Old 05-08-2017, 10:40 AM

In other news, antivaxers are crowing about a newly published study purporting to show that the incidence of neurodevelopmental disorders is markedly higher in vaccinated children compared to those who are unvaccinated.

That conclusion is based on an anonymous Internet survey of parents of home-schooled children. No verification of diagnoses or vaccinations, just parental recollections (from a group predisposed to antivax views). The abstract first appeared in a low-rent journal, was retracted, and ultimately published in an even more bottom-feeding journal.

Expect to hear lots more about this from the antivax crowd as "proof" of the evils of immunization.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...ead-yet-again/
Old 05-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalostwages View Post
In the meantime, my aforementioned niece keeps posting more anti vax stuff on her timeline.

http://healthyfamiliesforgod.com/2017/04/5-measles/

So now it's immoral and ungodly to get the kids vaccinated, and getting measles that's a good thing because you can easily treat it with vitamins and it will build up your immunity if you get it too.

I worry about her 3 year old and one year old.
Funny thing about that link is #2 on its list seems to show the idiots compiling the list are aware that the vaccine works and, in fact, is not dangerous. The rest of the list is simply dishonest scare mongering.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Oh, but measles is so "benign..."

http://healthfreedomidaho.org/measles-a-benign-disease

And the "proof" is from 1959!
Old 05-08-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Yeah, I also wish Wakefield would take a dirt nap already.
damn right .... preferrably dead from something a vaccine would have stopped... like the Black Plague or Rabies.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
Worry more. Natural immunity is NOT better, at least when it comes to measles. There is evidence that after having measles (but not the vaccine), your immune system develops this bias, and ignores other pathogens while keeping up its vigil for measles. So having measles weakens your immune system in regard to everything but measles. This lasts a couple of years.
Useful articles:

A deadly shadow: Measles may weaken immune system up to three years

Quote:
The measles virus can cause serious disease in children by temporarily suppressing their immune systems. This vulnerability was previously thought to last a month or two; however, a new study shows that children may in fact live in the immunological shadow of measles for up to three years, leaving them highly susceptible to a host of other deadly diseases.

The study, published in the journal Science, was led by researchers from the University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. The study provides epidemiologic evidence that measles may throw the body into a much longer-term state of "immune amnesia," where essential memory cells that protect the body against infectious diseases are partially wiped out.
Long-term measles-induced immunomodulation increases overall childhood infectious disease mortality

Quote:
Immunosuppression after measles is known to predispose people to opportunistic infections for a period of several weeks to months. Using population-level data, we show that measles has a more prolonged effect on host resistance, extending over 2 to 3 years. We find that nonmeasles infectious disease mortality in high-income countries is tightly coupled to measles incidence at this lag, in both the pre- and post-vaccine eras. We conclude that long-term immunologic sequelae of measles drive interannual fluctuations in nonmeasles deaths. This is consistent with recent experimental work that attributes the immunosuppressive effects of measles to depletion of B and T lymphocytes. Our data provide an explanation for the long-term benefits of measles vaccination in preventing all-cause infectious disease. By preventing measles-associated immune memory loss, vaccination protects polymicrobial herd immunity.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:44 PM

Anti-vaxxers belong in prison. Conspiracy to commit child neglect is not protected speech.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:08 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Andrew Wakefield should be quarantined for life as a pernicious hazard to Public Health.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
In other news, antivaxers are crowing about a newly published study purporting to show that the incidence of neurodevelopmental disorders is markedly higher in vaccinated children compared to those who are unvaccinated.
Update: Even the poorly-regarded open access journal that published this crappy "vaccinated vs. unvaccinated" study has been sufficiently embarrassed that the article has been retracted - for the second time!

http://retractionwatch.com/2017/05/0...y-republished/

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...ies-retracted/

Cue antivax conspiracy theories in 3...2...1...
Old 05-11-2017, 05:33 AM
Charter Member

This is an article from Minnesota on a large measles outbreak.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mea...obf?li=BBnb7Kz
Old 06-03-2017, 04:32 PM

Measles outbreak in Minnesota (discussed in this thread a month ago) continues to worsen:
Quote:
As of June 1, there were 73 confirmed cases, at least 50 of which were treated at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota. Twenty were admitted. Some of the children being treated have mouths so sore they can’t drink or swallow, leading to severe dehydration and requiring days of treatment. Last year, there were only 70 measles cases reported in the entire US.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...utbreak-rages/
Old 06-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Anti-vax morons need to foot the bill that Minnesota is facing because of their ignorance.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
You can get the vaccine earlier if you have actually had shingles, because you can get shingles more than once, but the vaccine will prevent further outbreaks. I don't know how often the vaccine must be repeated. My husband had the shingles in his early 40, and he got the vaccine about six months after he recovered, and insurance paid for it.

Worry more. Natural immunity is NOT better, at least when it comes to measles. There is evidence that after having measles (but not the vaccine), your immune system develops this bias, and ignores other pathogens while keeping up its vigil for measles. So having measles weakens your immune system in regard to everything but measles. This lasts a couple of years.

Worry about any one-year-old and below in a place with vaccine numbers below herd immunity, because less than one-year-olds can't have the MMR yet.

I actually had some dimbulb argue with me that measles aren't that bad, and her evidence was the episode of The Brady Bunch where all the kids got it.

Right. They're really gonna have the episode where Bobby gets encephalitis and dies.
I just went to a birthday party for the aforementioned 1 year old on May 27. Felt carsick going home.
Woke up early May 29 with a lot of body pain and then hurling, spent the rest of the day feeling like crap. It took a few days to feel right again.
As it turns out, the parents had been stricken with this whatever-virus about five days before the party (I didn't know this at the time).
The baby got sick with a fever, my brother and his wife got sicker than I did, and my niece told us on FB, "Sorry, everyone."
But I'm pretty sure she still won't admit that she might just be in the wrong about vaccines and illnesses.

Simster: Well, then, I am complimenting you like a mother....
Old 06-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
But I'm pretty sure she still won't admit that she might just be in the wrong about vaccines and illnesses.

Hey, you lived and recovered, right? So it's really not so bad, yes? That's the mentality...
Old 06-22-2017, 12:03 PM

We don't need no steenking science

An EU court has decided that nope, science isn't necessary when deciding whether to award damages for "vaccine injury", intuition works great.

The highest court's bizarre decision was issued in the case of a French complainant who developed multiple sclerosis a year after getting an immunization.

There is zero credible evidence that vaccination causes MS. Doesn't matter. If enough people make the claim, that apparently translates into "specific and consistent" data which is good enough for the EU.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...-without-proof

This can only be a good thing, since we already know from past decisions that science is best settled in the courts.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Charter Member

So basically, the US is exporting stupidity. At least it is something we have in abundance.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Would y'all like to meet those "Anti-Vax" doctors? that are pushed as experts on the subject?
Old 06-22-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
So basically, the US is exporting stupidity. At least it is something we have in abundance.
The American system set up to provide compensation in genuine cases of vaccine-related injury, despite requiring a relatively low standard of proof ("preponderance of evidence") typically follows evidence-based science, as in its rejection of vaccines-cause-autism claims. One wonders if such cases will now be rubber-stamped as valid in the E.U., since a number of parents "consistently" make such claims even though the alleged connection has been thoroughly debunked.

*a defect in the linked article is that it suggests certain upper extremity injuries were due to vaccines, when they apparently were caused by improper injection techniques damaging joint capsules/nerves and thus were not due to the vaccines themselves.

Last edited by Jackmannii; 06-22-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
Perhaps you could point out that one of the complications of many of these diseases IS brain damage -- which can lead to permanent mental retardation. That's what's so insane about the whole "vaccines cause autism!" bullshit. If anything, kids are more at risk for brain damage from the very diseases these vaccines prevent. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Turns out that most of my niece's "info" comes from this site:

http://healthyfamiliesforgod.com/?s=vaccines

The main points are:
1. Vaccines are inherently evil because they come from cell lines that originated in aborted fetuses;
2. Breastfeeding will provide all the immunity the kids need;
3. If they get sick, it's easy to combat measles and mumps with big doses of vitamins A and C.

And once you throw God into the mix, the opposition doesn't stand a chance.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:15 PM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Is it too early to start investing in the stocks of Iron Lung makers?
Old 08-17-2017, 04:22 PM

THere was a recent article about the pushback on vaccination by various state governments and I made the mistke of reading the Facebook based comments.

I learned:

1) vaccines do nothing except kill and cause autism
2) No one has ever studied the safety of vaccines, ever
3) Measles can be cure with Vitamin C
4) They all have an anecdote about how the school their kid went to had an outbreak of a vaccinatable disease and all the kids with the vaccination got the disease and the unvaccinated ones didn't catch it.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:57 AM

It turns out that while California's SB277 (eliminating "personal belief") exemptions from vaccination for schoolchildren) has had a salutary effect in boosting vaccination rates, there's also been a big jump in medical exemptions.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...s-unavailable/

Some schools (particularly Waldorf schools, and certain charter and religious schools) continue to endanger children through high percentages of unvaccinated kids.

It'd help if Californians made complaints to the state medical board about docs who give out wholesale exemptions (one antivax physician, Bob Sears is already in trouble over alleged improper care including a dubious exemption).
Old 10-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miskatonic View Post
THere was a recent article about the pushback on vaccination by various state governments and I made the mistke of reading the Facebook based comments.

I learned:

1) vaccines do nothing except kill and cause autism
2) No one has ever studied the safety of vaccines, ever
3) Measles can be cure with Vitamin C
4) They all have an anecdote about how the school their kid went to had an outbreak of a vaccinatable disease and all the kids with the vaccination got the disease and the unvaccinated ones didn't catch it.
Also, embryonic cells from aborted fetuses were used decades ago to make vaccines, and although there has been no need for any new ones in a very long time, Niece and others are repulsed by the very idea.
http://www.rescuepost.com/.a/6a00d83...1f6118e970c-pi
Old 10-08-2017, 09:53 AM

There are seemingly no limits to the antivax crazy.

An antivaxer just informed me online that not only is measles harmless, but that measles infection prevents cancer and many other diseases.

I guess that means I am immortal.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

An antivaxer just informed me online that not only is measles harmless, but that measles infection prevents cancer and many other diseases.

Well, the idea that diseases cause super powers is not new.

SMBC-20080607
Old 10-09-2017, 11:52 AM

In other news from antivax-land:

It's reported that the latest journal article to excite antivaxers is being retracted.

In brief, the authors (Shaw and Tomljenovic) did a mouse study purporting to show that subcutaneous aluminum injection simulating the aluminum adjvant in some vaccines activated mouse genes claimed to be "homologous" with those linked to autism in humans. After this paper was published, alert analysts cited not only tenuous conclusions but what looked to them like fishy manipulations of data.

https://forbetterscience.com/2017/09...by-smut-clyde/

This is not the first embarrassment for these two notorious antivax researchers. Retraction is nothing new:

http://retractionwatch.com/2016/10/2...ter-revisions/

Noting also the granddaddy of all retracted antivax publications (Wakefield's study attempting to link measles vaccine to autism), it seems that the only rivals to antivax "scientists" when it comes to sloppy and/or devious research are their counterparts in anti-GMO advocacy.*

*and sometimes their interests overlap. See Stephanie Seneff.

Last edited by Jackmannii; 10-09-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Oh, SHIT!

Guess what study they're getting confused?

Mayo Clinic trial: Massive blast of measles vaccine wipes out cancer
Old 02-03-2018, 06:35 PM

An anti-vaxxer doctor just won a $2.5 million judgement.
Quote:
Mark Geier built a medical practice in Rockville and a national reputation for propagating the discredited theory that vaccines cause autism. The Maryland Board of Physicians suspended his license seven years ago because he was treating autistic children with a drug considered dangerous for young people and not known to alleviate symptoms of the disorder.

But the regulators who stripped Geier’s credentials are now in the hot seat, ordered to each personally pay tens of thousands of dollars in damages by a judge who says the board abused its power in an attempt to humiliate the doctor and his family. The board posted a cease-and-desist order on its website in 2012 alleging that Geier had improperly prescribed medication for himself, his wife and his son while his license was suspended. In an unusual move, the order named the drugs in question. Online critics of Geier took notice, mocking the doctor and his family in blogs and comments for their use of the medications. The Geiers say the state publicized those details for vengeance, to punish a doctor with unconventional ideas. State officials say it was an honest mistake.

But Montgomery County Circuit Court Judge Ronald B. Rubin sided with the Geiers, awarding them $2.5 million in damages. He called the order a significant breach of medical privacy and accused the board and its staff of failing to preserve emails related to the case and pleading ignorance about the order on the witness stand.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...393_story.html
Old 02-03-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastTense View Post
An anti-vaxxer doctor just won a $2.5 million judgement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...393_story.html
The judge is not highly regarded; I predict this won't exactly hold up on appeal.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:02 PM

I was able to find without too much trouble online details of a case in another state, in which a doctor's license suspension agreement with the medical board contained names of drugs (including opioids and anti-anxiety meds) the physician was found to have obtained phony prescriptions for, in order to self-medicate. Does that means the other state board improperly released personal information as well?

Regardless of how an appeal goes, Mark Geier's medical career was in limbo at last report (according to this article of a few years ago, he had his medical licenses suspended or revoked in all 12 states in which he was licensed to practice. A key issue was his prescribing for autistic boys a drug (Lupron) commonly used for chemical castration of sex offenders (based on the belief that autistic boys are in precocious puberty fueled by excess testosterone, which supposedly enhances toxicity of mercury - from the vaccines, y'know).

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/che...nally-notices/

Last edited by Jackmannii; 02-03-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:

I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I got the measles in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal. I can not die.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:24 AM
Charter Member

And all you have to do is inoculate yourself with the word of god anyway:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...%99/ar-BBINcFw

Who knew?
Old 02-07-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I got the measles in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal. I can not die.

Awesome.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

There has been an unfortunate outbreak of stupid in Milwaukee. The mouth-breather in question tried the usual waffling -
Quote:
"I would like to have more research done on the whole issue in the first place, rather than just tying it to one thing, because I'm not sure that's it," she said. "It usually isn't. And I think that's what happens when you try to nail it directly to one thing, such as the vaccine."
The previous one got canned for not following on lead in children. This one should be canned for not following up on the lead between her ears.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 02-14-2018, 10:41 AM

Conspiracy theorists can make a lot of money by peddling crazy. Anti-vaxx is the "911 was an inside job" of 2018. I think most of these people aren't dumb at all; they know they're conning people. It's just unfortunately not criminal (or not likely to be).
Old 02-14-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Conspiracy theorists can make a lot of money by peddling crazy. Anti-vaxx is the "911 was an inside job" of 2018. I think most of these people aren't dumb at all; they know they're conning people. It's just unfortunately not criminal (or not likely to be).
Sadly, it's much more dangerous.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
There has been an unfortunate outbreak of stupid in Milwaukee. The mouth-breather in question tried the usual waffling -
The previous one got canned for not following on lead in children. This one should be canned for not following up on the lead between her ears.
I cherish the times I completely agree with you, man.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post

Regards,
Shodan
An amazing demonstration of stupid.

In news from north of the border, a Canadian grocery chain pulled its sponsorship of a "Health and Wellness Expo" after an outcry over one of the featured speakers, David Stephan. Stephan (an antivaxer) was convicted along with his wife in the death of their young son, who developed meningitis but was "treated" with herbal smoothies and echinacea. There's a sick irony in that one of the supplements promoted by the company with which Stephan's associated, is supposed to help brain function.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
The judge is not highly regarded; I predict this won't exactly hold up on appeal.
It's hard to see how the board members can be held personally liable, but it's also hard to see how the award itself would be reversed on appeal.
Old 02-24-2018, 04:12 PM

Europe has the same situation as the U.S.

Measles Cases in Europe Quadrupled in 2017
Quote:
Measles cases soared in Europe last year, and at least 35 children died of the highly infectious disease, according to the World Health Organization. The virus found its way into pockets of unvaccinated children all over the continent, from Romania to Britain. The number of recorded cases quadrupled, to 21,315 in 2017 from 5,273 in 2016, a record low...

Vaccination rates across Europe are lower than in the United States. Various longstanding anti-vaccine movements persist there, and some conservative Protestant sects in Europe believe vaccination subverts God’s will.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/h...es-europe.html
Old 02-24-2018, 07:53 PM

Ireland actually seems to have slightly higher vaccination rates than the US (early childhood vaccination rates are at the WHO recommended level of 95%, MMR rates are a little below it at 93%, we're not great on the later childhood booster rates) but we've still got an ongoing measles outbreak. I hauled in my kid for her booster a few months early - I had to put up a fight for it, because the boosters are supposed to be done in school, in their first year, and she's not in school yet, but no way in hell am I leaving her with any less than maximum protection if there's an outbreak. I am so pissed off that I have to worry about this bullshit.

That was a couple of months ago, by the way. Kid still doesn't look autistic to me.

I know there was some link on this thread where I donated to give vaccines to kids in Third World countries. I'm gonna go find it and donate again, so at least some other parents can get their worry level down a few notches.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
Is it too early to start investing in the stocks of Iron Lung makers?
Sorry, it looks like a combination of better hygiene and natural forces has caused a remarkable decrease in Polio cases.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/bill...this-year.html

Sure, Bill Gates, the WHO, and that fraud Salk will take all the credit for ending a scourge that paralyzed and killed millions, but won't take any of the blame for the dozens of parents who claim their children have been harmed by the Polio vaccine.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

I actually know a man who was paralyzed by polio vaccine. It wasn't "claimed", it was the actual case, and he received a settlement in compensation. I don't see where anyone dodged blame or responsibility. There is a set process for this. Of course, companies aren't going to shell out for every problem a kid has after vaccination because for the most part those problems are unrelated to the vaccine despite what the woo-woo crowd claims. There has to be some proof that it was the vaccine that caused the problem.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
I actually know a man who was paralyzed by polio vaccine. It wasn't "claimed", it was the actual case, and he received a settlement in compensation. I don't see where anyone dodged blame or responsibility. There is a set process for this. Of course, companies aren't going to shell out for every problem a kid has after vaccination because for the most part those problems are unrelated to the vaccine despite what the woo-woo crowd claims. There has to be some proof that it was the vaccine that caused the problem.
Actually, the companies don't pay directly. In the U.S., there is something called Office of Special Masters of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, aka the vaccine court established as part of the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. We know that there will be injuries (mostly shoulder injuries due to bad jabs) because of vaccines. But we also know that vaccines are absolutely vital to public health and need to be mandated by the government. So there is a system in place, with a very low bar, to compensate any possible injuries. It is funded by a tax on all vaccines, and only requires passing a three prong test to prove possible injury:
Quote:
the petitioner must present a biological theory of harm, a logical sequence of events connecting the vaccine to the injury, and establish an appropriate time frame in which injury occurred; the petitioner must also show that there is not another biologically plausible explanation for the injury.
Prove that, and you can get a settlement. Note, that autism claims are routinely rejected, despite what some have claimed.
Old 02-26-2018, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

Yes, the point being that actual vaccine injuries are covered - and it seems to me a modest tax on all vaccines and/or fund that vaccine manufacturers pay into is a much more efficient and probably kinder method of compensating those injured than a court case.

Medicine is an area where you can do everything absolutely correctly and still get a bad outcome. No malice required. So setting up some sort of insurance for the inevitable bad outcomes is not a bad way to handle the injuries.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:01 PM

Florida Pediatrician Arrested for Allegedly Giving Partial Vaccine Doses to Hundreds of Children

Quote:
A Florida pediatrician was arrested on Friday after she allegedly inoculated hundreds of children with less than the required dose of vaccine.

<snip>

The department said about 500 children have been affected and say they may need to be revaccinated since the partial doses does not protect them from potentially dangerous diseases.
Holy shit.

- seen on a bumper sticker in Sacramento Ca
Old 02-27-2018, 01:25 PM

That reminds me of the case of the oncologist who was making mad bank by diluting all the chemo drugs. What a world.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

"All Vaccinations Half Off!"
Old 03-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Charter Member

The aforementioned niece just shared a document on FB that supposedly "proves" that getting the pertussis vaccine makes one more likely to get the disease than not getting vaxed at all. The lower right chart's columns for 0 doses and 3+ doses are circled on the FB version.

https://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/downlo...eport-2014.pdf
Old 03-04-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
The aforementioned niece just shared a document on FB that supposedly "proves" that getting the pertussis vaccine makes one more likely to get the disease than not getting vaxed at all. The lower right chart's columns for 0 doses and 3+ doses are circled on the FB version.

https://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/downlo...eport-2014.pdf
Gosh, itís almost as if the number of kids on the proper vaccine schedule is massively larger than the unvaccinated.

Same stunt was pulled by statistically-impaired after the Disney breakout.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Kids diagnosed with autism are less likely than the general population to receive the recommended set of safe and protective vaccines—and so are their younger siblings, according to a new observational study in JAMA Pediatrics.

The finding indicates that children with autism and their siblings are at an increased risk of contracting preventable—and dangerous—infectious diseases. It also suggests that a pernicious and completely bogus notion that vaccines cause autism may be spurring hesitancy in some parents.

The authors of the study note in their conclusion: “Previous studies reported that a large proportion of parents of children with ASD [autism spectrum disorder] consider that vaccines contributed to their child’s ASD, and consequently they either changed or discontinued vaccination, suggesting that current strategies to address vaccine hesitancy have not been effective for parents of children with ASD.”
https://arstechnica.com/science/2018...vaccine-myths/