How do you keep fresh corn FRESH

I always wondered when you get fresh corn and if you leave it in the plastic bag it goes kind of bad. Whats the best way to keep corn fresh for the longest.
I love waiting for the fresh Ontario corn and it is now just coming to market so whats your best idea for keeping it fresh?

The way I use is to have boiling water ready. At 5:55pm pick corn & put in water & at 6:00pm eat it.

Thank you but I was looking more along the lines of keeping the corn fresh for a few days so it doesn’t go bad. Since I usually buy a dozen along the country roadside I can’t eat it all at once.
I have found that 10 min cooking is my favourite and heard that you should never add salt while it is cooking too.
I need to know the best way to keep it fresh either on the counter or in the fridge.
Many thanks…

When you get the corn home, wipe off the outsides with a clean dish towel or something (to dry them off somewhat)–leave the husks on until just before you’re ready to cook them–and then store the ears wrapped up in a plastic bag, in the produce drawer of the refrigerator. Both the plastic bag and the produce drawer cut down on evaporation (drying out).

Leave the stubs of the stalks on the ears, as the picked ears of corn are still going through biological “shutdown” processes that are making the kernels draw moisture from the remains of the plant, and the longer you can keep the picked ear of corn in “shutdown” mode, rather than having it kick into “dead” mode, the longer your ears of corn will stay fresh.

Believe it or not, they’ve done research on this…

It might remain “fresh” but how will it “taste?” Like fresh-picked corn? Close?