Yet another ptp thread, or Hell yes I'll pay!

I mean, really, even if it is $50, (which is apparently on the high side) just put a buck in a coffee can on top of the fridge, and by the end of the year, you can pay the fee and buy most of a happy meal. I think most people here are clever enough to find a dollar laying about on a weekly basis.

Perhaps if the fee was assessed on a quarterly or monthly basis, with a discount for a year commitment, newbies would be more inclined to join up.

I’m signed up, I’ll certainly pay to post.

What I’ve wondered is, could the Board make the scrip a little more attractive by giving it more features? The ability to use (small) graphics? custom fonts? colors? That sort of thing leaves me cold but others might find it worth the scrip cost.

Of course the administrative costs go up, but maybe we’ll lose enough deadbeats to minimize the abuse…

KIDDING! i’m KIDDING! Don’t you people know a JOKE when you HEAR one?

Jus’ wunnerin’

b.

Once again, I plan to ante up. Who knows it might even get better. Can it? Only one way to tell!

I started a thread a while ago against any payment for membership. I was entirely against it, but now that I think it over, I love this place too much. I would pay to post.

I’d pay. I get more out of SDMB than I get out of the magazines I subscribe to, and they cost more than $50 smackers a year.