All credit applications accepted!!

What is it with car dealerships?? It seems that dealerships here in North Carolina have taken to boldly stating <h1>All credit applications accepted!!</h1>

What? Like they wouldn’t except them. Is this sort of ploy saying that all are approved? Does this happen elsewhere?

If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
Harry S. Truman

I don’t know Banks…did they have a confederate flag flying over the dealership building?

“Do or do not, there is no try” - Yoda

You wanna know something about me…ask me…not my friends…

fuzzy…Should I take that as a dig? My heritage is important to me.

Harry S. Truman

Not at all…I’m the same as you…but lately it seems on the board that we southerners are getting a lot of flack about the civil war and the flag…I’m in North Carolina also…just a warning to let you know to get ready.

You wanna know something about me…ask me…not my friends…

Actually, I think most people on the board can keep separate issues separate.

And yes, it’s a ploy. That said, the dealerships that say “all applications accepted” tend to have deals with credit companies with some pretty lax standards. So if you’re willing to pay upwards of 20% interest rates and pay a full non-negotiable price for the car you can usually get financing.

Fuzzy, I thought you meant if there was a confederate flag that you’d have fine print:

<font size=+2>All applications accepted!</font>
<font size=-1>unless you are black.</font>

How exactly did you mean it? I have a vision of every thread going like this:
[ul][li]Beware of icy blue excrement balls falling from airplanes![]Was there a confederate flag on that airplane?[/li]
[li]What words end in -gry?[
]Are they written on a confederate flag?[/ul][/li]
Is this going to be like Libertarian equating everything to the repression inherent in the system?

Okay, this may be stating the obvious but…

All applications accepted but are all applications APPROVED?

I bring this up because I just applied for one of those “pre-approved” credit cards (just to re-establish credit) and was told that my application will still have to be approved. WTF?

fuzzy…

If you forget where you come from…you lose sight of where you are going.

Harry S. Truman

It’s just like being pre-approved for a credit card. It just means: “You are approved to receive this piece of junk mail because we bought your name and address from some third party.”

Basically, it means squat.

The Canadians. They walk among us. William Shatner. Michael J. Fox. Monty Hall. Mike Meyers. Alex Trebek. All of them Canadians. All of them here.

Amen.
All Credit Applications Accepted.
Only $25 and a Job.
Open til 8…even later if you know yer comin’
Right on the Corner and Right on the Price!

Maybe they figure if you’re dumb enough to be sucked in by transparant B.S. you’ll be dumb enough to leap at the “deal” they offer you.

Hmmm bad post on my part Banks. I apologize. Caught up in the heat of the moment. Evidently you haven’t read the threads in the other areas…where the flag and civil war are heated topics. One thread in MPSIMS is about the confederate flag being flown over the statehouse in South Carolina. At any rate I should have left the thought where it was and not in this thread. I am very proud to be a southern American.
Again, I offer my apology.

fuzzy…

Not a problem. Thanks.

American by birth…southern by the grace of God.

Harry S. Truman