Old 09-21-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthisar View Post
I know, I know. I hope I'm dead before your breed start taking all of our private property. You're already kind of doing it, but at some point, revolutions happen and we evil property owners will get what's coming to us.
Hope you're getting all your overreacting out of the way here, and not doing it in real life.

Our city just started regulating AirB&Bs and VRBOs, and kind of saved the quality of life here just in time. What they did was require that if you're going to pimp out your house, it has to BE your house. No absentee landlords, no buying a property not to fix it up but just to VRBO it out...

Case in point: our neighbors got caught in the bureaucracy, but still made out like bandits.

Right before the annual Crossfit Games, they AirB&B'ed their whole house for a two week chunk of time. One group of twelve people for a fortnight. Now, the city's new regs meant they had to clean up, get inspected, fix any problems (they basically had to childproof the house, change anything that might injure a guest), then get re-inspected. And had a fee to cover all that.

But even with that, and the cost of a nice hotel (with a pool!) for two weeks, they made enough for a trip to Italy!
Old 09-21-2019, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthisar View Post
I know, I know. I hope I'm dead before your breed start taking all of our private property. You're already kind of doing it, but at some point, revolutions happen and we evil property owners will get what's coming to us.
I just hope you keep talking like this, because it makes my job easier .