Well, prick, your not IN Latin America- SO TURN DOWN THE FUCKING MUSIC!!!!!

I am pissed off and am going to be politically correct and silent no more:

http://mcall.com/news/local/all-b1_5disruptdec03.story?coll=all-newslocal-hed

AY CARUMBA!!!

Now, if you want to make a case that it’s a bit Draconian to throw out people out of their homes for turning the music up too loud, okay, I’ll talk about this.

And if you want to present facts and statistics that show a certain minority is targeted by law enforcement unfairly, all right, we can’t have that, let’s do better. Racial profiling is wrong.

But how does a Hispanic activist in our city respond to a law that evicts renters for playing their music too loud, and 58% of the cited are Hispanic?? With constitutional arguments and inspired debate about bridging the gap between cultural differences???

No, not quite . … Here are the parts of this article that make me want to put my fucking fist through a godammned wall:

***The law is discriminatory, some city activists said, because it doesn’t take cultural differences into account.

“The law targets people who tend to listen to their music a little loud,” said Allentown lawyer David Vaida. “We know who they are: Latinos.”
Playing upbeat, fast-paced music day or night is not uncommon, Latino activists said. With center city heavily populated by Latinos living in row houses with thin walls, more of the citations go to them, Vaida said.***

Okay let me see if I have this straight. Because you are Hispanic, YOU have the right to play music loudly 24 hours a day and disturb your neighbors???

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU AGAIN, YOU ARROGANT MOTHERFUCKING PRICKS!!!

There is a lot of racial tension in my city right now because of the large influx of Hispanics from New York and Puerto Rico. While I’m sure most of them are decent people (here comes the “I’m not a racist but . . .” statement) . . well, saying these kinds of things just pisses off long time residents of the city even more! You know, us intolerant white folk?

What I am saying, Latino community, is very simple. I don’t turn my stereo up so loud on a Saturday afternoon that my neighbors can’t even enjoy the nice day out on their porch. I don’t blare Mudvayne at 12 decibals with my car windows open when I drive by your house, waking you up from your afternoon nap. And since I ALSO live in a rowhome, I take extra care to keep the volume down, not say “Oh I live in a rowhome, so if my music is too loud, it’s the buildings fault, not mine.” Why is it so hard for you to do the same?

so . … TURN DOWN YOUR MOTHERFUCKING MUSIC. I HAVE TO DO IT; SO SHOULD YOU. Not because I am white and you are Latino- but because it is the PROPER WAY TO BE RESPECTFUL TOWARDS YOUR NEIGHBORS!!!

As for the “they play it loud in Puerto Rico” argmuent, well, hey, legally I can carry a gun in the United States. You don’t see me going up to Canda packing heat, do you? As much as I love eating steak, I wouldn’t feel all that comfortable eating a cow in India either.

I respond with this old bigoted diddy: "If you want to play your salsa music so loud, and it’s accepted in Puerto Rico . .WHY DON’T YOU FUCKING GO BACK THERE??? :mad:

Or better yet, please stay, but buy a 20 acre house outside of town, and you can play your crappy music as loud as you want!!!

Unless the napping person is sleeping in your car’s back window with their ear on top of your stereo speaker, I don’t think 12 dB will be loud enough.

Just a minor nitpick.

Live dangerously, Vinnie…

Go fo 20dB! Oooooooh, feel de muzak!

Sam

“Issues” like this seem to be the reason many people think that a lot of racism/discrimination cries are false. That is absolutely unbelievable.

They’re Lantino so they don’t understand the law?? WTF??

Unreal. Vinnie, come to NY- I’m on 13 acres of land- you can hear crickets chirp, see fireflies in the night, and no blasting music. I’ll make a nice spot for you out back. :slight_smile:

Zette

I love this bit

So when you get busted for obnoxious behavior, invoking racial stereotypes as a legal defense is OK? “Ay, senor, we are simple peasants who cannot be expected to obey the law, constrained as we are by our cultural differences.” If an Anglo lawyer had said what Vaida said, he’d have his ass handed to him on a plate.

As a guy who lives in a multi-ethnic apartment complex, I would like to say, “Hear fucking hear!”

The folks who live on the other side of me are Latin Americans, and they seem to feel that it’s just not music if it’s not rattling the walls. Though they’re getting better after about the twentieth time of me pounding on their door and asking them oh-so-politely to TURN IT DOWN PLEASE!!

Although there are several other Latino families in the complex who do not do this, so it’s certainly not universal.

Why in the world would you blare Mudvayne anyway? It doesn’t get better as its louder, unfortunately.

:smiley:

jar

Question: When an armchair liberal is wide awake at 3 a.m. with THUMPA-THUMPA-THUMPA coming through his walls, keeping him awake for the third night in a row and he HAS to get a good night’s sleep to do something important the next day, what does he do? Does he complain or does he smile and say, “How refreshing to live in an ethnically diverse neighborhood and experience the flavors of exotic cultures! I’ll just go ahead and be a zombie tomorrow because I tolerate diversity!”

Answer: Ha ha! It’s a trick question! Armchair liberals live in places where they don’t have to put up with that crap!

I think someone should get some ridiculously loud speakers and play Johnny Horton at top volume right outside Vaida’s bedroom window all night the night before this trial starts.

After college, I lived in an apartment complex that had tenants who played loud music. (I’ll leave their race out since being a bad neighbor is an equal-opportunity job.) Anyway, my roommate got so annoyed, that one day we did a little investigatin’, and figured out which fuse went to the offending apartment. (The fuse box was a couple doors down; the evil apartment was above us.) Well, you can probably guess what my roommate did next. It was so freakin’ funny hearing the music stop, and hearing those guys trying to figure out what happened. Well, they learned pretty quickly that their electrical circuit just couldn’t handle that kind of volume anymore. (insert evil laugh).

Don’t you think it’s time you embraced your ethnic heritage, Vinnie? That’s right, find yourself a country station and turn it right the hell up! See how they like it.

Oh, make sure, though, that it’s during a time when they would normally be sleeping or something (and get in with your other neighbors on it, too- makes it even better to slam them from many points.)

Immature? Sure.
Petty? Sure.
Satisfying? Damn straight.

And not just any country (forget about that psuedo-country pop crap)–go for the gold. Real ,honest, “gut-bucket” country. (FTR, this is the kind of country music I love–I’m not putting it down by this description.) And turn the volume WAY up and SING ALONG WITH IT!! LOUDLY!!! Even better, twang a guitar, too. Then when they complain, you can tell them that they are just singling out rural Caucasian types for persecution. LOL

Revenge in two words.

Bagpipe music

Boy, am I ever reminded of my friend’s Sperm Donor (SD – the father of her younger child) and his most recent trip to court for nonpayment of child support. Among other nonsense, he put on a FAKE German accent and told the judge, “I do not unnerstand zese confoosing American laws.” Never mind that SD was born in ILLI-fuckin’-NOIS and raised right here in America’s Dairyland.

The court session ended with him being taken into custody, while the relative who had given him a ride waited cluelessly in her car.

Frankly, I’d just as soon listen to the Salsa.

ALL RIGHT ALREADY!!! OBVIOSLY I MEANT 120 DECIBELS!!! AAAARCGH!!! :rolleyes:

I’ve discovered opera has the same effect :cool:

That the part I don’t get. Oh, us poor stupid Hispanics…we can’t understand the law-talk about insulting!

And it’s this LAW that’s supposed to be racist?

:rolleyes:

As a proudmember of the “English Sucks Society”, I LOVE latino/spanish music. I also like playing it loudly. I got really pissed off when i found if you serenade (traditional romantic singing done almost always at night), you are disturbing the peace. What is wrong with you people?!

But yeah, lots (but by no means all) Latinos play their music WAY to loud, and it gets really, really annoying. My advice is to get some latinos who feel the same way you do (yes, they exist :wink: ) and get THEM to tell the others to "Well, prick, your not IN Latin America- SO TURN DOWN THE FUCKING MUSIC!!! "
I’m sure they’lle oblige.
Bagpipes are a bit cruel, bu if all else fails, use without mercy!

Old joke - what’s a definition of a gentleman? Someone who can play the bagpipes but doesn’t. Ba-dum-pa.

This must be a Puerto Rican/Cuban/Dominican thing. I live in a nearly all Mexican-American neighborhood and don’t notice much loud music from homes. Occasionally from a car, but almost never from a house. And its usually not of the wall shaking salsa variety, but slower music.

I sort of object to that broad-brushed “Latino” label anyway. I’m a Chilean, Spanish is my first language, and I still have absolutely no idea what the hell a “Latino” is supposed to be, other than vague ideas from Ricky Martin videos and Telemundo.

Well Allentown is a shithole anyway… believe me, I was born there… If the Hispanics want blast their music, let them do it. It might bring life into that hellhole.