Stephanopoulos interview but I just couldn't stomach the sight and sounds of it.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshore View Post
From the citation: "Arthur B. Laffer, the ‘Father of Supply-Side Economics,’ is one of the most influential economists in American history."

Well, who can argue with that? The influence of his ideas is responsible for the looting of the federal treasury to the tune of several trillion dollars. That's trillion with a T...Yup, if that's not influential, I don't know what is.

Laffer is to economics what T.D. Lysenko was to genetics.
- Stolen from a poster on another board.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elendil's heir View Post
trump stands by his 1989 call for execution of since-exonerated black nyc teens: https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...case/23752317/
stoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingab outmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumb ersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkin gaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypolln umbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptal kingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypo llnumbers...
Old 06-19-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
stoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingab outmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumb ersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkin gaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypolln umbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptal kingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypollnumbersstoptalkingaboutmypo llnumbers...
<Hands Sherred .25 mg of xanax and a cup of weak herb tea>

Come and sit down over here. <Pats the sofa beside her> I have a Roku channel that shows underwater life-- fish, anemones, coral, stuff like that. Let me put it on. It has some nice music, too.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
<Hands Sherred .25 mg of xanax and a cup of weak herb tea>

Come and sit down over here. <Pats the sofa beside her> I have a Roku channel that shows underwater life-- fish, anemones, coral, stuff like that. Let me put it on. It has some nice music, too.
I do appreciate that! But my post was intended to represent Trump's mind. (In other words, the new outrage, in this case calling for the death penalty for people cleared by DNA evidence, is intended to distract us all from Trump's poll numbers.)

Such a horrible place to visit, Trump's mind.....I guess I'll take that cup of herb tea after all.^_^

Last edited by Sherrerd; 06-19-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: comma
Old 06-19-2019, 07:22 PM

I would need something a hell of a lot stronger. Strychnine perhaps.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2019, 07:50 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
I do appreciate that! But my post was intended to represent Trump's mind. (In other words, the new outrage, in this case calling for the death penalty for people cleared by DNA evidence, is intended to distract us all from Trump's poll numbers.)

Such a horrible place to visit, Trump's mind.....I guess I'll take that cup of herb tea after all.^_^
[Judge Stone] "That's not herb tea, that's Herb!"[/Judge Stone]
Old 06-19-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:

Oh sorry. I thought your head was exploding. Ogod, getting inside his head. I remember the first time I ever made a jack o'lantern. The inside of that pumpkin was one of the scariest things I'd ever seen. I was afraid to stick my hand in there, even with a knife. A mostly hollow space but with those slimy strands hanging down and all those seeds. Actually, that's probably exactly what the inside of the Orange One's head is like. Ewwwww.

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 06-19-2019 at 08:07 PM.