the Officially not pointless cool thingie thread

I had a revelation yesterday while talking to Rasa.

There is NO smilie face for the ‘wink and a gun’. You know what the wink and a gun is, right? It’s where you wink at someone and point your finger like a gun while making that “chk chk” sound. It’s the greatest cheese pickup tool since licking the tips of your index and pinkie finger on one hand and smoothing your eyebrows with them… Well anyways, there’s NO smilies for this anywhere! Not with basic text, not in instant messaging programs, not on any message boards, nowhere. :frowning:

To fix this, I propose a new anagram: WaaG. This -of course- standing for Wink and a Gun. I hope to start seeing this in emails, IM’s, and threads everywhere. Pass the word people! I’m reling on the intelligent, net-savvy, and attractive people of the SDMB to spread the word! You heard it here first!

WaaG,
broccoli!

I’m making a little bet with myself that someone is going to post a certain link in here…
Oh, and re: the sig—b.

;)=~~*
Ummm, Chicago, bang-bang!

Let’s try this:

;)/___ [sup]chk chk[/sup]

or this :wink: |__

nah, I think I like Gorgon’s Heaps better. ;)=~~*
And what a great place to use it!

O.k.

It seems as though you are all missing the point.

I’m not asking you to come up with something.

I’m asking you to use:

WaaG

it’s much easier than a smilie face with 8 little characters after it. :smiley:

Right back at ya broccoli!.

Waag

Got it. ;)=~~*

I don’t know if WaaG is such a good acronym, as this gesture already has a name: “The Isaac.”

–Cliffy

Cliffy is close, but the judges say that the response can not be accepted. The OP clearly describes the index finger and thumb on one hand being extended while the the thumb is quickly bent in time with the “chk-chk” sound. According to “How To Pick Up Women” (3[sup]rd[/sup] edition; pub. 1978) the Isaac uses both hands to make a double gun with the “chk-chk” serving as sound effect for both thumb bends in unison.

It’s a subtle difference, but I’m sure that you will agree an important one.

Also, from the same text…

Next time I see you use my name and “revelation” in the same sentence, it better be more creative than this, broccoli!

I prefer “the sexual ray gun”, myself… but since I inspired you, WaaG right back atcha.

You know, the more you look at “chk-chk”, the funnier it gets.

Tee hee!

I’m going to make it my personal mission to start using the WaaG, just for you, man.

It may take a little explanation at first, but if we are to enhance the English language, these are the things we must do!

:smiley:

and a WaaG

Exactly!

Everybody WaaG-Chung tonite!

[sub]It was better then a plain ole’ bump[/sub]

chk chk

Hey baby, nice car! :wink: