head music

I have this psycho/neuro thing going on, where I have music playing in my mind all of the time. It’s a neat cheap form of entertainment, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a name for this?

2. Any web or other sources of info?

3. Does it make me interesting?

“Aural hallucination”?

It depends. If it’s “light jazz” or “love songs and nothing but love songs”, yes you do have a problem.

Earllucination

When I was a kid, I was POSITIVE I heard music playing somewhere in the house. This was obviously not the case, and I asked my mom about it. She frowned, shook her head. Nothing like that really happened to me since.

Being schizophrenic or having a tumor or any other brain injury or just being a weird psycho can give you ‘real’ auditory hallucinations like hearing voices. These threads talk about that.

Or do you only mean the ‘stuck tune syndrome’. Germans call it ‘Ohrwurm’. (= ear worm)
There’s lots of info in these threads: song stuck in my head . . . why? and Make the music in my head go away!!

I have the urge to comment on them.

Add another ‘terrible’. Three days.

Pfff :rolleyes:
Bach, Pastorale in F. A FULL WEEK!
Another three days of ‘Puff, the Magic Dragon’ seem rather harmless in comparison.
Worst of it, I heard ALL THREE OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME! (yes, I’m crying.)

I think adding Bachs ‘Air’ somehow cracked my brain.
brain.
brain.
brain.

Thanks for the threads. It seems like there ought to be more info out there - ‘musicolalia’ is a nonstarter on both Google and Dogpile.