Old 01-26-2019, 03:53 PM

To be ignorant is one thing, but to spread it with passion and purpose is quite another. If anti-vaxxers want to just quietly not get their children vaccinated, I still have a problem with it, but the least they could do is shut up and keep their ignorance to themselves.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
The last time I heard the distinctive Whooping Cough cough was at a McDonald's playland.
Fortunately, pertussis is not very contagious at all, and there is virtually no chance that any other children coming into contact with the surfaces that the kid you heard was spewing on will come into contact with the disease.

ETA:

Hmmm, that really needs a /s.

Last edited by k9bfriender; 01-26-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
To be ignorant is one thing, but to spread it with passion and purpose is quite another. If anti-vaxxers want to just quietly not get their children vaccinated, I still have a problem with it, but the least they could do is shut up and keep their ignorance to themselves.
Now see, I feel the exact opposite. I'd rather know who isn't vaccinated, so I can avoid them.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:52 PM

Here in Washington state, where the number of measles cases has risen to 32, the governor has declared a state of emergency. I know the anti-vaxxers will shrug this off, but shit's gettin' real here in Washington.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
Now see, I feel the exact opposite. I'd rather know who isn't vaccinated, so I can avoid them.
Well...you have a point.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Fortunately, pertussis is not very contagious at all
Have to disagree here - pertussis (whooping cough) is highly contagious via the respiratory route (inhaling micro-droplets from those coughing near you: untreated victims are capable of spreading the disease for about a three-week period).

https://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/about/...nsmission.html

Spread via contaminated surfaces (i.e. touching something a person infected with pertussis coughed on and then putting your fingers to your nose) should be less of a hazard but still a potential route of spread.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
Have to disagree here - pertussis (whooping cough) is highly contagious...
The dry sarcasm was a bit too dry:

Quote:
...Hmmm, that really needs a /s.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:44 PM

Sorry, missed that one.

To make up for it, here's an entertaining bill being pushed by an Arizona state senator to mandate telling parents about all the nasty things in vaccines, like formaldehyde, aborted fetal tissue, dioxin, used auto parts etc. etc.

“Boyer said he’s not necessarily opposed to vaccinations for children and sidestepped questions of whether he personally believes vaccines are harmful.”

“But he said there has been an explosion in the number of vaccines that are scheduled to be given to children, going from five in the 1960s to more than 70 now.”

https://tucson.com/news/local/arizon...e6d15bd67.html

It's a favorite antivaxer tactic to exaggerate the number of vaccines kids get by counting the total number of doses of vaccines between birth and age 18 and pretending they're separate vaccines. It's as if you were prescribed an antibiotic pill to be taken twice daily for two weeks and someone told you "Omigod! That doctor is giving you 28 antibiotics!!!!!"
Old 01-29-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Have to disagree here - pertussis (whooping cough) is highly contagious via the respiratory route (inhaling micro-droplets from those coughing near you: untreated victims are capable of spreading the disease for about a three-week period).

https://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/about/...nsmission.html

Spread via contaminated surfaces (i.e. touching something a person infected with pertussis coughed on and then putting your fingers to your nose) should be less of a hazard but still a potential route of spread.
Yeah, even with my edit, that post still called up Poe's Law for a delightful chat.

When my friend had his first baby, I went and visited. I let out a bit of a cough, because I was a smoker, and suddenly was subject to the third degree about my health and when my last Tdap shot was.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:53 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

What do you know? Over in The flu sucks thread, kanicbird is touting anti-vax, specifically anti-influenza vaccine nonsense.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
What do you know? Over in The flu sucks thread, kanicbird is touting anti-vax, specifically anti-influenza vaccine nonsense.
That was for a particular vaccine that the CDC also went antivax on:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/healt...ine/index.html

Also ACIP :

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...-laiv-flu.html

And only for someone who got severe symptoms, 2 years in a row with this vaccine.

Last edited by kanicbird; 01-29-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Much as I would love to say nasty things about him, he is not touting antivax in that thread. He is saying that his kid has a bad reaction to flu shots, from past experience. That does happen, and is the reason why it is important for those of us who do not have bad reactions to vaccines to get them.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanicbird View Post
That was for a particular vaccine that the CDC also went antivax on:
Bullshit. Did you even read your own cites? The CDC recommended against it because it was less effective, not because it was actively dangerous. That first article even mentions the CDC would be willing to recommend it again once its success rates improve.

If the only options were "no vax" and "flu mist", are you honestly suggesting the CDC would tell people not to vaccinate? Fuck no. They still recommend getting the regular shot, which is, if my English is still correct, the exact opposite of anti-vax, you fucking loon.

Last edited by Great Antibob; 01-29-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Antibob View Post
Bullshit. Did you even read your own cites? The CDC recommended against it because it was less effective, not because it was actively dangerous. That first article even mentions the CDC would be willing to recommend it again once its success rates improve.
I didn't say the CDC said it was dangerous, just they went anti-vax on that one , which it was as he got the flu with that, or at least flu like symptoms.

Quote:
If the only options were "no vax" and "flu mist", are you honestly suggesting the CDC would tell people not to vaccinate? Fuck no. They still recommend getting the regular shot, which is, if my English is still correct, the exact opposite of anti-vax, you fucking loon.
I said the CDC went antivax on that particular vax, I was not implying that they went cookoo antivax

Last edited by kanicbird; 01-29-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:00 PM

Coming clean:

I will admit I have personal reasons to not trust the flu vaccine in particular because what happened with my kid with the vaccine for 2 years and went without for 4, and got the flu once which was about the same as the side effects of the vaccine. With that I am comforted by antiviral meds that can lessen the duration of the flu if one is given proper medical attention which he is given. If we were not told he could get the flu, or then didn't know that he could get the flu from flumist, they dropped the ball. I don't want him to suffer again like that.

Additionally I and am somewhat suspect with a new vaccine (I would like a few years for them to find out the long term effects) and a flu vaccine is new every year, so I am a bit uneasy about that one in particular.

Other than that I feel vaccines are great, don't plan to opt out as I would want him to ge them, and myself. We do plan to get him the HVP one when he starts reaching that age.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:54 AM

Nope. You're still pushing anti-vax bullshit.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:38 AM
Charter Member

And The Niece is at it again, posting preachy stuff from this self-professed expert:

https://www.livingwhole.org/god-does...vEND_ZX0NrZHA0

Worth reading just for the smh factor, but I will boil it down to a few main points:

*Vaccines are full of nasty stuff/contaminants and dead babies.

*You should stop buying into "Fear propaganda."

*Vaccines are sorcery, which is evil.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalostwages View Post
Worth reading just for the smh factor
Not really, no.
Why link to an idiot scumbag site like this - just seems like you're pushing traffic to it.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:04 AM

Quote:
*Vaccines are full of nasty stuff/contaminants and dead babies.

*You should stop buying into "Fear propaganda."

*Vaccines are sorcery, which is evil.
Aren't 1 & 3 "fear propaganda"?
Old 02-03-2019, 01:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Aren't 1 & 3 "fear propaganda"?
Well, yes, but I was looking specifically at the part about how people should stop being afraid of polio and iron lungs.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
Not really, no.
Why link to an idiot scumbag site like this - just seems like you're pushing traffic to it.
It's just an example of what we're dealing with when we're up against the anti-vaccination crowd, especially the very religious ones. Since they sincerely believe that vaccines are inherently immoral and evil, there is no way to reason them out of it.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Well, yes, but I was looking specifically at the part about how people should stop being afraid of polio and iron lungs.
I ran into a comment on an online book review a few days ago, in which the commenter said we need to get the image of iron lungs out of our heads.

It's also important to never never think about kids with birth defects caused by congenital rubella infection, which is why we should denounce the news media for reporting on all the people who may have been exposed to rubella recently at a Detroit auto show.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
It's also important to never never think about kids with birth defects caused by congenital rubella infection, which is why we should denounce the news media for reporting on all the people who may have been exposed to rubella recently at a Detroit auto show.
It's what happened to Golden Age Hollywood actress Gene Tierney in 1943. She was working the Hollywood Canteen while pregnant with her daughter Daria and a fan broke her rubella quarantine to see the star. Tierney contracted rubella and it profoundly disabled her daughter while in gestation. The incident was used by Agatha Christie as backstory for her novel "The Mirror Crack'd From Side To Side".
Old 02-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanicbird View Post
Coming clean:

I will admit I have personal reasons to not trust the flu vaccine in particular because what happened with my kid with the vaccine for 2 years and went without for 4, and got the flu once which was about the same as the side effects of the vaccine.
Say what? Did you take your kid to the hospital when those reactions happened? Either your kid had a severe reaction to the shot, or you have no idea what the symptoms of the flu actually are.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I didn't realize that the party lines were as stark as that, actually, I know there are enough on the left that are anti-vax as well as the right. Glad to see that at least the representives on the left aren't quite as dumb about it at the moment.
It's more an issue of her confusing correlation and causation. In general, neither Democrats nor Republicans in legislatures are antivax. However, Republicans tend to sponsor lots of "religious liberty" bills that permit religious exemptions to public health measures, which typically include mandatory vaccination. Democrats tend to sponsor public health measures, which typically include mandatory vaccination.

Outside legislatures, anti-vaccination views are only a little bit more common among liberals. Vaccination tends to correlate quite strongly with race; black children are most likely to be under-vaccinated, while other studies show that white kids are most likely to be unvaccinated.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
It's more an issue of her confusing correlation and causation. In general, neither Democrats nor Republicans in legislatures are antivax. However, Republicans tend to sponsor lots of "religious liberty" bills that permit religious exemptions to public health measures, which typically include mandatory vaccination. Democrats tend to sponsor public health measures, which typically include mandatory vaccination.

Outside legislatures, anti-vaccination views are only a little bit more common among liberals.
I pretty much agree, though it's difficult to see a significant difference among the liberal and conservative rank and file regarding vaccination. Older Americans (who tend to be somewhat more conservative) remember the consequences of vaccine-preventable diseases and generally support vaccination, while younger people never experienced them and often are unaware of their consequences.

I've been rereading Paul Offit's "Autism's False Prophets" and it's interesting to see how the political winds have shifted. In the early heady days of the modern antivax movement (when thimerosal and the alleged perils of the MMR vaccine were getting considerable serious media attention, before good science refuted claims about them), both Democratic and Republican politicians glommed onto antivax sentiment (on the Dem side, John Kerry and Joe Lieberman were involved).

In recent times, the small minority of pols who espouse antivax ideas and attempt to push antivax bills through legislatures (many under the guise of "health freedom") are heavily Republican/conservative, while Democrats steer away from such tactics and tend to support pro-immunization initiatives like California's SB277, introduced and successfully brought to a positive vote by state Sen. Richard Pan, who has become a leading bogeyman among antivaxers.

While I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton, she does deserve praise for being an unabashed supporter of vaccination (her daughter Chelsea has been viciously attacked for similar views).

Last edited by Jackmannii; 02-04-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I pretty much agree, though it's difficult to see a significant difference among the liberal and conservative rank and file regarding vaccination. Older Americans (who tend to be somewhat more conservative) remember the consequences of vaccine-preventable diseases and generally support vaccination, while younger people never experienced them and often are unaware of their consequences.

I've been rereading Paul Offit's "Autism's False Prophets" and it's interesting to see how the political winds have shifted. In the early heady days of the modern antivax movement (when thimerosal and the alleged perils of the MMR vaccine were getting considerable serious media attention, before good science refuted claims about them), both Democratic and Republican politicians glommed onto antivax sentiment (on the Dem side, John Kerry and Joe Lieberman were involved).

In recent times, the small minority of pols who espouse antivax ideas and attempt to push antivax bills through legislatures (many under the guise of "health freedom") are heavily Republican/conservative, while Democrats steer away from such tactics and tend to support pro-immunization initiatives like California's SB277, introduced and successfully brought to a positive vote by state Sen. Richard Pan, who has become a leading bogeyman among antivaxers.

While I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton, she does deserve praise for being an unabashed supporter of vaccination (her daughter Chelsea has been viciously attacked for similar views).
The anti vaxxers often mention Pan and HRC when declaring that they don't want somebody to force them to vaccinate their kids and that they want to maintain their parental rights.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:59 PM

Now that I've read this, I'm going to make sure I raise it with every anti-vaxxer I meet.

Measles, it turns out, suppress the immune system for two to three years after infection. And a new theory holds that it also wipes out the immune system's "memory" of other diseases, so the immunity developed before measles has to be redeveloped. It's called immune amnesia.

Of course they'll refuse to believe it, but I intend to hit 'em with all the science I can. Refusing to vaccinate is child endangerment, in my book.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Now that I've read this, I'm going to make sure I raise it with every anti-vaxxer I meet.

Measles, it turns out, suppress the immune system for two to three years after infection. And a new theory holds that it also wipes out the immune system's "memory" of other diseases, so the immunity developed before measles has to be redeveloped. It's called immune amnesia.

Of course they'll refuse to believe it, but I intend to hit 'em with all the science I can. Refusing to vaccinate is child endangerment, in my book.
I wish you luck. You're going to need a lot of it. They will tell you that vaccines are dangerous, immoral, full of contaminants, poisonous, and loaded with aborted fetal tissue.... and that they cause not only autism but also cancer, Alzheimer's, and pretty much everything else you can think of.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:19 AM

Quote:
I wish you luck. You're going to need a lot of it. They will tell you that vaccines are dangerous, immoral, full of contaminants, poisonous, and loaded with aborted fetal tissue.... and that they cause not only autism but also cancer, Alzheimer's, and pretty much everything else you can think of.
Oh God, you are so right. (I'm not calling you God, though, you know, if the shoe fits...) I posted the link on a social media account and I already have a friend who's posted those very concernsI'm encouraged that after reading the article, science-background friend said she's now unsure what to think.

Thanks for wishing me luck. I know I won't succeed most of the time, but I refuse to let these claims go unchallenged. What is it with these people who trust science on one issue but not another? Both my anti-vaxxer friends are ardent environmentalists. People are change.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Oh God, you are so right. (I'm not calling you God, though, you know, if the shoe fits...) I posted the link on a social media account and I already have a friend who's posted those very concernsI'm encouraged that after reading the article, science-background friend said she's now unsure what to think.

Thanks for wishing me luck. I know I won't succeed most of the time, but I refuse to let these claims go unchallenged. What is it with these people who trust science on one issue but not another? Both my anti-vaxxer friends are ardent environmentalists. People are change.
And the ones I know are not environmentalists at all. But they do believe in a very young Earth. That's another reason why they are homeschooling. Science and medicine just don't sit well with them.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:45 AM
Charter Member

...until they get sick, I suppose...
Old 02-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
...until they get sick, I suppose...
Their solution to that is to treat the kids with massive doses of vitamins and natural foods.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Their solution to that is to treat the kids with massive doses of vitamins and natural foods.
There is an anti-vax radio commercial here where a woman is claiming that the current measles crisis is the fault of the doctors that won't give out the proper nutritional info that will prevent the disease.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
There is an anti-vax radio commercial here where a woman is claiming that the current measles crisis is the fault of the doctors that won't give out the proper nutritional info that will prevent the disease.
And if moms breastfeed the kids for 14 months, their immune systems will be so strong that they can withstand any onslaught of diseases.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:26 PM

My hypothesis is that many anti-vaxxers just don't want to see their kids get stabbed by needles, so they latch onto all of these excuses about why getting vaccinated is bad. It's that phenomenon where people make up reasons to justify behavior that they otherwise can't explain. This hypothesis is based purely on reading between the lines of discussions with highly educated and scientifically minded anti-vaxxers.

Yeah, nobody wants to see their baby get hurt, but come on, she's already crying because you injected her once, go ahead and inject her again.

When I'm a fascist dictator I'll decree a law that all vaccinations are free, but it will really be a law mandating vaccinations.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
And the ones I know are not environmentalists at all. But they do believe in a very young Earth. That's another reason why they are homeschooling. Science and medicine just don't sit well with them.
Polls of Republicans and Democrats show that both sides have anti-vaxxers, and about in equal numbers, Until 2016, more Democrats than Republicans were anti-vax, but after Trump's election it has swung slightly towards Republicans, probably because Trump made some vaguely anti-vax comments during the election.

Not everything is partisan, and when people make an issue partisan they immediately cause minds to close and people to line up in their political tribes. This is not helpful.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:54 PM

In modern times, anti-vaxxers, like conspiracy theorists and those who peddle misinformation, have a much bigger megaphone with which to spread their falsities.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:48 AM

Antivaxxers are conspiracy theorists.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the link. It's good information that could resonate with "vaccine-hesitant" parents. But it'll just bounce off the wall of denial and misinformation that antivaxers* have built up around themselves.

*defining "antivaxers" as "those who oppose all or nearly all vaccines, repeatedly pushing false memes no matter how effectively and repeatedly they've been debunked, attacking pro-immunization advocates instead of addressing the issues they raise, and relying on conspiracy theories to explain why their anti-vaccine ideology has not been accepted."
Old 02-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks for the link. It's good information that could resonate with "vaccine-hesitant" parents. But it'll just bounce off the wall of denial and misinformation that antivaxers* have built up around themselves.

*defining "antivaxers" as "those who oppose all or nearly all vaccines, repeatedly pushing false memes no matter how effectively and repeatedly they've been debunked, attacking pro-immunization advocates instead of addressing the issues they raise, and relying on conspiracy theories to explain why their anti-vaccine ideology has not been accepted."
Just enhancing the definition a bit: " those who refuse to have their kids vaccinated because the vaccines contain cell lines obtained from aborted fetal tissue from 50 years ago, and even though these immunizations can reduce or prevent sickness and death, the opponents still won't vaccinate because they believe the whole thing has evil origins and it is therefore inherently wrong no matter what."

https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-va...-tissue-260337
Old 02-07-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Just enhancing the definition a bit: " those who refuse to have their kids vaccinated because the vaccines contain cell lines obtained from aborted fetal tissue from 50 years ago, and even though these immunizations can reduce or prevent sickness and death, the opponents still won't vaccinate because they believe the whole thing has evil origins and it is therefore inherently wrong no matter what."

Or alternatively:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/abo...ze-vaccines-2/

"in reality there are only two cell lines used this way, and they are so far removed from the original abortions that even the Catholic Church has told its members that not only is it morally acceptable to use such vaccines, but vaccinating children against deadly diseases is a great good."

or

"you need to realize that fear mongering about “fetal parts” in vaccines is, not surprisingly, a distortion of the real situation, which is that the human cell lines are used to make some vaccines. Specifically, the WI-38 cell line is a human diploid fibroblast cell line derived from a three month old fetus aborted therapeutically in 1962 in the US. Another cell line, MRC-5, was derived from lung fibroblasts of a 14 week old fetus in 1966 in the United Kingdom. These are currently the only fetal cell lines used to grow viruses for vaccines"

Seriously, fuck anti vaxxers. The best thing about them is they might be improving the gene pool, assuming that their stupid has a genetic component.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:29 PM

In response to the measles outbreak:
Washington state weighs vaccination bill as measles outbreak spreads
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washing...utbreak-grows/

Naturally:
Hundreds [anti-vaxxers] rally to preserve right not to vaccinate children amid measles outbreak
Quote:
But opponents of the bill still think the measles vaccine is a bigger threat than the disease itself.

"I don't feel I'm putting my child at risk. There's nothing that's going to change my mind on this on that specific vaccination," said mother Monique Murray.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washing...en-2019-02-08/
Old 02-09-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique the Protesting Mom
"There's nothing that's going to change my mind on this on that specific vaccination.
Too bad no one asked her if there were other vaccines her mind could be changed on.

Expect the issue (of ending philosophical exemptions) in the Washington state legislature to be framed as one of "personal choice", as that's the current tactic raising a sympathetic response among some (notably Republican) lawmakers - i.e. your choice not to have your kids vaccinated overrides the choice of other parents not to have their kids exposed to infectious diseases. A leading "choice" group is run by a who's who of antivaxers.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

This article is about six months old but relevant.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45294192
Quote:
Social media bots and Russian trolls have been spreading disinformation about vaccines on Twitter to create social discord and distribute malware, US researchers say.
Just one more thing that makes me wonder about a lot of the social discord the US has been experiencing in recent years.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:04 AM

Now that there is media about a disease outbreak, people are actually bothering to get vaccinated. In January 2018 Clark county Washington gave out 530 measles vaccine doses, and in January 2019 it was 3,150. Good on them for the "vaccine hesitant," and others who are probably just lazy, to actually get vaccinated. Of course, if they had done it a year ago, they wouldn't be having this problem now.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:01 AM

I just had to unfriend an Anti-Vaxer on FaceBook. They were talking about mercury again. I know that there is no link between thimeresol and autism, but I thought it had been taken out anyway. Are there some vaccines that still contain mercury?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:32 AM

Thimerosal was taken out of childhood vaccines in the United States in 2001.

Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccines do not and never did contain thimerosal. Varicella (chickenpox), inactivated polio (IPV), and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines have also never contained thimerosal.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/co...sal/index.html

So, you know, if your dumbass anti-vaxxer friend, relative or co-worker is claiming that it's the mercury that's causing Autism and that's why their children don't have basic vaccinations, you can show them that they're ignorant twats grossly negligent misinformed.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batano View Post
I just had to unfriend an Anti-Vaxer on FaceBook. They were talking about mercury again. I know that there is no link between thimeresol and autism, but I thought it had been taken out anyway. Are there some vaccines that still contain mercury?
Flu vaccines in multidose containers have it to prevent contamination, but not in single dose syringes. Cite
However the mercury in thimerosal is not absorbed by the body. Plus, it has been eliminated from vaccines given to children for a long time now, and the autism rate has not declined.
BTW, according to the Times, 110,000 people died of measles in 2017 worldwide.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batano View Post
It was removed from most vaccines but is present in trace amounts in two childhood vaccines: DTaP and DTaP Hib. The reason it was removed was not because it was dangerous, but because the CDC decided that reducing the overall exposure of children to mercury would be a good preventative step. Canned Atlantic salmon, for instance, contains about 40 mg. of mercury. The two vaccines above contain less than 1 mg.

But even if thimeresol were removed entirely, the anti-vaxxers wouldn't believe it. The CDC and FDA are both in on the conspiracy, don't you know.