Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 02-07-2019, 02:45 AM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
Why don't you just eat the mother after she dies in agony? An adult woman has more meat, and it gives you more of a chance to gloat over the suffering and death of your victim.
I would never wish that death on anyone and certainly would have been in favor for granting the abortion. You assume my stance on abortion is hard line pro life and you are incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Aaarrrggghhh. This is getting sickening. OP, go somewhere else, please.
Sure. Iíll go back into the shadows and enjoy your conversations as a passive observer as I have done for years. Well, mostly I skip over your posts, Beck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
Sure, OP, knock yourself out.
I think this is the right answer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
The only thing that would make this poster a more obvious troll would be - nope, can't think of anything.
It was less intentional than it came off. I am sorry for all the fuss Iíve caused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Instead of wasting expensive pharmaceuticals to kill murderers, why not just roast the criminal on a spit? Let the victims' relatives or other concerned citizens feast on the remains. It could be a profit-making venture for the state; don't you think some people would pay $1000+ for Murderer Steak? For Rapist Stew? I think the state is remiss in its fiduciary duty to taxpayers not to seize this opportunity.

Some parts of the corpse would be too precious to eat. Any Ebay'ers here? What's the going rate for Murderer's Testicles, in fair condition?

For that matter, why limit feasts to criminals? Having trouble coming up with the funds to bury or cremate Grandma? She'd appreciate knowing her decease was a financial boon rather than burden.
Selling someone for meat crosses a line for me.

Theoretically Iíd not be opposed to giving people the chance to dine on the executed so long as the cost to do so was substantial ($1,0000 is way too little) and the money went to the victims Family.


And yes, fetuses are human! But killing a human and killing a fetus donít have similar emotional connotations.

I await you second round of scorn.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy
  #102  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:19 AM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
Baka, as a person who holds a pro-life stance, can I sincerely ask you to fuck off and go back under whatever idiotic rock you crawled out from under? You're not only making yourself look like a complete and utter idiot, but you're also making anyone holding a pro-life view look dumber. So please stop.
Does having a pro life stance mean I need to force my values onto other people? If so then I am not representing your pro life movement.

I do sincerely appreciate the position you’ve awarded to me represent “anyone holding a pro-life view”.

I was unaware I was speaking for anyone other than myself and never claimed to be.

Thanks too for your profanity and hate
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy

Last edited by Baka; 02-07-2019 at 05:21 AM.
  #103  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:28 AM
RitterSport's Avatar
RitterSport RitterSport is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
...
I await you second round of scorn.
OK.

The people who you're mocking here, the people who abort fetuses big enough for a meal (that is, 20 weeks plus) likely just went through a heart-rending decision because the woman was diagnosed with cancer, the father died and she can no longer support herself, or the fetus was found to have severe abnormalities and wouldn't survive anyway. So, congratulations on mocking people in those situations, you disgusting excuse for a human being.

Is it your idiotic view that pro-choice people don't consider fetuses to be human flesh? I mean, that's what's implied in your disgusting and idiotic thread. So, if you want to be a cannibal, don't let me stop you, shit-for-brains. If you're going to hang around funeral homes to try and grab a bite, I would stick to Jewish and Islamic ones, since they don't use embalming fluid. Although, I can't imagine that fluid having a negative effect on your intelligence.

Everyone else -- we should be thankful. This is a troll thread where it makes sense to post recipes.

Baka, welcome to the Straight Dope. I hope your time here is short.
  #104  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:40 AM
Budget Player Cadet's Avatar
Budget Player Cadet Budget Player Cadet is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
Everyone else -- we should be thankful. This is a troll thread where it makes sense to post recipes.
The Baka Sandwich

1 fresh turd
2 slices of moldy bread

Take a nice fresh shit.

Place this shit between two slices of moldy bread.

Feed to any given shitty troll.
  #105  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:42 AM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitterSport View Post
OK.

The people who you're mocking here, the people who abort fetuses big enough for a meal (that is, 20 weeks plus) likely just went through a heart-rending decision because the woman was diagnosed with cancer, the father died and she can no longer support herself, or the fetus was found to have severe abnormalities and wouldn't survive anyway. So, congratulations on mocking people in those situations, you disgusting excuse for a human being.

Is it your idiotic view that pro-choice people don't consider fetuses to be human flesh? I mean, that's what's implied in your disgusting and idiotic thread. So, if you want to be a cannibal, don't let me stop you, shit-for-brains. If you're going to hang around funeral homes to try and grab a bite, I would stick to Jewish and Islamic ones, since they don't use embalming fluid. Although, I can't imagine that fluid having a negative effect on your intelligence.

Everyone else -- we should be thankful. This is a troll thread where it makes sense to post recipes.

Baka, welcome to the Straight Dope. I hope your time here is short.
Those are great points.

I never meant to mock people in desperate situations. I meant to challenge some pro choice folks who think a fetus isnít a baby/human.

For those folks Iíd expect my proposition to eat the aborted fetus to not be morally reprehensible action. Thatís all really.

I believe a fetus is a baby and a human and I believe a baby has value. I also believe that people should have autonomy in their choices so I would not push my choice for life onto someone else who chooses an abortion

Iím sorry for the anger and hurt Iíve caused. It truly wasnít a well thought out post. Iím appreciative of this points you made Ritter. Thanks for the education.

Iíll do everyone a favor and go back to being a passive observer.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy
  #106  
Old 02-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Hamlet Hamlet is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Where the Wild Things Are
Posts: 14,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
Thanks too for your profanity and hate
No need to thank me. You worked hard and earned every bit of it.
  #107  
Old 02-07-2019, 08:13 AM
RitterSport's Avatar
RitterSport RitterSport is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
Those are great points.

I never meant to mock people in desperate situations. I meant to challenge some pro choice folks who think a fetus isnít a baby/human.

For those folks Iíd expect my proposition to eat the aborted fetus to not be morally reprehensible action. Thatís all really.

I believe a fetus is a baby and a human and I believe a baby has value. I also believe that people should have autonomy in their choices so I would not push my choice for life onto someone else who chooses an abortion

Iím sorry for the anger and hurt Iíve caused. It truly wasnít a well thought out post. Iím appreciative of this points you made Ritter. Thanks for the education.

Iíll do everyone a favor and go back to being a passive observer.
Look, you're starting to sound like a reasonable person so why don't you ask a mod to close this thread. Just report your own post and ask to close it. Then, if you really want a discussion or a debate on abortion (any kind or late term or whatever), open up a new, more reasonable and well thought out thread in GD, MPSIMS, or IMHO, depending on the kind of discussion you're looking for. Maybe you'll learn something about the reality of late-term abortions and do your sig line some service.
  #108  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:06 AM
kopek kopek is offline
born to be shunned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southwestern PA
Posts: 14,105
Because of its enormous popularity, Soylent Green is in short supply.

Remember, Tuesday is Soylent Green Day.
  #109  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:24 AM
steronz steronz is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oh-hiya-Maude
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
I believe a fetus is a baby and a human and I believe a baby has value.
And yet many (if not most) conservatives are willing to make allowances for rape, incest, and life of the mother, including the current president.

Quote:
"The Republican platform every four years has a provision that states that the right of the unborn child should not be infringed," Guthrie said. "And it makes no exceptions for rape, for incest, for the life of the mother. Would you want to change the Republican platform to include the (abortion) exceptions that you have?"

"Yes, I would. Yes, I would. Absolutely," Trump said. "For the three exceptions, I would."
I'd wager that even conservatives who don't want to make allowances for those exceptions at least struggle with that position from a moral standpoint, as making someone carry the child of her rapist is a tough pill to swallow.

Based on that, it seems to me that most people in this country are OK with ending a human fetal life in at least some circumstances. The rest is left up to details of when and why. If you're willing to paint liberals as unfeeling murderous monsters for having a pro-choice stance, then it only seems consistent to apply that same view to conservatives who are willing to "murder" fetal humans in the case of rape, incest, or to protect the life of the mother. Including Trump.
  #110  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:31 AM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm Czarcasm is online now
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 59,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
And yet many (if not most) conservatives are willing to make allowances for rape, incest, and life of the mother, including the current president.



I'd wager that even conservatives who don't want to make allowances for those exceptions at least struggle with that position from a moral standpoint, as making someone carry the child of her rapist is a tough pill to swallow.

Based on that, it seems to me that most people in this country are OK with ending a human fetal life in at least some circumstances. The rest is left up to details of when and why. If you're willing to paint liberals as unfeeling murderous monsters for having a pro-choice stance, then it only seems consistent to apply that same view to conservatives who are willing to "murder" fetal humans in the case of rape, incest, or to protect the life of the mother. Including Trump.
one time Trump told someone something he thought they wanted to hear? Big fucking deal
What did he say the next day?
  #111  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:33 AM
Jackmannii Jackmannii is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: the extreme center
Posts: 30,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
Well, I didn't say they *have* to. Usually you sign a waiver that says anything they take off you belongs to the pathology dept. You can ask for it back, but no guarantee that you'll get it.
I can't think of any instances where the pathology departments I've worked in have refused requests for patient specimens (such requests are received once in a while for gallstones and such which are apparently de rigueur for display in a glass jar on one's mantelpiece).

It gets more complicated if you want an entire organ, as it will have been pickled in formalin, and while you can rinse them to eliminate the worst fumes, formalin is still regarded as a (relatively) low level carcinogen, so you'd probably have to sign a form indicating you are aware of the risk. Once we had a woman request (and receive) her uterus that she wanted to bury in her back yard.

Oh, and fetuses (and miscarriage-type specimens) are sometimes requested and returned for burial for once they've received pathologic examination.

As for Placenta Helper, you'd probably have to order it on eBay or Amazon.
  #112  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:35 AM
steronz steronz is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oh-hiya-Maude
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
one time Trump told someone something he thought they wanted to hear? Big fucking deal
What did he say the next day?
Probably that he'd put women in jail for having abortions. I don't remember the timeline of his idiotic comments.

Point being, it's not out the mainstream for Republicans to be unfeeling murderous baby killers even by Republican standards.
  #113  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Dewey Finn Dewey Finn is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
I never meant to mock people in desperate situations. I meant to challenge some pro choice folks who think a fetus isnít a baby/human.

For those folks Iíd expect my proposition to eat the aborted fetus to not be morally reprehensible action. Thatís all really.

I believe a fetus is a baby and a human and I believe a baby has value. I also believe that people should have autonomy in their choices so I would not push my choice for life onto someone else who chooses an abortion
Had you simply opened a thread saying that you "believe a fetus is a baby and a human and a baby has value", you could have had a reasonable debate with people. Instead, you chose to poison the well with this idiotic proposition.
  #114  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:52 PM
HMS Irruncible HMS Irruncible is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
I never meant to mock people in desperate situations. I meant to challenge some pro choice folks who think a fetus isnít a baby/human.

For those folks Iíd expect my proposition to eat the aborted fetus to not be morally reprehensible action. Thatís all really.
It didn't occur to you that people might oppose eating human fetuses for the same reason they oppose eating, say, a human brain?

If I were you, I'd sue summer school to recover whatever tuition you wasted on Philosophy 009, because clearly you didn't get your money's worth.
  #115  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:56 PM
steronz steronz is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oh-hiya-Maude
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
It didn't occur to you that people might oppose eating human fetuses for the same reason they oppose eating, say, a human brain?

If I were you, I'd sue summer school to recover whatever tuition you wasted on Philosophy 009, because clearly you didn't get your money's worth.
Well he admitted to eating puppies so maybe there's a cultural barrier here.
  #116  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
It didn't occur to you that people might oppose eating human fetuses for the same reason they oppose eating, say, a human brain?

If I were you, I'd sue summer school to recover whatever tuition you wasted on Philosophy 009, because clearly you didn't get your money's worth.
We don’t eat human meat because it was a person and we tend to respect peoples lives and thus find it Unsanctimonious to eat them. Obviously it has nothing to do with the actual meat. Only what the meat was: a person.

Similarly many are opposed to eating dolphin: they are playful, intelligent etc. and we can almost personify (and eating people isn’t nice) them whereas it’s harder to do that with a chicken or the like. (Yes, I’ve had dolphin. You aren’t missing anything).

Some people totally dehumanize (DNA aside please) a fetus. When your question is posed to these folks I would expect them to say “there is nothing morally reprehensible in eating a fetus but there is with eating a human brain”. Because a fetus isn’t a person.

If there is an objection to eating a fetus It might challenge their way of viewing a fetus as something entirely devoid of personhood/humanity.

I wholly agree with your logic. I’m wondering if my asinine proposition to eat fetuses will shine a light on the holes in some other peoples logic.


**I took Ritter Sports advice and asked the mods to close this thread. Not sure why they didn’t.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy

Last edited by Baka; 02-08-2019 at 09:23 PM.
  #117  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Buck Godot's Avatar
Buck Godot Buck Godot is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: MD outside DC
Posts: 5,404
But I also wouldn't want to eat a tumor that someone carved out of someone's uterus. Not because I believe that there is some inherent person-hood in that tumor, or even that I necessarily believe it would be immoral but because I would find it gross. No if I grew up among certain tribes in New Guinea I might feel differently.

Last edited by Buck Godot; 02-08-2019 at 09:37 PM.
  #118  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Dewey Finn Dewey Finn is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
Iím wondering if my asinine proposition to eat fetuses will shine a light on the holes in some other peoples logic.
Nope. Your idiotic proposition does absolutely nothing to shine a light on anyone's logic, including your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
I also believe that people should have autonomy in their choices so I would not push my choice for life onto someone else who chooses an abortion
And this statement indicates that you agree with pro-choice people, that the decision should be up to the women carrying the fetuses.
  #119  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
Had you simply opened a thread saying that you "believe a fetus is a baby and a human and a baby has value", you could have had a reasonable debate with people. Instead, you chose to poison the well with this idiotic proposition.
It was meant to be shocking and visceral.

To produce a gut reaction first before logic could set in.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy
  #120  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Finn View Post
Nope. Your idiotic proposition does absolutely nothing to shine a light on anyone's logic, including your own.

And this statement indicates that you agree with pro-choice people, that the decision should be up to the women carrying the fetuses.
I see abortion as a sad choice to have to make. I don’t think it’s ever a win/win. It’s not something I M in favor of but I’m also not in favor of dictating other peoples ethics/morality.

Thus I am against legislation forbidding abortion.

I do believe in the sanctity of human life and that includes the unborn. I’m am against abortion but I leave the decision to The individual, not the law.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy

Last edited by Baka; 02-08-2019 at 09:47 PM.
  #121  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:15 PM
digs's Avatar
digs digs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: West of Wauwatosa
Posts: 9,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
I see abortion as a sad choice to have to make...
But this thread is treating it like a joke. A "Gotcha!" where you seem to think anyone pro-choice would be happy eating a fetus. Do you know anyone who feels that way? Ask around, in your family get-together, in the local bar... Bring up the question at dinner with friends.

But you didn't do that, did you? (My guess is you'd alienate those friends)...You did it anonymously on an internet messageboard. A board where other discussions are started in good faith. NOT as "Gotchas".


Of COURSE an abortion is "a sad choice to have to make". ANY sane person would feel that way. Pro-Life and Pro-Choice alike. Do you really picture people fighting for women's rights rejoicing when someone aborts a fetus?

Honestly?
  #122  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Beckdawrek's Avatar
Beckdawrek Beckdawrek is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 12,891
I find this thread very distasteful. Feel free to skip over my post, OP., all you want. See ya.
  #123  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:32 PM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
But this thread is treating it like a joke. A "Gotcha!" where you seem to think anyone pro-choice would be happy eating a fetus. Do you know anyone who feels that way? Ask around, in your family get-together, in the local bar... Bring up the question at dinner with friends.

But you didn't do that, did you? (My guess is you'd alienate those friends)...You did it anonymously on an internet messageboard. A board where other discussions are started in good faith. NOT as "Gotchas".


Of COURSE an abortion is "a sad choice to have to make". ANY sane person would feel that way. Pro-Life and Pro-Choice alike. Do you really picture people fighting for women's rights rejoicing when someone aborts a fetus?

Honestly?

I have special types of friends: they tolerate people like me. I’ve asked a couple of my friends who give to PP and have had this discussion with my wife.

I don’t think anyone would be happy to eat a fetus. That was never the question. The question was “do you find it morally reprehensible for me (the idiot OP) to eat an aborted fetus.”

As for your last point: I think the tragedy of abortion is lost in the whirlwind of achieving women’s right much of the time.

Both sides (life/choice) are so black and white that they paint the best picture to win their argument. Thus both sides negelect the human experience at times to win votes.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy

Last edited by Baka; 02-08-2019 at 10:33 PM.
  #124  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:41 PM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I find this thread very DISTASTEFUL. Feel free to skip over my post, OP., all you want. See ya.
CAPS mine.

Was that a pun?
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy

Last edited by Baka; 02-08-2019 at 10:43 PM.
  #125  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:56 PM
wolfpup's Avatar
wolfpup wolfpup is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 9,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
I see abortion as a sad choice to have to make. I donít think itís ever a win/win. Itís not something I M in favor of but Iím also not in favor of dictating other peoples ethics/morality.

Thus I am against legislation forbidding abortion.

I do believe in the sanctity of human life and that includes the unborn. Iím am against abortion but I leave the decision to The individual, not the law.
I have some news for you. Any sane person would consider an abortion a sad event, whether it's from medical necessity or any other reason. And any reasonable person will understand that the woman's unique circumstances and needs and the judgments of medical professionals and the guidelines of medical ethics in marginal situations will do more to ensure the best (or least harmful) outcomes for all than any draconian laws, well-intentioned or not -- and most of them are not. Most such laws are due to meddlesome mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging religious nutters.

IOW, your idiotic OP did absolutely nothing to illuminate the issue, and your latest platitudes add exactly zero value. Like your statement "I'm against abortion". WTF does that even mean? You know what? I, personally, am against sad and depressing things. So there you go. A philosophy of life! In fact I think it should be seriously illegal (perhaps punishable by death) for anyone to do anything sad or depressing for any reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
As for your last point: I think the tragedy of abortion is lost in the whirlwind of achieving womenís right much of the time.

Both sides (life/choice) are so black and white that they paint the best picture to win their argument. Thus both sides negelect the human experience at times to win votes.
You are sadly misinformed on the issue. I have never seen pro-choice advanced as a celebration of abortion by any sane person, though it's often misrepresented that way by its lunatic opponents as an idiotic rhetorical device. Kind of like your OP.
  #126  
Old 02-08-2019, 11:12 PM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Personally I’d choose life over abortion unless it was going to cost me losing my wife. Then I’d chose to have the abortion. Thus, in general, I’m not pro abortion. That’s what that means.

I am not anti choice.

I never said anyone celebrated abortions nor even hinted at it.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy
  #127  
Old 02-08-2019, 11:27 PM
asterion asterion is online now
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 11,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Irruncible View Post
It didn't occur to you that people might oppose eating human fetuses for the same reason they oppose eating, say, a human brain?
Possibility of prion diseases?
  #128  
Old 02-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Der Trihs's Avatar
Der Trihs Der Trihs is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
And yet many (if not most) conservatives are willing to make allowances for rape, incest, and life of the mother, including the current president.
Until they get their views into law, then they eliminate those exceptions. The only goal of the anti abortion movement is to persecute, torture and kill women.

And Trump is a habitual liar.
  #129  
Old 02-09-2019, 07:29 AM
elbows elbows is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 14,022
This OP had one purpose, regardless what the author claims about shock or illumination of some point or other. That purpose was to demonstrate their own cleverness. A transparent ruse to be able to announce their own highly evolved and nuanced stand.

Instead they demonstrated how lame and self absorbed they are.

Why come to a community of sound discussions to show off your lack of ability? Way to demonstrate how out of your league you actually are.
  #130  
Old 02-09-2019, 07:44 AM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
This OP had one purpose, regardless what the author claims about shock or illumination of some point or other. That purpose was to demonstrate their own cleverness. A transparent ruse to be able to announce their own highly evolved and nuanced stand.

Instead they demonstrated how lame and self absorbed they are.

Why come to a community of sound discussions to show off your lack of ability? Way to demonstrate how out of your league you actually are.
I know full well Iím intellectually outgunned here. I think this is one of the smartest collectives of people Iíve ever experienced.

I disagree that my stance is highly evolved but I do think itís nuanced and I thought it might have some value.

You all have spoken and the consensus is that it has no value. I accept that.

Not sure how any of this makes me self absorbed.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy
  #131  
Old 02-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Baka Baka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Japan
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
This OP had one purpose, regardless what the author claims about shock or illumination of some point or other. That purpose was to demonstrate their own cleverness. A transparent ruse to be able to announce their own highly evolved and nuanced stand.

Instead they demonstrated how lame and self absorbed they are.

Why come to a community of sound discussions to show off your lack of ability? Way to demonstrate how out of your league you actually are.
Thank you for being one of the few people who actually answered the question. I just now realized that.
__________________
To love Justice and give Mercy
  #132  
Old 02-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Dewey Finn Dewey Finn is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,224
What "question" did elbows answer?
  #133  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Gatopescado's Avatar
Gatopescado Gatopescado is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: on your last raw nerve
Posts: 21,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I find this thread very distasteful.
Just needs a little salt. Maybe some Rosemary.
  #134  
Old 02-09-2019, 11:41 AM
k9bfriender k9bfriender is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post
Possibility of prion diseases?
Well, and that would be the benefit of eating the unborn or very young, much less time for prions to develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
Until they get their views into law, then they eliminate those exceptions. The only goal of the anti abortion movement is to persecute, torture and kill women.
You forgot denigrate, humiliate, assault, and rape.
Quote:
And Trump is a habitual liar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka View Post
I know full well Iím intellectually outgunned here. I think this is one of the smartest collectives of people Iíve ever experienced.

I disagree that my stance is highly evolved but I do think itís nuanced and I thought it might have some value.

You all have spoken and the consensus is that it has no value. I accept that.

Not sure how any of this makes me self absorbed.
So, it's like you tried to prove that someone's not a vegetarian because they don't want to eat durian.

Or, you could be thinking that everyone would fold like origami.

Course, if you really wanted to prove your point, we'd need full contact with a good kiln oven.

'K, anyone know a good bricker?
  #135  
Old 02-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Derleth Derleth is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Missoula, Montana, USA
Posts: 20,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
'K, anyone know a good bricker?
Bricker would be on the OP's side.
  #136  
Old 02-09-2019, 06:32 PM
k9bfriender k9bfriender is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derleth View Post
Bricker would be on the OP's side.
or on his foot.
  #137  
Old 02-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Gatopescado's Avatar
Gatopescado Gatopescado is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: on your last raw nerve
Posts: 21,232
Darn it!
  #138  
Old 02-09-2019, 06:51 PM
puzzlegal's Avatar
puzzlegal puzzlegal is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,711
Huh, I'm surprised this thread is open.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017