fear smelling

As ayoungsteer,I was told that dogs and bees can “smell” if you’re afraid of them,and it makes them mad.Is there any clinical tests to prove this?Was this an old wives tale?How would they test it anyway?

I have owned plenty of dogs and, from experience, I can state that dogs are certainly capable of sensing fear. Body language, eye contact, things of that nature will inform a dog of your intentions. Dogs are pack animals and if they are dominant or protective enough, when challenged or threatened, will attack. I was bitten frequently enough as a kid to know how to avoid it now. As far as bees? Hard to say. I always figured leave them alone and they leave me alone. Has worked thus far. Knock wood.

I heard that fear makes you smell sweet and attracts bees. Joy. Don’t know if it’s an OWT or not, but I ain’t taking any chances.

Those who can’t hear the music, think the dancer is mad.

I’m going to resurrect this thread, because I’m sitting here with my friend’s psycho dog that snaps at me every once in a while for no friggin reason, and we were wondering if it’s true that dogs can sense fear somehow.

Cecil on “smelling” fear

Livin’ on Tums, vitamin E and Rogaine

And all of our second-guessing is here:
http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000419.html

Tom~

(BTW, V, if you were once a youngsteer, are you now an oldox?)

very funny tom, but don’t get me in trouble. That was my old username. Don’t resurrect vanillanice!