I don't remember eating THAT

Is there a psychological/psychoanalytical meaning that is generally accepted, attributed to people who peek into the toilet before flushing?

Along those lines, I have heard that it is common in Dutch homes to see a toilet device that allows folks to inspect their feces before sending them off to Antwerp or wherever Dutch feces go. What’s that all about?

“Anything is peaceful from one thousand, three hundred and fifty-three feet.”

I’m not sure that we’re talking about the same thing, but one of the first things I noticed about Germany was the difference in the toilets. They are built with a shallow, concave, “shelf” attached to the rear that feces collects on before it is flushed forward and down the drain. The explanation I received for this feature was that routine inspection of your own feces is an effective early warning for some serious illnesses. Not so very long ago, this could mean the difference between life and death.

This is the kind of practical, common-sense thinking that would never be accepted in the U.S.

Especially if it were true :slight_smile:

-Monte

“Oxen are slow, but the earth is patient.” – some Chinese guy

Same thing applied to Russia, except for the modern/renovated facilities like recently acquired hotels where the bowl of water deal was prevalent.
Since we’re on the subject, yeah, I check. I’d rather be the first to know I’m passing more blood than solid waste.
Unlike my ex-roomie from senior year at Georgetown, however, I don’t feel a pressing need to share the results with the rest of the household! :frowning:

Cave Diem! Carpe Canem!

Why not? One should look to make sure they didn’t drop their wallet.

Why not? One should look to make sure they didn’t drop their wallet.

Or pager.
BTW, I always look. Always have, probably always will.
It’s much more interesting if you don’t chew your food completely.
Peace,
mangeorge

Work like you don’t need the money…
Love like you’ve never been hurt…
Dance like nobody’s watching! Source???

[quote]
Is there a psychological/psychoanalytical meaning that is generally accepted, attributed to people who peek into the toilet before flushing?

[quote]

I congratulate you on apparently never having had a physical reason to inspect. Now there’s intestinal fortitude!

I’ve heard that if you’re getting enough fiber in your diet, your solid waste will float, if it sinks to the bottom head for the bran.

Felinecare: Actually, this question came to mind because in “Basic Instinct” Michael Douglas’s character tries to head off an Internal Affairs officer’s presumptions of his mental state by saying “I look in the toilet and I don’t know why” or something to that effect. So I began wondering do psych investigative types really think they know anything by reason of toilet-looking?

And lest you think I have extraordinary intestinal fortitude, yes I look. {blush}

“Anything is peaceful from one thousand, three hundred and fifty-three feet.”

Forgive me for being… uh… earthy, but I think this practice (looking) is closely akin to our habit of carefully examining the smell of our own flatulence and pronouncing it (inwardly, at least) “good” while loudly rejecting the aroma of other offerings as being of inferior quality.

I check. When I was a little kiddy I checked other stalls at school to see if there were any dumps left unflushed. (sick, I know-but those days are over)
I’ve noticed that whenever I eat corn for dinner, whether on the cob or off, my next bathroom break (#2) tends to have some left over kernels inside my poop. Why doesn’t my body digest the whole corn kernel? Popcorn won’t create the chunky texture, but I have found out that peanuts sometimes will. And why does Bran make feces so… thick?

Show me a man with both feet on the ground and I’ll show you a man who can’t put his pants on. -Arthur K. Watson

Brings back memories of when the Metropolitan Sanitary District of Chicago, in hopes of solving its disposal problems, offered “sludge” from its drying operations free of charge to area gardeners for use as fertilizer. The experiment was a total failure because the human digestive tract leaves many seeds intact and viable, and people who took them up on the deal found themselves with thousands of unwanted tomato plants.